PDA

View Full Version : TNA Match Of The Year

MinistryOfDarkness
12-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Since I can't recall all the greatest matches of the year, I'm just gonna recall a few that caught my attention this year. Obviously still fresh in our minds, AJ Styles vs. Douglas Williams. As far as pure wrestling technique, this ranks right up there. Of course there was the TNA Tag Team Title match with Beer Money vs. MCMG where the Guns won the Titles for the first time, IMO, the best tag team match not only this year, but EVER. But my personal pick for match of the year happened at the beginning of the year, with the episode of Impact in which Hogan debuted. Remember AJ Styles defending the TNA World Title against Kurt Angle? That was 20-25 minutes of the best wrestling ability that you could even dream of. There were a ton of big matches this year, so name one (or a few) that really caught your attention this year, because after all, it's time to decide the match of the year!

SilverGhost
12-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Another contender match would be Kurt Angle vs Jeff Hardy at No Surrender but that wouldn't count as much because TNA's "creative" team didn't put anyone as a winner in that match.

Necroyeti
12-07-2010, 01:57 PM
MCMG vs. Beer Money - any of them. My brain says 2/3 falls, but my heart says ladder match.
Christopher Daniels vs. Kazarian vs. Amazing Red vs. Brian Kendrick - ladder match at Destination X. (Spotfest, but an underrated spotfest.)
Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles - any of their encounters. Genesis was probably the best.
Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles - Against All Odds. Actually, AJ's entire heavyweight title run was absolute fuckwin
Kurt Angle vs. Mr. Anderson - cage match at Lockdown
Kazarian vs. Doug Williams - Sacrifice

Xpacfan
12-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Easily any one of the "Best of 3" series between the MCMG and Beer Money. If I had to choose from one of those, it would probably be the cage match (match # 2, I believe)

Nay_Than
12-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Easily any one of the "Best of 3" series between the MCMG and Beer Money. If I had to choose from one of those, it would probably be the cage match (match # 2, I believe)

It was "Best Of 5 Series".

But yeah, IMO, BEST TAG MATCH(s) were the MCMG vs BEER MONEY MATCHES

But i'd have to say my favourite match was Kurt vs. Mr Anderson

Xpacfan
12-07-2010, 03:09 PM
You know, in the back of my head I was going "Best of 5" but only remember 3. I think I missed the first 2 matches and saw the last 3, lol

wallyman
12-07-2010, 03:19 PM
anyone got match of the year candidates from wwe lol...all i could think was hbk vs taker but it was not even close to last years wm match...

Bodom
12-07-2010, 03:21 PM
anyone got match of the year candidates from wwe lol...all i could think was hbk vs taker but it was not even close to last years wm match...

And what is this supposed to mean?

westy
12-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Some amazing matches we saw in 2010. Let's hope that we get the same quality or better in 2010

SilverGhost
12-07-2010, 03:36 PM

-adjusts glasses-

What?

Nay_Than
12-07-2010, 03:38 PM
-adjusts glasses-

What?

I think hes been eating some of MATTHEW HARDYS grapes.

Necroyeti
12-07-2010, 04:12 PM
anyone got match of the year candidates from wwe lol
Yes. As much, if not, more.

Some amazing matches we saw in 2010. Let's hope that we get the same quality or better in 2011
Quite so.

thejman93
12-07-2010, 05:21 PM
MCMG vs. Beer Money... take your pick of any match they had

IrkenInvader
12-07-2010, 05:24 PM
Jeff Hardy vs the American legal system.

wallyman
12-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Yes. As much, if not, more.

Quite so.
cuz i cannot name any....can u name one?

SilverGhost
12-07-2010, 05:58 PM

-coughwrestlmaniaundertakervsshawnmichaelsI&IIcough-

SilverGhost
12-07-2010, 06:01 PM
Seriously wallyman its the WWE. Back then they had plenty of matches that made "match of the year"

Necroyeti
12-07-2010, 06:18 PM
Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker (career vs streak)
Evan Bourne vs. Chris Jericho
the Ziggler vs. Bryan trilogy
John Morrison vs. The Miz vs. Daniel Bryan (submission match)
Smackdown Elimination Chamber
The CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio trilogy/tetraology/whatever
Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz
Smackdown Money in the Bank

In roughly that order

Hesterica
12-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker (career vs streak)
Evan Bourne vs. Chris Jericho
the Ziggler vs. Bryan trilogy
John Morrison vs. The Miz vs. Daniel Bryan (submission match)
Smackdown Elimination Chamber
The CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio trilogy/tetraology/whatever
Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz
Smackdown Money in the Bank

In roughly that order

I'd even throw in Sheamus vs JoMo in there. Great chemistry together.

Anyway, this is a TNA thread, so...

Anderson vs Angle Cage match is by far the best TNA match I've seen all year. Again, good chemistry together.

The Brown One
12-07-2010, 07:47 PM
It was "Best Of 5 Series".

But yeah, IMO, BEST TAG MATCH(s) were the MCMG vs BEER MONEY MATCHES

But i'd have to say my favourite match was Kurt vs. Mr Anderson

I'd have to agree with you here.

Best tagteam match of course would be the best of 5 series with MCMG and Beer Money.

SilverGhost
12-07-2010, 07:49 PM
I'd even throw in Sheamus vs JoMo in there. Great chemistry together.

Anyway, this is a TNA thread, so...

Anderson vs Angle Cage match is by far the best TNA match I've seen all year. Again, good chemistry together.

Lol the last page wallyman wanted to know if WWE had any matches if they were candidates for match of the year.(I think he thought TNA put better matches than WWE)

Justdawg08
12-08-2010, 02:42 AM
I enjoyed RVD Vs AJ Styles... was defiantly classic RVD thanks to AJ.

Bodom
12-08-2010, 09:42 AM
I enjoyed RVD Vs AJ Styles... was defiantly classic RVD thanks to AJ.

Which? The one from Impact where RVD won the belt?

Great match.