PDA

View Full Version : Frank Shamrock gives WWE and professional wrestling a nod

nrb6304
12-09-2010, 11:52 PM
I was just dicking around on youtube and the Taker/Lesnar thing, and I found the Bobby Lashley and Chad Griggs (Lashley's first MMA loss due to being gassed) and one of the commentators EARLY in the fight asks Frank "Why do you think we're seeing more and more stars of professional wrestling jump to MMA?"

Frank: "Well they're basically the same thing as us just work a lot more shows"
Commentator: "Well they get paid more in the WWE don't they?"
Frank: "Yeah, but they work a lot harder and work more shows we're talking 200 plus shows a year instead of 1"

I thought it was pretty interesting. What do you guys think?

Bodom
12-09-2010, 11:55 PM
Nice to see professional wrestling get that nod.

Rich Cranium
12-09-2010, 11:58 PM
Yeah, he could of easily went the opposite route, but that's very cool he said those things.

Bodom
12-09-2010, 11:59 PM
But then it also opens up the doors going the other way.

Might get some ignorant folk thinking MMA is rigged

Rich Cranium
12-10-2010, 12:06 AM
But then it also opens up the doors going the other way.

Might get some ignorant folk thinking MMA is rigged

How dare you talk about the Impact fans like that! :)

Robstar
12-10-2010, 12:37 AM
Impact Barn fans can't read so I wouldn't worry too much. Shamrock's comments at least lend credibilty to the athleticism of wrestling, which is good. He could have been all Josh Koscheck about it

Bodom
12-10-2010, 12:50 AM
Impact Barn fans can't read so I wouldn't worry too much. Shamrock's comments at least lend credibilty to the athleticism of wrestling, which is good. He could have been all Josh Koscheck about it

Doesn't mean they can't watch the video and listen to the commentary

Kashdinero
12-10-2010, 01:38 AM
Doesn't mean they can't watch the video and listen to the commentary

They're probably too busy watching replays of impact ~shudders~ to bother with MMA!

TheDevilsAdvocate
12-10-2010, 02:58 AM
I think it's pretty cool that the UFC guys an WWE guys are making these transitions. I just hope that UFC doesn't end up like TNA an end up with a roster full of former WWE talent. XD

Rich Cranium
12-10-2010, 10:58 AM
I think it's pretty cool that the UFC guys an WWE guys are making these transitions. I just hope that UFC doesn't end up like TNA an end up with a roster full of former WWE talent. XD

That reminds me of the Brawl for All -smdh-

Rassling_Fan
12-10-2010, 11:54 AM
It's nice to see they noticed that the wrestlers work harder despite being depicted as a joke. Sure the matches are predetermined but doing that for almost a year straight is a lot harder then training for one match every 6 months.