PDA

View Full Version : TNA planning to strip Hardy of the Title?

GoldSpirit
12-10-2010, 10:27 AM
So, I assume if you are reading this then you read the stories regarding Jeff Hardy's condition (supposedly) at the last PPV 'Final Resolution'. If you haven't, here's a quick re-cap:

Jeff, ALLEGEDLY, showed up to the PPV "hammered" by some reports. Reports came in that SOMEthing was wrong with Jeff. Depending on what you've read he was "pale" and "shaking". Later reports by explained away Jeff's condition as being a result of his hectic travel schedule. He had just flown in from an autograph signing across the country and recently toured the Middle-East (I can't see TNA in Boston, but CAN in Abu Dabi?).
Considering the explanation that Jeff was simply exhausted from travel how do you account for OTHER reports that TNA officials nearly stripped Jeff of the title and had Jarrett v Anderson v. Morgan as the mainevent (With Morgan the most likely winner) at 'Final Resolution'?
It seems to me that there is legitimate concern about Hardy's condition and ability to perform.
We've seen Hardy not look...well. If you've seen the Hardy bros. video bashing CM Punk then you know what I'm talking about. Not to mention Jeff's lacksidasical in-ring performances before and since winning the title. He has been protected in ALL of his matches (two since 10-10-10) and the other guy (Mostly Morgan) has done all of the work.
Jeff's drug case in North Carolina has been continued yet again until January 20th. Hardy is facing some serious charges in this case and if what I know about drug cases can be believed (and I KNOW about this.) He will most likely end up doing SOME sort of jail-time. Of course, celebrity has to be factored in , but Jeff has burnt alot of bridges and I don't think people are clamoring to line up behind him to speak for his character. I would not be surprised if the Prosecution uses videos the Hardy's themselves have posted against him.
If TNA were smart, and thats a stretch, They would indeed strip Hardy of the title.
They should do it quietly and without fanfare. If they don't they risk exposing themselves to some very negative press. "Wrestling champion loses in a Steel Cage. Down for more than a 3 count".
TNA is trying desperately to be taken seriously and having their champ end up in jail or worse, dead of a drug overdose is just bad business.
I don't mean to be so cold-hearted but let's look at what Jeff's done with his "second chance".
He has flaunted his drug use. He has declined in his work effort and ethic. Nearly cost the company he works for the Main event at its year ending PPV. and is barely wrestling.
If TNA is not careful he could singlehandedly bring the company down. They need to be proactive here and look to the lockerroom of guys they have. Main Event quality wrestlers, and give one of them a shot at the title. They have gone "all-in" on the "immortal" storyline and pride might make them stick to their guns but there is still time and a chance to save themselves from the embarassment that is Jeff Hardy.

SilverGhost
12-10-2010, 11:44 AM
They should have stripped the title after the main event match at Final Resolution and put on paid leave(storyline wise: Hardy isn't wrestling because there is no worthy challengers or something) The fact that Hardy is still champ means either TNA has hopes for him or they are that crazy and stupid to have Jeff KNOWING his conditions and issues.

"We have a drug addict as World Champ!" <- this isn't good for a company.

North Vegas Benny
12-10-2010, 12:22 PM
I agree he should have never even wrestled at the ppv. If he showed up to the taping unable to wrestle he should have been stripped of his ugly title and Matt Morgan and some able body person should have fought for the belt ( I think they said something about Ken Anderson). Instead we were forced to watch Jeffrey give a half hearted attempt at a ppv main event. And Jeffs downfall is a disappointment to me he used to be one of my favs, I even used to use his swanton when I backyard wrestled.

The F.N.G. has spoken !!!!!!

GoldSpirit
12-10-2010, 12:39 PM
They could STILL do it if they do it RIGHT.
Here's my take:
iMPACT opens with the usual fanfare. Announced for that night Hardy v. Morgan in a falls count anywhere match.
Morgan is in the ring going off on Hardy and Immortal. Blah, Blah, Blah. He calls out Hardy. nothing. Tenay and Taz cut in, there's something going on in the back. Cut to camera man running in the back, confusion, etc. They find Hardy laid out. He is badly injured. Taz and Tenay are confused, etc. Cut back to Morgan in the ring, smiling. Out comes Fortune, Flair, and Abyss. They jaw at Morgan, Morgan jaws back. "Who did this? Who is responsible?" Morgan says "Look at your list of enemies, Immortal". They make their way to the Ring but Dinero comes out of nowhere, attacks Abyss and they head off to the back. Kaz, AJ, and Beer Money surround the ring. Flair is coming up the steps. Ink Inc through the crowd attack Beer Money, they head off backstage. Flair backs down, Aj and Kaz are protecting him, they cricle and hit the ring attacking Morgan. MR. AN-DER-SON! and The asshole comes out, hits a couple of spots on the remaining fortune, sends Flair to the outside. Morgan is smiling and BOOM. Anderson hits him with the Mic check. Morgan is laid out, Anderson grabs the mic. He is the one who took Hardy out, He's the one who took Morgan out... He wants his belt. RVD's music hits. He is on stage, Saying it's HIS belt. He comes running down the ramp, Anderson and RVD go at it. RVD hits rolling thunder, Five Star frog splash. Morgan is up, hit the Carbon Footprint on RVD. Due to Dixies court order SHE makes the match for the next PPV. RVD v Morgan v Anderson for the vacated title. (Here's where I'd add AJ to the mix if I were them, he hits Morgan with Styles Clash and it's a 4 way dance for the Title at the next PPV.)
There is a certain logic to this, RVD is effectively without a feud, Morgan and Anderson could easily feud again and, if you add AJ you'd give the fans what they want and a REASON why he dropped the belt to Williams (Leaving Kaz to feud with Doug for the TV title.)http://www.shockblastmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/jeff_hardy_shoots_on_cm_punk.png

SilverGhost
12-10-2010, 12:46 PM
That would work. The trick is to make Hardy's suspension believeable in a storyline so he can handle his stuff in real life. I say yes to that idea. Though its in TNA's hands. Its up to them if they want a drug addict as champ.

North Vegas Benny
12-10-2010, 12:54 PM
I like it sounds better than anything the Hogan\Bischoff\Russo regime has came up with in the last year.

SilverGhost
12-10-2010, 01:00 PM
BiscHogan Inc=Cancer of TNA

SaberToothTigerz
12-10-2010, 01:12 PM
who does jeff thinks he is bashing cm punk?
jeff now is no where near the league of punk so fuck jeff hardy damnit i always hated the guy for the huge pop ppl gave him already in the wwe and now even more for the role he is taking on tna
i never liked jeff so dont even shove that piece of crap down my throat bcuz i wont buy it
jeff ur a wacked up loser and in the words of cm punk "your not funny anymore and nobody likes you"

North Vegas Benny
12-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Ten years ago the hardys were the sh!t. Now all the drugs have turned them into sh!t.

SilverGhost
12-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Ten years ago the hardys were the sh!t. Now all the drugs have turned them into sh!t.

Quoted for truth.

CobraNightviper
12-10-2010, 01:36 PM
I agree totally but tna(Hogan,Bidhoff and Russo)still think this is the 1990's and in the 1990's the Hardy's were a good team so mabey they will get with the 2000's in the next decade that is if there really amortals.

SilverGhost
12-10-2010, 01:42 PM
I agree totally but tna(Hogan,Bidhoff and Russo)still think this is the 1990's and in the 1990's the Hardy's were a good team so mabey they will get with the 2000's in the next decade that is if there really amortals.

They went 80's first then 90s. Finally the crapper.

IrkenInvader
12-10-2010, 01:45 PM
Why are you guys surprised we have a wash up as champ, they haven't signed anyone but wash ups since Bitchoff/Hogan regime took over.

SilverGhost
12-10-2010, 01:50 PM
Why are you guys surprised we have a wash up as champ, they haven't signed anyone but wash ups since Bitchoff/Hogan regime took over.

I am not really surprised about that. I am just shaking my head that they are going backwards.

CobraNightviper
12-10-2010, 02:21 PM
yeah really and it's not even the good matches from the 1990's wtf.

Stump
12-11-2010, 02:14 AM
They went 80's first then 90s. Finally the crapper.

Are you saying that the Hardys wrestled in the 1980's? Dude, Jeff wasn't even born until 1977. If I misunderstood your point, I'm sorry. This was just too funny not to respond.

SilverGhost
12-11-2010, 02:33 AM
Are you saying that the Hardys wrestled in the 1980's? Dude, Jeff wasn't even born until 1977. If I misunderstood your point, I'm sorry. This was just too funny not to respond.

Excuse me. Read the quote that I have quoted on with that sentence. What you need is to reread.

If you want me to make it simple for you so you can understand what I mean....I'll do it in the MOST SIMPLE WAY POSSIBLE!

TNA went by a timeline based on their talent if you are not thinking right:

80s- Hogan, The Nasty Boys(Yes TNA needed some dudes from the 80s)
90s- ECW( I like the approach but even guys from ECW want it to remain dead)

Now- going down the drain(NWO-like)

Firebrand
12-11-2010, 07:27 AM
TNA needs to man up and straight out say they screwed up with the Hogan and Bischoff thing and fire them then fire all the dope heads on the roster. With the 10 or 12 workers that will be left, they should do just fine.

Stump
12-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Excuse me. Read the quote that I have quoted on with that sentence. What you need is to reread.

If you want me to make it simple for you so you can understand what I mean....I'll do it in the MOST SIMPLE WAY POSSIBLE!

TNA went by a timeline based on their talent if you are not thinking right:

80s- Hogan, The Nasty Boys(Yes TNA needed some dudes from the 80s)
90s- ECW( I like the approach but even guys from ECW want it to remain dead)

Now- going down the drain(NWO-like)

No need to be insulting. I already said, in my original comment that i was sorry if i was misunderstanding you.

SilverGhost
12-11-2010, 12:00 PM
No need to be insulting. I already said, in my original comment that i was sorry if i was misunderstanding you.

Then read carefully.

Stump
12-11-2010, 12:55 PM
Then read carefully.

Speak clearly.

Rich Cranium
12-12-2010, 12:50 AM
I wonder if Jeff will be champ until his next hearing

Rich Cranium
12-12-2010, 12:51 AM
Speak clearly.

That's right SG, speak clearly because I cant hear you through my computer!

SilverGhost
12-12-2010, 01:39 AM
That's right SG, speak clearly because I cant hear you through my computer!

LOL I won't yell at my computer!

The Brown One
12-14-2010, 04:45 PM
Excuse me.

Vintage Vickie Guerrero!

Rich Cranium
12-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Vintage Vickie Guerrero!

She used to have her very own thread! It seems to have disappeared for some strange reason!

The Brown One
12-17-2010, 07:03 PM
She used to have her very own thread! It seems to have disappeared for some strange reason!

Its now known by another name..never knew she was liked so much :D