PDA

View Full Version : Who is a better techincal wrestler rd. 2: Chris Benoit or William Regal?

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Hey everyone, back again with yet another match-up in the second round of the greatest technical wrestler tournament. Because of it's controversial nature, I'm going to remind everyone again that voting should only be based on technical ability only, not whether you like what the man did or what he stood for. With that being said, I really believe Benoit to be the better in this one. Regal is certainly great, but Benoit is in another class imo.

Here is a classic these two put on at the Pillman Memorial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP6s7eWgx9s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJkY5UW6iPU

IrkenInvader
12-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Nothing against Benoit but I always thought Regal was the best technical wrestler ever.

Rich Cranium
12-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Man, these polls just get tougher! Anyone got an advil? jk / I voted for Benoit in the area of technical ability.

RevolutionIcon
12-08-2010, 01:05 AM
I'll say Benoit for this one, even though I think very highly of Regal.

Dean Malenko takes the cake though. And the Jello.

Kashdinero
12-08-2010, 03:32 AM
Man this is a hard one. Benoit was trained in the dungeon AND the NJPW dojo. That's a lot of influences! But Regal learnt the hard way and perfected the art of believable technical wrestling..

I have to go against my heart and say Benoit.

thejman93
12-08-2010, 11:28 AM
I've been asked to vote with my head, not my heart, so I went with Benoit

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-08-2010, 12:44 PM
I'll say Benoit for this one, even though I think very highly of Regal.

Dean Malenko takes the cake though. And the Jello.

Yes, Malenko was certianly one of the very best, unfortunatly, he was already via Curt Hennig in round 1.

Thewoodcutter
12-08-2010, 05:30 PM
I'll vote for The Crippler over anyone in the techincal department.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-09-2010, 10:57 PM
Well, it's official, the poll is closed and Benoit has advanced. Congrats Wolverine. He moves on to face fellow Canadian Bret Hart in the semi-finals.

Rich Cranium
12-09-2010, 11:49 PM
I'll vote for The Crippler over anyone in the techincal department.

I would only vote Kurt Angle ahead of Benoit if he were the option.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-10-2010, 12:30 AM
I would only vote Kurt Angle ahead of Benoit if he were the option.

Looks like this is not only possible, but probable. In fact, I would venture to say that if this weren't the case then it would be considered an upset.

EDIT: btw, Mutoh=WIN