PDA

View Full Version : Tough Enough - Expectations, Thoughts?

Rich Cranium
12-08-2010, 05:21 PM
So I was wondering what you guys are expecting from Tough Enough and whether you think it will outshine NXT.
Also, here is a link to view some contestant hopefuls: http://www.realitywanted.com/calls/allapplicants/9196/615

IrkenInvader
12-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Is it going to be an internet show?

Thewoodcutter
12-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Loved and watched wrestling all my life and can't stand tough enough.

Bodom
12-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Is it going to be an internet show?

I think they're trying to get it on USA

JohnnyPhantom
12-08-2010, 08:08 PM
For tough enough to be a must watch, they are going to need to tap into what made season 1 so successful. Granted its not going to be on MTV like the first few seasons were during the big rush for Wrestling on networks and a the stronger fanbase for wrestling from just casuals.

I think step one is making sure that the trainers are top notch. What made Tough Enough good in the past was that WWE was smart with who they chose to train these wannabee superstars. (Al Snow, Tori, Tazz and Jackie) and with the additions of Chavo, Ivory (one of the better technical women wrestlers) and in my opinion the best trainer in Tough Enough Hardcore Holly. Looking over the roster, im not sure WWE has a lower/mid card superstar that demands the respect that Holly or Al Snow did. Which brings up the question... Should Snow and Holly be considered for rehire just for Tough Enough?

The second part would be the format. If you're going to have Tough Enough you have to keep it simple and to the point. None of this NXT bullshit with stupid challenges that make the competitors looks stupid! Lets break these wannabees down and show the younger fans what it actually takes to be a wrestler and the pain that comes from what they see on Mondays and Fridays and MAYBE just MAYBE some of them will start to appreciate some of the better WRESTLERS in the WWE then just cheering for Cena each and every monday.

Just my thoughts...

TheDevilsAdvocate
12-08-2010, 08:25 PM
off-topic: I remember I did a poll once with my friends an all of them said they only liked John Cena because he was hot. That was a head scratcher for me because he really isn't good looking. He just has a nice body.

On-Topic: The Undertaker an Fit Finlay should become trainers giving that they have had years worth of Wrestling experience an also giving that they have been within the businenss for a very long time just shows they know how to play their cards right. They are also well-known for demanding respect backstage whether it's their persona or just them being themselves. Also.. Everytime a superstar screws up or goes apeshit on somebody it is always Fit Finlay or 'Taker who stepped in to desculate the situation. Aside from them I'd have elected Chavo Guerrero Jr, and Dean Malenko, but Chavo's credibility has been tarnished so badly that they wouldn't really take him as a serious trainer. The reason I say that is because how can he train rookies to excell within the WWE when he can't even match-up to WWE's mascot? An Dean Malenko would have been a great choice but with his health problems it would probably slow down the pace of the show.

Bodom
12-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Not sure about Undertaker. Doubt he would want to break character within the realm of WWE. Good call on Finlay, he'd make a great trainer. Chavo is still credible as ever. Dressing up like a Eagle doesn't take from his wrestling ability.

How about Jamie Noble? This is perfect for him. Finish it up by bringing in Norman Smiley and Billy Kidman from FCW

TheDevilsAdvocate
12-08-2010, 08:34 PM
Not sure about Undertaker. Doubt he would want to break character within the realm of WWE. Good call on Finlay, he'd make a great trainer. Chavo is still credible as ever. Dressing up like a Eagle doesn't take from his wrestling ability.

How about Jamie Noble? This is perfect for him. Finish it up by bringing in Norman Smiley and Billy Kidman from FCW

Perfect line-up! But WWE will likely have guys like Chris Masters, Mark Henry, and Darren Young among other better choices.

Bodom
12-08-2010, 08:37 PM
Perfect line-up! But WWE will likely have guys like Chris Masters, Mark Henry, and Darren Young among other better choices.

And have them carry beer kegs and do soda chugging contests

Wait.

This all sounds familar

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-09-2010, 12:52 AM
Personally, I think tough enough is a stupid idea. I'd much rather see young talent that is already more or less ready to come up to the main roster have their own show and show what they have. Basically, I'd like to combine elements from tough enough and nxt, and make it into a decent, serious show.

On another note though, i do think Chavo and Finlay would make great trainers, and also Goldust if they're willing to break character with him.

CMhuw24
12-09-2010, 01:08 AM
It might not be great but i'd hell rather watch it then NXT Season 3...

Bodom
12-09-2010, 01:17 AM
It might not be great but i'd hell rather watch it then NXT Season 3...

Big Daddy V taking a dump in the middle of the ring for an hour would be better than NXT Season 3

CMhuw24
12-09-2010, 01:26 AM
Big Daddy V taking a dump in the middle of the ring for an hour would be better than NXT Season 3

I agree, atleast that has all the qualities needed in entertainment.
I meen pushing it out infront of a crowd would be hard enough, but to do it for an hour, hell the guy might aswell be a main eventer.

Bodom
12-09-2010, 01:29 AM
I agree, atleast that has all the qualities needed in entertainment.
I meen pushing it out infront of a crowd would be hard enough, but to do it for an hour, hell the guy might aswell be a main eventer.

Give him 20 KFC Double Downs and a bunch of Taco Bell.

He can do it

CMhuw24
12-09-2010, 01:31 AM
Give him 20 KFC Double Downs and a bunch of Taco Bell.

He can do it

Doubt he'd get to em' though, after all he'd have to argue with Vicki and Big Show to see who gets most.

Bodom
12-09-2010, 01:35 AM
Doubt he'd get to em' though, after all he'd have to argue with Vicki and Big Show to see who gets most.

Hmmmm you make an excellent point

TheDevilsAdvocate
12-09-2010, 01:40 AM
I'm shocked that Viscera is even still alive. The guy is HUGE. But he obviously did something right because he enjoyed two decent runs with the WWF/E. XD If he were to ever be on Tough Enough I hope he leaves his suspender tights at home!

CMhuw24
12-09-2010, 04:43 AM
I'm shocked that Viscera is even still alive. The guy is HUGE. But he obviously did something right because he enjoyed two decent runs with the WWF/E. XD If he were to ever be on Tough Enough I hope he leaves his suspender tights at home!

Im fairly sure KFC is sponoring his life support or some electronic heart just so they can keep in business.

Lowki
12-09-2010, 08:51 AM
Personally, tough enough was a good show. Well season 1. If they want to be successful they should follow the ultimate fighter. Make it real as possible, document the students actually learning. Have matches that eventually eliminate people through matches that leads to a "final 8" from 20 (or however many). Then at a PPV they could have the "Final" to crown the new tough enough winner. Have these final 8 coming in to cut promos on well known wrestlers not on cornflakes... Have renowned talkers like dusty rhodes or roddy piper there to coach and judge them. It would make use of the Legends too. Have the whole "run up this mountain" episode. Make the wrestlers actually work! This way people can see who is trying the hardest and take interest in them.
Nothing was more satisfying than seeing Chris Nowinski (who thought he deserved to win one of the seasons because he had prior wrestlign training) get eliminated :).
Ultimate fighter type format is the way to go. WWE has plenty of people to call on;
Have special guest legends like Dusty, Piper, Snuka, Steamboat, Anderson, Malenko, Dibiase: All of which could come in on an episode and teach something different.
Use FCW trainers. It will get FCW publicity which helps the development of new talent in the promotion which helps WWE in the long run.

You could either have two teams like UF or just have them training each individual (which would be better) and give people a chance to see how the trainers coach the talents in developmental.
Make Arn anderson, Dean malenko, billy kidman, Finlay, Noble, Steamboat and Morely head coaches (kinda like al snow, Tazz, Tori and jackie in season 1). Even have injured stars turn up and give guest speeches. So if cena gets injured have him turn up out the blue.

John Morrison, The Miz, Skip sheffield, Matt Morgan and Mitch from the spirit squard are a few of the most well known participants- though i'll throw in Justin Roberts and Josh Matthews who were found through tough enough. Before tough enough, John-ny "nitro" morrison was stuck in limbo for two years until he won it. Maven was pushed for a while even beating batista and eliminating the undertaker from a royal rumble.
Personally i'd prefer all of this over NXT any day.

Rassling_Fan
12-09-2010, 09:09 AM
Personally, tough enough was a good show. Well season 1. If they want to be successful they should follow the ultimate fighter. Make it real as possible, document the students actually learning. Have matches that eventually eliminate people through matches that leads to a "final 8" from 20 (or however many). Then at a PPV they could have the "Final" to crown the new tough enough winner.

I agree up to "elimination matches". Remember, this is wrestling so everything has to be scripted. So for this, I think a test match that judges on their performance would be better, like Celebrity Wrestling that Hogan ran. Sure, it was a stupid idea when Hogan did it, but that way we can see how well they take being booked to lose and taking care of their opponent.

Lowki
12-09-2010, 10:05 AM
The final 8 could be done in a few ways though - Elimination based on performances "judged" by "pros". That way just winning isn't enough.
The only problem with the Celeb wrestling idea is that vince really wouldn't want "booked to lose" to come across on one of his shows. Even though its obviously scripted that's one thing Vince would never allow happen on his show =/
There'll be some women in the show though so more than likely they will just eliminate on performance/People drop out themselves like most of season 1, ending with a male and female winner.

xAzureSkye
12-09-2010, 02:17 PM
So how does this work? Whoever gets the most votes gets into Tough Enough? i have looked through & some of the guys look very built & a lot of the girls look built too as well as beautiful

SaberToothTigerz
12-09-2010, 02:32 PM
tough enough just doesnt ring a bell to me i have to see it for the first time to rly give my opinnion on it...

Bodom
12-09-2010, 03:39 PM
So how does this work? Whoever gets the most votes gets into Tough Enough? i have looked through & some of the guys look very built & a lot of the girls look built too as well as beautiful

I think Gavin Spears is in there somewhere

Lance Storm
12-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Unless it is like the original, then it's worthless!