PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Final Resolution...

MinistryOfDarkness
12-06-2010, 12:11 AM
Well, I'll tell you, I was most impressed with the first hour and 45 minutes of the PPV. Beer Money/Ink Inc. unfolded as to be expected. Same goes for Tara/Mickie and Robbie E/Jay Lethal (damn TNA, where's Shelton?!). I was hoping that AJ Styles/Douglas Williams was going to be great, and I wasn't disappointed. No surprise (to me) on the title change, but using the Styles Clash was an interesting touch. Full Metal Mayhem went as to be expected, huge spots for both teams, highly entertaining. And then it went to shit. Any thoughts on how Joe/Jarrett, Abyss/Pope, and Morgan/Hardy could have been better? My god, those matches were terrible IMO. I like Morgan, but my god, that was one of the worst, slowest moving main events I've seen in a long while.

Thoughts?!...

johnadah
12-06-2010, 01:15 AM
Well, I'll tell you, I was most impressed with the first hour and 45 minutes of the PPV. Beer Money/Ink Inc. unfolded as to be expected. Same goes for Tara/Mickie and Robbie E/Jay Lethal (damn TNA, where's Shelton?!). I was hoping that AJ Styles/Douglas Williams was going to be great, and I wasn't disappointed. No surprise (to me) on the title change, but using the Styles Clash was an interesting touch. Full Metal Mayhem went as to be expected, huge spots for both teams, highly entertaining. And then it went to shit. Any thoughts on how Joe/Jarrett, Abyss/Pope, and Morgan/Hardy could have been better? My god, those matches were terrible IMO. I like Morgan, but my god, that was one of the worst, slowest moving main events I've seen in a long while.

Thoughts?!...

Considering the reports that Hardy was plastered drunk backstage prior to the show, I'm sure that Morgan was told to take things slow so Hardy wouldn't hurt himself. All in all, it was a decent PPV. But TNA really needs to go back to focusing on the X-Division and Knockouts. And fired Bischoff, Hogan and Russo.

JohnnyPhantom
12-06-2010, 01:15 AM
Well, when Jeff Hardy goes into the match "Hammered" like a few reports stated... you're going to have a crappy main event.

Not really surprised that Joe/Jarrett did nothing because lets face it... Joe doesnt really act like he wants to be there and doesnt show it lately. And jarrett... well i dont really need to say anything more about him.

Abyss/Pope. I just dont see ANYTHING between the two! Its like they dont talk to each other before the matches and just go in there willy-nilly. Not to mention if your going to have a good match you need to feed off each other... and i just see Kane vs Shelton when i see the two fighting. Ehhh

johnadah
12-06-2010, 01:19 AM
Abyss/Pope. I just dont see ANYTHING between the two! Its like they dont talk to each other before the matches and just go in there willy-nilly. Not to mention if your going to have a good match you need to feed off each other... and i just see Kane vs Shelton when i see the two fighting. Ehhh

I'm assuming Abyss is one of the guys that it was reported Pope had gathered a lot of heat with backstage. The reports said that a large portion of the locker room was upset with Pope. So I'd imagine there aren't too many guys getting together with him to talk out their matches before hand. And I'm sure there aren't too many guys trying to make Pope look good in the ring either.

Firebrand
12-06-2010, 01:23 AM
Ashamed to say i missed this one, from the news sounds like Hardy needs fired for good. If they cant depend on him to stay sober then he needs to get out. I saw AJ lost his title, maby they will turn him face and let him reclaim the belt. Thats my best hope after hearing about hardy last night.

chunkkynutzzz
12-06-2010, 01:28 AM
THE POPE SHOULD'VE BEEN IN THE JEFF HARDY ROLE....CUZ JEFF IS GOIN TO JAIL ANyWAYS

johnadah
12-06-2010, 01:30 AM
Ashamed to say i missed this one, from the news sounds like Hardy needs fired for good. If they cant depend on him to stay sober then he needs to get out. I saw AJ lost his title, maby they will turn him face and let him reclaim the belt. Thats my best hope after hearing about hardy last night.

With the incredible length of time that WWF/E and WCW both allowed Scott Hall to wrestle while obviously drunk before each match, I wouldn't be surprised if TNA let's a guy with the drawing power of Hardy get away with it for a long time to come.

jcagosto
12-06-2010, 01:55 AM
I saw it live at the impact zone:
1. The last three matches sucked.
2. Mr. Kennedy got by far the biggest pop of the night.
3. Jeff Hardy was being kind of weird, now that i read about the controversy of him being 'hammered', it all makes sense.

tysteelman
12-06-2010, 02:59 AM
I made a review on the ppv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDFetk4Bhic

jethro
12-06-2010, 06:24 AM
I saw it live at the impact zone:
1. The last three matches sucked.
2. Mr. Kennedy got by far the biggest pop of the night.
3. Jeff Hardy was being kind of weird, now that i read about the controversy of him being 'hammered', it all makes sense.

I envy you buddy.

The card lineup looks promising,and I really wish Matt wins the title
Hope i can get my hands on the ppv show by this week

The Brown One
12-06-2010, 06:52 AM
With the incredible length of time that WWF/E and WCW both allowed Scott Hall to wrestle while obviously drunk before each match, I wouldn't be surprised if TNA let's a guy with the drawing power of Hardy get away with it for a long time to come.

This pisses me off. Hardy's gone sloppy in the ring i don't even know how he draws anymore. I hope he goes to jail so that someone more deserving gets a chance to go for the belt.

Thoughts?!...

I agree with the time thing.
Heres my thoughts on the matches:
*#1 Contender's Match
Beer Money vs. Ink Inc- I don't like Ink Incs wrestling that much but they stepped it up tonight. This was actually one of the better matches of the PPV, and should have been put later in the PPV.

*Falls Count Anywhere Match
Tara vs. Mickie James - Same old shit thats been done on Impact the past month. Madison Rayne coming out of a stall in the men's bathroom? Thats hardly new, so it was the same thing again.

*TNA X-Division Championship Match
Cookie suspended above the ring in shark cage
Robbie E (c) vs. Jay Lethal-This confirms my suspicion about Russos fetish for hanging things above the ring. I was expecting there to somehow be a tank with piranhas or something under the shark cage..so I was dissapointed that there wasn't. Overall ok match. Glad that Sharkboys back :D

*1st Blood Match
Rob Van Dam vs. Rhino- I don't care that people say these guys are hasbeens, they can still go. It wasn't that bad of a match and the ending Van Terminator was awesum!

*TNA Television Championship Match
AJ Styles (c) vs. Douglas Williams- Match of the night IMO besides Gen Me vs MCMG. I'm glad Doug is out of Immortal/Fortune, because its refreshing to see Doug work without them. Good moves by both men and ending was really unexpected but amazing.

*TNA Tag Team Championship
Full Metal Match
The Motor City Machine Guns (c) vs. Generation Me- Once again MCMG didn't dissapoint. May just be the best TLC match I've seen, even rivalling that triple tagteam one back in WWF/E. TNA was creative in that ladder-table scaffold and Gen Me once again showed us that they deserve to compete with MCMG.

*Casket Match
Abyss vs. "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero - I expected alot from this..but it was slow and boring. I hope Pope gets put into a fued for the world title, because he's more entertaining that Hardy and is not being used to his full potential atm.

*Submission Match
Jeff Jarrett vs. Samoa Joe- Argh I'm waiting for this to end its so stupid..Joe should move on to something else if hes still employed by TNA.

*TNA Championship
Special Referee: Mr. Anderson
Jeff Hardy (c) vs. Matt Morgan- I swear the world title matches get crappier every PPV..another bloody twist by TNA, and a stupid one at that..I hope Jeff goes to jail after him being "hammered" before the PPV went on air. But its TNA so that wont happen. I hope someone more entertaining than Morgan steps up to challenge for the world title.

Overall still a better PPV than Turning Point.

SevenCagedTigers
12-06-2010, 08:14 AM

I think that TNA should be more concerned about the fact that Hardy's being "hammered" might be brought up in his trial. It would paint him as someone who hasn't taken the opportunity to get clean of all substances after being given months to make himself presentable before a jury. I can only speculate that TNA's decision not to pull Hardy from the main event may have been due to them not wanting to paint Hardy as being incapacitated due to substance abuse prior to his trial. Testicles.

Lowki
12-06-2010, 08:58 AM
No doubt this will come back to haunt TNA, especially with the pressure WWE are putting on "clean" wrestlers these days. I'm guessing that's why Hardy didn't attempt a swanton...or anything else for that matter.

Warmachine
12-06-2010, 09:02 AM
LMAO at your gif in your signature, spent a good 2 mins staring at it.......any who yes these bs finishes like in the joe and jarret match? the ref calls it for the wrestler!!!! really? refs are not supposed to end matches for wrestlers, theyre just there to call it any who x division and a good knocouts division like someone said and get hogans ass out of there and we'll have tna 2006-2009 when it was still a decent wrestling show and not sports entertainment jr.

lucky7pointman
12-06-2010, 09:39 AM
The tna champ was high on drug that night just sad u suppose to be the champ now I know why 3 of his world title run was short

JohnnyPhantom
12-06-2010, 09:44 AM
LMAO at your gif in your signature, spent a good 2 mins staring at it.......any who yes these bs finishes like in the joe and jarret match? the ref calls it for the wrestler!!!! really? refs are not supposed to end matches for wrestlers, theyre just there to call it any who x division and a good knocouts division like someone said and get hogans ass out of there and we'll have tna 2006-2009 when it was still a decent wrestling show and not sports entertainment jr.

Yeah i was wondering what TNA has been doing with these stupid finishes. Ive seen a handful of "Draws"?????? Uhhh, why are we getting draws? Makes everyone watching PISSED OFF cause they wanted to see a good finish for either man! I really dont think TNA has established the fact that just because you lose doesnt mean the guy in a loser! Hell, Mr Perfect lost his share of matches but with a loss his character grew stronger!! Its a lost art in TNA... the art of the good loss!

but hey it speaks for the body of work that TNA is putting on the air.

Firebrand
12-06-2010, 09:51 AM

I dont think Jeff has nearly as much of drawing pow as he did before the drug scandal in wwe. This episode i think will put the nail in the coffin. Of course in a perfect world he'd be gone no matter what his draw. Sad that someone with his talent and following screws up not only his and his family's life, but the fans too. It makes me sick to my stomach.

*edit*

congrats to TNA for bringing Shark Boy back with a bang.

lucky7pointman
12-06-2010, 11:35 AM
I think a.j lost tv to get ready to put world title on him still be heel but something happen to jeff and aj take jeff place and win the world title

SilverGhost
12-06-2010, 11:42 AM
I think a.j lost tv to get ready to put world title on him still be heel but something happen to jeff and aj take jeff place and win the world title

If TNA has any intelligence.....they turn AJ face. He isnt meant to be a heel character if he just flies around.

Bodom
12-06-2010, 11:44 AM
If TNA has any intelligence.....they turn AJ face. He isnt meant to be a heel character if he just flies around.

For real. They have the roles reversed.

Williams is a much better heel than he is a face and AJ is much better face than he is a heel.

SilverGhost
12-06-2010, 11:48 AM
For real. They have the roles reversed.

Williams is a much better heel than he is a face and AJ is much better face than he is a heel.

Hey that match was a good watch though. Williams doing the Chaos Theory on the outside and then winning the TV championship with the Styles Clash...that was entertaining xD

MCMG vs GenMe....awesome match and a good watch. These two teams have a great future as long as they DON'T get near WWE XD

lucky7pointman
12-06-2010, 01:51 PM

Yea but I feel aj sure take jeff place in immortal storyline who better to be the top head of the team than the guy who been in tna since day 1?

Bodom
12-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Yea but I feel aj sure take jeff place in immortal storyline who better to be the top head of the team than the guy who been in tna since day 1?

Absolutely.

But AJ just never really clicks as a heel for some reason.

MinistryOfDarkness
12-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Someone like AJ should always be a face, I'm sorry. Alot of you are right, it just doesn't look right. And yes Williams is a far better heel than face, but what the hell, they might as well try it to see how well he gets over as a face. I had posted this thread before reading about the Jeff Hardy situation, so the crappy main event makes sense now. I believe it's time AJ turns face, and feuds for what should soon be a vacated World Title, maybe against Pope? Morgan? Plus I can't wait til Kurt gets bad to wrestling full time, TNA sure misses him. Hey who knows, if they stick with Robbie E as the X champ for awhile, why not elevate Jay Lethal to World Title status, worth a shot?!

johnadah
12-06-2010, 06:14 PM
This pisses me off. Hardy's gone sloppy in the ring i don't even know how he draws anymore. I hope he goes to jail so that someone more deserving gets a chance to go for the belt.

There were countless times when Scott Hall looked that sloppy and reckless because he went to the ring plastered on placidyls. I'm sure it's not the first time Hardy has gone out stuck to a wall either. It's unfortunate. I don't use drugs myself, but there are certain drugs that I really don't have a problem with people using as long as they're responsible. Obviously, getting wasted right before work, especially when your job requires physically interacting with another individual, is not responsible at all. I used to actually look up to Hardy for how passionately he pursued his goals in the business. Nowadays, it seems like he just knows he's a draw, and he thinks he can be careless and get whatever he wants. As far as how he can still draw, it's because his drug problems probably aren't so well known to children, and that's half of his audience.

johnadah
12-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Someone like AJ should always be a face, I'm sorry. Alot of you are right, it just doesn't look right. And yes Williams is a far better heel than face, but what the hell, they might as well try it to see how well he gets over as a face. I had posted this thread before reading about the Jeff Hardy situation, so the crappy main event makes sense now. I believe it's time AJ turns face, and feuds for what should soon be a vacated World Title, maybe against Pope? Morgan? Plus I can't wait til Kurt gets bad to wrestling full time, TNA sure misses him. Hey who knows, if they stick with Robbie E as the X champ for awhile, why not elevate Jay Lethal to World Title status, worth a shot?!

That's the bottom line truth. I don't think anyone likes or wants AJ as a heel. He is meant to be a face. He needs to be a face. That's just how he operates best.

CobraNightviper
12-06-2010, 06:54 PM
A.J doesn't even look the role of a heel I still don't understand tna's dumb logic at times but at least it's nice to see he isn't wearing that blue blazer robe to the ring anymore.

Bodom
12-06-2010, 06:56 PM
A.J doesn't even look the role of a heel I still don't understand tna's dumb logic at times but at least it's nice to see he isn't wearing that blue blazer robe to the ring anymore.

He's not? THANK YOU.

Christ was that robe awful.

SevenCagedTigers
12-06-2010, 07:38 PM

Ive found that its harder to be a heel if your wrestling style is that of a high-flyer. If your arsenal includes any ammount of high-risk maneuvers (monsault, cork-screw moonsault) then no matter how much of a bastard you are, the fans will always cheer for your matches. It seems like the better performer you are, the more screwed you are into becoming a face. Youre right, A.J. is much better as a face, simply because his arsenal won't allow fans to boo him.

The Brown One
12-06-2010, 11:33 PM
Ive found that its harder to be a heel if your wrestling style is that of a high-flyer. If your arsenal includes any ammount of high-risk maneuvers (monsault, cork-screw moonsault) then no matter how much of a bastard you are, the fans will always cheer for your matches. It seems like the better performer you are, the more screwed you are into becoming a face. Youre right, A.J. is much better as a face, simply because his arsenal won't allow fans to boo him.

Your right. Even as a heel at Final Resolution when he worked that match against Doug Williams fans were cheering him more than Doug when hes supposed to be hated. Hes just a natural face.

Rich Cranium
12-06-2010, 11:34 PM
Your right. Even as a heel at Final Resolution when he worked that match against Doug Williams fans were cheering him more than Doug when hes supposed to be hated. Hes just a natural face.

Yeah, I heard fans were chanting USA!

The Brown One
12-07-2010, 12:23 AM
Yeah, I heard fans were chanting USA!

Thats because its America! They even do that in a WWE arena :D

SilverGhost
12-07-2010, 01:01 AM
Thats because its America! They even do that in a WWE arena :D

But....but.....Douglas was the face.

ALSO....Its the IMPACT ZONE PEOPLE! Alot of us know how they are.

Hell...Bodom is an expert on these kinds of people ;)

The Brown One
12-07-2010, 02:10 AM
But....but.....Douglas was the face.

ALSO....Its the IMPACT ZONE PEOPLE! Alot of us know how they are.

Hell...Bodom is an expert on these kinds of people ;)

Yeah for once i wish they'd just shutup and let me enjoy the freakin match.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
12-07-2010, 04:46 AM
Please allow me to give my thoughts on Final Resolution. I thought it was great. I really enjoyed it. The wrestling was fantastic. AJ Styles is truly phenomenal. Douglas Williams is just awesome. The MCMG and Gen Me cant get any better than they are right now. Shark boy made an appearance and not only did I mark out, I spilled my beer all over me from the pure excitement of seeing him back in TNA. I'm not a fan of Abyss but that dude punched a hole through a casket, that gets brownie points in my book. Tara and Mickie James were great as usual. The main event was not that great but after I read where Jeff was "tired from all his traveling" it makes sense to me. Do I think he was tired or going through withdraw, I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say he was tired. Overall I enjoyed the ppv and thought the talent went above and beyond to make it a great show. They certainly earned their paychecks. TNA is going to be OK, they are going to make it. I see TNA as the little engine that could as long as they keep on saying I think I can, I think I can, I know I can.

TJHawkesybaby
12-07-2010, 06:52 AM
All i can say is Thank you TNA!!!

They brought back everything (pretty much) that I/we like about it.... The Wrestling!

I was dissapointed with a couple of matches but nothing id really get PO'd with!

AJ vs Williams was a bonerfets lol for a purist fan it was a dream match up and it didnt disappoint bein a brit it was good to see Williams pick up the belt, the chaos theory is up there with the Canadian destroyer for me in the best finishin moves its awesome and done on the outside of the ring... twas guuuurd, I screamed nearly woke everyone up in my house lol! And to rub salt into the wounds he used the styles clash to pin him! A very veeery enjoyable match! A lesson in wrestling!!!

MCMG vs Gen Me.... right im not gonna slag any of this off as it was brilliant!!! Awesome even! But that scaffold table on top of ladders thing has been done before by the Hardyz/E n C/Dudleys in WWF in there triple threat Im sure of it! But not to say these guys didnt deliver elsewhere it was a non stop end to end spotfest!!!! Which cant be bad surely lol!

The other matches maybe a lil forgettable......?

X div match was just aweful this fuckin Jersey Shore gimmick is just.... i cant think of a word describe how bad it is!!! Shark boy returning made me wee a lil bit lol hopefully theyll have some proper x div stuff comin back!!! All we need next is Curry Man!

Main event.... i feel soooo sorry for Morgan i really do! here is getting his first title chances and he's up againts the smack head that is Jeff Hardy its bang out of order! Im just gonna echo what people have said above Hardy needs to sort his life out! Send that douche to jail!!!

Anyway i loved it was a great PPV after a few naff ones and terrible programming on iMPACT just goes to show they have the talent there if they book it right!!!

SilverGhost
12-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Yeah for once i wish they'd just shutup and let me enjoy the freakin match.

They won't. They lack the proper brain cells.....its from either drinking too much or they are that way.

PJaybe
12-15-2010, 01:18 PM
I thought I noticed Anderson giving the guys in the main event the "hurry ups" a few times, tapping his wrist and such. Couldn't work out if they were short on time due to the late start they were talking about, or if they wanted to be finished before Hardy passed out.

Its a pity that Morgan didn't go into business for himself and just lay Hardy out big time.........

Philip