PDA

View Full Version : Santino and Koslov?

Firebrand
12-07-2010, 01:53 PM
So out of their extensive roster, WWE nitwits give the tag team titles to Santino and Koslov??? C'mon....

SilverGhost
12-07-2010, 01:55 PM
We already saw the end of the tag team division a mile away. So it was bound to happen anyways.

TheDevilsAdvocate
12-07-2010, 01:55 PM
So out of their extensive roster, WWE nitwits give the tag team titles to Santino and Koslov??? C'mon....

It's the final nail in the coffin for the Tag Team division. They did the same thing with the cruiserweight division when they slapped the title on Hornswoggle.

Robstar
12-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Look on the bright side guys.....it can only get better from here

Firebrand
12-07-2010, 02:01 PM

Nah, they could reinstate Gillberg and Clucky the Chicken and have them win it.

Honestly though I didnt see them blowing out their tag division, whats the reason for this?

SilverGhost
12-07-2010, 02:02 PM

Money value and ratings right?

You may have a point.

SilverGhost
12-07-2010, 02:03 PM
It's the final nail in the coffin for the Tag Team division. They did the same thing with the cruiserweight division when they slapped the title on Hornswoggle.

I wouldn't say final yet.

I say 2 or 3 more nails xD

Robstar
12-07-2010, 02:08 PM
I hate to say it but the best thing that could happen to WWE is if Vince died. Not that I wish him dead, but he's just a hindrance to the whole shebang now

el gabo
12-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Money value and ratings right?

You may have a point.

Ryan posted this:

Match was kind of boring but the ending more than makes up for that. It completely amazes me that Santino is as over as he is but given the pops he's been getting there is no reason to not put a title on him to give him some credibility.

????????????????????????????????????????

Stump
12-07-2010, 02:10 PM
I would not mind them doing this, if the would give Santino some credibility. I remember when he first came into the WWE. The man can actually go in the ring if they would let him.

Bodom
12-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Ryan posted this:

Match was kind of boring but the ending more than makes up for that. It completely amazes me that Santino is as over as he is but given the pops he's been getting there is no reason to not put a title on him to give him some credibility.

????????????????????????????????????????

That statement would be true if the titles actually meant something.

willos19991
12-07-2010, 02:27 PM
its was common sense, cena is disbanding the nexus so he made them loss to a weak tag team, however i believe this may kind of revive the tag team division because santino is really over so i think they are going to have him defend more often the title

Bammer
12-07-2010, 02:32 PM
I'm kinda glad it happened.....i think gabriel is great!!...but cant stand slater
also i'm glad there doing something with santino instead of comedy sketches

TheBeardOfZeus
12-07-2010, 02:48 PM
I'm actually pleased.

This could be the Phoenix to rise from the ashes time, theres nothing wrong with giving it a comedy tag team for a change, this is obviously going to lead to an Uso's match also because of Tamina, so try and give both teams some crediblity, then get them decimated by a new heel team.

Rebuilding the tag division brick by brick my friends.

Bodom
12-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Won't be easy, but the only way they can go is up.

TheBeardOfZeus
12-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Won't be easy, but the only way they can go is up.

That's my attitude man, and whats wrong with having a funny disfunctional team? I think it adds something to the generic seriousness of tag team wrestling everywhere else. It's the team no one wants to lose to, it's almost a good idea.

Bodom
12-07-2010, 02:53 PM
That's my attitude man, and whats wrong with having a funny disfunctional team? I think it adds something to the generic seriousness of tag team wrestling everywhere else. It's the team no one wants to lose to, it's almost a good idea.

They're getting good pops from the crown and the people love them.

Still amazed that Vladimir Kozlov owes his first Title win to the Cobra.

Rich Cranium
12-07-2010, 02:59 PM
I agree, Vlad came in destroying everyone with his Sambo background and now he is doing dance-offs?

Rogo
12-07-2010, 02:59 PM
TheBeardOfZeus - I was actually thinking the same exact thing with Tamina being in Santino's corner when they won the title and that she didnt support the Usos fully, so somehow I feel like there is going to be storyline to get the Usos over as a legit heel team cause its just that the "WWE Universe" doesnt view the Usos as a threat to any team, they made a great impact in my view against the Hart Dynasty but then nothing came from that at all and everyone cast them aside.

With Santino and Koslov getting the pops that they are I feel like this is a way that they are "rebuilding" the credibility of the Usos and gaining them heat, which is sad cause they are using Santino and Koslov for that.... but what can you do

TheBeardOfZeus
12-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Why thankyou Rogo, i'm glad you share my optimism for what can simply be up from here.

So, going forward, if we have Santino/Koslov, The Uso's, who else should team up and rebuild this division?

Bodom
12-07-2010, 03:06 PM
Why thankyou Rogo, i'm glad you share my optimism for what can simply be up from here.

So, going forward, if we have Santino/Koslov, The Uso's, who else should team up and rebuild this division?

Tyson Kidd and Jackson Andrews.

TheBeardOfZeus
12-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Tyson Kidd and Jackson Andrews.

I actually really like man, thats a geniune heel tag team that could just burst through them, any others?

I'm thinking a Henry/Bourne team would be decent.

SilverGhost
12-07-2010, 03:09 PM
So the Nexus tag team is done?

Bodom
12-07-2010, 03:10 PM
I actually really like man, thats a geniune heel tag team that could just burst through them, any others?

I'm thinking a Henry/Bourne team would be decent.

Keep Henry and Yoshi as Sexual Sushi.

Sheamus and Morrison in a reluctant tag team ala MVP & Hardy could be fun.

TheBeardOfZeus
12-07-2010, 03:11 PM
So the Nexus tag team is done?

It looks like it to me, would you have any of them form a tag team?

SilverGhost
12-07-2010, 03:12 PM
Keep Henry and Yoshi as Sexual Sushi.

Sheamus and Morrison in a reluctant tag team ala MVP & Hardy could be fun.

Yoshi and Bourne would be better as a team but whatever.

Sheamus and Morrison as a tag team would be fun to see.

SilverGhost
12-07-2010, 03:13 PM
It looks like it to me, would you have any of them form a tag team?

Justin Gabirel is a given.

He would team with Joe.

Rich Cranium
12-07-2010, 03:14 PM
Bring back Kei en Tai! Indeed! jk

Rogo
12-07-2010, 03:14 PM
hmmm well we have Santino/Koslov, the Usos, this magical team of Mark Henry w/ Yoshi Tatsu and Evan Bourne (Though Bourne is out and might not return to team with Henry), Gabriel and Slater (Though I think they might be done when they eventually lose their rematch clause *bound to happen*), wish i could say Husky Harris and Michael McGillicutty but dont see that happening, I only WISH that CM Punk and Daniel Bryan would team and then create an INDY faction as everyone talks about that blows Nexus out of the water but I see them having a WM27 match for US title or 3 way with Evan Bourne, ummmmmm there was talks of having Trent Baretta and Curt Hawkins together but who knows about that

Honestly I dont know.... haha maybe Tyler Black and Consequences Creed can come up and tag team together which would be AMAZING... but the WWE has really screwed over the tag team division.. So much for that edition of Smackdown vs Raw when they actually had legit tag teams going but that fell through so looks like we are having a few months of Santino and Koslov vs the Usos (Ratings AWAY!!!!!!)

Rassling_Fan
12-07-2010, 03:15 PM
Someone's take on the situation. (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/537089-wwe-has-the-tag-team-title-division-been-resurrected)

And he has a good point. We got a storyline that is entirely based on two tag teams and nothing else (except Tamina who is related to one and in love with the other. West Side Story?).

TheBeardOfZeus
12-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Bodom, I'm in love with the name 'Sexual Sushi', i'm crying tears of pure joy.

Rogo
12-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Rassling_Fan - CHRIST ALMIGHTY... Just imagine having Santino and Koslov coming down for a match against the Usos snapping their fingers and dancing all over the place... Only in the WWE

SilverGhost
12-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Someone's take on the situation. (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/537089-wwe-has-the-tag-team-title-division-been-resurrected)

And he has a good point. We got a storyline that is entirely based on two tag teams and nothing else (except Tamina who is related to one and in love with the other. West Side Story?).

That was a good read! Maybe there is hope.

JohnnyPhantom
12-07-2010, 04:35 PM
In all honesty the team of Kozlov and Santino isnt all bad. The only problem i see is the fact that Santino has that horrible finisher!! The actually teaming of a smaller "technical" wrestler and a hulking brute is a good combo. The fact that there are only a few other tag teams isnt the real issue, its the fact that WWE doesnt know how to push the teams that they have.

If you wanna have teams that are comedic, bruisers or high flyers you need to put them over like they actually belong and im starting to feel like Koz-tino is a team to stay. Yeah, they may not be E & C or The Road Warriors but ehhhh, they are entertaining.

Incubus_99
12-07-2010, 05:01 PM
slap the titles on The Usos already...and let them have a long reign...have them beat random guys teaming together and point out the fact that there are no tag teams in the wwe who can lift these belts off them...make nxt season 5 on tag teams...and build up the friggin division...

what a dream!...

The Brown One
12-07-2010, 07:53 PM
I hate to say it but the best thing that could happen to WWE is if Vince died. Not that I wish him dead, but he's just a hindrance to the whole shebang now

I know i shouldn't, but I just lold a little bit inside :D

SilverGhost
12-07-2010, 07:55 PM
I know i shouldn't, but I just lold a little bit inside :D

I remember when McMahon "died" XD

The Brown One
12-07-2010, 09:34 PM
I remember when McMahon "died" XD

That was just a WTF moment. Too bad it f'd it all up when Benoit died IRL and made Vinces storyline look like shit.

Bob Bowman
12-07-2010, 10:07 PM
There's so many possibilities to build up the tag team division again. So many mid carders that are good who could hold those belts. I would like to see Bourne and Christian team up. Morrison and Kofi. Ryder and Riley (I'd call them Double R). Who knows????