PDA

View Full Version : Who's next in line for the TNA title?

Firebrand
12-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Cuirous to see the responses here. Who do you think is next for the title? Anderson? Joe? Aj? Kurt? post your thoughts and reasons please.

Reason i bring this up, is after last night with Jeff's stupidity or whatever, they really can't let him hold it much longer.

Bodom
12-06-2010, 08:09 PM
Like to see it on Morgan.

IrkenInvader
12-06-2010, 08:11 PM
John Cena..

Rassling_Fan
12-06-2010, 08:17 PM
Cuirous to see the responses here. Who do you think is next for the title? Anderson? Joe? Aj? Kurt? post your thoughts and reasons please.

Reason i bring this up, is after last night with Jeff's stupidity or whatever, they really can't let him hold it much longer.

Anderson is being held till December. Joe is nowhere near that thanks to how TNA has been using him. Kurt is out due to storyline. That leaves AJ Styles, who just lost his TV Title and could use some gold around his waist.

Bodom
12-06-2010, 08:18 PM
With our luck, they'll give it to Jarrett.

IrkenInvader
12-06-2010, 08:25 PM
or Matt Hardy.

Rich Cranium
12-06-2010, 08:28 PM
Give it to Tazz! - Hey, it's TNA, where anything is possible!

IrkenInvader
12-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Shark Boy ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Bodom
12-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Shark Boy ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Make that irrelevant Stone Cold impersonation mean something.

Hesterica
12-06-2010, 09:10 PM
Curry Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wwetna100
12-06-2010, 09:22 PM
top contenders:
Rob Van Dam (My Pick for Genesis since he won at Turning Point and Final Resolution)
Kurt Angle
Matt Morgan
Mr Anderson
Samoa Joe
Pope Denero
Matt Hardy (going to TNA around Genesis)

Rich Cranium
12-06-2010, 09:27 PM
top contenders:
Rob Van Dam (My Pick for Genesis since he won at Turning Point and Final Resolution)
Kurt Angle
Matt Morgan
Mr Anderson
Samoa Joe
Pope Denero

Probably Mr. Anderson once he gets the "All Clear", just sayin

Sydnister
12-06-2010, 09:29 PM
David Arquette

The Brown One
12-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Probably Mr. Anderson once he gets the "All Clear", just sayin

I see this happening in the very near future. They could give Anderson a less physical, non-wrestling role, so he can stay relevant in the world title picture and then come back and take Hardy's belt.

alexrules01
12-06-2010, 11:06 PM
Chris Jericho... even without appearing at the Impact zone

The Brown One
12-06-2010, 11:08 PM

That's TNA for ya :D

Dameduse823
12-06-2010, 11:08 PM
Bitchoffs kid

Rich Cranium
12-06-2010, 11:14 PM
Bubba the Love Sponge! I went to a WWE house show about 12 years ago and saw him do a diving splash on Stone Cold!

Bodom
12-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Bubba the Love Sponge!

No.

Just no.

SilverGhost
12-06-2010, 11:17 PM
Bubba the Love Sponge! I went to a WWE house show about 12 years ago and saw him do a diving splash on Stone Cold!

Lol TNA world heavyweight champion BUBBA THE LOVE SPONGE!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAH no >.>

SevenCagedTigers
12-06-2010, 11:30 PM
top contenders:
Kurt Angle
Matt Morgan
Mr Anderson
Samoa Joe
Pope Denero

- Rob Van Dam - I don't want RVD as champion. He openly endorses marijuana and the WWE is right not to allow that to be associated with their company. Get it through your heads, its DISNEY WORLD people, there are fucking KIDS there. Would you allow a teacher who openly endorses marijuana to have an audience with your kids? No, then RVD is unsuitable as champion.

- Matt Morgan - Not exciting enough to be champion

- Samoa Joe - He should quit on principle alone of how poorly used he has been. Nation of Violence, carrying a knife to the ring, getting kidnapped, wtf?

- Matt Hardy - TNA has a history of using screw jobs and shock value to draw in ratings. Theyre being lead by Bischoff who believes "Controversy creates cash", why else would an alleged drug trafficer who has an upcoming trial be made champion? I wouldnt be surprised if Hardy was brought in just for the cheap pop.

Personally, I believe that Kurt Angle is the only person who can bring integrity back to TNA as a company. Kurt Angle can single-handedly bring credibility back to the main event scene, as well as the title itself. He can redefine TNA back to being what it was when their moto was "TNA: This is wrestling". Someone made a comment that TNA was Sports Entertainment Jr. and they are. Its a smaller stage, a smaller audience, and currently a weaker product. Only Angle should be champion if they are to head in the right direction.

Bodom
12-06-2010, 11:32 PM

That's TNA for ya :D

No. Jericho is just that awesome.

The Brown One
12-07-2010, 12:22 AM
No. Jericho is just that awesome.

Well i agree with that too. He's the best in the world at what he does (pun intended).

tysteelman
12-07-2010, 01:08 AM
Re-animate Andrew "The Punisher" Martin to win every title in TNA.

t34mplayer
12-07-2010, 01:23 AM
the pope has to win a title!

SilverGhost
12-07-2010, 01:29 AM
Best picks

Matt Morgan
Mr. Anderson
AJ Styles(don't ask..)
The Pope
Kurt Angle(Hoping....)

Firebrand
12-07-2010, 01:33 AM
Lol TNA world heavyweight champion BUBBA THE LOVE SPONGE!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAH no >.>

this actually makes more sence. it is hogan and bichoff's buddy after all.

SilverGhost
12-07-2010, 01:43 AM
this actually makes more sence. it is hogan and bichoff's buddy after all.

But after that Kong/Bubba thing......Bubba....no....no belt for him.

The Brown One
12-07-2010, 04:32 AM
the pope has to win a title!

This I would love to see happen. About time too!

Kashdinero
12-07-2010, 04:41 AM
Mr Anderson or the Pope.

alexrules01
12-07-2010, 05:19 AM
I can see Hogan winning the belt at some point

Xpacfan
12-07-2010, 10:07 AM

Anybody but Hardy at this point would satisfy me. If it had to be someone new, I'd definately say put it on Morgan.

BTW, what stupidity are you talking about? It was verified that Hardy wasn't under the influence, just burnt out. I just think he makes a terrible heel champion and needs to work out his legal issues before TNA invests so heavily into him.

Bodom
12-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Anybody but Hardy at this point would satisfy me. If it had to be someone new, I'd definately say put it on Morgan.

BTW, what stupidity are you talking about? It was verified that Hardy wasn't under the influence, just burnt out. I just think he makes a terrible heel champion and needs to work out his legal issues before TNA invests so heavily into him.

To be fair, Neither have been verified. Some site say influence, some say burn out.

But the more reliable websites don't say it was burn out.

Rich Cranium
12-07-2010, 11:00 AM
I think Mr. Anderson whould win it, he's great on the mic and it's time TNA had an asshole as champ!

Bodom
12-07-2010, 11:04 AM
I think Mr. Anderson whould win it, he's great on the mic and it's time TNA had an asshole as champ!

What do you mean "time"

They've had plenty lol

thejman93
12-07-2010, 11:23 AM

If that happens I won't watch pro wrestling ever again... ever

Firebrand
12-07-2010, 01:47 PM
But after that Kong/Bubba thing......Bubba....no....no belt for him.

Considering their current champ is a dope smuggling felon, Bubba would be a step up.

SilverGhost
12-07-2010, 07:12 PM

Yeah BROTHER! WHATCHA GONNA WHEN THE HULKSTER BECOMES TNA CHAMP ONE MORE TIME@!?@?!@?!? WHATCHA GONNA DOOOOO@!?@?!?

Bodom
12-07-2010, 08:43 PM

I just died inside.

Rich Cranium
12-07-2010, 08:54 PM
If that happens I won't watch pro wrestling ever again... ever

I'll hold you to it! Remember, a fingerpoke of doom from Hulkster is all it takes. Forget the bad back and hips!

IrkenInvader
12-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Chris Jericho.

Rich Cranium
12-07-2010, 09:05 PM
Christian Again!

Fixed for Accuracy!

RevolutionIcon
12-07-2010, 11:43 PM
I really hope Mr. Anderson gets a title run, but only if the build up and everything is done right. He has the type of charisma Steve Austin had, its almost an aura that follows guys like this around.

I still think the asshole character needs more, and if they do it right, it could be very successful.

I do want Jeff Hardy to hold onto the title for a while though. Now that he's heel he is actually capable of drawing heat. And I have never been interested in Jeff Hardy until before this. He just needs to never say antichrist again. Not everyone believes in Christ, so please, choose something more interesting. Say you're immortal or whatever you have to do, but pick something that can correspond with everyone.

I'm not one of the guys who can actually see the title on The Pope, I don't fully appreciate his character and find if he had a different character it might force him to get better on the microphone instead of relying on Hamen.

Matt Morgan maybe, but only if its a heel swerve to replace Hardy. Whoever gets the next title run needs to pull this Immortal storyline together and make it good.

AJ Styles and Mr. Anderson are the only ones fit for this right now. Unless you're going to throw Samoa Joe in there for once.

body slam
12-08-2010, 02:00 PM
I think you run with Hardy as long as you can.

AJ and Angle are the only ones I would put the title on for a long run.

Anderson would be a good transition champion.

I don't see Morgan or the Pope as world title material.

I would not say next in line but I would not mind seeing Lethal getting a title push.

But since this is TNA they will most likely give it to Rob Terry.

RevolutionIcon
12-09-2010, 02:04 AM
I read Rob Terry was in the doghouse, can't remember why. They were so high on him six months ago.

SilverGhost
12-09-2010, 05:25 PM
I really hope Mr. Anderson gets a title run, but only if the build up and everything is done right. He has the type of charisma Steve Austin had, its almost an aura that follows guys like this around.

I still think the asshole character needs more, and if they do it right, it could be very successful.

I do want Jeff Hardy to hold onto the title for a while though. Now that he's heel he is actually capable of drawing heat. And I have never been interested in Jeff Hardy until before this. He just needs to never say antichrist again. Not everyone believes in Christ, so please, choose something more interesting. Say you're immortal or whatever you have to do, but pick something that can correspond with everyone.

I'm not one of the guys who can actually see the title on The Pope, I don't fully appreciate his character and find if he had a different character it might force him to get better on the microphone instead of relying on Hamen.

Matt Morgan maybe, but only if its a heel swerve to replace Hardy. Whoever gets the next title run needs to pull this Immortal storyline together and make it good.

AJ Styles and Mr. Anderson are the only ones fit for this right now. Unless you're going to throw Samoa Joe in there for once.

His character can't even draw heat. He is Raven 2.0 but boring and shitty.