PDA

View Full Version : Teenage pro wrestling, something that is not backyard wrestling

Jay Gravity
12-03-2010, 11:33 PM
What would your thoughts be on teenage pro wrestling. It wouldn't be backyard wrestling, it would be just like pro wrestling, teenager's trained and everything. But there would be no blood or steel chair shots to the head (protected or unprotected).

Your thoughts?

Bodom
12-03-2010, 11:35 PM
My thought would be that no state government would allow this.

Jay Gravity
12-03-2010, 11:39 PM
man right now (and no disrespect at all) but i dont think anyone give's a damn about what the government thinks.

Bodom
12-03-2010, 11:42 PM
Of course not. But Independent Wrestling Promotions need to go through a licensing process with their State Government. And nobody would sanction this. Just realistic.

IrkenInvader
12-03-2010, 11:46 PM
Thats what I did with my friends. We trained each other, how to land flat, how to do each of the moves right. We were careful, didn't do anything that we wern't sure we could do and not get injured. The only injury was early on when we were still green, I did an armbar to quickly for my cousin to react and I dislocated a bone in his fore-arm. He didn't notice it for 3 days, went to a Doctor, 30 seconds later he walked out arm in place. He was wrestling 4 days later without a problem.

Bodom
12-03-2010, 11:49 PM
What's the minimum age for most wrestling instructors?

Jay Gravity
12-03-2010, 11:55 PM
If you mean what age the instructer wants, when i was being trained, it was 16 years old.

Bodom
12-03-2010, 11:58 PM
And to actually wrestle at a local show? Whats the wrestling license process like?

When you're young i'v heard it's strict.

Jay Gravity
12-04-2010, 12:05 AM
To work a show, they would like 18 years old since thats not a minor age. But depending on how you do in wrestling training maybe 17. The wrestling license process i have no idea. Yes it is strict, especially when your green and young. The company i was with had a strict policy for high schoolers. If you start failing classes, then that more hack squats than we normally did.

Necroyeti
12-04-2010, 02:04 PM
No one would want to see it, because teenagers would likely be green as fuck spot monkeys. Plus it generally isn't the greatest idea ever to risk serious injury while your body is still developing. Better to stick to the training.

The Brown One
12-04-2010, 06:18 PM
No one would want to see it, because teenagers would likely be green as fuck spot monkeys. Plus it generally isn't the greatest idea ever to risk serious injury while your body is still developing. Better to stick to the training.

Everyones gotta start somewhere

Necroyeti
12-04-2010, 06:25 PM
That somewhere should be the dojo.

preferably YEARS before being in front of an actual paying audience.

IrkenInvader
12-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Everyones gotta start somewhere

As long as you go slow at first and don't do anything that is to dangerous. No CZW matches!

Bodom
12-04-2010, 07:03 PM
That somewhere should be the dojo.

preferably YEARS before being in front of an actual paying audience.

True. I don't want to pay money to some douche bag kids goof off. or see a 20 different Teddy Hart imitators.

Jay Gravity
12-04-2010, 07:09 PM
As long as you go slow at first and don't do anything that is to dangerous. No CZW matches!

Now my friend, you have the right idea.

SilverGhost
12-04-2010, 07:55 PM

It wouldn't be right when teens stick needles in their mouths on what Necro showed us.

That was.....disturbing.

Mint Berry Crunch
12-04-2010, 11:37 PM
It wouldn't be right when teens stick needles in their mouths on what Necro showed us.

That was.....disturbing.

That isn't wrestling, thats attempted murder.

The Brown One
12-06-2010, 07:39 AM

Good God that stuff isn't wrestling its just a competition to see who can bleed the most.

IrkenInvader
12-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Good God that stuff isn't wrestling its just a competition to see who can bleed the most.

Someday one of them is going to die and I won't be surprised. The media is gonna go crazy over it and all of wrestling is going look bad. If they cared about the wrestling biz or cared about what wrestling actually is then they would shut themselves down.

The Brown One
12-07-2010, 05:49 AM
Someday one of them is going to die and I won't be surprised. The media is gonna go crazy over it and all of wrestling is going look bad. If they cared about the wrestling biz or cared about what wrestling actually is then they would shut themselves down.

Yeah. And I'm surprised they have the cash to go for so long...how the hell?