PDA

View Full Version : Your Slammy Awards!

CMhuw24
12-07-2010, 11:07 PM
So now with the Slammy Awards less than a week away it got me wondering, what catergories will they have and who will win them?
Obviously they'll have the normal ones like:Shocker of the Year,Match of the Year, Superstar of the Year and Diva of the year, but what other ones are there?
And who shall win them?

Personally i beleive Randy Orton will win Superstar unless they have a stupid tournament like last year.
HBK vs Taker II will win Match of the Year.
Shocker of the year, maybe Daniel Bryan returning at SS? Or Cena losing and joining Nexus, or maybe Nexus's first attack where they destroyed the entire arena.
And Diva will most likely go to LayCool or something like that.

Your thoughts and opinions?

IrkenInvader
12-07-2010, 11:13 PM
I'll create some new catagories
Most misused superstar-
The best push (Heel or Face) -
The worst push (heel or face)-
Worst new finisher-
Best PPV-

CMhuw24
12-07-2010, 11:24 PM
Most misused superstar-
Worst new finisher-
Best PPV-

Most Misused - Yoshi Tatsu - I thought after that title match in ECW against Christian he was going to actually get a mid-card push, but no.
Best Push - Obviously The Miz, this year has been his year. Although Ziggler has had a nice push this year to.
Worst Push - Swagger or McIntyre, they push went high for a month or two and now are boring mid-carders.
Worst New Finisher - Heat seeking elbow.
Best PPV - Uhh, there are no stand outs but maybe Bragging Rights?

SilverGhost
12-07-2010, 11:52 PM
Most Misused - Yoshi Tatsu - I thought after that title match in ECW against Christian he was going to actually get a mid-card push, but no.
Best Push - Obviously The Miz, this year has been his year. Although Ziggler has had a nice push this year to.
Worst Push - Swagger or McIntyre, they push went high for a month or two and now are boring mid-carders.

No! The Skull Crushing Finale is a horrible finisher.

Heat seeking elbow is not bad at all.

Bodom
12-07-2010, 11:54 PM
No! The Wasteland is a horrible finisher.

Heat seeking elbow is not bad at all.

For real, the Diving Elbow is a classic.

Oh. Fixed for accuracy.

Rich Cranium
12-07-2010, 11:54 PM
Wasteland for Worst Finisher!

Rich Cranium
12-07-2010, 11:56 PM
For real, the Diving Elbow is a classic.

Oh. Fixed for accuracy.

Damn it Bodom, you beat me by seconds, must be mod speed controls :)

SilverGhost
12-07-2010, 11:57 PM
For real, the Skull Crushing Finale is a shit finisher.

Oh. Fixed for accuracy.

That accuracy is fixed for accuracy.

Bodom
12-08-2010, 12:00 AM
That accuracy is fixed for accuracy.

Jericho used the same move. Doesn't suck.

Wasteland is just as lame as the FU

SilverGhost
12-08-2010, 12:02 AM
Jericho used the same move. Doesn't suck.

Wasteland is just as lame as the FU

So does Jeff Jarrett.

Wasteland isn't that bad but it isn't good either.

Bodom
12-08-2010, 12:04 AM
So does Jeff Jarrett.

Wasteland isn't that bad but it isn't good either.

Jarrett doesn't use that move.

Stroke is a Forward Russian Legsweep. SCF is a Full Nelson Facebuster.

You lose.

SilverGhost
12-08-2010, 12:09 AM
Jarrett doesn't use that move.

Stroke is a Forward Russian Legsweep. SCF is a Full Nelson Facebuster.

You lose.

Though its similar to an extent. Same forward motion, same face crushing motion.

Wasteland and FU= similar to an extent.

TheDevilsAdvocate
12-08-2010, 12:11 AM
When I first saw Wade Barrets Finisher I thought he was setting the guy up for something bigger, but then he just dropped down to the mat an got a 1-2-3, and I was like "WTF?!". But yeah I agree. Worst finisher slammy should go to Wade Barret. It is better off being a signature move instead of a finisher.

Bodom
12-08-2010, 12:12 AM
Though its similar to an extent. Same forward motion, same face crushing motion.

Wasteland and FU= similar to an extent.

Which is one more reason the Wasteland sucks. Looks awful, doesn't look like it hurts, and its a shitty name. "The Wasteland"? Doesn't make sense. Yes im aware of why he named it. Still an awful name.

Bodom
12-08-2010, 12:12 AM
When I first saw Wade Barrets Finisher I thought he was setting the guy up for something bigger, but then he just dropped down to the mat an got a 1-2-3, and I was like "WTF?!". But yeah I agree. Worst finisher slammy should go to Wade Barret. It is better off being a signature move instead of a finisher.

Thank you!!!!!

SilverGhost
12-08-2010, 12:16 AM
Which is one more reason the Wasteland sucks. Looks awful, doesn't look like it hurts, and its a shitty name. "The Wasteland"? Doesn't make sense. Yes im aware of why he named it. Still an awful name.

I understand and will respect that. I am fully aware that The Wasteland is flawed.

TheDevilsAdvocate
12-08-2010, 12:16 AM
Thank you!!!!!

You're welcome.

TheDevilsAdvocate
12-08-2010, 12:17 AM
I understand and will respect that. I am fully aware that The Wasteland is flawed.

It is just a frontal F-U. If he would have thrown the guy off to the left versus the right (like Cena does) it would be called the widows peak which was Sean O'haires finisher.

Bodom
12-08-2010, 12:18 AM

To be fair, it's a great setup move for Gabriel's 450.

SilverGhost
12-08-2010, 12:30 AM
It is just a frontal F-U. If he would have thrown the guy off to the left versus the right (like Cena does) it would be called the widows peak which was Sean O'haires finisher.

I thought Cena throws from his left. Wasteland is with Barrett's right. (The direction where the head is on the Fireman Carry) but whatever. I am fine with people's opinion with The Wasteland. I still think that its so-so move. Not that horrible. (Hell I would use it since I am fine carrying people with a Firemans carry)

To be fair, it's a great setup move for Gabriel's 450.

Its good for something at least. I thought Otunga's finisher would be the bad one. (The Verdict)

Bodom
12-08-2010, 12:32 AM
Its good for something at least. I thought Otunga's finisher would be the bad one. (The Verdict)

I thought that was implied?

jhorton1215
12-08-2010, 12:50 AM
Yeah everything involving Otunga being bad is implied. So no more picking on the guy.

SilverGhost
12-08-2010, 01:23 AM

I think McIntyre got a worse push than Swagger.

johnadah
12-08-2010, 01:33 AM
Most misused superstar-
Worst new finisher-
Best PPV-

Most misused superstar - Ted DiBiase Jr.
The best push (Heel or Face) - Miz
The worst push (heel or face) - Yoshi Tatsu
Worst new finisher - The World's Most Dangerous Spinebuster (really, everything Otunga does looks like shit.)
Best PPV - I think you should be allowed to vote for a PPV from DGUSA since WWE didn't present anything spectacular this year.

SilverGhost
12-08-2010, 01:35 AM
Worst new finisher - The World's Most Dangerous Spinebuster (really, everything Otunga does looks like shit.)
Best PPV - I think you should be allowed to vote for a PPV from DGUSA since WWE didn't present anything spectacular this year.

I am not alone!

The Brown One
12-08-2010, 04:25 AM

I'd say you got the list spot on :D
Otungas finisher is really annoying..looks like he struggles to even pick up someone.

alexrules01
12-08-2010, 05:52 AM
Most Misused Superstar- Evan Bourne (he did with Jericho, jobbed again then injured, still...totally mis-used!)
Best Push- Daniel Bryan
Worst Push- Swagger! I love Swagger!
Worst New Finisher- Yea i'd say David Otunga aswell... But Ezekiels is very similar-the difference is Zeke makes it look like it actually hurts!
Best PPV- Wrestlemania

The Brown One
12-08-2010, 05:56 AM
Most Misused Superstar- Evan Bourne (he did with Jericho, jobbed again then injured, still...totally mis-used!)
Best Push- Daniel Bryan
Worst Push- Swagger! I love Swagger!
Worst New Finisher- Yea i'd say David Otunga aswell... But Ezekiels is very similar-the difference is Zeke makes it look like it actually hurts!
Best PPV- Wrestlemania

People can say what they want about WWE ppvs, but they never drop the ball on Wrestlemania, it's the 1 thing you can always count on to deliver.

Bodom
12-08-2010, 09:45 AM
People can say what they want about WWE ppvs, but they never drop the ball on Wrestlemania, it's the 1 thing you can always count on to deliver.

This it true. They usually begin to get their shit together for The Road to Wrestlemania and always put on a good show

IrkenInvader
12-08-2010, 11:40 AM
I said Best PPV because I knew it was hard to choose one.

RomanFlare
12-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Blown Call of the Year: Striker says Cena is free at Survivor Series.

jhorton1215
12-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Great Push that went nowhere because of the Power of Randy Orton: Kofi Kingston

MATTHEW
12-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Most boring Diva match - Includes NXT !

cfcpiedro
12-08-2010, 06:27 PM
Superstar - The Miz
Feud - CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio
Announcer - Matt Striker
Mic skills - The Miz / CM Punk
Most misused superstar - Evan Bourne. also, Cody Rhodes deserves a better push
The best push (Heel or Face) - The Miz
Worst finisher - Otunga's finisher, or lack thereof
Best finisher - Always been a Codebreaker-fan, also Del Rio's submission finisher
Best PPV - Extreme Rules

The Brown One
12-09-2010, 01:57 AM
Most boring Diva match - Includes NXT !

Kaitlyn vs Vickie? Or Kaitlyn vs Maxine i can't remember which one got more boos from the crowd XD

CMhuw24
12-09-2010, 02:03 AM
Superstar - The Miz
Announcer - Matt Striker
Best finisher - Always been a Codebreaker-fan, also Del Rio's submission finisher
Best PPV - Extreme Rules

Eh i agree with most except for the Miz, i meen sure he's been great the last 2-3months but other than that he wasent massive.
and the announcer, Matt Striker? No way CM PUnk for sure.

SilverGhost
12-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Superstar - The Miz
Announcer - Matt Striker
Best PPV - Extreme Rules

He did get a better push. It was better than Ted's.