PDA

View Full Version : NXT Season 4

Robstar
12-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Thought I'd start a discussion about the upcoming series. Basically, the announcement of another series surprised the hell out of me. They seem to be having less competitors this time, maybe they will end up with just one winner emerging to the main roster this time?

Anyway, just wanted to point out that I think Andy Samberg's transition to pro wrestling is a brave move, almost as brave as the name change to Derrick Bateman -

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/Superstars/bio/16461390

http://static.poponthepop.com/images/gallery/andy-samberg-glasses.jpg :p

Bodom
12-06-2010, 06:12 PM
Bateman is like a white Ricky Ortiz.

Interested to see if they treat this season like they did season 3

SaberToothTigerz
12-07-2010, 01:04 PM
i wanna see the mastodon of mayhem!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rich Cranium
12-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Why aren't they putting Brett Dibiase or Bo Rotundo in there?

Rich Cranium
12-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Thought I'd start a discussion about the upcoming series. Basically, the announcement of another series surprised the hell out of me. They seem to be having less competitors this time, maybe they will end up with just one winner emerging to the main roster this time?

Anyway, just wanted to point out that I think Andy Samberg's transition to pro wrestling is a brave move, almost as brave as the name change to Derrick Bateman -

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/Superstars/bio/16461390

http://static.poponthepop.com/images/gallery/andy-samberg-glasses.jpg :p

I hope he is as talented wrestling as he is doing the SNL digital shorts!

Bodom
12-07-2010, 05:10 PM
Why aren't they putting Brett Dibiase or Bo Rotundo in there?

Because they're dumb?

jhorton1215
12-08-2010, 12:59 AM
Because they're dumb?

No it's because they believe they can get NXT Season 5 on Television, so they are saving the big name guys (Tyler Black, Xavier Woods, Brett DiBiase, Wes Brisco, etc.) for that season.

Bodom
12-08-2010, 01:02 AM
No it's because they believe they can get NXT Season 5 on Television, so they are saving the big name guys (Tyler Black, Xavier Woods, Brett DiBiase, Wes Brisco, etc.) for that season.

If this is true, I'll take it back.

SaberToothTigerz
12-08-2010, 04:09 AM
If this is true, I'll take it back.

yea it is wwe is saving the big guys for later on i honestly cant complain their decision let the best for the last.

Kashdinero
12-08-2010, 04:54 AM
I'll be watching any show Bryan's on.

Bodom
12-08-2010, 09:46 AM
yea it is wwe is saving the big guys for later on i honestly cant complain their decision let the best for the last.

Oh yeah? Can you show me where WWE says there's going to be a 5th season?

jhorton1215
12-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Oh yeah? Can you show me where WWE says there's going to be a 5th season?

It's no guarantee. Like I said, it's what WWE is hoping to have.

Robstar
12-08-2010, 02:20 PM
My feeling is that they are keeping people like Tyler Black to graduate straight to the main roster, bypassing NXT and potentially ruining them in the eyes of fans before they get half a chance.

I'm just disappointed that Brodus Clay isn't being metored by Big Daddy V - those 2 would be awesome together! (yes I am aware Big Daddy V is no longer with the company)

Bodom
12-08-2010, 02:22 PM
It's no guarantee. Like I said, it's what WWE is hoping to have.

I know it's not a guarantee. But since he said it is, I wanted to see if he could prove it.

Not that Im against a Season 5.

Kashdinero
12-09-2010, 05:07 AM
If/when cole return's to commentary next week expect a brutal burial of Daniel Bryan.... If only Bryan had Punk singing his praises instead of Vince Via Cole calling him a fuckin nerd every time he's on the screen.

SaberToothTigerz
12-09-2010, 05:53 AM
I know it's not a guarantee. But since he said it is, I wanted to see if he could prove it.

Not that Im against a Season 5.

no i cant.

Kashdinero
12-10-2010, 04:33 PM
Just finished watching the first episode and I have to say I enjoyed it! Maybe it was the lack of cole burying the hopefuls and treating the whole thing with contempt. Although the whole concept is flawed as rookies have no place facing rookies on WWE television. They just look so... Exposed!

Byron Saxton is a charismatic MoFo and should do alright for himself in WWE.
Bateman didn't look to bad either even though he lost. Hope they don't give him a losing streak like they did with his pro in season 1.
Can't wait to see Brodus Clay, for some reason he's come across as an instant contender. Very imposing looking dude with some half decent mic skills.

I think this season got off to quite a good start. Very promising.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-13-2010, 01:43 PM

I will shit a brick if this happens. Anything to get Creed and Black (espescially Black) on the main roster is an A+ decision.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-13-2010, 01:48 PM
Just finished watching the first episode and I have to say I enjoyed it! Maybe it was the lack of cole burying the hopefuls and treating the whole thing with contempt. Although the whole concept is flawed as rookies have no place facing rookies on WWE television. They just look so... Exposed!

Byron Saxton is a charismatic MoFo and should do alright for himself in WWE.
Bateman didn't look to bad either even though he lost. Hope they don't give him a losing streak like they did with his pro in season 1.
Can't wait to see Brodus Clay, for some reason he's come across as an instant contender. Very imposing looking dude with some half decent mic skills.

I think this season got off to quite a good start. Very promising.

I was impressed with the group as a whole as well. Brodis Clay looks nice, as did Bateman. Only guys who didn't show me anything were the rat dude, and R-Truths rookie. I know he is supposed to be good in ring, but he didn't look to great in his first match and his mic skills were awful.

Rich Cranium
12-13-2010, 01:49 PM
I will shit a brick if this happens. Anything to get Creed and Black (espescially Black) on the main roster is an A+ decision.

Creed as in Consequences Creed? I haven't been following FCW so what is his name now?

Bodom
12-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Creed as in Consequences Creed? I haven't been following FCW so what is his name now?

Xavier Woods.

SgtGohan
02-10-2011, 11:00 AM
anyone else noticed Ziggler wearing the zack ryder shirt haha

Justdawg08
02-17-2011, 03:03 AM
Anybody been watching this season?

I try and watch them on youtube, but just wondering who you guys think is going to win it, I'm not really sure if there is a clear winner at this moment.

My favorite is Derrick Bateman, he's just funny and wacky as hell, he put on a good match with Daniel Bryan on NxT this last week that was pretty sweet. Plus Him and Daniel Bryan I think would develop into a pretty good tag team. Derrick Bateman's got the charisma, Daniel Bryan is fucking skilled... they'd be set.

Brodus Clay, who has been pretty good, but he's not my favorite.

Johnny Curtis, who I kind of like, but he acts stupid a lot.

Ricardo Rodrigeuz.. I know he's not a contestant, but damn he's been funny on that show with that Rat dude, and he even had a match... good shit...

Anyone else been checking that show out? Who ya thinks going to win?

Tommy Thunder
02-17-2011, 03:15 AM
I think all 3 remaining guys have what it takes to make it on the main roster.
Bateman is very charismatic, and put on a great match with Bryan. I can see them as tag champs.
Curtis is probably the most skilled in the ring of the remaining guys. I can't see him and Truth forming a team though.
I have been very impressed with Brodus Clay. For a guy of his size, he's very athletic, and pulls out every suplex in the book!! Clay and Rodriguez as tag champs though? Really?! Not too sure about that!!
This season is by far the best as far as actual wrestling talent goes. Take away the stupid challenges, we've been treated to excellent wrestling. It's very open as to who wins, my money is probably on Bateman, but I think all 3 (and possibly Saxton) will make it to the main roster eventually.

Trips88
02-17-2011, 04:46 AM
Bateman is my choice.

The Brown One
02-17-2011, 04:49 AM
I want Brodus to win, because hes been the standout man for me in this season on NXT. But like you both, I'm sure that Bateman will win. This is because his character was molded to be similar to Daniel Bryan, to form a "nerd" team. I can see that WWE needs more tagteams, and more teateams that make sense, not just some 2 guys thrown together. Derrick Bateman and Daniel Bryan could be the WWE's answer to that.

alexrules01
02-17-2011, 05:25 AM
Batemen has to win! Him and Bryan just gel so well together I feel. Remind me of an E&C type tag team.
They have be called DB Squared!

CMhuw24
02-17-2011, 07:05 AM
Brodus Clay has impressed me very much so.
His finisher is cool looking aswell.
But honestly i beleive Bateman will win, the guy has personaility and a bit of ring talent.

Id love to see Brodus Clay win though, he could be quite a dominant figure, and his movest, for a big guy, is quite impressive.

MATTHEW
02-17-2011, 08:19 AM
Mr DB of the WWE will win NXT. Oh it's true! Oh it's damn true!!

I'm waiting for Percy Watson to come kick some ass =]

SaberToothTigerz
02-17-2011, 08:23 AM
Mr DB of the WWE will win NXT. Oh it's true! Oh it's damn true!!

I'm waiting for Percy Watson to come kick some ass =]

true we are all waiting for percy to start kicking ass xD
i would like to any of those guys to win i mean all three win xD bcuz i rly have no favoritism in here

Awesome
02-17-2011, 05:35 PM
I also like all 3 and I want bateman to win because he comedy gold but I wouldn't mind if clay won because he is talented as well. I think this nxt has been pretty good, it has been much better than nxt season 3, that was terrible. Bateman FTW!