PDA

View Full Version : The Masterpiece?

Thewoodcutter
12-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Call Me Crazy but I have always Liked Chris Masters. When He first came up he was a heel and had a badass intrance. Don't get me wrong I know he sucked in the ring but there was something about him that made me watch. Lately I have noticed he has been improving in the ring as of late. Does anyone else think he might be able so someday be a main eventer or atleast a mid card champ?

CMhuw24
12-05-2010, 09:05 PM
i think the highest he'll ever get is maybe a top midcarder.
the guy has no real character i beleive.

Greatness
12-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Definitely a mid-card champ, like an Intercontinental Champ. And yes, that heel entrance was boss.

johnadah
12-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Call Me Crazy but I have always Liked Chris Masters. When He first came up he was a heel and had a badass intrance. Don't get me wrong I know he sucked in the ring but there was something about him that made me watch. Lately I have noticed he has been improving in the ring as of late. Does anyone else think he might be able so someday be a main eventer or atleast a mid card champ?

I've always liked Masters also. He's always reminded me of Lex Luger, and I was a total mark for Luger when I was younger. Masters has done a very good job as a face. I was surprised when WWE actually stopped the push he was receiving after they started the "booby dance". That's such a ridiculous way to turn a guy face, but it worked. And WWE was pushing him pretty hard immediately after that. I think they dropped the ball by not capitalizing on his popularity at that point.

Thewoodcutter
12-05-2010, 09:19 PM
I've always liked Masters also. He's always reminded me of Lex Luger, and I was a total mark for Luger when I was younger. Masters has done a very good job as a face. I was surprised when WWE actually stopped the push he was receiving after they started the "booby dance". That's such a ridiculous way to turn a guy face, but it worked. And WWE was pushing him pretty hard immediately after that. I think they dropped the ball by not capitalizing on his popularity at that point.
Me too I loved Lex Luger as The Narcissist way back in the day with the mirrors in the ring.

alexrules01
12-05-2010, 09:23 PM
He was getting a pretty good push at the time of the Cena-Angle fued, but he has been on TV more lately, would love to see some Masterlock challenges + wins!

johnadah
12-05-2010, 09:27 PM
Me too I loved Lex Luger as The Narcissist way back in the day with the mirrors in the ring.

The Narcissist angle could have been huge for Luger. That was one very surprising situation involving WWE dropping the ball with a massive guy. I wish he'd been more consistent in WCW though. He was always back and forth between heel and face in WCW, so I don't think most fans were able to get comfortable with him. I think a lot of wrestling fans have a disadvantage because they either want to love the faces or they want to be "rebelious" and root for the heels. When a guy as talented as Luger was is thrown back and forth so frequently, it hinders their ability to establish a solid fan base. Thankfully, WWE hasn't just thrown Masters back and forth that way yet. I wish they would just make him a super face for now. Matter of fact, I wish they would do the same with Tyler Reks, throw them in a tag team, and allow us all to sit back and enjoy as they dominate.

Tommy Thunder
12-05-2010, 09:31 PM
I would love to see him reach main event status as a face, definitely mid-card champ. However, I'm giving him more of a chance to reach main event level as a heel, as he was bad-ass as a heel with his old theme. I like him, and he certainly has improved in the ring lately, adding big power moves such as the spinebuster, samoan drop, and shoulder tackle from the second rope to his move-set. I would like to see him reach the top in WWE, and age is on his side as he is only 27. Who knows, maybe we will see him pushed further up the card in time, at least WWE are giving him a win now and then so he isn't totally jobbing, as a guy of his size and skill shouldn't be jobbing.

johnadah
12-05-2010, 09:36 PM
I would love to see him reach main event status as a face, definitely mid-card champ. However, I'm giving him more of a chance to reach main event level as a heel, as he was bad-ass as a heel with his old theme. I like him, and he certainly has improved in the ring lately, adding big power moves such as the spinebuster, samoan drop, and shoulder tackle from the second rope to his move-set. I would like to see him reach the top in WWE, and age is on his side as he is only 27. Who knows, maybe we will see him pushed further up the card in time, at least WWE are giving him a win now and then so he isn't totally jobbing, as a guy of his size and skill shouldn't be jobbing.

Agreed completely. A man his size should never be jobbing. There's nothing wrong with him doing a job, like losing to Ziggler when they're trying to legitimize Ziggler's IC Title reign (which he deserves). But he should never be jobbing week after week when he is clearly a dominant athlete with notable athletic prowess. The addition of new moves to his repertoire has been great also. It's really nice to see him as more of a three dimensional athlete.

The Brown One
12-05-2010, 09:39 PM

I know he would better as a heel with his entrance and all but since MVP left and Christians injured, Smackdown needs a new upper midcard face. With a push and a decent fued with someone he could fill that spot for a while.

Robstar
12-05-2010, 10:50 PM
I'll just say this about Lex Luger - despite being a solid, well put together('roids) individual, he was absolutely utter shit in the ring.

On topic, I like Masters these days, though I did miss his intitial run. I suppose his problem with the 'roids is enough to compare him to Luger as well as having a slightly ridiculous submission finisher. I mean, come on, the Masterlock is a great heel move, y'know when they won't let go and draw heat that way. Also wasn't he hanging out with Eve for a bit before she heard the (R)Truth? Now there's a diva they have nothing for.
I could see Masters in a heel faction, possibly a tag team. Interesting to see how he does on NXT

Bodom
12-05-2010, 11:11 PM

Bouncing tittys will get anyone to cheer.

johnadah
12-05-2010, 11:29 PM
I'll just say this about Lex Luger - despite being a solid, well put together('roids) individual, he was absolutely utter shit in the ring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IymKCkDJz0Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKM-ApdM9Vs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48WXXMZF9ig

I definitely wouldn't say Luger was "absolutely utter shit in the ring". He was never the caliber of Ric Flair, Sting, Dean Malenko, Bret Hart, etc., but few people can be. He was a decent wrestler and a good entertainer. He was also fortunate because of his size and status to constantly be in the ring with men who understood ring psychology very well and could build a match that helped him look even better.

johnadah
12-05-2010, 11:30 PM
Bouncing tittys will get anyone to cheer.

True. But I prefer them to be on the likes of Kelle Kelly or Mickie James.

The Brown One
12-06-2010, 12:01 AM
True. But I prefer them to be on the likes of Kelle Kelly or Mickie James.

I'd prefer Velvet XD

johnadah
12-06-2010, 12:15 AM
I'd prefer Velvet XD

When it comes right down to it, I'd prefer Gail Kim over any other woman in wrestling. In most cases, over any other two women in wrestling.

The Brown One
12-06-2010, 07:03 AM
When it comes right down to it, I'd prefer Gail Kim over any other woman in wrestling. In most cases, over any other two women in wrestling.

Both wrestling ability and looks? For me that would have to be Lita. She was unique unlike the rest of the rosters who are bimbos.

Taxi Driver
12-06-2010, 11:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P65gw46I2ZQ

CobraNightviper
12-06-2010, 04:19 PM
I liked Luger too but what the hell did I know I was only a little kid and that match from Capital Combat 1990(Ric Flair and Luger)brings back alot of good memories of the nwa and early wcw thanks for the clips.

Robstar
12-06-2010, 04:44 PM
I should have said "In My Opinion" - but hell - I know I am right. Any - ANY - wrestling purist will tell you the same. Clotheslines and press slams do not a wrestler make. The same marks that fell for The Ultimate Warrior, fell for Luger. Yes, I was one of them - when I was 15. I know better now

johnadah
12-06-2010, 05:44 PM
I should have said "In My Opinion" - but hell - I know I am right. Any - ANY - wrestling purist will tell you the same. Clotheslines and press slams do not a wrestler make. The same marks that fell for The Ultimate Warrior, fell for Luger. Yes, I was one of them - when I was 15. I know better now

I don't think it's fair at all to compare Luger to Warrior. Luger was clearly leagues above Warrior in the ring. Again, Luger was not an astounding wrestler in the ring, but he was a DECENT wrestler. Good enough to be acceptable as a contender at the time he was active. Warrior, on the other hand, was absolutely terrible.

Robstar
12-06-2010, 05:55 PM
I don't think it's fair at all to compare Luger to Warrior. Luger was clearly leagues above Warrior in the ring. Again, Luger was not an astounding wrestler in the ring, but he was a DECENT wrestler. Good enough to be acceptable as a contender at the time he was active. Warrior, on the other hand, was absolutely terrible.

Sorry cannot agree. Luger was only a contender as a business decision, when muscleheads ruled the upper echelon.

Bammer
12-06-2010, 07:50 PM
i dont think its fair to compare lex luger to chris masters
but i would like masters to get a midcard push as a face to build him up then a heel turn to put him into the main event

el gabo
12-06-2010, 07:54 PM

He was utter shit IN THE RING. The highlight of his career was bodyslamming Yokozuna.

Robstar
12-06-2010, 08:03 PM
Each to their own, but Luger was hardly what you would call a great ring psychologist. Easy pops and cheap heat. Someone like Stone Cold, who was no great shakes in the ring either, but hell he could work a crowd. If Austin gave you 15 minutes of brawltastic ass whooping action, you'd come away thinking you might have witnessed an all time classic.

CobraNightviper
12-06-2010, 08:39 PM
Yeah but Austin was way better than Luger or Warrior(in my opinion anyway)

IrkenInvader
12-06-2010, 08:41 PM
Yeah but Austin was way better than Luger or Warrior(fact)

Fixed for accuracy.

Thewoodcutter
12-08-2010, 06:00 PM
True The Warrior was putrid in the ring, His press slam was horrible when he dropped wrestlers they hit his shoulders or back on the way down and a splash for someone like him was a horrible finisher.

Robstar
12-08-2010, 06:05 PM
True The Warrior was putrid in the ring, His press slam was horrible when he dropped wrestlers they hit his shoulders or back on the way down and a splash for someone like him was a horrible finisher.

As bad as a legdrop, you might say. Or a Torture Rack (the way he used to jump up and down it always looked like he was constantly trying to get them comfortable up there)

Thewoodcutter
12-10-2010, 01:58 PM
Ohhhhh Yeah The Masterlock Challege is Supposed to be back tonight!

SaberToothTigerz
12-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Ohhhhh Yeah The Masterlock Challege is Supposed to be back tonight!

true against cody rhodes
the mirror obnoxious dashing one vs the stunning big muscled ripped cocky masters
u kno i think wwe is making masters go heel as we speak
u guys saw on nxt season 4 the backstage segment of masters and byron saxton? it was hilarious two guys with big ego's althought in my opinnion masters won the verbal challenge with his rookie he clearly possesses more body mass but saxton has the mic skills.

Thewoodcutter
12-10-2010, 06:03 PM
He needs to be heel and be a bully and go back to that badass entrance.

Bodom
12-10-2010, 06:04 PM
He needs to be heel and be a bully and go back to that badass entrance.

This ^^^^^^^^^^

Rich Cranium
12-10-2010, 06:07 PM
Nah, needs something else, just my opinion but he is....ahhhhhhhh..boring!

Bodom
12-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Nah, needs something else, just my opinion but he is....ahhhhhhhh..boring!

Maybe. But he's still semi-interesting as the cocky heel.