PDA

View Full Version : The WWE/ World Heavyweight Title

The Leg-end Killer
08-12-2010, 07:38 AM
I may be the only one (although I would be very suprised) but is anyone fed up with the two big titles, Back in the day you just had one the WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP it was the highest point a huge acolade and it meant you were the guy the company looked for to carry it for however long nowdays theres two and it slightly demeans it in my eyes. The belt means your your the man not your the man for Raw or Smackdown. I mean its a bit of a joke when you have wrestlers of Ted Dibiasi's and Curt Henning standing who never won it and then you have a Wrestler whos still learning and is improving in Swagger whos a two-time champion? Hows that fair?

The Watcher
08-12-2010, 07:44 AM
Its not about being fair, its about making money. - Two recognised champions is twice the amount of public appearances and twice the amount of main event matches on PPVs.

For what its worth I'd love for them to go back to one World Champion that encompassed the two brands, but then I'd love for them to unify all the titles so there was only one IC/US belt, one Womens title and one tag title and have the champions go from show to show... its just not gonna happen.

That said its pretty impressive how they've managed to keep all of their titles feeling relevant despite having so many of them.

SgtGohan
08-12-2010, 07:48 AM
Except for the US title which is just hanging around the waist of miz doing nothing. its time he loses the title he is past the midcard wrestlers now anyway.

The Leg-end Killer
08-12-2010, 07:52 AM
Its not about being fair, its about making money. - Two recognised champions is twice the amount of public appearances and twice the amount of main event matches on PPVs.

For what its worth I'd love for them to go back to one World Champion that encompassed the two brands, but then I'd love for them to unify all the titles so there was only one IC/US belt, one Womens title and one tag title and have the champions go from show to show... its just not gonna happen.

That said its pretty impressive how they've managed to keep all of their titles feeling relevant despite having so many of them.

Surely as well this is an inditment on the talent roster that they have to have two belts for two shows. I just think think its taking the prestidge off the belt

bellywolves
08-12-2010, 09:57 AM
The problem is that there are quite a few main event wrestlers in WWE. Due to the brand split and each show needs a focal point of the show, which is ultimately the WWE/WHC title.

Bodom
08-12-2010, 10:09 AM
The problem is that there are quite a few main event wrestlers in WWE. Due to the brand split and each show needs a focal point of the show, which is ultimately the WWE/WHC title.

Exactly. With the different brands and two "rosters" the new World Titles are necessary.

Now if we can just get them to respect the brand split ;)

Tcarms920
08-12-2010, 10:31 AM
the reason those people didn't win and that swagger won, is with two world title it allows more competition and more top stars thats the beneifit of having two belts

Qwerty
08-12-2010, 10:39 AM
The world titles aren't what they used to be, right now they're just instruments meant to get people over. It was tried with both Sheamus and Swagger.

Bodom
08-12-2010, 10:42 AM
The world titles aren't what they used to be, right now they're just instruments meant to get people over. It was tried with both Sheamus and Swagger.

The title belts have always been instruments for getting people over.

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
08-12-2010, 11:17 AM
the titles havent been that prestigious for a few years now maybe its cause am not a cena fan but since he 1st won the wwe title its like it doesnt mean much anymore to wrestlers like when benoit and guerrero won the titles in 04 it ment alot to them cause they deserved it but you see a guy like sheamus he gets title after 6 months whats the deal with that i no the are trying to get new guys over but guys that have been there a while like mvp christian morrioson are more deserving and they are the type of wrestlers that winning the title would mean alot and everything and could get the title to where it once was

SgtGohan
08-12-2010, 11:26 AM
i agree that people like christian and morrison deserve it more then a guy like sheamus who has been in the wwe for only a year. but you must admit sheamus is a pretty good main eventer though.

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
08-12-2010, 11:34 AM
he does give that good heat but i prfer guys that have built there way there like hardy i dont think he will get the world title they should have pushed him back in 2005 after the fued with edge i like what theyare doing with mcintyre though pushing him towards there but need more time to develop

SgtGohan
08-12-2010, 11:36 AM
I see your point. But i dont think Hardy will ever be a world champion anymore. maybe the US or IC Championship but that's probably it. It's a shame really he.

Bodom
08-12-2010, 11:41 AM
i agree that people like christian and morrison deserve it more then a guy like sheamus who has been in the wwe for only a year. but you must admit sheamus is a pretty good main eventer though.

Very true. Sheamus has really come into his own. He may have gotten his spot a little early, but he's proven that he can hang in the main event

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
08-12-2010, 11:45 AM
il see how i feel about sheamus after ss he will retain title i think and hardy should just go to tna now lol

Bodom
08-12-2010, 11:47 AM
il see how i feel about sheamus after ss he will retain title i think and hardy should just go to tna now lol

Hardy may as well just go.

Guybrush_Threepwood
08-12-2010, 01:00 PM
Out of all the changes that the wwe has done over the years i think the two main championships is the best . We would never have seen kane as champ at mitb without it and i just like the idea of there being two titles. Though i don't like the fact there is US title an IC title one needs to go.

Robstar
08-13-2010, 03:49 AM
Exactly. With the different brands and two "rosters" the new World Titles are necessary.

Exactly - keep the brands seperate!!!

Check out my thread on mid-low carders and the misuse of titles in WWE!!!

RKOViper
08-13-2010, 09:32 AM
I like the idea of 2 titles as long as there are 2 separate rosters.

And agreed - Matt Hardy needs to get lost.

ch.brooks24
08-13-2010, 09:49 AM

EXACTLY!! Couldnt have said it any better myself.

ch.brooks24
08-13-2010, 09:56 AM
And agreed - Matt Hardy needs to get lost.

I dont think Hardy deserves a push in the least bit but I wouldnt go as far as to say he needs to get lost. Hes not completely awful in the ring or on the mic and could still be used to put guys over. Just his name alone gets people behind him and he still gets decent pop. Having him put guys over could help young up and comers who need a big victory to start their careers off.

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
08-13-2010, 11:02 AM
I dont think Hardy deserves a push in the least bit but I wouldnt go as far as to say he needs to get lost. Hes not completely awful in the ring or on the mic and could still be used to put guys over. Just his name alone gets people behind him and he still gets decent pop. Having him put guys over could help young up and comers who need a big victory to start their careers off.

i think its his music that just gets the pop lol

ch.brooks24
08-13-2010, 11:39 AM
i think its his music that just gets the pop lol

Actually I think you might be right lol. He was still gettin a pop when he was heel against brother jeff. It was like: *OHH YEAHH!!* Loud Pop from crowd that quickly turns into a chorus of boos

He still gets the "Hardy" chant tho

The Leg-end Killer
08-18-2010, 10:18 AM
I like Matt Hardy, I dont think hes as talented as Jeff but their feud was a good thing and their match at WM25 was good. I also dont think he deserves a push for the title because they need to focus on the better younger talent they have but why not team him with someone else and put him back into the Tag Team pool?

AGEOFFALL
08-18-2010, 09:39 PM
I think they should have only one title but i believe the problem lies with having the title bounce around so much between wrestlers. the titles lose prestige when they change hands so much.