PDA

View Full Version : Drill SGT McMahon and his Announce Team!

Rich Cranium
12-03-2010, 03:54 PM
I have heard many stories as I'm sure you all have about Mr. McMahon producing his announcers. I hear he swears and screams on a normal basis via the announcing teams headsets. What do you think he is saying? What kind of affect does it have on the announcers ability to call a match when you have Drill SGT McMahon screaming at you?

Scottland
12-03-2010, 05:20 PM
I've heard many announcers say it's extremely hard to deal with just ask Michael Cole, Todd Grisham, Matt Striker even Mick Foley who said it was unbearable. All these guys have had hardship put against them by McMahon. Problem is I think Vince thinks he was the be all end all of announcers in wrestling & only he could truly do the job (I'm sure the egocentric McMahon believes it too) which is probably why he doesn't want Jim Ross around because JR excels beyond McMahon in every way in the announcers booth. Really though, being an announcer is not by any means an easy undertaking in the WWE & you really have to be a storyteller something of which JR was & is now missing in the announcers booth. There is more to a WWE announcer then just a play-by-play commentary you have to tell a story.

el gabo
12-03-2010, 05:26 PM
I would tell him to STFU and be unemployed...

But, seriously I really give credit to Michael Cole and the rest in fact, for putting up with this shit of someone screaming and cursing at them. The inside jokes and more laid back commentary they are having lately seems a lot better. It seems a lot more fun for them and I get some laughs too

Rich Cranium
12-03-2010, 05:51 PM
Yeah, Triple H was in the producer position in England while McMahon was stateside and the announcers felt like it was a breath of fresh air because Triple H didn't interject himself so much and often waited until break to voice his opinion.

RomanFlare
12-03-2010, 05:57 PM
As someone who works as a camera man for a local baseball, I know I get angry quickly when my boss starts bitching at me to do this and that, but I can't imagine the pressure those announcers must feel with the CEO literally screaming in their ear for an entire live broadcast.

That being said, if its getting us Punk's commentary, I don't know if I wanna see it changed...

SilverGhost
12-03-2010, 06:03 PM
McMahon to Cole's headset: SAY VINTAGE DAMMIT!

jcagosto
12-03-2010, 07:39 PM
McMahon to Cole's headset: SAY VINTAGE DAMMIT!

That's hilarious, haha.

thejman93
12-03-2010, 08:02 PM
As someone who works as a camera man for a local baseball, I know I get angry quickly when my boss starts bitching at me to do this and that, but I can't imagine the pressure those announcers must feel with the CEO literally screaming in their ear for an entire live broadcast.

That being said, if its getting us Punk's commentary, I don't know if I wanna see it changed...

I have a feeling Punk's wittyness is from his own head and not from VKM

Bodom
12-03-2010, 08:11 PM

Seriously.

Rich Cranium
12-03-2010, 08:11 PM

I agree Punk is being himself and is given much slack.

thejman93
12-03-2010, 08:16 PM
I agree Punk is being himself and is given much slack.

Vinny couldn't be that funny if he tried

Thewoodcutter
12-03-2010, 08:20 PM

Only when Stone Cold is making him piss his pants.

thejman93
12-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Only when Stone Cold is making him piss his pants.

lol yeah, As you can see by the sig Stone Cold was one of my favorites

el gabo
12-03-2010, 10:29 PM

Actually Vince is a crzy motherf*er. I read an interview with him and he actually took a powernap during the interview. Funny ass stuff.

Bodom
12-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Actually Vince is a crzy motherf*er. I read an interview with him and he actually took a powernap during the interview. Funny ass stuff.

That's not crazy. That's just being old.

SaberToothTigerz
12-04-2010, 09:49 AM
how does it feel?
damn i dont even wanna find out
i think triple H is more calm and strategic than vince when it comes to run a show im not saying vince is bad he may just snap and get his face all red from screaming to todd grisham and matt striker oh and josh matthews, i think developing young wrestlers is a good idea but the old guys that have been on the announce table call it better than guys with no charisma like josh striker and todd bring back good ole JR this feud between cole and king might just do that make cole be at sd with punk untill royal rumble and put king with jr back on raw

Rich Cranium
12-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Yeah, I'm not a Josh Todd fan and I am ok with Striker but no one compares to JR and yes he and King have a chemistry but Vince is trying to cater to a younger audience so I guees he wants younger announcers?

el gabo
12-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Yeah, I'm not a Josh Todd fan and I am ok with Striker but no one compares to JR and yes he and King have a chemistry but Vince is trying to cater to a younger audience so I guees he wants younger announcers?

Everyone has to be replaced some time. So yeah.

SaberToothTigerz
12-04-2010, 11:45 AM
Everyone has to be replaced some time. So yeah.

yea we all know that but jr can still holds his boots.

Rich Cranium
12-04-2010, 11:51 AM
yea we all know that but jr can still holds his boots.

Yes, JR can and he is sorely missed, but he's not the pope who keeps his job until he dies.

SaberToothTigerz
12-04-2010, 11:57 AM
Yes, JR can and he is sorely missed, but he's not the pope who keeps his job until he dies.

no xD but he's not over 80 yet