PDA

View Full Version : Rock's opponent at WM29

Mr. McMahon
01-22-2013, 03:01 PM
I think Rock vs Cena II at Wrestlemania again wouldn't really be good. It happened once and we should just leave it at that, it will make WM29 a lot different to have a different opponent.

Punk retains the title at Royal Rumble so he can face whoever at WM, The Rock wins the match by DQ or something. Have Rock turn heel and challenge The Undertaker at Wrestlemania. This will be something that can really attract older fans. And there are many possible storylines and angles to go with this. For instance The Rock can come out and say that he has beaten the best of the best and done accomplished everything in his career that he wanted to. He has won the Royal Rumble, beaten Hulk Hogan, John Cena and Steve Austin and Wrestlemania but there is one thing left for him to do.

He says that he is leaving wrestling for good and wants closure to his wrestling career and he will do just that after he ends Undertaker's streak at Wrestlemania. These two have not faced each at a WM before. It would make sense to have this match, two attitude era stars. The Rock says that he has beaten Cena, Hogan, Austin at WM and he will add Undertaker to that list.

I only want this to happen because Punk vs Taker is way too predictable. This way the title stays on Punk, Rock doesn't win the title, taker doesn't need to be in the rumble and someone else can win the rumble. Besides we all know Undertaker won't be heel and The Rock can make the feud a lot more fun and interesting if he turns heel.

Just a suggestion. I don't think Undertaker has ever defeated The Rock, they could use that in the storyline too as last time these two faced off The Rock ended up winning. The Rock has been undefeated for 3 straight Wrestlemania's in singles action (not counting the handicap match)

dmt4life
01-22-2013, 03:32 PM
I kind of like Rock vs Taker, though they have never faced each other at Mania, they have had matches, so they know how to work with each other, usually something Taker wants since he almost requires someone who can carry him in area's he can no longer perform in at peak levels, and it has a level of believability if Rock builds himself on past Wrestlemania moments, though this is a match where Rock would not have to turn Heel, WWE has shown that it can build Face vs Face Wrestlemania matches, Austin vs Rock II, Rock vs Cena, HHH vs Taker II/III, HBK vs Taker, then you could leave Punk to take on someone like Brock *just think about that*, which leaves Cena to put over a newer talent, maybe keep slow burning him with Ziggler till Mania, where they could have that Iron Man Match Ziggs mentioned he would love to do, these are all of course personal opinions on what potential possibilities I would like to see WWE take building up to Mania

ToiletBowl
01-22-2013, 03:45 PM
I was thinking about something fairly similar the other day, but it involves Cena v Rock II. Since Vince has a massive man-crush on Ryback and feels he can be the future face of the company... why not let the Rock win the title at either the Rumble or the EC PPV, then have Cena do something heel-like to take the title off him at WM? They could create a fresh idea by turning Cena heel. This would free Punk up to work the program with Taker at WM. They can do their Ryback v Show match, giving Ryback his first big WM win. Also, they could spend a year building up Ryback as the #1 babyface, leading to a big Summer Slam or WM match between he and Cena where Ryback finally gets the strap.

I'm not against Rock v Cena II even if both are faces. I understand that's the biggest possible draw for a PPV of that level.

TomJarvis100
01-22-2013, 03:46 PM
Undertaker beat The Rock at King of the ring 1999 to retain the WWF title so he has beaten him before.Cena wont turn heel u idiot and an cena vs ziggler iron man match wont happen at mania

Robstar
01-22-2013, 03:52 PM
Undertaker beat The Rock at King of the ring 1999 to retain the WWF title so he has beaten him before.Cena wont turn heel u idiot and an cena vs ziggler iron man match wont happen at mania

I don't think it's necessary to call him an idiot. Try posting in a different style and if you can't help it, let me know, I'll offer some assistance.

ToiletBowl
01-22-2013, 04:10 PM
Yes, we all know the WWE isnt turning Cena any time soon, if ever. I was simply posting what I would like to see. Then again, I have been wanting Cena to turn heel for several years now. My point being... Vince has publicly stated he can see Ryback as a top 2 face of the company. One way to do this would be turning Cena heel. I mean, no one ever thought Hogan would turn... then again, WCW was at the top of their creative game back then. WWE's creative is possibly at an all time low.

El T Draino 316
01-22-2013, 04:17 PM
Don't get me wrong, it would certainly be buzzworthy and epic for the Rock to face Taker. However, it falls short in a few areas.

1. Older stars generally should come back to make new stars look better. Taker is in a rare position where he can make younger guys look like stars even in defeat. Hell, the Rock too. Just being in a program with either of these two guys at Mania will be fantastic exposure for anyone looking to be a top guy. So, having two oldies square off does nothing for the full-time roster.

2. Although they are both seasoned veterans on paper, both have wrestled exactly 2 matches in the last 2 years. At this point in their careers, they need opponents who can compliment them, hide their cobwebs, and elevate the match. While they would surely work hard, I can't imagine these two could put on a perfomance as epic as this match would demand.

3. Where does that leave Punk and Cena? I suppose they could fight each other, but we've seen that a decent amount in the past year and a half. Perhaps a Ladder Match, or a Last Man Standing Match would be a fitting wrinkle to throw in, if that's the route they needed to take.

Mr. Ziggles
01-22-2013, 04:43 PM
Your the boss.

TheGreatOne
01-22-2013, 04:58 PM
Cena haters say this because Cena lost the first go round.

PSOjedi
01-22-2013, 05:47 PM
I think Rock vs Cena II at Wrestlemania again wouldn't really be good. It happened once and we should just leave it at that, it will make WM29 a lot different to have a different opponent.

Punk retains the title at Royal Rumble so he can face whoever at WM, The Rock wins the match by DQ or something. Have Rock turn heel and challenge The Undertaker at Wrestlemania. This will be something that can really attract older fans. And there are many possible storylines and angles to go with this. For instance The Rock can come out and say that he has beaten the best of the best and done accomplished everything in his career that he wanted to. He has won the Royal Rumble, beaten Hulk Hogan, John Cena and Steve Austin and Wrestlemania but there is one thing left for him to do.

He says that he is leaving wrestling for good and wants closure to his wrestling career and he will do just that after he ends Undertaker's streak at Wrestlemania. These two have not faced each at a WM before. It would make sense to have this match, two attitude era stars. The Rock says that he has beaten Cena, Hogan, Austin at WM and he will add Undertaker to that list.

I only want this to happen because Punk vs Taker is way too predictable. This way the title stays on Punk, Rock doesn't win the title, taker doesn't need to be in the rumble and someone else can win the rumble. Besides we all know Undertaker won't be heel and The Rock can make the feud a lot more fun and interesting if he turns heel.

Just a suggestion. I don't think Undertaker has ever defeated The Rock, they could use that in the storyline too as last time these two faced off The Rock ended up winning. The Rock has been undefeated for 3 straight Wrestlemania's in singles action (not counting the handicap match)
Bold = False or will never happen

bmfs
01-29-2013, 07:43 AM
Well considering the outcome of the absolutely awful Royal Rumble PPV, I think the Wrestlemania main event has become obvious. Rock isn't going to come back to the WWE "for real" so he'll hold on to the WWE Championship until WM, probably making a few appearances between now and then. Cena announced during the first Raw of the year that this year he would "become WWE Champion", and it's completely obvious that's the title he'll challenge for since he's a Raw superstar. Cena will beat Rock for the WWE Championship to redeem his loss to Rock last time they met 1-on-1. And they tossed away Punk's epic Championship reign just to build up to boring talentless John Cena being back on top.

I try as hard as I can to not be one of those fans that complains about the choices creative teams make but in this case...man what a huge failure. I hope Punk quits the company and jumps to TNA where he'll actually have a chance to show his fantastic in-ring ability instead of the crap the WWE has been doing with his matches this past year.

/rant ^_^;;

wtkace
01-30-2013, 07:37 PM
Is there a bet for me to put in? I will go all in for Cena which will win for sure........crap, we all know ho useless the creative team are, by the way, I hate cena.