PDA

View Full Version : Matt Morgan v. Jeff Hardy: outcome?

GoldSpirit
12-05-2010, 06:32 AM
Tonight is TNA's "Final Resolution" pay-per-view.
The Main-Event for this PPV is challenger Matt Morgan versus Jeff Hardy for the TNA Heavyweight Championship.
The build-up for this match has been relatively short and was, for all intents and purposes a last minute replacement "feud".
It began when Jeff Hardy hit Ken Anderson in the head with a chair causing Mr. Anderson to be concussed. At the time Mr. Anderson had been the number one contender for Hardy's newly won TNA Title. That all changed when it was decided Anderson couldn't take part in his match against Hardy at the "Turning point" PPV.
This is where Morgan stepped in. As things played out Eric Bischoff and the rest of "Immortal" were going to make Anderson wrestle with the injury. Morgan, who was a part of Ric Flair's "Fortune" group (a part of the larger "Immortal" group) came out against putting Anderson out there with his concussion. This caused split between him and "Fortune"/"Immortal".
Morgan ended up facing Hardy at the PPV. It was a decent match in which The Blueprint fairly dominated Hardy. He, in fact, had him beat for the 3 count but referee Jackson James botched the call on a fake kick-out by Hardy. Hardy was able to get the win and retained the title.
Since that time the feud has only grown. Morgan has been on a one man crusade to stop "Immortal" and replace Hardy as TNA champ. He has fought against Ric Flair and Fortune, winning against Flair and being given the chance to appoint a referee of his choosing at "Final Resolution".
Matt teaseed who he may pick as his ref. Douglas Williams and Rookie Ref Jackson James seemed the front runners until this past weeks "Impact!".
Morgan was beaten down by "Fortune" and was being set up to be concussed by Jeff Hardy when Mr. Anderson hit the ring, lead pipe in hand, and chased off Hardy and company. He then got on the mic and offered his services to Morgan as the ref for his match.
So. Now that we've covered how we came to this match let's talk about what may happen during it.
I have several theories on the subject but I will give you what I believe to be my favorite. This may not be the most likely, indeed it may be the least likely, but follow me.
We are all expecting Hardy to win this. All signs point to that conclusion. In fact, there seems to be no other conclusion... But hear me out.
I believe Matt Morgan will win the TNA world heavyweight title at "Final Resolution".
Why? Two reasons. First, the outcome of this match has seemed, from the beginning, to be self evident. Hardy wins and retains the title. Hardy has a new, personalized belt. Why would the company give a guy a personalized belt if they were going to have him lose it within two months? It doesn't make much sense but here is something not part of the show. Jeff has court this upcoming week. We've all known for a long time that Jeff is facing some serious charges, and from what wemve seen Jeff hasn't been staying on the wagon so to speak. What better time to have him drop the belt... just in case. VERY unlikely, yes... but stranger things have happened.
I'll elaborate more later.
thoughts?

The Brown One
12-05-2010, 07:00 AM
Wow that was a longgggggggggggggggggggggg post!!! Good post though.
I reckon Jeff will walk off scott free in court because hes "famous". So even though i want another champ besides Hardy i don't see it happenin anytime soon. Why else would TNA give him his own personalised belt? They know that hes likely to avoid jail and plan to keep him champ for a long long time unfortunately.

CMhuw24
12-05-2010, 07:17 AM
Hmm very good thread.
Cept i see Jeff retaining, only cause the fact they made him a new title belt, i kinda reckon that makes someone a definate champion for a few months.

westy
12-05-2010, 08:44 AM
Very good post. I too think Hardy will walk away champ. Brilliant how Anderson is back and will be the ref. I liked that on Impact, I'm impressed too with how liked Morgan is now. For a 7ft wrestler he's going a good job.

Can't wait to see this pan out. It has been thrown together quickly, but I think it's been done well.

I'll be watching.

efrum
12-05-2010, 12:50 PM
If Morgan wins i'll eat my hat and paint your house

IPEEINTHESHOWER
12-05-2010, 01:55 PM
I believe Jeff will retain the championship belt. For the simple fact I don't think he will do any "time" for his misdeeds. You see, are legal system works for people with money. I'm not sure if Jeff has a past record but if he doesn't that's also a huge factor in whether he gets prison time. More than likely it will be a 1-2 year suspended sentence and he will be on probation for 2-5 years and pay one hell of a fine. Drug abusers shouldn't get prison sentences, child rapist and murderers should. What Jeff needs is 1 year in stay rehab so he can learn shooting meth isn't the way to get rid of your problems it just adds to them. Having money can buy your freedom just ask a certain person when he tried on a glove and it didn't fit.

U MAD???

SilverGhost
12-05-2010, 02:22 PM
I believe Jeff will retain the championship belt. For the simple fact I don't think he will do any "time" for his misdeeds. You see, are legal system works for people with money. I'm not sure if Jeff has a past record but if he doesn't that's also a huge factor in whether he gets prison time. More than likely it will be a 1-2 year suspended sentence and he will be on probation for 2-5 years and pay one hell of a fine. Drug abusers shouldn't get prison sentences, child rapist and murderers should. What Jeff needs is 1 year in stay rehab so he can learn shooting meth isn't the way to get rid of your problems it just adds to them. Having money can buy your freedom just ask a certain person when he tried on a glove and it didn't fit.

U MAD???

That is a possibilty though. You do know that illegal drugs is a major problem and the US government is making an example out of anyone that is involved. Whether it be smuggling the drugs or doing it......a normal person really has no reason to use them....I think the justice system wouldn't favor much Jeff Hardy. I think he has a disadvantage because I think he has past drug problems......but maybe the money would help him ONLY if his past drug charges are overlooked.

MinistryOfDarkness
12-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Matt Morgan hits Carbon Footprint. Jeff out cold. Fortune runs down and kicks the shit out of Morgan/Anderson. Hardy hits swanton bomb. AJ Styles raises Anderson's hand up and hits the mat 3 times. Your winner and still TNA World champ, Jeff Hardy.