PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling Fantasy League

AgeoftheFallguy
12-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Does any one else recall when WWE had a wrestling fantasy league contest? If I remember you would pick like 10 guys or girls and each week you would get points depending on certain factors such as if that person was on TV, won a match, used a weapon, hit their finisher all kinda diffrent stuff. It gave me a reason to watch and kinda cheer for my guys to get as many points as possible. Does any one think this may be a worth while thing to do again? Or did you take part the first time they did it and did you like it?

Bodom
12-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Like Fantasy Football?

Cool idea, but in todays age of internet spoilers, it's open to a lot of cheating.

Rich Cranium
12-06-2010, 01:06 PM
Like Fantasy Football?

Cool idea, but in todays age of internet spoilers, it's open to a lot of cheating.

Maybe you would need to post your picks 2 weeks in advance before spoilers come out if possible.

Bodom
12-06-2010, 01:08 PM
Maybe you would need to post your picks 2 weeks in advance before spoilers come out if possible.

I'd imagine it's doable. It's just a matter of "Is WWE willing to put forth the effort"

Thewoodcutter
12-06-2010, 01:11 PM
That would be intriguing

AgeoftheFallguy
12-06-2010, 02:05 PM
Well it was doable because they already did it, I was asking if any one else remembered doing it several years ago. You got like to make changes to your roster once a week on like sat or sunday so was after Smackdown and such. The point I think was if you had the most points by the end of 6 months you won a trip to wrestlemania or something.

Bodom
12-06-2010, 02:11 PM
I think I vaguely remember it.

If they bring it back i'd sign up

AgeoftheFallguy
12-06-2010, 02:28 PM
I recall now, each wrestler was worth a diffrent amout and you could only have a certain total on your roster, so uppper card guys like HHH cost you alot, or you could have several lower card guys that were worth less. I always had guys who would do run ins so didnt get as many points as having an actually match, but I had HHH and he would use the good old sledge hammer and rack up some fantasy points.

KJ PUNK
12-06-2010, 02:29 PM
I remember this. If I recall correctly, you only had like $10 million to fill out a roster of 10 guys. And somebody like Cena, Edge, HHH, or Taker was worth like $5 million. So you had to kind of balance between a main eventer,a few mid-carders and some divas.

KJ PUNK
12-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Dang AotFguy, you beat me by a minute haha.

thejman93
12-06-2010, 03:49 PM
y don't we do it here

Rich Cranium
12-06-2010, 04:02 PM
y don't we do it here

We could but the winnings would be bragging rights you could put in your sig or opening line in your post ala IPITS. There certainly would be no WM tickets I would think.

thejman93
12-06-2010, 04:30 PM
We could but the winnings would be bragging rights you could put in your sig or opening line in your post ala IPITS. There certainly would be no WM tickets I would think.

if sombody wants to put it together I'm in

joe157
12-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Yeah i remember it, used to think it was good fun. Shame its not on there now :(

themaster619
01-14-2011, 11:30 AM
Yeah i remember it too, used to be good. I remember I won a few t-shirts for finishing in the top 10. If you google 'fantasy wrestling' a good one comes up at the top, check it out :)