PDA

View Full Version : Big Zeke's Domination

TheBeardOfZeus
12-05-2010, 06:05 PM
As you may not know, i don't get to see wrestling much as I'm at uni with no digital TV but i went home and caught RAW and watched it with my brother.

Now, he absolutely loves Big Zeke, almost man crush loves him, and is basically his new favourite wrestler.

Thoughts on the big man? How far can he go? Do you enjoy his character?

Bodom
12-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Still haven't made up my mind on Zeke. Haven't seen enough of him to cast judgement. He's got the right look so he has a bright a future if he works hard.

TheBeardOfZeus
12-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Still haven't made up my mind on Zeke. Haven't seen enough of him to cast judgement. He's got the right look so he has a bright a future if he works hard.

I like him, i think it's mainly because me and my brother have just been going round all weekend saying "THERE WILL BE NO STOPPIN'"

Bodom
12-05-2010, 06:14 PM
I like him, i think it's mainly because me and my brother have just been going round all weekend saying "THERE WILL BE NO STOPPIN'"

His theme is a great gym song.

TheBeardOfZeus
12-05-2010, 06:16 PM
His theme is a great gym song.

Haha it is, and i think it fits his character perfectly. What do you think to his finisher? Or the twirling of the fist before the clothesline move?

Bodom
12-05-2010, 06:18 PM
Haha it is, and i think it fits his character perfectly. What do you think to his finisher? Or the twirling of the fist before the clothesline move?

The finisher is OK. It's a decent powermove and he's a powerhouse.

The clothesline bit is a neat signature move.

TheDevilsAdvocate
12-05-2010, 06:19 PM
I will be happy with Zeke as long as he adds some more creative powerhouse moves to his already existing move set. I think he has the potential to dominate in the ring like Brock Lesnar did with how he would pick a guy up from the center of the ring an race into the turn buckle with him on his shoulder in a tackle-like fashion, and then just destroy the guy.

Bodom
12-05-2010, 06:24 PM
I will be happy with Zeke as long as he adds some more creative powerhouse moves to his already existing move set. I think he has the potential to dominate in the ring like Brock Lesnar did with how he would pick a guy up from the center of the ring an race into the turn buckle with him on his shoulder in a tackle-like fashion, and then just destroy the guy.

Except Brock had a phenomenal amateur background.

How much do we know about Zeke's background?

TheDevilsAdvocate
12-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Except Brock had a phenomenal amateur background.

How much do we know about Zeke's background?

Very little. But old dogs can always learn new tricks, right?

SilverGhost
12-05-2010, 06:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKFzHvSFOns&feature=related

This right here....is what you call DOMINATION!

TheBeardOfZeus
12-05-2010, 06:27 PM

Agree dude, he improves his moveset a little, and blasts through guys, i can just see others loving this guy as much as my brother does.

TheBeardOfZeus
12-05-2010, 06:36 PM
And SG, THERE WILL BE NO STOPPIN'.

IrkenInvader
12-05-2010, 06:37 PM
From what I've seen this guy, he runs out of gas in 2 minutes.

TheBeardOfZeus
12-05-2010, 06:39 PM
From what I've seen this guy, he runs out of gas in 2 minutes.

Fair point dude, but i think for those 2 minutes he's pretty decent.

SilverGhost
12-05-2010, 06:42 PM
To me....he is just power BUT there is always room for improvement.

TheDevilsAdvocate
12-05-2010, 06:42 PM

With his strength... 2 minutes should be all he needs.

I'm kidding of course! I think he should think of clever ways to reserve his energy during matches. He always comes out as the straight forward QUICK powerhouse, and that takes so much out of him. Add to it that picking up an actual human being is also Energy-consuming.

IrkenInvader
12-05-2010, 06:43 PM
Treadmill.

SilverGhost
12-05-2010, 06:46 PM
With his strength... 2 minutes should be all he needs.

I'm kidding of course! I think he should think of clever ways to reserve his energy during matches. He always comes out as the straight forward QUICK powerhouse, and that takes so much out of him. Add to it that picking up an actual human being is also Energy-consuming.

Psh....I can destroy a car under 1 min 59 secs >.> (jk)

What he needs is cardio and some moves to throw off his opponent. Being all power isn't that good.

IrkenInvader
12-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Psh....I can destroy a car under 1 min 59 secs >.> (jk)

What he needs is cardio and some moves to throw off his opponent. Being all power isn't that good.

SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH.......... what if Vince hears you!

SilverGhost
12-05-2010, 06:50 PM
SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH.......... what if Vince hears you!

F*** Vinnie Mac!

IrkenInvader
12-05-2010, 06:52 PM
F*** Vinnie Mac!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz7zo1BvvA4

MinistryOfDarkness
12-05-2010, 06:55 PM
YOU'RE FIRED! Never gets old.

TheDevilsAdvocate
12-05-2010, 06:55 PM
F*** Vinnie Mac!

You roll that way?

SilverGhost
12-05-2010, 06:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz7zo1BvvA4

I'M NOT FIRED!!! I QUIT!!!!

You roll that way?

Why do people take things out of context these days? >.>

Is there something that you wanna share? xD pronz make you blind xDDD

thejman93
12-05-2010, 07:06 PM
I like Zeke a lot but I worry about him becoming Ultimate Warrior or Goldberg as far as match length is concerned. If he can learn how to be a half decent technical wrestler then he will be amazing.

chaos75
12-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Big Zeke was my pick to win the KOTR tournament, adn is my pick to win the rumble. It's a shame he got that injury cuz' they were really trying to push him with winning the ECW Championship and all.

SilverGhost
12-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Big Zeke was my pick to win the KOTR tournament, adn is my pick to win the rumble. It's a shame he got that injury cuz' they were really trying to push him with winning the ECW Championship and all.

They pushed him for nothing but a push nonetheless.

IrkenInvader
12-05-2010, 07:24 PM
They pushed him for nothing but a push nonetheless.

They didn't want Christian to be the last ECW champ.

SilverGhost
12-05-2010, 07:26 PM

Would Hardcore ECW fans would like to have him as the last ECW champion?

IrkenInvader
12-05-2010, 07:28 PM

No, but do they want some muscle bound moron who's never done an extreme rules match in his WWE career?

Bodom
12-05-2010, 07:30 PM

Did it really matter? The WWECW belt was worthless.

Bodom
12-05-2010, 07:31 PM

Hardcore fans called the whole WWECW a disgrace.

Doubt they really cared.

IrkenInvader
12-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Did it really matter? The WWECW belt was worthless.

Only because WWE treated it like it didn't matter. I liked that belt, I thought it looked cool.

Bodom
12-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Only because WWE treated it like it didn't matter. I liked that belt, I thought it looked cool.

At least when Bobby had it, they pretended to treat it on par with the WWE and WHC

SilverGhost
12-05-2010, 07:32 PM
No, but do they want some muscle bound moron who's never done an extreme rules match in his WWE career?

Christian would fit way better.

IrkenInvader
12-05-2010, 07:37 PM
At least when Bobby had it, they pretended to treat it on par with the WWE and WHC

And thats when they truly stopped trying to be ECW and became WWECW.

thejman93
12-05-2010, 07:38 PM
Hardcore fans called the whole WWECW a disgrace.

Doubt they really cared.

Trust me, We didn't

johnadah
12-05-2010, 07:52 PM
As you may not know, i don't get to see wrestling much as I'm at uni with no digital TV but i went home and caught RAW and watched it with my brother.

Now, he absolutely loves Big Zeke, almost man crush loves him, and is basically his new favourite wrestler.

Thoughts on the big man? How far can he go? Do you enjoy his character?

I don't blame your brother for man crushing on Big Zeke. If I were playing for that team, I'm pretty sure I'd want a man that could protect me by single-handedly defeating Sky Net. As for Zeke as a wrestler, he's clearly a phenomenal specimen. He still has some work to do in the ring though. He needs to develop a better technical proficiency in the ring. It's one thing to be a big guy and have a belt slapped around your waiste because you're huge and strong (i.e., every champion Vince ever wanted). It's an entirely different thing to be that huge of an athlete and still be a genuine wrestler on top of that. And I mean a wrestler's wrestler. That was what made Brock such a great champion. It's what made Scott Steiner a legitimate champion. Zeke is already a beast. Some additional skill in the ring and technically proficiency would put him over the top and would put gold around his waiste.

Bodom
12-05-2010, 07:53 PM
I don't blame your brother for man crushing on Big Zeke. If I were playing for that team, I'm pretty sure I'd want a man that could protect me by single-handedly defeating Sky Net. As for Zeke as a wrestler, he's clearly a phenomenal specimen. He still has some work to do in the ring though. He needs to develop a better technical proficiency in the ring. It's one thing to be a big guy and have a belt slapped around your waiste because you're huge and strong (i.e., every champion Vince ever wanted). It's an entirely different thing to be that huge of an athlete and still be a genuine wrestler on top of that. And I mean a wrestler's wrestler. That was what made Brock such a great champion. It's what made Scott Steiner a legitimate champion. Zeke is already a beast. Some additional skill in the ring and technically proficiency would put him over the top and would put gold around his waiste.

How was Scotty as champion? I never watched WCW back then, I'm curious.

jman
12-05-2010, 07:59 PM
I like him hope he makes something of himself

johnadah
12-05-2010, 08:06 PM
How was Scotty as champion? I never watched WCW back then, I'm curious.

I enjoyed him as WCW Champ. Between Scotty, DDP and Booker T, they really did a good job of putting the belt on the men that truly deserved it in the final days of WCW. It wasn't the absolute best wrestling of his career by the time he finally got the belt, because they wanted to focus more on the powerhouse aspect of his character then anything. But he still had some good matches, like the last episode of Nitro against Booker T and his matches with DDP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYSik5N5OQo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjJdTZ3_zgo

The Brown One
12-05-2010, 08:19 PM
I'd say Big Zeke has a bright future. After the big WWE ME pushes Morrison and Sheamus are getting end and their legit main eventers, Big Zekes bound to be pushed to the moon, since Vince would never miss the oppurtunity to push a big man to a major title.

johnadah
12-05-2010, 08:29 PM
I'd say Big Zeke has a bright future. After the big WWE ME pushes Morrison and Sheamus are getting end and their legit main eventers, Big Zekes bound to be pushed to the moon, since Vince would never miss the oppurtunity to push a big man to a major title.

I'd be inclined to agree, except Vince did neglect to put either the WWE Title or the World Heavyweight Title around the waiste of Lashley. We all know there's been an issue with Vince avoiding putting the big belts on black athletes. As much as Zeke has the size and look that Vince is looking for, we can't forget that he failed to put the belts on Shelton Benjamin, Bobby Lashley and Ron Simmons. Three of the most deserving black athletes to ever grace the company with their physical prowess. I know Vince put the belt back on Booker T, but let's be honest, their was no way for him to avoid that. I just hope Zeke's skin color doesn't end up being the one thing that keeps him from winning the main straps when he certainly deserves them.

The Brown One
12-05-2010, 08:45 PM
I'd be inclined to agree, except Vince did neglect to put either the WWE Title or the World Heavyweight Title around the waiste of Lashley. We all know there's been an issue with Vince avoiding putting the big belts on black athletes. As much as Zeke has the size and look that Vince is looking for, we can't forget that he failed to put the belts on Shelton Benjamin, Bobby Lashley and Ron Simmons. Three of the most deserving black athletes to ever grace the company with their physical prowess. I know Vince put the belt back on Booker T, but let's be honest, their was no way for him to avoid that. I just hope Zeke's skin color doesn't end up being the one thing that keeps him from winning the main straps when he certainly deserves them.

I'd say. Lashley deserved it, he was 1 of the big guys that i actually enjoyed watching dominate because he had longer matches that Goldbergs squashes. And dunno how far Big Zekes go but it would be stupid to not push him just for being dark. Its been 2 weeks of him being face and hes already over with the fans. Did you see when he twirled his fist before he hit that clothesline? They went crazy. Give him a few months and he might be way over. I'd hate to see him not pushed because hes dark that would be racist on Vinces part. I say the world doesn't care about your skin color as long as you can wrestle, you can make a credible champion.

johnadah
12-05-2010, 08:56 PM
I'd say. Lashley deserved it, he was 1 of the big guys that i actually enjoyed watching dominate because he had longer matches that Goldbergs squashes. And dunno how far Big Zekes go but it would be stupid to not push him just for being dark. Its been 2 weeks of him being face and hes already over with the fans. Did you see when he twirled his fist before he hit that clothesline? They went crazy. Give him a few months and he might be way over. I'd hate to see him not pushed because hes dark that would be racist on Vinces part. I say the world doesn't care about your skin color as long as you can wrestle, you can make a credible champion.

In a perfect world, that's the way it would be. I've got a lot of respect for Vince as a businessman, but he has a track record of avoiding black athletes when it come to World Championships. The point of Zeke as a face is interesting as well. Vince also has a habit of making black athletes heels. Kofi has had one of the longest face runs I've seen for a black athlete in the company so far. I think Zeke would be great if he remains a face. As you already mentioned, fans very obviously want to support him. I believe the ovation for Zeke as a face winning a world championship might rival that of Ron Simmons defeating Vader to become the first ever black WCW Champion. (Which was a beautiful moment in wrestling history, and Ron is definitely the most deserving of that honor).

The Brown One
12-05-2010, 11:59 PM
In a perfect world, that's the way it would be. I've got a lot of respect for Vince as a businessman, but he has a track record of avoiding black athletes when it come to World Championships. The point of Zeke as a face is interesting as well. Vince also has a habit of making black athletes heels. Kofi has had one of the longest face runs I've seen for a black athlete in the company so far. I think Zeke would be great if he remains a face. As you already mentioned, fans very obviously want to support him. I believe the ovation for Zeke as a face winning a world championship might rival that of Ron Simmons defeating Vader to become the first ever black WCW Champion. (Which was a beautiful moment in wrestling history, and Ron is definitely the most deserving of that honor).

DAMN right!(no pun intended). I wish Big Zeke all the luck in the world towards winning another major title.

SevenCagedTigers
12-06-2010, 08:30 AM

Not to offend anyone, but I see Ezekiel Jackson as a black Batista. When Batista first came into the company as Dean Batista working for Brother Devon (Who then had a preacher gimmick), Batista was merely steroidal eye candy. The guy looked the part, but he played what was essentially a managerial role, doing nothing but wandering around ringside and looking glum. Big Zeke spent what, a YEAR being Brian Kendrick's bodyguard? Big Zeke did essentially the same thing, he was a "bodyguard" who just wandered around ringside during matches looking angry.

I don't see any reason why Ezekiel Jackson can't be the next Dave Batista, and by that I mean the next steroidal looking poster boy of the company. I thought that Skip Sheffield would be the next Batista given his size. Personally, I'm not impressed by Ezekiel Jackson because he strikes me as someone who, for having been in the company for over two years, has not improved either his mic skills or his arsenal of moves in the ring. I have very little patience for anyone who isn't as obsessive as the Miz was about improving his mic skills. If anyone ever watched the Real World season that the Miz was on, idiot Miz used to cut promos around the house. Sorry, I just can't get impressed by Ezekiel. I don't get a boner for big men the way Vince McMahon does. Ezekiel fails to be entertaining, and thats all that matters.

captainmoonlight
12-06-2010, 09:30 AM
was that really racist?

SilverGhost
12-06-2010, 11:29 AM
Not to offend anyone, but I see Ezekiel Jackson as a black Batista. When Batista first came into the company as Dean Batista working for Brother Devon (Who then had a preacher gimmick), Batista was merely steroidal eye candy. The guy looked the part, but he played what was essentially a managerial role, doing nothing but wandering around ringside and looking glum. Big Zeke spent what, a YEAR being Brian Kendrick's bodyguard? Big Zeke did essentially the same thing, he was a "bodyguard" who just wandered around ringside during matches looking angry.

I don't see any reason why Ezekiel Jackson can't be the next Dave Batista, and by that I mean the next steroidal looking poster boy of the company. I thought that Skip Sheffield would be the next Batista given his size. Personally, I'm not impressed by Ezekiel Jackson because he strikes me as someone who, for having been in the company for over two years, has not improved either his mic skills or his arsenal of moves in the ring. I have very little patience for anyone who isn't as obsessive as the Miz was about improving his mic skills. If anyone ever watched the Real World season that the Miz was on, idiot Miz used to cut promos around the house. Sorry, I just can't get impressed by Ezekiel. I don't get a boner for big men the way Vince McMahon does. Ezekiel fails to be entertaining, and thats all that matters.

Hey look at him xD
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/016/972/MasonRyan_crop_340x234.jpg

Bodom
12-06-2010, 11:31 AM
Hey look at him xD
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/016/972/MasonRyan_crop_340x234.jpg

Id rather have Zeke be the next Batista.

SilverGhost
12-06-2010, 11:33 AM

Lol

Mason isn't good in the ring?

Bodom
12-06-2010, 11:41 AM
Lol

Mason isn't good in the ring?

To be fair, I haven't seen any of his matches.

I just prefer Zeke over him.

Taxi Driver
12-06-2010, 11:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGE6OD6HEG8

johnadah
12-06-2010, 06:30 PM

I'd have to agree with that. Simply for the fact that we've already had Batista. I haven't seen Mason in the ring just yet, so I can't really say anything about his in-ring ability. But I like Big Zeke. He may very well be yet another big power house, but there's just something about him that stands out differently than the guys in the past.

SevenCagedTigers
12-06-2010, 07:11 PM
Hey look at him xD

Lol, thats hilarious!

Hey, when the Big Show Paul Wight first started at WCW he claimed to be Andre the Giant's son and he feuded with Hogan, didn't he? Just imagine this guy comes in claiming to be Dave Batista's son, that could set up a huge fued with John Cena where Cena buries him for being nothing like his father, and he has to struggle to live up to his "father's" legacy. I could see that being enjoyable television.

SilverGhost
12-07-2010, 01:18 AM
Lol, thats hilarious!

Hey, when the Big Show Paul Wight first started at WCW he claimed to be Andre the Giant's son and he feuded with Hogan, didn't he? Just imagine this guy comes in claiming to be Dave Batista's son, that could set up a huge fued with John Cena where Cena buries him for being nothing like his father, and he has to struggle to live up to his "father's" legacy. I could see that being enjoyable television.

Yeeeaaahhhhhhhnnnnoooooooo.

The Brown One
12-07-2010, 02:15 AM
Lol, thats hilarious!

It's been done before and wasn't that great. Doing it with Cena would be even more boring. I'll pass on the idea

The Brown One
12-07-2010, 02:17 AM
was that really racist?

Nah. I'm brown and I dont find that racist. Just disagree with SevenCagedTigers. I say give Big Zeke some time.