PDA

View Full Version : You're WWE Creative...

JohnnyPhantom
12-08-2010, 02:06 AM
So heres the scenario, your on WWE's creative team and your sole purpose is to create a new superstar, name him and create his angle. Since it seems as though WWE draws names from a hat at random and doesnt seem to know how to build a character and put him over if his name isnt John Cena (to the kiddies) or Undertaker, HHH or Randy Orton.

So how would you put him or her over that WWE doesnt do?

The Brown One
12-08-2010, 04:40 AM
So heres the scenario, your on WWE's creative team and your sole purpose is to create a new superstar, name him and create his angle. Since it seems as though WWE draws names from a hat at random and doesnt seem to know how to build a character and put him over if his name isnt John Cena (to the kiddies) or Undertaker, HHH or Randy Orton.

So how would you put him or her over that WWE doesnt do?

I know its been done before with Cena taking on Kurt Angle.. but I'd like something like that to happen again. The world champion issues an open challenge to anyone he hasn't faced before..A newbie wearing basic wrestling gear shows up and takes on the champ and beats him. They could push him to win his first title against the champ..but make it an extended fued with both sides getting in offense, not 1 sided, so that it doesn't blow. Not a good idea really but It's the only 1 I could think off atm.

alexrules01
12-08-2010, 05:36 AM
I have always thought of a similar thing The brown one, some new guy comes in, first match and wins the title. BUT he has to be a good wrestler and somewhat entertaining on the mic

But another idea of a superstar is the "WWE Machine". Thats his name
He wears an attire looking like some android who does all the typical WWE things, similar to Cena, but the idea behind it is vince is so rich he created this machine to teach the roster how to be a WWE superstar, but the roster hate it as they want to wrestle their own way

The Brown One
12-08-2010, 05:55 AM
I have always thought of a similar thing The brown one, some new guy comes in, first match and wins the title. BUT he has to be a good wrestler and somewhat entertaining on the mic

He wears an attire looking like some android who does all the typical WWE things, similar to Cena, but the idea behind it is vince is so rich he created this machine to teach the roster how to be a WWE superstar, but the roster hate it as they want to wrestle their own way

Sounds like a way to piss off some wrestlers :D but you don't mean a real robot right? That would be weird

TNA 'The very best'
12-08-2010, 07:03 AM
they could do this with Daniel Bryan right now,

I'd have a guy come in pretty lowkey, win a few matches, about 3/4 months in win the US/IC title, have a long run, about 6 months, then have him on some kind of Gimmick Raw face the champ, He wins and the champ is so upset he tries to take revenge, leading to a few matchs, coming together at a ppv for the WHC title, with him winning, becoming IC/US and WHC champ, next night on Raw he gives up the IC/US title(whick is won by a top star (Y2J, Edge etc)) and has a few months run as WHC. When he loses the title and has all his rematchs etc, He goes after the US/IC title as he never lost it, (who ever won the US/IC title is still champ) putting him in another fued with a top star.

Going from no one to someone in 12/15 months, giving him clean wins over top stars turning him heel when he loses WHC title and going after Face US/IC champ. i think would be a good build up to a top star.

alexrules01
12-08-2010, 07:26 AM
Sounds like a way to piss off some wrestlers :D but you don't mean a real robot right? That would be weird

no not a real robot lol.. just be so funny

mrbluto
12-08-2010, 07:59 AM
I would have HHH come back and Lose to a young wrestler (Bryan, Del Rio) then have HHH lose to him a second time, bring in HBK to help train Hunter, help him get his aggressiveness back, at Wrestlemania have HHH beat the young guy almost to death but always have the young guy come back, time after time this young bloody kid wont give up and wins the match. It will push the young wrestler to the top.

TNA 'The very best'
12-08-2010, 08:08 AM
bring in HBK to help train Hunter, help him get his aggressiveness back,

Curious as to weather this is a joke or not?

thejman93
12-08-2010, 09:55 AM
Ok, I know this has been brought up millions of times on this fourm but TURN CENA HEEL. It would open up a lot of storyline options.

jamesstrange
12-08-2010, 10:14 AM
depends on the guy and his strengths and such, something WWE just don't take into account. You also need each guy to be different, bring something different, new and exciting to the table. I'll use Tyler Reks for my example, like if I was booking him to first come in, first on smackdown run some videos about him. He's a physical big guy, but at the same time there booking him now like all big guys, like a monster who doesnt take, has no depth and just beats and destroys guys.

Have some videos about him go revealing more each week. With him I'd book him like not just a bruiser but like a machine who knows how to pick you apart. In the videos have him talking about himself like a surgeon, ripping his opponents to pieces methodically and someone who wants to go to the top, but at the same time inflict as much pain on the roster as possible. Mix that with footage of him in training and in matches hitting his impressive moves. And build that up for a few weeks.

Then have him wrestle not just as a bruiser, but first doing all the stuff to pick his opponents apart but then zone in with moves, suplexs and such and submissions to exploit their weaknesses. Have him debut against some jobbers first with easy wins, but squash matches were he takes his time and hurts them. Have him talk to after them. Then eventually slowly build him by having him beat the lower card guys, then get him focused on the IC title, whoever he's facing, whether the champ's a heel or face, it doesn't matter to him and build up a feud. Maybe a twist or too where Rex even shows what we think is compassion, like stopping someone else beating the champ down, they shake hands but then he hits his finisher on him.

Eventually give him the title maybe and then have him challenge anyone to beat him as a fighting champion, then have him face a mix of local jobbers and stars until someone big like Big Show challenges him, he doesn't back down, lose's but is willing to put the belt on the line for another shot at Show if it means he gets to beat the biggest athlete in the world. He does so, maybe then turn the guy tweener or face, like have him teaming with Show against some other wrestlers or feud him with someone else who might be a heel. Just mix things up and make the guy a bit different.

Incubus_99
12-08-2010, 10:49 AM
Have some videos about him go revealing more each week. With him I'd book him like not just a bruiser but like a machine who knows how to pick you apart. In the videos have him talking about himself like a surgeon, ripping his opponents to pieces methodically and someone who wants to go to the top, but at the same time inflict as much pain on the roster as possible.

Mike Knox?...

vbirwin
12-08-2010, 11:22 AM
Find a guy with a lot of wrestling talent but bring him in playing a new guy fresh on thecene. Have him show a lot of promise and do well in his matches but always fall just a bit short and never win. Have some of the bigger names taunt him about not being able to win a match and not being a well rounded enough wrestler. Have the guy state that he is determined to change things and to make himself the best so he can pay back all the guys who have been putting him down. Then, over the course of 6 months or so show the guy getting trained by a number of WWE Hall Of Famers or Former Champions. Show him training with Dean Malenko on pure wrestling and have Dean accompany him to the ring for a few weeks. Show him training with Sgt Slaughter teaching how to be a brawler and have Sarge with him for a while. Show him lifting weights with Animal to build strength and Bob Backlund to buld cardiovascular and have them accompany him to the ring for a few weeks. Show him working with Roddy Piper an how to talk and do interviews and have Roddy with him for a few weeks. Maybe even show someone current like Rey Misterio showing him high flying. All the while allowing his matches to get better and have him start winning some. Then have him wrestle the champ on Raw and still lose and have the champ say that even with all the improvement he still doesn't have the killer instinct or the attitude to be champ. Then have him challenge teh champ to a PPV match and on the Raw before the PPV have the guy say he has a surprise and show he's been spending time with Steve Austin to work on attitude. Then after he wins the title at the PPV have all the legends come out and celebrate with him.

Not only is the guy over but he will have a rep for the rest of his career because he was trained by the very best ever in the WWE.

captainmoonlight
12-08-2010, 11:31 AM
i'd like to see jamesstrange's idea but have him as a tweener

so once the bell rings he shakes hands and destroys them in heel monster fashion.
but once the match is over he's a face but heel style in promo's
he can have a saying that he never fights outside the ring
he can have a full heel turn at some point after being jump, admitting that he's had enough of being a pro

IrkenInvader
12-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Fire John Cena for realz.

Stihltygre
12-08-2010, 11:39 AM
ok so new guy gets hired, we'll name him Bob, tallish, handsome, fit Good on the Mic, the Perfect Farm boy Face, everyone's fav guy. at First not as a wrestler though, as a back stage interviewer, with occasional visits to the announce table, 2-3 months of him, show him helping out in back carrying bags getting coffee, talking to the superstars... he becomes everyone's favorite "little buddy". on the third month Midcarders start showing up with the CRAP beat out of them, Bob finds himself at the announce table more and more often because the face announcer has an accident. Then the upper midcarders start getting attacked, no one will say who it is at this point all of them saying no one would believe them.

Faces, Heels, everyone's on alert, especially when the number one contender is put out of action a few weeks before a pay per view with the champ in the ring talking about how we " need to do something about this " ( maybe even imply it's the champ, especially if the champ is a face). He's about to go to the back now that his match is forfeit, when a new wrestler shows up ( it's our guy Bob in his New Heel persona) all this time he's been studying, not JUST the champ, but everyone on the roster. he knows all your moves, he knows your strengths and your weaknesses, he knows you.

he proceeds to the ring and utterly destroys the champ, counters for everything, now way to defend against him, and finishes the champ off with his own finisher, and a move "designed to Injure" (his finishing move, ideally an explosive dangerous looking type move that the announcers can freak out over).
the weeks coming up to the PPV he does the same to the top of the roster, each time having counters for everything and finishing them with their own move followed by his finisher. the Champ however is no where to be seen, assumed injured, there is no match for the ppv so the title is vacated and Bob wins a tournament style main event. Bob is at the top of the WWE, and still no champ for another month or two we get the reign of Bob, finally before a PPV Bob the destroyer is in the ring cutting a promo on how he outsmarted the WWE out wrestled everyone, the champ comes back, new ring gear hair long unshaven. he gives Bob props and says yes he outsmarted the WWE but he forgot to finish the job ( yeah i know Over used). Bob arrogantly asks where he was all this time. the champ responds ....training. enter legendary exotic style wrestler ( actually almost anyone who had a style very unlike our champ, say if you used Cena in the champ role give him a fast attack run and gun style, a brawler give him a technician etc.). PPV match is set for the title, and the champ has completely altered his style, Bob is dumbfounded, every counter gets Countered every move gets reversed, ad our champ has a new moveset, finishing Bob off with his own finisher followed by the champs old finisher.

and begins the back and forth feud. get his name face recognition up and eventually turn him face so they can have a bit more flexibility in face heel turns without costing the merch sales.

lucky7pointman
12-08-2010, 11:49 AM
I know its been done before with Cena taking on Kurt Angle.. but I'd like something like that to happen again. The world champion issues an open challenge to anyone he hasn't faced before..A newbie wearing basic wrestling gear shows up and takes on the champ and beats him. They could push him to win his first title against the champ..but make it an extended fued with both sides getting in offense, not 1 sided, so that it doesn't blow. Not a good idea really but It's the only 1 I could think off atm.

Cool idea but I feel the champ sure put him over and beat the new guy cuz if he get a title shot and win then u got a rookie who been in the company for only less than a month as ur world champ it make belt loss more respect I still push the new guy over but buid him up to push him to win the world title

tysteelman
12-08-2010, 11:50 AM
I had an idea for a wrestler who comes in as just a backstage fan who tries to gt an autograph from a face wrestler but the face wrestler is too busy, the fan realizes that the wrestler was once a heel and remembers a angle the face had with a another wrestler the fan likes. this sends the fan into a double rage after being denied. Then the fan goes into feuds where he cant seperate the past from the present with wrestlers feuds. He does this until he realizes he is creating his OWN legacy and starts transitioning into his own self.

lucky7pointman
12-08-2010, 11:55 AM

Wow ☆LL☆ this is worse storyline I have ever hear and I am a promote of my own wrestling show and I came up with bad idea ☆LL☆ but it might work cuz 2 my idea was a hit lol

Bodom
12-08-2010, 11:58 AM

Been done before. Say hello to Santino Marella

I think they tried a robot gimmick already. Think his name was Max Moon.

Stihltygre
12-08-2010, 12:55 PM
I had an idea for a wrestler who comes in as just a backstage fan who tries to gt an autograph from a face wrestler but the face wrestler is too busy, the fan realizes that the wrestler was once a heel and remembers a angle the face had with a another wrestler the fan likes. this sends the fan into a double rage after being denied. Then the fan goes into feuds where he cant seperate the past from the present with wrestlers feuds. He does this until he realizes he is creating his OWN legacy and starts transitioning into his own self.

Mickey James Who?

lucky7pointman
12-08-2010, 12:59 PM
they could do this with Daniel Bryan right now,

I'd have a guy come in pretty lowkey, win a few matches, about 3/4 months in win the US/IC title, have a long run, about 6 months, then have him on some kind of Gimmick Raw face the champ, He wins and the champ is so upset he tries to take revenge, leading to a few matchs, coming together at a ppv for the WHC title, with him winning, becoming IC/US and WHC champ, next night on Raw he gives up the IC/US title(whick is won by a top star (Y2J, Edge etc)) and has a few months run as WHC. When he loses the title and has all his rematchs etc, He goes after the US/IC title as he never lost it, (who ever won the US/IC title is still champ) putting him in another fued with a top star.

Going from no one to someone in 12/15 months, giving him clean wins over top stars turning him heel when he loses WHC title and going after Face US/IC champ. i think would be a good build up to a top star.

Great idea lol

lucky7pointman
12-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Fire John Cena for realz.

And watch ur company go down hill cuz he is the face of the company now sorry but it truth kids love him and girls love him and it hard to get girls to watch wrestling

tysteelman
12-08-2010, 01:44 PM
Mickey James Who?

I know but this could go differently. Mickie was obsessed with just one wrestler, not the whole business like this character. Other heels could use his anger to help them out. Like Kane could tell the guy to remember when Christian turned on edge during the invasion or something. Hes a guy who can be manipulated easy but then can turn on the heels after he recalls one of their feuds from the past. it can go pretty far if done right.

JohnnyPhantom
12-08-2010, 01:59 PM
The whole "Training" with Hall of Famers and veterans is actually a good idea. Could start out as a super face with numerous cameos from the all-time greats as well as getting him over with the focus being on WRESTLING!! rather than the entertainment aspect which i believe would get the wrestling purests into the angle.

and if the face gimmick gets old, you could take it into a heel direction with this character thinking he was "God on the mat" and calling out whoever. Kinda like a mix between Jack Swagger & Chris Jericho is that sense, but hopefully keeping the whole "bashing" of legends and challenging them to matches out of it.

Well there we go, we have Seth Rollings angle set! Hopefully someone from WWE reads these boards hahaha

HITMAN
12-08-2010, 02:23 PM
one thing is i would bring back all the promos of wrestlers that r coming into the company like they used to. Also bring back some jobbers, so all these fueds dont get so lame after seeing them wrestle each other 3 times a week.

Now id bring in a group of four wrestlers that are all friends (like an olympic team) that have all been training since they were little kids together, and have wrestled all over the world prepareing for the wwe(a face group).They come in and say they r here to start at the bottom, and work there way to get every title, in there group and with each others help we will make it happen. Two of them are a tag team and that shouldnt be hard to get a hold of. then over a few month period have them all win cleanly till they have earned the respect of everyone nice and quick and have them start winning the tittles and have them be the best in the world and challange people from all over the world

mrbluto
12-09-2010, 03:52 AM
I am serious about my idea. How is the weather there?

Rich Cranium
12-09-2010, 04:15 PM

WCW tried that with Robocop!

IrkenInvader
12-09-2010, 05:23 PM
Fire John Cena, give Danielson the Cena push.

Bodom
12-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Fire John Cena, give Danielson the Cena push.

This. A million times this

Rich Cranium
12-09-2010, 08:42 PM
This. A million times this

But...Bryan will have to choose 5 moves and stick to them!

Bodom
12-09-2010, 08:48 PM
But...Bryan will have to choose 5 moves and stick to them!

And? Any 5 of his moves are still awesome.