PDA

View Full Version : What happens if MVP goes to TNA?

2bluntsup
12-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Will he change his gimmik? Will he be a main-eventer? Who will he feud with? Will it be worth watching?
Thoughts????:confused:

Rich Cranium
12-05-2010, 12:25 PM
I thought MVP was going international?

Robstar
12-05-2010, 01:51 PM
My bet is if he has to change his name it will be something like VIP, ;).

I actually think MVP would be good for TNA and vice versa. He's not a dinosaur and he's competant in the ring, cuts a good promo and doesn't mind a job. Will TNA sign him? How will they use him? I dread to think

teacher_on_da_rampage!
12-05-2010, 02:14 PM
this would be amazing
he can finally show his talent
but his brother is called VIP :(

Bodom
12-05-2010, 02:33 PM
this would be amazing
he can finally show his talent
but his brother is called VIP :(

Oh you mean Victor Imperial Porter? Yeah he should come in.

MinistryOfDarkness
12-05-2010, 04:53 PM
To me, if TNA does decide to pursue him, MVP = Christian. Maybe build him up as a "Winning the TNA World Title is my destiny" type angle. Worked once before with Christian, who was just as over in WWE prior to leaving as MVP was. I would like to see it happen but who knows with TNA...

SilverGhost
12-05-2010, 04:58 PM
He will go back to TNA as the jobber known as Antonio Banks.

Allison
12-05-2010, 05:39 PM
What will happen is my house is.... I'll fast forward through his parts on the tv show.... just like I always have....

CobraNightviper
12-05-2010, 05:42 PM
Antonio Banks?was MPV in tna before?

Bodom
12-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Antonio Banks?was MPV in tna before?

Yeah for battle royals and tag matches. But never had any significant roles.

The Brown One
12-05-2010, 05:47 PM
Sometime next year or by the year after that he'l probably be TNA world champ if he's signed, just like many of WWEs good talent were. I'd hate to see MVP world champ. Hes good, but not amazing.

Bodom
12-05-2010, 05:52 PM
Id rather see MVP go to Japan and have a match with Masa Chono. You can really see the influence Chono had on him.

WRoder89
12-05-2010, 05:58 PM
To me, if TNA does decide to pursue him, MVP = Christian. Maybe build him up as a "Winning the TNA World Title is my destiny" type angle. Worked once before with Christian, who was just as over in WWE prior to leaving as MVP was. I would like to see it happen but who knows with TNA...

Let's be honest, Christian was in the main event match in both RAW and SMACKDOWN in the same week on multiple occassions before he left the WWE for TNA. Look it up. I can't even remember the last time MVP was in the main event match on either show, let alone both in the same week. I know it's not as likely to happen now with further brand separation but I'll substitute main event segment twice within a month on either show. It hasn't happened. To say that MVP was anywhere near what Christian was before he left is inaccurate.

The reason that Christian got that big of a push in TNA was for 1 reason only; he was the BIGGEST name to "jump" from WWE to TNA at that time. A former multi-time IC and Tag Team Champion who was extremely well-known in wrestling. It was unheard of for someone to leave an offer from the WWE on the table to go to TNA, which was essentially still a start-up company. Everybody knew Christian was good enough in the ring, had a big enough following with fans & enough charisma to be a World Champion. He just didn't have "the dominent look" that Vince wanted. TNA gave him an offer and an opportunity, he accepted and the rest is history.

Fast forward 5-6 years later, 1/2 of TNA's roster is ex-WWE. Let's start listing... Hardy, Hogan, RVD, Kurt Angle, Ric Flair, Kevin Nash, Mic Foley, Tazz & Tommy Dreamer (Yes, I count true ECW not WWECW) were all World Champions. Add in Team 3D, Mr. Anderson, Rhino, Stevie Richards, Orlando Jordan, Brian Kendrick, Jimmy Hart, Christy Hemme, Tara & Mickie James and you have multiple time Tag Team, IC, US, Light Heavyweight, Harcore, Womens and Divas Champions. To get the TNA World Title and be from the WWE in today's time, you must be a former World Champion (Angle, RVD & Hardy). Rhino, Richards, Jordan & Kendrick never got a shot at it, probably never will.

If you break down the list between an "A" and "B" list, "A" being former World Champions and "B" list being midcarders, it's pretty obvious where MVP will end up. He was never a World Champion which means he will probably be Antonio Banks (like SilverGhost said) and will be nowhere near the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.

MinistryOfDarkness
12-05-2010, 06:49 PM
Let's be honest, Christian was in the main event match in both RAW and SMACKDOWN in the same week on multiple occassions before he left the WWE for TNA. Look it up.

I do remember watching that, and was a huge fan of it to be honest. Right before he left he was in the main event of Vengeance '05 between him, Chris Jericho and John Cena. A week or so after he had a pinfall victory over Chris Benoit and was just starting to gain momentum then he left. I guess what I mean is that if MVP would have been given the right push, he definately had the fan support to make it big, but that never panned out. The difference is that Christian was given a 'small' chance at the top in '05, and it paid off in TNA soon thereafter.

WRoder89
12-05-2010, 07:30 PM
I do remember watching that, and was a huge fan of it to be honest. Right before he left he was in the main event of Vengeance '05 between him, Chris Jericho and John Cena. A week or so after he had a pinfall victory over Chris Benoit and was just starting to gain momentum then he left. I guess what I mean is that if MVP would have been given the right push, he definately had the fan support to make it big, but that never panned out. The difference is that Christian was given a 'small' chance at the top in '05, and it paid off in TNA soon thereafter.

I guess it's possible if he had the right push. I just haven't been a MVP supporter since they stopped his whole heel gimmick with the tunnel, etc... that he had a few years ago. He just doesn't do it for me on the mic as a face and his ring work just seems a little sloppy over the last couple of months. I don't know for sure but it's almost like he lost his passion for the business and his persona on-screen suffered because of it.

MVP had his chance where the WWE thought he was going to be the "African American" representative in the main event scene when he was winning the IC and US titles but just could never break through to the main event scene. I think Kofi also ruined any chance of a major push. Kofi was viewed as more exciting and energetic then MVP because of his "controlled frenzy". So when WWE management decided to push an "African American" superstar (ex. Orton fued), Kofi was given the nod over a stale face MVP. Unfortunate, because MVP, I believe, is better overall (especially if you watched Kofi's botch fest on Smackdown).

Hesterica
12-05-2010, 11:30 PM
What killed Christian's chances to be pushed to the main event was leaving WWE in the first place. They were pushing him. He was against Cena and other top guys in SD. Then he let his contract expire. Went to TNA. Got the big one. Returned. But now, WWE has no faith in him because he left once before. Not saying he doesn't deserve another try. All am saying is he was almost there.

TheDevilsAdvocate
12-06-2010, 09:39 AM
I think Christian actually complained to Edge shortly after he came back about why he wasn't main eventing yet. It is in Edge's interview with BTLS where he mentioned writing a Childrens book. But Christian was a main WWE attraction during his E&C days an his Un-American days, and his Jericho an Christian days. An quite recently Christian was receiving a slight push, but it was obvious that Del Rio was getting the bigger side of things. Now Christian will either be catapulted to main eventing upon his return or he will just be reduced to mid card all over again with no pushes coming his way. I mean I am fine with whatever they do with him as long as he is not a jobber, and continues to get wins like he was doing shortly before he injured his pectoral muscle.

As for MVP I guess the best thing I could say about the guy is that he did a smart thing. Everytime budget cuts came around I was always like, "Goodbye MVP. Nice knowing ya'." But each year he was always kept on board. I noticed like Chris Masters an the other guys that started around the same time MVP did were turned into stepping stones for up-and-comers, which to me has no true value at all if these guys aren't winning matches. But if MVP went to TNA he would probably take another run as Antonio Banks but not the jobber of his former self, but more so World Championship material. That is if you take the fact that he had been WWE branded under heavy consideration.

Firebrand
12-06-2010, 10:02 AM
I dont think theres any doubt that he'd be a help to TNA if used properly. Thats probably too big an if for TNA to overcome though. But from all the buget cuts TNA is doing right now i dont think they will persue him to a great extent.

sysop
12-06-2010, 04:50 PM
MVP won't be brought into TNA anytime soon. He never worked with Hogan and is too old to know Bischoff's boy. Frankly, I just don't see any reason to bring him in anyways. What does he have to offer to the show? Name one single time in the past you wanted to see MVP win or lose outside of his feud with Matt Hardy? He's not the broomstick, but just not somebody I'd want to see in the main event.