PDA

View Full Version : Tyson Kidd = Brian Kendrick? (Read What's Bloody Well Written Fools!)

Robstar
12-07-2010, 05:38 PM
Are the WWE writers so out of ideas that they have to give the fans a recycled angle so soon? We all remember when "The" Brian Kendrick started bringing big Ezekial Jackson to ringside, I guess as a bodyguard, I wouldn't know as they never did anything with it and I couldn't stand to look at that stupid jacket Kendrick wore. The best thing about the whole thing was that big Zeke came out of it. :cool:

Am I the only one that sees a pattern here? Little guy breaks free of tag team, employs a bodyguard and pursues a singles career and feuds with his old partner for 5 minutes......until creative realise that the the wrestler they put in a hopelessly useless storyline isn't selling an unsellable character well enough to their liking and releases them?:rolleyes:

Just a thought...

K-Jammin
12-07-2010, 06:16 PM
Yeah i 100% agree about the big zeke part :D , he's been awesome so far and would love to see him cut a promo as i haven't seen him do one yet i dont think, but yeah back to kidd . . . i cant see him getting over from this story line, i dont know what it is about him but i can usually tell who has potential to be a star and im just not clicking with him for some reason, i expect this time in the next year or two he will be in WWE's trash ( TNA )

Necroyeti
12-07-2010, 06:22 PM
Remember when Shawn Michaels started bringing out Diesel to ringside?

It's a common wrestling trope buddy.

IrkenInvader
12-07-2010, 06:26 PM
Sorry but Zeke n' Kendrick wasn't the first. Christian and Tomko (in WWE), Carlito and Matt Morgan.

Edit:
Remember when Shawn Michaels started bringing out Diesel to ringside?

It's a common wrestling trope buddy.

What he said!

Lowki
12-07-2010, 07:43 PM
John Cena and Bull Buchanan to a smaller extenet as well as Carlito/Jesus.

SilverGhost
12-07-2010, 07:46 PM
smh @ WWE -.-

Bodom
12-07-2010, 07:54 PM
I hope Kidd doesn't = Kendrick.

Kendrick was fired.

And yeah, what necro said.

thesubverse
12-07-2010, 08:26 PM
If we doom everything to fail the moment it starts, how can we ever expect anything to succeed?

Bodom
12-07-2010, 08:29 PM
If we doom everything to fail the moment it starts, how can we ever expect anything to succeed?

Hope that nobody who writes for Tyson Kidd reads this?

TheDevilsAdvocate
12-07-2010, 08:38 PM
When I seen Tyson Kidd walk out with Jackson Andrews I immediately thought of Christian an Tomko. Jackson seems like he can get around pretty well for his size, and Tyson Kidd is incredible inside of the ring. He is fast, and some of his moves are fresh to me. If WWE takes this new pairing seriously then I can only see another good Tag Team in the making (And I say this because all Wrestlers with bodyguards end up forming a team with them somewhere down the road).

Bodom
12-07-2010, 08:40 PM
When I seen Tyson Kidd walk out with Jackson Andrews I immediately thought of Christian an Tomko. Jackson seems like he can get around pretty well for his size, and Tyson Kidd is incredible inside of the ring. He is fast, and some of his moves are fresh to me. If WWE takes this new pairing seriously then I can only see another good Tag Team in the making (And I say this because all Wrestlers with bodyguards end up forming a team with them somewhere down the road).

Have to agree here. Nice that WWE has enough faith in Kidd that they'd pair him with a bodyguard

Rich Cranium
12-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Roddy Piper/Cowboy Bob Orton and his cast

vbirwin
12-08-2010, 08:18 AM
Yeah. it's a rehash, but the reason they use the gimmick so often is because it serves double purrposes. It allows the small guy to get a push he may not have otherwise gotten and it gives WWE a perfect way to inttroduce a new big man to see if he can get over. So they get a good look at two prospects in a winning situation for evaluation.

Anything to get Kidd more ring time is great in my book. I just really wish he'd get rid if thst stupid tuft of hair.

hystrix
12-08-2010, 12:54 PM
Chavo/Bam Nealy was the same thing. Yeah this is done all the time in pro wrestling. Compareing Tyson Kidd and his body guard to Kendrick/Zeke is like comparing any tag team to the Conquistidors. Similar, but not the same...

HITMAN
12-08-2010, 01:12 PM
really i love this idea all around, even fueding with davey boy (who looks like the british bulldog). the body guard is a great idea and will help tyson and davey and jackson get over. I been dying to see more managers and body guards, makes heels look alot better and adds to storylines

Robstar
12-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Sorry but Zeke n' Kendrick wasn't the first. Christian and Tomko (in WWE), Carlito and Matt Morgan.

Edit:

What he said!

Where, exactly did I claim that this was the first time it happened? Yeah that's right - nowhere.

All I said was that Kendrick & Kidd are of a similar mold and this feels like an unfinished angle they are trying again

Kashdinero
12-08-2010, 03:30 PM
I really hope this leads to a push for Kidd with a few decent wins over a couple of big names.... Would have liked to have seen a bit more than a short arm clothesline from this Jackson Andrews fella (can't see this being his name as they already have ezeikiel Jackson) . The similarities are there and let's hope that WWE intends to push them just as far. Had Kendrick not failed multiple piss tests (for weed!?!?!) then he could still be a player in the WWE today.

Bodom
12-08-2010, 03:33 PM
It's encouraging that WWE wants to enhance Kidd's act with a bodyguard. Kidd's a great talent and this is a good sign.

Robstar
12-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Or they do what they usually do and trail off after becoming disinterested or just forgetful

Bodom
12-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Or they do what they usually do and trail off after becoming disinterested or just forgetful

Im trying to be positive here!

Rich Cranium
12-08-2010, 04:06 PM
It is Kidd's time to shine, so I hope he doesn't drop the ball!

IrkenInvader
12-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Kendrick is in TNA, Kidd WWE, totaly different.

Robstar
12-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Kendrick is in TNA, Kidd WWE, totaly different.

An epic faceplam for you Irk

Bodom
12-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Not one of his best.

IrkenInvader
12-08-2010, 05:36 PM
Just a joke people calm down, I already posted my real opinion on page 1.

Robstar
12-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Just a joke people calm down, I already posted my real opinion on page 1.

;) Always a fan of you Irk

SevenCagedTigers
12-08-2010, 07:20 PM
Where, exactly did I claim that this was the first time it happened? Yeah that's right - nowhere.

All I said was that Kendrick & Kidd are of a similar mold and this feels like an unfinished angle they are trying again

I think your dislike of this angle stems from the fact that when they did it with Ezekiel and Brian Kenrick, the angle lead to nowhere. Kendrik had a fruitless singles push and the angle failed to create an impact. It failed to even provide a push for Ezekiel. He was the last WWE-ECW champion and that accomplishment in itself seems meaningless. So for them to use the same pairing chemistry again with Tyson Kidd doesn't excite you, because they have proven in the recent past that such a dynamic can provide bland results. I think that the characters in this case, Kidd and Smith, have more history, both in the company and family wise, so it may be more entertaining this time around.

Robstar
12-09-2010, 07:12 PM
I think your dislike of this angle stems from the fact that when they did it with Ezekiel and Brian Kenrick, the angle lead to nowhere. Kendrik had a fruitless singles push and the angle failed to create an impact. It failed to even provide a push for Ezekiel. He was the last WWE-ECW champion and that accomplishment in itself seems meaningless. So for them to use the same pairing chemistry again with Tyson Kidd doesn't excite you, because they have proven in the recent past that such a dynamic can provide bland results. I think that the characters in this case, Kidd and Smith, have more history, both in the company and family wise, so it may be more entertaining this time around.

Ta Da! Someone gets it. You sir, get a gold star!

Lowki
12-11-2010, 06:56 AM
There's nothing worse than a big guy entering the ring to attack someone...to hit a clothesline. That always winds me up. If WWE can't even give him a finisher, why am i supposed to take interest? He was in FCW, i'm sure he didn't do a clothesline there. Oh, and it was a shit one at that.

Bodom
12-11-2010, 03:31 PM
There's nothing worse than a big guy entering the ring to attack someone...to hit a clothesline. That always winds me up. If WWE can't even give him a finisher, why am i supposed to take interest? He was in FCW, i'm sure he didn't do a clothesline there. Oh, and it was a shit one at that.

Eh..it was just his first live appearance. Let's see what happens next.

SaberToothTigerz
12-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Eh..it was just his first live appearance. Let's see what happens next.

i wouldnt be surprised too if his finisher was a weak looking clothesline

Bodom
12-11-2010, 03:37 PM
i wouldnt be surprised too if his finisher was a weak looking clothesline

Clothesline from Hell.

SaberToothTigerz
12-11-2010, 03:40 PM
Clothesline from Hell.

for crying out loud the clothesline from hell was a REAL effective looking clothesline
what jackson andrews threw was nothing big
obviously wwe couldnt let him have another move like a front suplex, or a torture rack or a argentine backbreaker
its also moves that fit into someone big

Bodom
12-11-2010, 03:42 PM
for crying out loud the clothesline from hell was a REAL effective looking clothesline
what jackson andrews threw was nothing big
obviously wwe couldnt let him have another move like a front suplex, or a torture rack or a argentine backbreaker
its also moves that fit into someone big

Well let's wait for him to have a match before we cast judgement.

SaberToothTigerz
12-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Well let's wait for him to have a match before we cast judgement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKbmJ9BDsYs
i've seen him making his debut on a raw tour i couldnt find the video although from the looks of what he does on fcw im not surprised...

Bodom
12-11-2010, 05:01 PM
looks like tyson is gonna have to do most of the wrestling lol

SaberToothTigerz
12-11-2010, 05:13 PM
looks like tyson is gonna have to do most of the wrestling lol

totally
if they put jackson andrews we will have a snorefest