PDA

View Full Version : WWE: Lost art of the Finishing Move

DarkSide
09-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Okay, forget the RKO (Diamond Cutter) for now; but lately I'm not getting excited by anyone's finishing move.

Everyone has a variation of "safe" moves like the spear, DDT or (reversed) complete shot.

Whether it was *snore* the Ultimate Warriors clothelines, the Hogan Legdrop, People's Elbow or the Stone Cold Stunner - they were moves that popped the crowd. But lately I don't get excited by any finish - no-one has a dramatic finishing move anymore.

I miss the days when J.R. yelled, "It's the STONE COLD STUNNER, THE STONE COLD STUNNER, BAW GAWD!!!!!!!

Your thoughts?

Belzova
09-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Those moves were lame.

I think it was just the announcers that made it seem kewl.

But Morrison has a pretty cool move.

DarkSide
09-03-2010, 03:11 PM
But does the crowd pop?

The best moves are the ones you can do way into your career. I would like to see Morrison do that when he is 40 years old. Smart wrestlers use moves with longevity like the Walls of Jericho, Pedigree (heavy on the knees though - and no, I don't like HHH) and Sharpshooter. Flashy moves don't always win the crowd, but it MUST add drama.

Stone Cold was nothing without the Stunner. Everyone hated him, until the first time he hit it on Savio Vega - then the tide turned. Something about it turned the audience. The Rock Bottom and People's Elbow evolved. They were lame at first, but with time - and proper selling - they turned into classics.

Poor MVP is stuck with a finishing move not even Randy Orton could sell when he used it. And the Zig Zag and Skull Crushing Finale is a waste of time as Edge used the Complete Shot years ago as a mid-match move.

The best finishing moves need to relate to the wrestler's build and their personality. David Otunga uses the Spinebuster (or Ron Simmon's Spinebuster) quite well though.

Warmachine
09-03-2010, 03:31 PM
the walls of jericho looks really weak these days, it barely finishers ppl off just jobbers tap to that, a move that wows me is Samoa Joe's muscle buster looks like it'd hurt

Tha Crows Nest
09-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Thats why I prefer a wrestler with multiple finishes. Take AJ for example. I love the Styles Clash but he isnt strong enough to do that on everyone so he also has the Pele' and the Springboard 450. So yeah the Styles Clash is his FInish but both of those moves are high impact enough that they are believable as a finish also.

Incubus_99
09-03-2010, 04:37 PM
i think the RKO gets quite a pop when Randy hits it...him hittin the RKO on Evan Bourne mid air was pretty classic...but if u look at it none of the top guys have an amazing finisher...like someone pointed out, the announcers make a big noise over it...for instance Cena uses a simple Fireman's carry...i mean if ppl can kick out of a suplex...then i don't see y an Attitude Adjustment could put u out...then there is Y2J's Code Breaker...it looks as if Jericho is gettin the worst of it if u kno wat i mean...and then Taker's Tombstone...come on, the guy's head hardly hits the floor at all...I could go on...

Morrision's move is quite awesome...but many a times he hardly lands on the spot...Zig Zag is stupid and so is the Finale thingy that The Miz uses...the subject to this thread is the art of Finishing Moves...but even the legends hardly had a great finisher...Hogan's leg drop was the lamest and look what status he ahs achieved in the busuines...

i think its just me...but i feel that a submission finishing move is more effective that a finisher...don't get me wrong but thats just my opinion...sure there are a few decent finishing moves but a submission will bring u to the edge of u'r seat to see if the opponent is gonna tap or no...for instance The Sharpshooter...Walls of Jericho (though it hardly gets Jericho a win these days)...even Punk stopped using the Anaconda Vice...and for the record...i think Del Rio's got a stupid submission finisher...i really don see how that could make anyone tap out...but what do i kno?...:p...

Tommy Thunder
09-03-2010, 04:52 PM
i think its just me...but i feel that a submission finishing move is more effective that a finisher...don't get me wrong but thats just my opinion...sure there are a few decent finishing moves but a submission will bring u to the edge of u'r seat to see if the opponent is gonna tap or no...for instance The Sharpshooter...Walls of Jericho (though it hardly gets Jericho a win these days)...even Punk stopped using the Anaconda Vice...and for the record...i think Del Rio's got a stupid submission finisher...i really don see how that could make anyone tap out...but what do i kno?...:p...

Punk still uses the Anaconda Vice. he used it on JTG on last week's Smackdown. And Del Rio's submission is awesome IMO! Danel Bryan's crossface is pretty mean too, can't wait to see Miz tap out to that, or the Cattle Mutilation at NOC!!

djsoulslayer
09-03-2010, 04:54 PM
There really isn't much one can do anymore in terms of finishing moves. Most of the basic finishing moves have been taken and that's probably the reason we are seeing so many variations of other moves. Also it not just the move that wows the crowd, it how and when its hit. The crowd doesn't want to be able to see it coming. It's the unpredictability that makes the manuever special. For instance, sweet chin music, rko, stunner, rock bottom. Those superstars would hit their finishers out of nowhere and that's what excited the crowd.

Incubus_99
09-03-2010, 04:55 PM
yes i did see Punk use it on Samckdown...but my point is he doesn't use it often...Daniel Bryan's cross face is quite mean...i'm just waiting for them to start using him properly rather than is a 5 minute match...this kids got talent right...and hes got a following...WWE needs to capitalize and explore possibilities rather than jsut push Cena, Orton and the likes...i just can't wait for the day Daniel Bryan headlines Wrestlemania...

The Pike
09-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Also it not just the move that wows the crowd, it how and when its hit.

My Point exactly. The finisher itself is not really the point. MOSTover the years haven't been the greatest moces. The move has to be sold, not only by the guy giving it but by the guy taking it and most importantly the ANNOUNCE team. The stunner was so great because Austin sold the hell out of it and, if the guy he hit it on did it right it LOOKED awesome but JR's going bat sh*^ crazy over it was what made it seem like an incredible finish...when in all reality it was a guy bending over and jumping backward. (his best? Shane when Shane was drinking the beer... damn good on all fronts.). You can do a youtube search on finishers and see some incredible moves that LOOK like they are going to put a guy out but those moves also endanger the guy recieving them. WWE isn't about to end a guys career prematurely just for a finisher. Orton is smart, his finisher is simple, looks cool, does the job, and he can do it on anyone with very little negative impact on himself. (He also sold the bloody hell out of HBK's Sweet Chin Music... go youtube it.). Anyone, my point is really that it comes down to timing and selling... The move itself CAN be a leg drop and it'll WORK if you implement it correctly. As far as the physical effects of a move
for instance Cena uses a simple Fireman's carry...i mean if ppl can kick out of a suplex...then i don't see y an Attitude Adjustment could put u out... you can get into this discussion... It's like when a guy can wrestle through a 20 minute no DQ, chairshot fest and get up, hit his finisher and win the match...not to mention walk back out of the ring to the lockerroom, but he takes one minor bump while talking in the back or while in the ring on the mic and he doesn't get up for ten minutes or is out for the night. I'll chalk that up to "willing suspension of disbelief...Which you must have in order to really enjoy a wrestling match. Otherwise go watch an MMA match.

n2winlisa
09-03-2010, 07:00 PM
sweet chin music is still one of my all-time favs.

SilverGhost
09-03-2010, 11:39 PM
I think finishers now aren't as dangerous from back then. The finisher I can think is the Tombstone piledriver that gets people off their seat and that is from the Undertaker. The finishers now don't even SOUND good, let alone look good. Cattle Mutilation sounds awesome enough, the move itself is pretty painful. Zigzag on the other hand.....you just pull the guys head back while you jump. Eh....Cattle Mutilation>Zigzag

My idea of a finisher that sounds and looks awesome is Gefion Disturber. (backflip uranage slam from the top rope)

Ruggy
09-04-2010, 05:56 AM
I was always a fan of submission finishers. I mean the Sharpshooter/Scorpian Death Lock, Cobra Clutch, Million Dollar Dream etc. Going back to actual impact finishers I agree The Stunner was sold in such a way it became legendary, in the same league as Hulk's Leg Drop. Most finishing moves are normal moves with a jazzed up name. The Rude Awakening was just a Hangman's Neckbreaker, The Jacknife was simply a bowerbomb, the Razor's Edge was simply a Crucifix Powerbomb, I'm sure you get the idea. I think the idea is to get the finishers name to have something to do with the charactor, the Tombstone is probably the greatest example.

I was always a fan of Plancha's and Shooting Star Press, these were finishers that put people were in awe of.

Undertakerislegend
09-04-2010, 12:59 PM
I am not a fan of Cena, but I prefer FU over Attitude Adjustment. Damn kids

HBKDX
09-04-2010, 01:41 PM
Sweet Chin Music> all other finishers

DirtySteal
09-04-2010, 08:12 PM
I agree with alot of you here. I've been waiting for a thread like this. Rant : Activate.

The days when we used to hear a mighty pop when a finisher was coming up or had just been exucuted are over in my view. Randy Orton is the only person who has a finisher worth doing nowadays, its smooth, quick, simple and effective. He gets it in from nowhere and always has us guessing when he's going to strike. However Orton didnt invent the move (Dimond Cutter) he definatly has added his own spin on it and has made the move famous.

Many finishers nowadays are boring and stale and I think it is a KEY point in the personality and attitude of a superstar which WWE are soon forgetting. If the superstar in question has a good, new, effective and exciting finisher I think this already gives them a head start with the fans. Take Evan Bourne for example, No mic skills, no personality but his in ring abilities are great and his finisher is brilliant. Okay its not a new one so to speak, but every time he gets on the top rope, people pop.

It also angers me to see finishers dumbed down, like Walls of Jericho. It just looks terrible when his opponents tap from that glorified boston crab in todays wrestling, where has the Lion Tamer gone? Now that was a hold that REALLY looks like it (and did) hurt his opponent. It looks shameful when I see Cena's face scrunched up in agonizing pain when he's locked the Walls, only to obviously see that his back and knees are hardly off the ground. I understand selling moves, but come'on at least make the moves LOOK like they hurt before selling.

Speaking of Cena. He has the worst finisher and submition I have ever seen. (It goes hand in hand with his in ring ability) A standing firemans carry slam? really?. I dont even want to get into how annoyed I get when he gets into that superman mode, lifts somone up, tosses them over then locks in that sorry lame excuse of a hold he calls the STF. Okay, I thought they were pretty cool when they were called the FU and STFU, but WWE had its way and took away the only cool part about the moves.

If you ARE going to have a finisher that is boring and has been used, at LEAST put some of your own personality into it. Peoples Elbow, now that was just an elbow drop with a bit of dancing around and running, but my god, it was a finisher than never failed to get a HUGE pop, Heel or babyface. It was his personality and charisma that made that elbow drop what it is today, same with Hogans Leg Drop.

There are hundreds of "Finisher quality" moves out there, hundreds. To see new superstars like Alberto Del Rio come in with an Armbar is just boring and unimaginitive. Thank God for Kaval and Danial Bryan, who have good new finishers, (however I bet that WWE wont let him use the Cattle Mutilation, and if they did I'm sure it will be re-named as the "Jolly Farm Chicken Wing Experience" or somthing PG and stupid.)

Finishers need to improve. Rant Over.

The Pike
09-04-2010, 11:05 PM
(however I bet that WWE wont let him use the Cattle Mutilation, and if they did I'm sure it will be re-named as the "Jolly Farm Chicken Wing Experience" or somthing PG and stupid.)

Haha...GREAT!

I think some great finishers were RVD's 5 star frog splash (which honestly looks like it hurts.) also his Van Daminator and Van Terminator. unreal. The Clothesline from hell... back in the acolyte/APA days it looked like Bradshaw KILLED a couple guys. Punks Go to Sleep. Dudley Boys 3D (original ECW days... I was convinved it could legit kill a guy... and my friend and I put a kid through a windshield with it... oops.) Vistoria's Widows Peak (really I just thought she'd kill someone because, HELL, she's a woman wrestling other women. yikes.) Billy Gunn's Fame-asser... Lame? yes. but effective and came out of nowhere. Shark boys Dead Sea drop is CRAZY. There are other SICK moves out there like the Burning Hammer, Dragon Cyclone press, Ranhei. Shirunui Kai, Reverse Lightening Spiral, Canadian Destroyer, 720 DDT.... there are too many to list.

Cena's Attitude Adjustment... (FU) is only great when he does it to really BIG guys... like Big Show. The same for Lesnar's F-5 (Still incredible when he did that to Big Show...)

eyehatecena
09-04-2010, 11:16 PM
I love the 5 nuckle shuffle, it has the perfect setup and you never see it comming. Oh wait, you do, and its the lamest ass thing I have seen.
Seriously though, the onye ones I like are the RKO, only because he its it out of nowhere at times, like DDP would do, the sharpshooter, Pete Williams old move(Canadian Destroyer is the name I think), Danielsons finnishing move, Jerichos CodeBreaker, Carlitos backbreaker, and pretty much anybodies version of the frogsplash- nowadays the best at that are RVD(of course) and Justin Gabriel)he needs more one on one matches)

AGEOFFALL
09-04-2010, 11:46 PM
Sweet Chin is one of my all time favorites. Also the codebreaker.

SilverGhost
09-05-2010, 01:35 AM
I love the 5 nuckle shuffle, it has the perfect setup and you never see it comming. Oh wait, you do, and its the lamest ass thing I have seen.
Seriously though, the onye ones I like are the RKO, only because he its it out of nowhere at times, like DDP would do, the sharpshooter, Pete Williams old move(Canadian Destroyer is the name I think), Danielsons finnishing move, Jerichos CodeBreaker, Carlitos backbreaker, and pretty much anybodies version of the frogsplash- nowadays the best at that are RVD(of course) and Justin Gabriel)he needs more one on one matches)

When I read the first sentence I was in shock......xD

TNA 'The very best'
09-05-2010, 07:44 AM
You could honestly have a guy punch someone and it could be one of the best finishs of all time, it's all about the crowd reaction, the reason that no one goes crazy in wwe anymore is because all it has is a majority of kids watching not having a clue whats going on,

looked at the Impact zone, or as i like to call them, wwf fans. fans from the attitude era where the crowd made everything. Look how crazy the fans go when jeff goes for a swanton or AJ goes for the pele, It means something to the fans, they understand whats happening, not like the babies of wwe.#

TNA has the best fans around.

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
09-05-2010, 11:04 AM
i noticed that quite a few people do varations of he miz's finisher and now that i have seen it too many times now i think its time wrestlers began to become more imginative or use a rare move i no wwe can limit them to what they can and cant do but they need to get those finshers that get fans excited thees a few like shooting star press, rko, tombtone, 619 stll gets it and a few others but moves like sheamus powerbomb just bore me and we rarely see finshers from the top of the turnbuckle just evan bournes just now. am glad that punk is using the anaconda vice again been years since he used it

SilverGhost
09-05-2010, 11:14 AM
Submission finishers can get people off their seats. Punk with his anaconda vice may be a factor in high profile matches. Bryan also.

IrkenInvader
09-05-2010, 02:06 PM
The RKO and sweet chin music would only really make the crowd pop when they hit out of nowhere. Not when they were calling it in with stomping and fist pounding. The longer it takes to hit the less pop you get. I don't like Cena's character but I still get excited if he catches them in mid air with the firemans carry.

SilverGhost
09-05-2010, 05:02 PM
The RKO and sweet chin music would only really make the crowd pop when they hit out of nowhere. Not when they were calling it in with stomping and fist pounding. The longer it takes to hit the less pop you get. I don't like Cena's character but I still get excited if he catches them in mid air with the firemans carry.

I bet later on we will see that with Wade Barrett with his firemans carry and then Wasteland. Wasteland>Attitude Adjustment

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
09-05-2010, 06:02 PM
I actually want to see more matches finish without using finishing moves, roll ups, hook of the tights, small packages, just moves of pure luck and skill that somehow manage to get you a 3 count from out of nowhere, I hate the fact that everyone always needs to hit their finisher to get a win

SilverGhost
09-05-2010, 06:52 PM
I actually want to see more matches finish without using finishing moves, roll ups, hook of the tights, small packages, just moves of pure luck and skill that somehow manage to get you a 3 count from out of nowhere, I hate the fact that everyone always needs to hit their finisher to get a win

Its called a "finisher" for that reason. To win. Heels, I guess, sometimes do that roll ups but illegally. In WWE's mind, the finishers have to be used. The majority of matches won was by either finishers or doing something spectacular.

AGEOFFALL
09-05-2010, 10:49 PM
I like finishers that need no setup. Finishers that can be hit out of nowhere. RKO, Code Breaker, Sweet Chin Music, etc.

jordo2001
09-06-2010, 12:38 AM
Hey guys, this is my first post, but I was noticing there are a lot of christian fans in here (I am as well) and I'm surprised nobody said the unprettier in here, his move can happen fast (rarely), he has popped it out of nowhere before (also not often) but it does look like a finisher and it is definitely one of my favorites, christian doesn't just have good mike skills and charisma, he has a great move set

SilverGhost
09-06-2010, 12:46 AM
Hey guys, this is my first post, but I was noticing there are a lot of christian fans in here (I am as well) and I'm surprised nobody said the unprettier in here, his move can happen fast (rarely), he has popped it out of nowhere before (also not often) but it does look like a finisher and it is definitely one of my favorites, christian doesn't just have good mike skills and charisma, he has a great move set

I am a Christian fan (as you can see from my posters) but I don't think the Unprettier really counts as a finisher and also it looks that it takes a while to set up and easily countered.

AGEOFFALL
09-06-2010, 01:37 AM
The Unprettier or Kill Switch can also work as a quick reverse in certain situations.

SilverGhost
09-06-2010, 01:49 AM
I know but I don't like the set up.

DarkSide
09-06-2010, 04:59 AM
The Unprettier is an effective stun move. It is a move Christian can hit now or when he is sixty years old and not cause too much damage to his body.

Carlito complained how the backstabber bothered his back and the Tombstone Piledriver is a killer on Taker's knees. Ah well, all for entertainment.

AGEOFFALL
09-06-2010, 06:30 PM
The Unprettier is an effective stun move. It is a move Christian can hit now or when he is sixty years old and not cause too much damage to his body.

Carlito complained how the backstabber bothered his back and the Tombstone Piledriver is a killer on Taker's knees. Ah well, all for entertainment.

So what does that mean fro Randy Orton and the RKO as he gets older. Will he develop back/neck/shoulder problems.

SilverGhost
09-06-2010, 09:34 PM
So what does that mean fro Randy Orton and the RKO as he gets older. Will he develop back/neck/shoulder problems.

He already has shoulder problems. I would be VERY surprised if the RKO makes his shoulders worse.

IrkenInvader
09-06-2010, 09:43 PM
I do backyard wrestling and RKOs don't really hurt my shoulders. But I don't know if it hurts him because his shoulders already have problems.

AGEOFFALL
09-06-2010, 10:42 PM
I do backyard wrestling and RKOs don't really hurt my shoulders. But I don't know if it hurts him because his shoulders already have problems.

Yeah right now. I'm guessing you are not in your 30's/40's. If you are, impressive. But eventually that is going to come back and hurt randy. he says he does that finisher because it requires very little strength, but it might not be so easy latter when he gets older.

SilverGhost
09-06-2010, 10:50 PM
I barely see guys in 40s and 50s doing a cutter.

AGEOFFALL
09-06-2010, 11:02 PM
I barely see guys in 40s and 50s doing a cutter.

yeah exactly how is he gonna keep doing that as he get older.

SilverGhost
09-06-2010, 11:12 PM
yeah exactly how is he gonna keep doing that as he get older.

Maybe Orton should learn a signature submission move?

AGEOFFALL
09-06-2010, 11:51 PM
Maybe Orton should learn a signature submission move?

That would work. Because the punt won't work as a finisher.

SilverGhost
09-07-2010, 12:24 AM
That would work. Because the punt won't work as a finisher.

Maybe it should be the Cobra Clu-no....that won't work....

Austin-Rattlesnake
Orton-Viper
???-Cobra

AGEOFFALL
09-07-2010, 02:34 AM
Maybe it should be the Cobra Clu-no....that won't work....

Austin-Rattlesnake
Orton-Viper
???-Cobra

Boston Crab? Maybe? I just don't see Orton with a submission.

SilverGhost
09-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Boston Crab? Maybe? I just don't see Orton with a submission.

I kinda do but don't know which submission move fits him.

DirtySteal
09-07-2010, 11:55 AM
I can imagine Orton locking in a submission and going all angry and vicious like he does after the RKO, but it'd need to be a hold that suits Orton and looks good, not like a wrist lock or somthing stupid like a sleeper.

SilverGhost
09-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Agreed. It would have to be a submission hold that he can use even when he is old. RKO can only be around for so long.

AGEOFFALL
09-07-2010, 10:46 PM
Okay the problem is which submission?

SilverGhost
09-07-2010, 10:48 PM
Okay the problem is which submission?

That would be Orton's choice. Don't know which honestly.

AGEOFFALL
09-07-2010, 10:56 PM
Figure 4! Wooooooo!

SilverGhost
09-07-2010, 11:01 PM
Figure 4! Wooooooo!

I started laughing out loud!

But no....well..maybe....since there is a certain old man that spazzes out with woos at a certain wrestling show.

AGEOFFALL
09-07-2010, 11:13 PM
Speaking of submissions i don't like how in recent years the Walls of Jericho have been made to look weaker.

SilverGhost
09-07-2010, 11:31 PM
I thought that submission signature moves would go up. Undertaker's Hells Gate was very cool when he applied it.

AGEOFFALL
09-07-2010, 11:57 PM
I thought that submission signature moves would go up. Undertaker's Hells Gate was very cool when he applied it.

the gogoplata!

CMhuw24
09-10-2010, 03:03 AM
I beleive that Drew's Future Shock is a pretty good finisher for show, looks like it would hurt heaps.
Randy's RKO is the only thing that gets us out of our seats these days..

AGEOFFALL
09-10-2010, 03:09 AM
I beleive that Drew's Future Shock is a pretty good finisher for show, looks like it would hurt heaps.
Randy's RKO is the only thing that gets us out of our seats these days..

He's RKO has gotten better in recent years.

DirtySteal
09-10-2010, 01:00 PM
I can imagine Orton with a submition simular to a crossface, but that wouldnt happen cause Bryan's got that now. To be honest I think STF suits Orton alot better than it suits Cena.

I can see his opponent crawling away after the back breaker with him giving it the whole evil snake like look, then droping quickly and violently into the STF while he looks all pissed off and angry like somone has just botched an RKO landing.

Its fun to pretend.

AGEOFFALL
09-10-2010, 03:23 PM
I can imagine Orton with a submition simular to a crossface, but that wouldnt happen cause Bryan's got that now. To be honest I think STF suits Orton alot better than it suits Cena.

I can see his opponent crawling away after the back breaker with him giving it the whole evil snake like look, then droping quickly and violently into the STF while he looks all pissed off and angry like somone has just botched an RKO landing.

Its fun to pretend.

I think it works better on Orton.

CMhuw24
09-10-2010, 07:42 PM
Orton with the STF would be great as when he goes into that "trance" he looks like he's ready to kill.

MrNolan
09-10-2010, 08:29 PM
I dunno why but i am not impressed by Randy's RKO. He is one of my top 3 fav wrestlers but I hate the way he performs the move. DDP did it with style and outta nowhere. You would almost never see it coming and then BAM DIAMOND CUTTER (Bobby Henan voice). Another move I think was performed better back in the day is the spear. There is nobody that has been able to make the spear look as awesome as Goldberg did. If you can't match the greats, don't bother using their moves!

SilverGhost
09-10-2010, 09:29 PM
If you can't match the greats, don't bother using their moves!

I am just going to say that this is kinda flawed.

SilverGhost
09-10-2010, 09:30 PM
Orton with the STF would make worlds of sense. xD

DXsuckit
09-10-2010, 10:31 PM
yes it is hard to get the crowd pumping but going to that these moves always seem to get the crowd going, wall of jerico, stf, RKO, boot to the face, AA, chokeslam airborn, 450, and some others that i probably forgot. as going off of wat exits me your right not many do besides the RKO and thats because you never know when its coming. othewr moves you can instantly tell if they gret locked on or actually happen or they get to the ropes or they counter it. is miss those days as well... but 2 moves make me get up outa my chair they are SCM sadly never gonna be seen again,,, and the pedigree i always get excited about those.

DXsuckit
09-10-2010, 10:36 PM
as to haveing orton with a finisher picture this. the opponent is shakin then orton grabs then backbreaker on the knee then keepos then on his knee whil pulling there arm and leg down and back hard like a viper sinking its teeth into prey works right. he needs a knee submission somthing that works onto his snake persona

Tha Crows Nest
09-10-2010, 11:30 PM
I want to see someone bring back the TrailerHitch that Jamie Noble did for a brief time. That submission is painful as hell and it looks great.

AGEOFFALL
09-11-2010, 02:34 AM
I want to see someone bring back the TrailerHitch that Jamie Noble did for a brief time. That submission is painful as hell and it looks great.

That did look painful.

SilverGhost
09-11-2010, 11:41 AM
When I look at WWE now, some of the good wrestlers have both a finisher and signature submission, so Orton should get a submission too since it fits. Cena, Taker, and Jericho have both. Finishers and Submissions.

DirtySteal
09-11-2010, 05:55 PM
As awesome as the Trailer Hitch was, I dont think it would suit Orton and I think he's a bit too lanky to be able to get it in.

I'd love to see Orton do the A.T Lock.

AGEOFFALL
09-12-2010, 12:13 AM
yes it is hard to get the crowd pumping but going to that these moves always seem to get the crowd going, wall of jerico, stf, RKO, boot to the face, AA, chokeslam airborn, 450, and some others that i probably forgot. as going off of wat exits me your right not many do besides the RKO and thats because you never know when its coming. othewr moves you can instantly tell if they gret locked on or actually happen or they get to the ropes or they counter it. is miss those days as well... but 2 moves make me get up outa my chair they are SCM sadly never gonna be seen again,,, and the pedigree i always get excited about those.

Pedigree = eh. not that exciting nowadays

miraistreak
09-12-2010, 02:53 AM
Orton Submission?

What about a Bow an Arrow like submission? The Amateur version is similar to the STF but still a different move, just imagine Randy's pissed off rage face with it.

Two Chicks in Bikini
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyMLkCWJNQ4

Amateur Wrestling Bow and Arrow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA0ZmMe_FbI&feature=related

CM Punk Bow and Arrow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwzTIYAsxxc

SilverGhost
09-12-2010, 06:47 AM
Orton Submission?

What about a Bow an Arrow like submission? The Amateur version is similar to the STF but still a different move, just imagine Randy's pissed off rage face with it.

Two Chicks in Bikini
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyMLkCWJNQ4

Amateur Wrestling Bow and Arrow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA0ZmMe_FbI&feature=related

CM Punk Bow and Arrow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwzTIYAsxxc

I like it but the problem is that move won't make people jump off of their seat and yell out "TAP OUT TAP OUT TAP OUT!"

Think about moves such as the Crossface or Ankle lock.

DXsuckit
09-12-2010, 12:14 PM

Ya but as you could probably tell im a fan of DX so i like it, its fun to watch.

SilverGhost
09-12-2010, 01:02 PM

This is true. I think it went down when Cena sold it poorly.

AGEOFFALL
09-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Ya but as you could probably tell im a fan of DX so i like it, its fun to watch.

It isa good move but there are much more exciting finishers nowadays.

IrkenInvader
11-18-2010, 01:06 PM
Like the Cobra!