PDA

View Full Version : WWE buying TNA (Never)

westy
12-10-2010, 06:13 AM
I kinda laugh when I read people on here saying "I can't wait for the rise and fall of TNA DVD to be released, published by WWE" :) It does make me smile.

I don't think for one minute TNA will be bought by the WWE or anyone really.

WCW was bought out because AOL didn't want it or need it. No matter what Bisch or Russo did to turn the company around it was always going to be sold. The fact that Bisch was unable to purchase it with the help of Panda group was because WCW was going to lose it's TV carrier. Nobody would touch it, if WCW had no home to air the shows and with such huge salaries to pay there was only one choice, the WWE.

TNA have all their finances worked out. Unlike WCW and there Bret Hart and Hulk Hogan salaries, TNA have much lower running costs. A static home for Impact, wrestlers on lower salaries, and TNA around the world is increasing. Watching the TNA wrestlers chilling out in UAE at the royal families home, just shows how far they have come.

TNA are improving, getting better with each year, the whole wrestling industry is weak right now, but I think TNA are in no immediate danger of being bought anytime soon.

b0shey
12-10-2010, 07:15 AM
So thats why TNA cant get out of the 1. rating?, TNA use more money than they earn... spike tv even financed a deal for Kurt Angle.. If TNA lose their Spike TV timeslot they got nothing.

Just saying soon on WWE Tv

Did you know?

WWE Classics on Demand features programming from over a dozen different wrestling libraries, including WWE, NWA,ECW,WCCW,AWA and WcW.... And Soon Total Nonstop Action (TNA).

Bodom
12-10-2010, 09:30 AM
Hey I honestly hope it never happens.

But it's bound to happen at some point. Just being realistic.

But props to you for being optimistic.

Thewoodcutter
12-10-2010, 09:30 AM
So thats why TNA cant get out of the 1. rating?, TNA use more money than they earn... spike tv even financed a deal for Kurt Angle.. If TNA lose their Spike TV timeslot they got nothing.

Just saying soon on WWE Tv

Did you know?

WWE Classics on Demand features programming from over a dozen different wrestling libraries, including WWE, NWA,ECW,WCCW,AWA and WcW.... And Soon Total Nonstop Action (TNA).

The've only been around 8 years. I loved TNA before Hogan and I still watch it. It needs to be around or WWE is get gonna continue to get worse. I wish Ring Of Honor would get a huge tv contract and also compete with WWE.

Rassling_Fan
12-10-2010, 11:31 AM
I hope it doesn't happen as well, despite the poor treatment TNA does with their talent.

But they are setting themselves up just like WCW. Most of their money is on a TV Channel Organization and if they decide that TNA isn't worth the price, then they will have no where else to go.

InfoWarrior
12-11-2010, 12:31 AM
I dont think there is anyway that WWE will buy TNA. Vince has already stated that he doesnt see TNA being competition to WWE anyways. I have to be honest and say that TNA is more of a WRESTLING company and when I say that I mean quality of matches. I like the WWE for their production and a hand full of guys that really work every night (Triple H, Randy Orton, Jericho, Cena, Undertaker and Edge), but overall WWE is entertainment not wrestling anymore. Vince even claims that he runs a Entertainment company not a wrestling company. It seems to me that the TNA roster gives 110% every night and their matches overall are far more superior. Maybe I'm blind but I just dont see that in the WWE. With that being said I dont think Vince has any need in buying a Wrestling company. Once the dust had settled and the smoke had cleared, what has Vince really gained buy buying WCW and ECW. It wasnt really money, seeing as he already had plenty of it. TNA is still new in the wrestling world when you compare it to WWE(F). I think when TNA reaches its 15 year mark is when it can really be judged for the product it represents. In my opinion is TNA great? NO, but it does have the potential to be a great WRESTLING company.

The Brown One
12-14-2010, 11:51 PM
I dont think there is anyway that WWE will buy TNA. Vince has already stated that he doesnt see TNA being competition to WWE anyways. I have to be honest and say that TNA is more of a WRESTLING company and when I say that I mean quality of matches. I like the WWE for their production and a hand full of guys that really work every night (Triple H, Randy Orton, Jericho, Cena, Undertaker and Edge), but overall WWE is entertainment not wrestling anymore. Vince even claims that he runs a Entertainment company not a wrestling company. It seems to me that the TNA roster gives 110% every night and their matches overall are far more superior. Maybe I'm blind but I just dont see that in the WWE. With that being said I dont think Vince has any need in buying a Wrestling company. Once the dust had settled and the smoke had cleared, what has Vince really gained buy buying WCW and ECW. It wasnt really money, seeing as he already had plenty of it. TNA is still new in the wrestling world when you compare it to WWE(F). I think when TNA reaches its 15 year mark is when it can really be judged for the product it represents. In my opinion is TNA great? NO, but it does have the potential to be a great WRESTLING company.

Vince blew it with buying those companies. Sure they were going downhill but they too had the potential to be great. But I guess Vince just didn't want a market to compete with.

eboy
12-22-2010, 02:03 PM
if wwe baught tna all it would mean is a roster of guys buried in wwe and we are left with even ,more copyright restrictions plus there'll always be a number two because with out a number two wwe wont be number one hope this doesn't happen

Bodom
12-22-2010, 09:37 PM
if wwe baught tna all it would mean is a roster of guys buried in wwe and we are left with even ,more copyright restrictions plus there'll always be a number two because with out a number two wwe wont be number one hope this doesn't happen

Basically Invasion2.0

Except almost none of the average WWE audience would have no clue who any of the invading TNA guys were

SilverGhost
12-22-2010, 09:39 PM
Basically Invasion2.0

Except almost none of the average WWE audience would have no clue who any of the invading TNA guys were

Bold quoted for truth!

nrb6304
12-22-2010, 10:18 PM
I think a lot of people forget that WCW was around almost as long as the WWF when Vince bought it. I mean WCW dates back to the orginal NWA (when NWA MEANT something)
For what Vince paid for it (I don't know the numbers, but you could find it, and if Y2J says he could afford it in early 2001 it wasn't alot) McMahon was already tripled that in DVD's and merch.

I don't think TNA is ever going to be bought out by WWE, mainly because, as somebody already mentioned. WWE isn't a WRESTLING company. WWE doesn't compete with TNA or ROH or DGUSA or any other WRESTLING company. You wanna know who WWE competes with? Two and a Half Men, Monday Night Football, the NBA, the NHL, The Event, The Office, LOST, Dancing With the Stars, American Idol. THOSE are who Vince competes with, not TNA.

And as much as I enjoy ROH, ROH is like ECW, in the sense that it only appeals to ONE auidence. ECW (in it's prime) appealed to fans who wanted to see blood and guts, guys beating the holy high hell out of each other.
ROH only appeals to people who want to sitt and watch a 60 minute techincall wrestling match. And I'm sorry, but guys....there ain't alot of us out there. Not EVERYBODY is dying to see Davey Richards and Homicide tear down the house for an hour. It's not mass apeal. The only channel I see RTOH doing exceptionaly well on is maybe VERSUS. And even then I don't see them getting the ratings that RAW gets or any where in the neighborhood.

I would really just like to see TNA get bigger, and better, and screw competing with Vince, just...be the better WRESTLING product.

The Brown One
12-22-2010, 10:23 PM
nbr that was a very long but very well thought post.

nrb6304
12-22-2010, 11:29 PM
nbr that was a very long but very well thought post.

I tend to do that accidently lol, I just don't like making point and not backing it up. lol. And thank you I try

Raiyne
12-27-2010, 05:16 PM
Bought out? No. But Spike will soon find a new show that produces a 1. rating and will replace them. I noticed the advertisement of TNA has declined so.....TNA ON Demand or Online(Like NXT).

IPEEINTHESHOWER
12-27-2010, 05:57 PM
Let me share my infinite wisdom on this matter.

http://s5.tinypic.com/okynt_th.jpg = http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6V6K4S3GAGHqcmkbke6kCRZj7swv2y m_TrAIAa1OOxRhErk61

TNA = http://www.gifsoup.com/view/418787/train-wreck-o.gif

Dixie Carter may be smart but a wise man by the name of Albert Einstein said "intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them" that's why the WWE will never buy TNA.

U MIRIN???

Rich Cranium
12-27-2010, 06:05 PM
U MIRIN???

What does 'U Mirin' mean? SG says 'mad' in Japanese but what do you say, great one?

IPEEINTHESHOWER
12-27-2010, 06:16 PM
What does 'U Mirin' mean? SG says 'mad' in Japanese but what do you say, great one?

I go to the gym with my good buddy and he's always saying U MIRIN? It's a joke between us as in you admiring my good looks and body. If I use it on here it means you admiring my infinite wisdom.;)

SilverGhost
12-28-2010, 01:49 AM
I go to the gym with my good buddy and he's always saying U MIRIN? It's a joke between us as in you admiring my good looks and body. If I use it on here it means you admiring my infinite wisdom.;)

IPITS=Baka