PDA

View Full Version : Miz > Morrison?

Xpacfan
12-03-2010, 10:25 AM
So, after reading the thread about people's opinions on a Miz vs. Morrison world title main event on the Wrestlemania card, it left me wondering...

Is the general consensus on this board that Miz is a better wrestler AND entertainer than John Morrison?

Personally, I think that's as big of a joke as someone's previous comparison to Miz and Chris Jericho! John Morrison is 5 times the "Superstar" as Miz imo and I find a bit ridiculous that so many people say that he isn't ready for the main event scene but somehow Miz is. Morrison's the total package and isn't being properly pushed while a corny ass Miz is being shoved down people's throats due to his previous popularity on reality TV!

el gabo
12-03-2010, 10:54 AM
So, after reading the thread about people's opinions on a Miz vs. Morrison world title main event on the Wrestlemania card, it left me wondering...

Is the general consensus on this board that Miz is a better wrestler AND entertainer than John Morrison?

Personally, I think that's as big of a joke as someone's previous comparison to Miz and Chris Jericho! John Morrison is 5 times the "Superstar" as Miz imo and find a bit ridiculous that so many people say that he isn't ready for the main event but Miz somehow is. Morrison's the total package and isn't being properly pushed while a corny ass Miz is being shoved people's throats due to his previous popularity on reality TV!

Morrison still needs to improve his talking skills. Miz is light years above him in this department.

Morrison on the other hand is a far better wrestler. Goes to show what "wrestling" has become.

What you can do in the ring is second to what you can do with a mic. That sucks.

Rich Cranium
12-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Morrison still needs to improve his talking skills. Miz is light years above him in this department.

Morrison on the other hand is a far better wrestler. Goes to show what "wrestling" has become.

What you can do in the ring is second to what you can do with a mic. That sucks.

Very true that you can be the greatest wrestler in the world but if you lack mic skills, you might take a backseat to someone with less in ring talent but better mic skills.

Xpacfan
12-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Really? So what about his heel turn during his time in ECW? Or even before he won that championship or formed a tag team with Miz? He was able to draw a lot of heat from the crowd. It just seems like the WWE doesn't know what to do with him as a face, but I definately remember his mic skills being on point as a heel.

And what of former champions like the Great Kali and Masked Kane? Kali can't even speak english and Kane held the title and stayed in the main event scene for years without ever speaking a word.

Mic skills aren't everything and these guys prove that it is very possible to have the World Title and lack them. Morrison has far better mic skills than them, so its no excuse...

Taxi Driver
12-03-2010, 11:38 AM
WWE is retarded.

Taxi Driver
12-03-2010, 11:40 AM
And I voted for Morrison.

PersonalPet98
12-03-2010, 12:18 PM
Amen brother, far as i'm concerned this isn't wrestling, it's a joke reality show and an experiment in torture. And Miz is a sorry skunk of the first order..........

shanethewolf
12-03-2010, 12:38 PM
Have WWE forgot the purpose of managers and valets? There have been a lot of top guys with lousy mic skills, but they've had their managers do the talking for them, while the wrestlers do their talking inside the ring.

People like Bobby Heenan, Ted Dibiase sr, Jim Cornette, Fuji, Sherri, Sunny and Jimmy Hart did a great job of getting over either big guys or guys with little charisma. Plus, by cheating and helping their wrestlers win over babyfaces, they helped draw a lot of heat.

Mr Perfect and Shawn Michaels are, in my opinion, the two best WWF stars of all time, but even they had Heenan and Sherri to help them during their breakout days and as hated as they were, they drew even more heat when their managers got involved and helped them cheat.

This whole attitude WWE has of only rewarding wrestlers who have mic skills is one of the reasons wrestling is a dying art. When an athlete of Morrison's calibre has less chance of success than a glorified reality star, then it really shows the flaws of "sports entertainment".

Taxi Driver
12-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Who voted for the Miz?

chunkkynutzzz
12-03-2010, 12:51 PM
Its morrison own fault that he hasn't improved...cuz in miz case u can tell he been tryin to be get into his character...morrison is the better athlete ..but miz is the better on entertainer... Blame morrison ...

The_useless_Jester
12-03-2010, 01:22 PM
Its actually a joke of a question... The miz may have some amazing heat garnering talent and some pretty good mic skill, but he lacks a deep or even decent wrestling arsenal. He may be able to perform in matchs but I can't really see him extending his reach by beating the top guys...

Even Cena had a way to wrestle in any kind of match... He could look good in any situation. I just dont see how miz could do that against people that are taller or bigger... it doesnt seem conceivable....

johnadah
12-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Very true that you can be the greatest wrestler in the world but if you lack mic skills, you might take a backseat to someone with less in ring talent but better mic skills.

Case in point being the fact that Dean Malenko and Fit Finlay never held the World Heavyweight Championship.

The Gravefilla
12-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Plain and simple its like this. The Miz is far better on the mic than Morrison. Morrison is better in the ring than the Miz.. But when it comes to who the bigger superstar is there is only one choice and that is the Miz. Since the two have split from there Tag Team days. Morrison went to Smackdown and won the IC title on one occasion and then was trade back to RAW. Where as the Miz has been on the A-show since the split and has become the US Champion Mr. Money in the Bank and the WWE Champion. Now from my opinion until Morrison wins a world title or at least has a good feud for the title and Main Events a PPV than the Miz is the bigger superstar.

el gabo
12-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Case in point being the fact that Dean Malenko and Fit Finlay never held the World Heavyweight Championship.

Heard that Malenko had an issue with his heart these days. hope he gets better. Man I loved watching that guy in WCW specially. He would reverse ANY move or lock. Plus he had the texas clover-leaf, Awesome submission.

Xpacfan
12-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Plain and simple its like this. The Miz is far better on the mic than Morrison. Morrison is better in the ring than the Miz.. But when it comes to who the bigger superstar is there is only one choice and that is the Miz. Since the two have split from there Tag Team days. Morrison went to Smackdown and won the IC title on one occasion and then was trade back to RAW. Where as the Miz has been on the A-show since the split and has become the US Champion Mr. Money in the Bank and the WWE Champion. Now from my opinion until Morrison wins a world title or at least has a good feud for the title and Main Events a PPV than the Miz is the bigger superstar.

You have to give someone the mic and the opportunity to prove they are the better superstar. Like many other great superstars on their roster (i.e. Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne, MVP), the WWE began giving Morrison a major push and then stopped! I really think a lot of people forgot about his ECW championship reign and his initial heel turn as a singles competitor (prompting him to change his name from Nitro to Morrison). Even when tagging with Miz, he was the more dominant member of the team.

Its morrison own fault that he hasn't improved...cuz in miz case u can tell he been tryin to be get into his character...morrison is the better athlete ..but miz is the better on entertainer... Blame morrison ...

Not true. You can't blame a guy for not cutting the promos he isn't being allowed to do. WWE just simply stopped pushing him because they found it more profitable to push Miz given his background in reality tv

Have WWE forgot the purpose of managers and valets? There have been a lot of top guys with lousy mic skills, but they've had their managers do the talking for them, while the wrestlers do their talking inside the ring.

People like Bobby Heenan, Ted Dibiase sr, Jim Cornette, Fuji, Sherri, Sunny and Jimmy Hart did a great job of getting over either big guys or guys with little charisma. Plus, by cheating and helping their wrestlers win over babyfaces, they helped draw a lot of heat.

Mr Perfect and Shawn Michaels are, in my opinion, the two best WWF stars of all time, but even they had Heenan and Sherri to help them during their breakout days and as hated as they were, they drew even more heat when their managers got involved and helped them cheat.

This whole attitude WWE has of only rewarding wrestlers who have mic skills is one of the reasons wrestling is a dying art. When an athlete of Morrison's calibre has less chance of success than a glorified reality star, then it really shows the flaws of "sports entertainment".

He had Melina, remember? She didn't even have to do much talking for him to be over with the crowd though. He was more over without her on ECW imo.

Bodom
12-03-2010, 01:58 PM
No secret who i'll vote for. lol

AceOfSpades
12-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Morrison is by FAR the most talented and more productive of the two. Without Morrison, There would be NO Miz! Need I remind everyone that Morrison was already establish before he teamed with Miz. His numerous tag title reigns, which was probably one of the longest reigns after Kendrick and London. He was sent to RAW and won the IC title, not once but TWICE. Then was sent to ECW and won the ECW Championship!!!! and then Miz joined Morrison's success. After the infamous split between them, Morrison has won the IC title again, Miz won the US and other tag titles and ultimately the WWE Championship. Miz has been pushed and pushed and pushed over and over again, whereas Morrison gets pushed and it abruptly stops, gets pushed and gets drafted to RAW, gets pushed and gets injured. Had Morrison got the magnitude of a push Miz has gotten...he would have be WWE or World Champ a long time ago, but he was an ECW Champ way before Miz got the WWE Championship.

So clearly, Morrison is and has ALWAYS been the better guy here. and for those who says he needs to work on his mic skills, he doesn't. Granted he isnt on CM Punk's level or Jericho's but he isnt the worse. Miz's mic skills aren't all that great either, he's just does it well but not great like CM Punk and Jericho!

Like the post said earlier, Morrison doesnt get the mic as often as The Miz...so how do you expect a person to get better at something if you aren't allowing one to do that thing????

SgtGohan
12-03-2010, 03:00 PM

Same here, although no disrepect meant to Morrison cuz i think he is meant for greatness

Xpacfan
12-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Morrison is by FAR the most talented and more productive of the two. Without Morrison, There would be NO Miz! Need I remind everyone that Morrison was already establish before he teamed with Miz. His numerous tag title reigns, which was probably one of the longest reigns after Kendrick and London. He was sent to RAW and won the IC title, not once but TWICE. Then was sent to ECW and won the ECW Championship!!!! and then Miz joined Morrison's success. After the infamous split between them, Morrison has won the IC title again, Miz won the US and other tag titles and ultimately the WWE Championship. Miz has been pushed and pushed and pushed over and over again, whereas Morrison gets pushed and it abruptly stops, gets pushed and gets drafted to RAW, gets pushed and gets injured. Had Morrison got the magnitude of a push Miz has gotten...he would have be WWE or World Champ a long time ago, but he was an ECW Champ way before Miz got the WWE Championship.

So clearly, Morrison is and has ALWAYS been the better guy here. and for those who says he needs to work on his mic skills, he doesn't. Granted he isnt on CM Punk's level or Jericho's but he isnt the worse. Miz's mic skills aren't all that great either, he's just does it well but not great like CM Punk and Jericho!

Like the post said earlier, Morrison doesnt get the mic as often as The Miz...so how do you expect a person to get better at something if you aren't allowing one to do that thing????

^ That's all I'm trying say man...That's all I'm trying say...

Bodom
12-03-2010, 03:19 PM
Same here, although no disrepect meant to Morrison cuz i think he is meant for greatness

Oh ofcourse. Not taking anything away from Morrison. Both are great in their own right.

I just prefer my man Miz :)

Thewoodcutter
12-03-2010, 03:57 PM
The Miz is great, one of my favs right now but just wait till JoMo wins the world championship belt and i'ts gonna happen. I just hope these 2 fued off and on for the next couple of years.

SevenCagedTigers
12-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Morrison's the total package and isn't being properly pushed while a corny ass Miz is being shoved down people's throats

I personally believe that Morrison is the "corny ass". Have you ever HEARD a John Morrison promo? He speaks in song lyrics. Thats his gimmick, he is a Jim Morrison rip-off. I personally find a John Morrison promo unbearable. I would rather listen to the Miz make fun of the Nightmare Child and tell people they'll never fulfill their dreams all day. Hilarious.

SevenCagedTigers
12-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Really? So what about his heel turn during his time in ECW? Or even before he won that championship or formed a tag team with Miz? He was able to draw a lot of heat from the crowd. It just seems like the WWE doesn't know what to do with him as a face, but I definately remember his mic skills being on point as a heel.

And what of former champions like the Great Kali and Masked Kane? Kali can't even speak english and Kane held the title and stayed in the main event scene for years without ever speaking a word.

Mic skills aren't everything and these guys prove that it is very possible to have the World Title and lack them. Morrison has far better mic skills than them, so its no excuse...

To counteract your point, Masked Kane held the World Heavyweight Championship literally for one day. One day. He lost it the next night to Stone Cold in a rematch, so that goes to show how much the WWE values non-speaking performers. And the Great Khali was shoved down our throats because the WWE likes to push guys who have an iconic look, i.e. Khali, Andre the Giant, Big show. Big guys get a free pass when it comes to the mic skills department, its the smaller guys that need to stand out. I think thats apparent.

SevenCagedTigers
12-03-2010, 04:12 PM

Thats why I said a week ago Morrison needs a valet and he needs to turn heel. But I think the WWE is trying to turn him into a fan-favorite performer like Rey Mysterio is. Its sad, but when youre a good performer and the fans enjoy your matches, the writing team is content to just let you do your thing without any storylines or direction. If the fans are eating your matches up, it becomes a "squeaky wheel gets the grease" scenario, and Morrison is doing just that.

I aggree with everything you wrote on this post.

SevenCagedTigers
12-03-2010, 04:16 PM

Man, I can't wait to see them get rid of that non-spinning spinner belt. Wtf is the point of a spinner belt if it doesn't spin? Miz is gonna draw so much heat from little kids when he gets rid of Cena's little prop-toy. I love the fact that even when Cena is fired, Miz's campaign against Cena and everything Cena represents will continue.You have to aggree, the world needs Miz.

Xpacfan
12-03-2010, 04:45 PM
To counteract your point, Masked Kane held the World Heavyweight Championship literally for one day. One day. He lost it the next night to Stone Cold in a rematch, so that goes to show how much the WWE values non-speaking performers. And the Great Khali was shoved down our throats because the WWE likes to push guys who have an iconic look, i.e. Khali, Andre the Giant, Big show. Big guys get a free pass when it comes to the mic skills department, its the smaller guys that need to stand out. I think thats apparent.

I'm not referancing the length of his title reign, but rather the fact that he actually held the title and still competed in the main event scene despite of his complete lack of mic skills.

Chris Benoit (a multi time world champion) is another example...great in ring performer but not the best guy to cut even a decent promo. Chris Jericho use to tease him about that fact whenever they were feuding.

While on the subject...what the hell type of mic skills does Randy Orton possess? His promos seem so lifeless and puts me to sleep! Yet he's held the title multiple times too!

The Brown One
12-03-2010, 06:00 PM
Man, I can't wait to see them get rid of that non-spinning spinner belt. Wtf is the point of a spinner belt if it doesn't spin? Miz is gonna draw so much heat from little kids when he gets rid of Cena's little prop-toy. I love the fact that even when Cena is fired, Miz's campaign against Cena and everything Cena represents will continue.You have to aggree, the world needs Miz.

Agreed. I can't wait to see the looks on the kiddie's faces it'l be priceless :P and The Miz better not get the hardy kind of belt with his face on it. Then WWE would be going the way of TNA in terms on that, which we all know how much people hate the immortal belt. I want to see a new design, but gold!! They already screwed up the divas and tag titles hope they don't do it to their main title too.

efrum
12-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Agreed. I can't wait to see the looks on the kiddie's faces it'l be priceless :P and The Miz better not get the hardy kind of belt with his face on it. Then WWE would be going the way of TNA in terms on that, which we all know how much people hate the immortal belt. I want to see a new design, but gold!! They already screwed up the divas and tag titles hope they don't do it to their main title too.

yeah i think based on the tag and divas belts i wouldnt expect much.
i'd like to see a more traditional style belt personally.
back on topic... i'd definitely vote miz.
he is an absolute pro on the mic and can get heat from a dead crowd.
its true morrison is better in the ring but i find it hard to care about any of his feuds partly because he's not a great talker and partly because wwe rarely puts him in interesting angles. maybe he'd benefit from a heel turn?
also i dont like starship pain, it was pretty cool to watch the first few times but it looks really awkward.

The Brown One
12-03-2010, 06:45 PM
also i dont like starship pain, it was pretty cool to watch the first few times but it looks really awkward.

Yeah. I want the stupid pg name changed to something better. And him using something else, like that kick( but not botched so many times), or the C4-like move.

The Electrifier!
12-04-2010, 03:22 AM
If Jeff Hardy and Chris Beniot were able to pull off the "silent" face character, run and make gold of it. Why can't Morrison? Case in point I understand WWE has entered a Era were good Mic Skills are hard to come by, (Which is why Miz is pushed past pluto), but Morrison has potential IF he can be utilized the right way. During his tenure with Miz as a tag-team, he was the star of it, people hardly noticed Miz. During his heel days period he was good, his Mic Skills were good, he gained a lot of heat. So why did all that decline when he turned face? Simple, WWE loves to categorize all their faces the same way. Every one of them has to be this cheesy "Goody two shoes", example (Sheamus is a bully). That's something Morrison is not good of portraying. When he was heel, he was allowed to have an edge to his character, which permitted him to be himself. He doesn't get that same privilege as face. He has to abide by the guideline's of a WWE face. He is playing a character that's out of his realm of element. Some wrestlers are okay faces, but fantastic heels (i.e. Batista) I think Morrison is suffering from that same nitch. If he was allowed to tweak his face character, or at least have a little more edge to it. He wouldn't be in the position he's in now.

SaberToothTigerz
12-04-2010, 09:53 AM
the poll kinda made it hard for me to decide
"which is the better superstar"?
that's tough to answer now if u would ask me who is the best wrestler?
now that i could answer u its john morrison without a doubt however he does not possess good mic skills not now not even when he was a heel under the name johnny nitro
the miz is a little bit somewhat good as a heel and i cant picture him as a face which is rare nowadays so the miz has a long way to climb and due to the lack of in ring skill the miz is sure to b a future main eventer just for that reason, wwe doesnt like to put the actual "good wrestlers" in the main event page.

MinistryOfDarkness
12-04-2010, 05:37 PM
The Miz > John Morrison.

Poor John Morrison. You know who he reminds me of, with all that wrestling ability and creativeness in the ring, but absolutely no talent behind the mic? Another superstar who had the SAME damn issue, which is sad really, they really lost out on this following guy...

SHELTON BENJAMIN.

Sucks when the talent behind the mic is more important than actual wrestling ability. So to sum it up:

The Miz > John Morrison because John Morrison = Shelton Benjamin.