Sabu
New Jack
The Sandman
Raven
Rob Van Dam
Tommy Dreamer

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-04-2010, 01:12 PM
I voted for Cactus Jack. Sadly enough, I didn't get ECW when it was still around so I only have gotten to watch a few stellar matches and promos from there, so I didn't get to see some of these guys (Raven, Dreamer, Sabu, etc) when they were in their primes.

AngrySamoan
12-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Yeah, I didn't get to see ECW for the first time until 1999 when it came on TNN. And even by it's standards it was toned down a bit for tv. I have definitely utilized the power of youtube and other video sites to check out a lot of the great wrestlers from the 70's and early 80's. Such as Terry Funk.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Yeah, I didn't get to see ECW for the first time until 1999 when it came on TNN. And even by it's standards it was toned down a bit for tv. I have definitely utilized the power of youtube and other video sites to check out a lot of the great wrestlers from the 70's and early 80's. Such as Terry Funk.

I use Youtube as well, but they take down A LOT of stuff due to copyright. Dailymotion doesn't take down as much, but I have to dealo with ads every 5 mins. Are there any other sites you recommend?

Thewoodcutter
12-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Another hard one for me. I did get to watch ECW in the beginning, I got it on some weird ass satellite station. I almost voted Sabu, Then It was Funk, but then I got to thinking Of Cactus Jack/Mankind's Japanese death matches and that put it over the top for me.

Rich Cranium
12-04-2010, 03:22 PM
When I saw the title I thought, better have Cactus Jack and Terry Funk on there because that's who I think of when I hear the word hardcore. Terry Funk, your a true badass but I'll have to tip my hat to Foley on this one!

Necroyeti
12-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Gotta be Cactus Jack, with Terry Funk as a close second.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEoT4tf_Uhc
Part2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyCpvEA2eOI)

Bodom
12-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Gotta vote for the Funkster.

Foley is the Hardcore Legend, but he's no Terry Funk

AngrySamoan
12-05-2010, 07:59 AM
Gotta vote for the Funkster.

Foley is the Hardcore Legend, but he's no Terry Funk

Definitely agreed. It's awesome watching a lot of the old Funk matches too. One of the ultimate bad-ass wrestlers of all-time.

el gabo
12-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Gotta go with Mick Foley because I don't there is another wrestler that would of or ever will try those brutal spots like the ones he did in HIAC. Knowing that you're gonna fall 20+ feet into a table...

Kudos to Funk for the barbwire and the fact the he's 100 and still taking shots.

Kashdinero
12-06-2010, 03:43 AM
Wow that's a hardcore list!!

If were taking the term hardcore as "extreme", Garbage type "wrestling" then the most Hardcore Guys (CZW guys, BJPW guys, Onita, Hayabusa...) have been left off. Of those listed I'd go with New Jack. Sick!

But if we're taking hardcore as being willing to go the extra mile night in night out then Mick beats Terry by a broken nose. Funk may of had the longer career but Foley put so much into the first fifteen years of his career that the level of "Hardcore" he reached may never be surpassed.

The Brown One
12-07-2010, 12:18 AM
Wow that's a hardcore list!!

If were taking the term hardcore as "extreme", Garbage type "wrestling" then the most Hardcore Guys (CZW guys, BJPW guys, Onita, Hayabusa...) have been left off. Of those listed I'd go with New Jack. Sick!

But if we're taking hardcore as being willing to go the extra mile night in night out then Mick beats Terry by a broken nose. Funk may of had the longer career but Foley put so much into the first fifteen years of his career that the level of "Hardcore" he reached may never be surpassed.

If CZW then the dude who stuck syringes in the other guys cheeks. That shit looked nastyyyyyy.

Bodom
12-07-2010, 12:23 AM
Surprised Abdullah hasn't gotten any votes

Rich Cranium
12-07-2010, 12:32 AM

Yeah, he's got hardcore boobies that reach around to his back and hang at his waist!

Kashdinero
12-07-2010, 01:59 AM

If this were a thread for who has the most Hardcore Forehead then Abbey would win by an inch of scar tissue and a Fifty pence piece!

Bodom
12-07-2010, 10:54 AM
If this were a thread for who has the most Hardcore Forehead then Abbey would win by an inch of scar tissue and a Fifty pence piece!

Nobody could use a fork like Abdullah

Rich Cranium
12-07-2010, 11:06 AM
He used to hide the forks in the most unusual places...............

Bodom
12-07-2010, 11:22 AM
Its amazing what you can do when you have more fat rolls than Big Daddy V

Splattered-Dreams
12-07-2010, 11:29 AM
The best out of that selection is Tery Funk or New Jack. Need a few more though. Mikey Whipwreck purely because he took landmark beatings

Allison
12-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Mass Transit! o_O

Kashdinero
12-07-2010, 04:21 PM
Mass Transit! o_O

Lol New Jack tried to give that dude brain surgery in the middle of the ring. RIP Mass Transit.

@Splattered. Mikey took some of the worst beatings ever!!!

Still not to sure of the definition of this thread though!?!

tittle97
12-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Had to vote for Sabu. He was so innovative as far as hardcore moves go. The Triple-jump Moonsault, Arabian Face-buster, Arabian Skull-crusher, Air Sabu, staright up throwing chairs in opponents faces. Not to mention BORN TO BE WIRED against Terry Funk. Sabu was just HARCORE, period. He was talented enough in his prime to have an awesome, fast paced unpredictable match with hardcore spots, not just gimmicky hardcore matches.

Necroyeti
12-09-2010, 11:42 AM
BONUS VIDEO: Cactus Jack vs. W*ING Kanemura in a "Caribbean Barbed Wire Spider Net Glass Crash Death Match" in FMW circa 1996.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCtB14LZNAQ