PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Feud of the year!

CMhuw24
12-05-2010, 09:18 PM
So here we are coming to the end of another year and we look back at the wrestling year, and i was thinking, what was the feud of the year this year? While there havent been many great ones, i do beleive that there have been some good ones.
Some examples..
CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio
John Cena vs The Nexus
Sheamus vs Randy Orton
Kane vs The Undertaker
John Cena vs Batista
Triple H vs Sheamus
Kofi Kingston vs Dolph Ziggler
Matt Hardy vs Drew McIntyre

So what are your thoughts?

Daniel Bryan
12-05-2010, 10:05 PM
of your list it would have to be sheamus vs HHH IMO

mikethebike62
12-05-2010, 10:09 PM
The best feuds were:
Miz vs MVP
Miz vs Harts
Miz vs R Truth
Miz vs Daniel Bryan
Miz vs Randy Orton

Oh, and Edge vs All things stupid was good too

willos19991
12-05-2010, 10:40 PM
is this only wwe if so hbk vs undertaker and nexus vs cena if is not just wwe then its el generico vs kevin steen

IrkenInvader
12-05-2010, 10:41 PM
Matt Hardy v WWE

johnadah
12-05-2010, 10:42 PM
CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio Jr was actually a great feud. It was nice to see someone who brought out the best in Mysterio again.

Dolph Ziggler vs Kofi Kingston was wonderful. Those guys had some amazing matches together.

Although it was very short, one of my favorite feuds was Chris Jericho vs Evan Bourne. Their matches were great.

If I had to choose just one feud, it wouldn't be easy. How about, as Mike The Bike basically put it, Miz vs WWE! I have enjoyed everything Miz has done this year. It didn't matter who his opponent was, Miz kept my eyes on the screen.

CMhuw24
12-05-2010, 10:46 PM
Yeahh the Miz has also done very well this year.
He has entertained me :)

CMhuw24
12-05-2010, 10:48 PM
CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio Jr was actually a great feud. It was nice to see someone who brought out the best in Mysterio again.

Dolph Ziggler vs Kofi Kingston was wonderful. Those guys had some amazing matches together.

Although it was very short, one of my favorite feuds was Chris Jericho vs Evan Bourne. Their matches were great.

If I had to choose just one feud, it wouldn't be easy. How about, as Mike The Bike basically put it, Miz vs WWE! I have enjoyed everything Miz has done this year. It didn't matter who his opponent was, Miz kept my eyes on the screen.

Oh yes i forgot Bourne vs Jericho, but i beleive there matchs were very good.
Although i was very suprised that time Evan kicked out of the codebreaker.

johnadah
12-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Oh yes i forgot Bourne vs Jericho, but i beleive there matchs were very good.
Although i was very suprised that time Evan kicked out of the codebreaker.

I actually wasn't surprised by that. Jericho is always willing to help build up new talent. Knowing the type of wrestlers that Jericho is a fan of, and the kind of guys he has bragged about in the ring, I'm sure he's pretty high on Bourne. Jericho mentioned in an interview a while back that he gets away with a lot because "you know what Jericho brings to the table". I think he's aware that a loss doesn't hurt him at all for the very same reason. I'm glad he put over Bourne. It was a push that Triple H wanted Bourne to have, and a push that Bourne needed.

Qwerty
12-05-2010, 10:57 PM
Daniel Bryan vs Michael Cole. It was the sole reason NXT season one was fun to watch, it made Michael Cole more than an emotionless voice, and helped put Bryan over.

johnadah
12-05-2010, 11:02 PM
Daniel Bryan vs Michael Cole. It was the sole reason NXT season one was fun to watch, it made Michael Cole more than an emotionless voice, and helped put Bryan over.

I don't think that had anything to do with Danielson going over. I agree that it helped put Cole over as a heel. But Danielson is simply amazing. He was going to go over no matter what they did with him. They tried to make him look like a penocha by having him lose almost every single match and he STILL went over. That's just how good he is.

Bodom
12-05-2010, 11:06 PM
The best feuds were:
Miz vs MVP
Miz vs Harts
Miz vs R Truth
Miz vs Daniel Bryan
Miz vs Randy Orton

Oh, and Edge vs All things stupid was good too

When did Miz have a feud with MVP??????

alexrules01
12-05-2010, 11:13 PM
A brief stint over the US title I believe, when Miz first cam champ. I believe this was the time Miz truley started to shine on the mic

Bodom
12-05-2010, 11:18 PM
You're right. Just looked it up and they did.

Christ. I forgot about a Miz feud. Im so ashamed of myself :(

MinistryOfDarkness
12-06-2010, 12:02 AM
Michael Cole vs. Jim Ross on commentary at the 'Old School Raw'. That was epic!

"YOU KNOW JR, I'M THE VOICE OF THE WWE NOW, NOT YOU!" Money.

The Brown One
12-06-2010, 12:05 AM
Michael Cole vs. Jim Ross on commentary at the 'Old School Raw'. That was epic!

"YOU KNOW JR, I'M THE VOICE OF THE WWE NOW, NOT YOU!" Money.

That was for about 15mins but was epic. It brought back the feel of vintage to the announcers table. The best part was when JR smacked Cole with his hat :D

MinistryOfDarkness
12-06-2010, 12:14 AM
the best part was when jr smacked cole with his hat :d

vintage jr!

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-06-2010, 12:31 AM
Gotta go with Cena vs. Nexus. I know everyone hates Cena, but you all have to admit that this was by far the most epic storyline of the year. You can say what you will about Cena, but he really did help put over Barrett/Nexus as great heels.

IrkenInvader
12-06-2010, 12:50 AM
MATTHEW HARDY vs grapes

The_useless_Jester
12-06-2010, 01:01 AM
Gotta go with Cena vs. Nexus. I know everyone hates Cena, but you all have to admit that this was by far the most epic storyline of the year. You can say what you will about Cena, but he really did help put over Barrett/Nexus as great heels.

I agree. It gave Barett a chance to shine as a mastermind, and gave a little sense of weakness to super-Cena... I just wished that they would've made it into a cena hell turn...

Kashdinero
12-06-2010, 04:07 AM
My favourite feud this year has been Miz v Bryan. From the moment it was announced that Miz was to be Bryan's pro on NXT up to the triple threat submissions count anywhere match which included Morrison at Hell in a cell, this rivalry has been one to remember. The surprise of Cole finding a personality during it all has been a welcome added bonus!

TheAgeOfAndy
12-06-2010, 04:08 AM
Definately Michael Cole vs. Everyone on here who hates him; but seriously, even though there aren't many great feuds to choose from this year, Cena vs. Nexus (although Cena should have turned heel) and anything The Miz has been involved with (re-watching Miz win MITB still makes me smile :))

JagerDave
12-06-2010, 04:20 AM
HBK and Taker, hands down. They showed the young guys how to bring real emotion and interest into a feud. Their WM match was one of the best of the year as well.

Matt
12-06-2010, 05:11 AM
I think without doubt it was.........................................Kaitly n Vs Vickie

alexrules01
12-06-2010, 05:53 AM
Santino vs Shamoos
Edge vs Anonymous GM
Mark Callaway vs Brock Lesnar
Hardy's vs CM Punk (but that has carried on since CM Punk 'fired' Jeff)
Jericho vs Bourne
Jericho vs Show
Jericho vs Daniel Bryan
Jericho vs Cole (Shut up you idiot!)

Mikeyboy7777777
12-06-2010, 05:55 AM
i am going to pick the usos vs harts storyine because it was actually something that wwe lacked for a long time and lacks again now but it was hella fun when they attacked the hart's

Incubus_99
12-06-2010, 05:57 AM
Cena Vs. Nexus...:p...

but i think its gotta be Rey vs. Punk!...

Fatality
12-06-2010, 06:19 AM
Cena Vs. Nexus...:p...

but i think its gotta be Rey vs. Punk!...

Yeah i also think its the Rey mysterio Vs Punk storyline ....

The Brown One
12-06-2010, 07:06 AM
Jericho vs Cole (Shut up you idiot!)

Reminded me of the funny Jericho from the Attitude Era days. Was a great moment :)

SevenCagedTigers
12-06-2010, 08:17 AM
Angelina Love vs bulimia. I think Angelina lost.

Bodom
12-06-2010, 08:27 AM
Angelina Love vs bulimia. I think Angelina lost.

You don't have a favorite WWE feud? This is the WWE section......

thejman93
12-06-2010, 11:13 AM
This feud only had 1 match but HBK and 'Taker built that match up so well and then had what I think was the match of the year that it was the feud of the year

RomanFlare
12-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Best Feud? I have to break it down into three catergories:

Best Feud Buildup: HBK vs Undertaker (HBK going nuts after Batista eliminated him in the Rumble was amazing, as was HBK screwing over Taker at No Way Out)

Best Feud Promos: Miz vs Everybody

Best Feud Match: HBK vs Undertaker (I don't know if it was the build-up or the hangover from the match the year before, but this one blew my mind to watch)

thejman93
12-06-2010, 11:26 AM
Best Feud? I have to break it down into three catergories:

Best Feud Buildup: HBK vs Undertaker (HBK going nuts after Batista eliminated him in the Rumble was amazing, as was HBK screwing over Taker at No Way Out)

Best Feud Promos: Miz vs Everybody

Best Feud Match: HBK vs Undertaker (I don't know if it was the build-up or the hangover from the match the year before, but this one blew my mind to watch)

What he said

Taxi Driver
12-06-2010, 11:41 AM
Swagger Soaring Eagle vs Hornswoggle

RomanFlare
12-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Swagger Soaring Eagle vs Hornswoggle

If the Eagle puts Hornswoggle into the Chicken Wing, this will make my top 3.

Taxi Driver
12-06-2010, 12:08 PM
If the Eagle puts Hornswoggle into the Chicken Wing, this will make my top 3.

I hope he does.

CGBigMan
12-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Punk V Mysterio or any of The Miz's Fued were the best ones

randymarsh118
12-06-2010, 06:12 PM
;)Carlito and primo v the miz and john morrison
great tag teams

Bodom
12-06-2010, 06:13 PM
;)Carlito and primo v the miz and john morrison
great tag teams

That wasn't even this year....................

Mr. Huitt
12-06-2010, 06:26 PM
Shad vs. JTG, great build up, really built Shad up as a power house and showed off JTG's athletic skills. I could not believe 4 months into it that..... what..... that didn't happen? Really, the whole thing ended after 2 weeks and Shad's fired and JTG is a jobber? Oh, wow.....

But for cereal, I kinda liked Bret Hart/Vinnie Mac, Miz/anyone, and I was really excited about the Nexus when it started..... But where are the personalities behind the players? And please, please 2011 let us see Christian and Edge in a feud.

Rich Cranium
12-06-2010, 06:29 PM
You can thank the wonderful crew at WWE creative for that!

cfcpiedro
12-06-2010, 07:41 PM
I think this should go to Punk vs Mysterio, hands down