PDA

View Full Version : WWE's current rivalries

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
09-03-2010, 09:32 PM
This topic is just to discuss the current rivalries taking place in WWE right now. I'd like you guys to lend your thoughts on it. If I miss someone, feel free to add them in.

Undertaker vs Kane [IV or V?]
- I had my doubts about this one when I first heard about it - but MAN! This rivalry is building up REALLY nicely. It is almost AS good as their past rivalries. Kane is a doing an excellent job as the heel champion. He has been cutting some of the best promos .... in a long time. I like the concept of Kane 'stripping the powers' of the Undertaker. It may not play well in the realm of realism, but entertainment wise - it makes for a great story. Both Kane and Taker are doing awesomely and I can't wait for their match at NOC.

Daniel Bryan vs The Miz
- This one I am VERY excited about this rivalry. It has been built up like crazy over the last few months and I glad they are going with it. In a sense, I look at Daniel's release as a blessing in disguise. It not only made him a lot more popular, but it also gave this rivalry time to settle and simmer. So now, all WWE has to do and just throw these two the together and I'm sure what has transpired over the last few months will manifest this into a great feud. The only thing that can kill this, IMO, is if Daniels does not come out of this as the U.S. champion. That needs to happen. Besides the fact that Daniels needs something to get him recognized more, Miz needs to drop that belt because he hardly defends it and it seems like an anchor thats keeping him from going into the main event scene. The build up to their match has been pretty slow lately, but I think WWE will pick it up in the next few weeks. I can see them both putting on great matches and having awesome in-ring confrontations. This could end up becoming the rivalry of the year.

Melina and Laycool
- Ehhhh. This one was really kind of thrown together - and not so well either. The only good thing coming out of this is WWE unifying the diva belts, which is a good move. I hope Michelle McCool is the one that ends up facing Melina at NOC. Believe it or not, these two can actually put on a good match. The only thing I'm worried about is the build up ..... if there is any at all.

Nexus and John Cena
- I was so made when Nexus lost their match at Summerslam, but I guess it was worth it in the long run. After beating Cena and his team last Raw and taking out the Undertaker, Nexus is seemingly back on top. Despite the amazing efforts of Barrett and Cena to put this over, I think this rivalry is slowly, but surely, becoming stale. Nexus needs to do something different than just attack people. Although, things could be getting interesting now after what happened on the season finale of NXT season 2. Nexus could be looking to expand, which is what they really need right now. I'd love to see Husky Harris in Nexus. We will just have to see where this goes.

Kofi vs Dolph Ziggler
- As much as I like both of these competitors, this one doesn't seem to have any real direction. They are just having match, after match, after match, after match, and only A FEW of those matches had some interesting elements to them. The one where Kofi went absolutely ballistic, which is what I love, and the one where Dolph Ziggler stomped on the face of Kofi. I mean, the matches are good .... but there needs to be a reason why they are facing each other so much besides the fact that it is for the intercontinental title.

Thats all I got. What are your thoughts?

Kingcobra82390
09-04-2010, 11:29 AM
:oThe WWE feuds now are pretty good.
-Undertaker vs Kane
- The Undertaker and Kane feud has really surprised me beacuase its Kane whois playing mind games onThe Undertaker and not the oppisite. I love this feud even thouggh this is like the 5th timw and everything but still it's pretty good in the PG era. I could see this last maybe 3 months tops. Kane has to win at NOC for thisa feud to be a good feud hionestly.

- Daniel Bryan vs Miz this feud is preety good too. The Miz is no dount a up and coming WWE Champion and well ?Daniel Bryan is not far fromit homnestly. But for this feud to work and be a great feud Bryan has to defeat The Miz at NOC to become the NEW US Champion becuase Miz is bascaqilly wasting the quility of the title. But pretty good feudoverall.

-Nexus vs John Cena.
- Overall the BEST feud right now. Nexus is proving to be one of the best younger members in the WWE right now. But Nexus needs to get Championships. John Cena is an okay not a fan of himat all. But Cena is okay in this feud i think he's doing thisfeud pretty good. Nexus needs more members cuz what happened to Skip Sheffield and Darren Young. But maybe Alex Riley. But i think this going to be a Nexus of Smackdown named Genesis that would give Smackdown WAY better ratings. Just dont repeat Nexus REPEAT DONT REPEAT NEXUS!!!!

-

- Melina vs LayCool.
-This feud is okay but not the best. Unifying the Divas and Womens tilte is the smartest thing for the diva's at this point. But yes def choose Melina vs MCcool against Melina because that match would be pretty good. But overall okay feud. Melina has toinvade Smackdown though and not just LayCoolinvadeing RAW to attack Melina.

- Kofi Kingston vs Dolph Ziggler.

- It was okay with the first 2 3 matches but dam come on 5 matches in a row 3 of them were IC Championship matches all in a row nobody wants to see that. Imean i don't maybe if it had some type of stipulation like Ladder, Cage, TLC, NO DQ or something come on WWE. But if WWE would add one of these matches i would love too watch these two go at it week after week.:o

Belzova
09-04-2010, 04:39 PM
I knew Kane an Undertaker were feuding, and I know that Daniel Bryan an The Miz went at a few times, but I had NO idea that the other guys were even feuding with each other. XD

An when did Dolph Ziggler get the IC belt?

Ruggy
09-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Wish it was another inferno match

Robstar
09-04-2010, 06:23 PM
I knew Kane an Undertaker were feuding, and I know that Daniel Bryan an The Miz went at a few times, but I had NO idea that the other guys were even feuding with each other. XD

An when did Dolph Ziggler get the IC belt?

Lol, where have you been? I must admit though, he's keeping an awfully low profile for an IC champ.

Belzova
09-04-2010, 06:35 PM
I never missed an episode though! :0

I think I was making a sandwhich when he won. Mmmmm ham! xD

AGEOFFALL
09-04-2010, 11:57 PM
I never missed an episode though! :0

I think I was making a sandwhich when he won. Mmmmm ham! xD

LMAO. How long does it take you to make a sandwich. That was a like a 20 min match.

SilverGhost
09-05-2010, 11:47 AM
HAH! AGEOFFALL won! Ziggler won because of Vickie. Now he probably chilling as champ.

All of those rivalries listed up there are good.

mrlucky1228
09-05-2010, 01:19 PM
you forgot about the MVP vs Jack Swagger rivalry

AGEOFFALL
09-05-2010, 10:58 PM

??????????

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
09-07-2010, 05:49 PM
Well, that feud is doing ok. It isn't a real big deal though. Maybe they will build something for Bragging Rights, who knows.

So far, the best feud going right now is the Daniel Bryan vs The Miz feud. Their segment on RAW was great.

AGEOFFALL
09-07-2010, 06:25 PM

It's just a continuation of their feud last year on raw.

SilverGhost
09-07-2010, 09:13 PM
MVP may turn heel soon. His new song is heel like. I guess after the Swagger feud it may happen.

AGEOFFALL
09-07-2010, 11:05 PM
MVP may turn heel soon. His new song is heel like. I guess after the Swagger feud it may happen.

VIP Ballin

pauadrian
11-03-2011, 11:38 PM
wellhttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gS-KpSr7Xw8/TdDMVx8kK7I/AAAAAAAAAVU/0gk3aa8aGtA/s1600/This_is_Old_School.jpg

VanHooliganX
11-03-2011, 11:55 PM
wellhttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gS-KpSr7Xw8/TdDMVx8kK7I/AAAAAAAAAVU/0gk3aa8aGtA/s1600/This_is_Old_School.jpg

Playing with dead threads it seems.
We already have a few necrothreadiacs on EWN though lol

IrkenInvader
11-04-2011, 12:00 AM
Pauadrian you mother fucker. You confused the shit out of me.

I started reading half way through and almost went crazy trying to make heads or tails of this MVP/Swagger feud they were talking about.

pauadrian
11-04-2011, 12:06 AM
Pauadrian you mother fucker. You confused the shit out of me.

I started reading half way through and almost went crazy trying to make heads or tails of this MVP/Swagger feud they were talking about.

lmao one of the first 5 threads in here

PrimusSucks
11-04-2011, 04:42 PM
I remember this thread :0