PDA

View Full Version : So after Zack Ryder's release what gimmick will he use in TNA, RoH or the indys

URATOOL
01-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Cause let's face it. WWE will have the rights to his current gimmick locked up by now.

bearkg88
01-05-2013, 08:37 PM
Cause let's face it. WWE will have the rights to his current gimmick locked up by now.

I'm sure he will use a similar gimmick with just different catch phrases and such.

URATOOL
01-05-2013, 08:41 PM
I'm sure he will use a similar gimmick with just different catch phrases and such.

Jack Slider?

TheJosephBanks
01-05-2013, 08:44 PM
Hopefully something interesting this time

Tommy Thunder
01-05-2013, 08:47 PM
So after Zack Ryder's release......

I expect Curt Hawkins to also be released (either by asking for it or via being dished a pink slip himself) and I expect them to reunite as the Major Brothers on the independent scene.

lewism173
01-05-2013, 08:47 PM
They won't really own the gimmick, only trademarks, like he can't be Zack Ryder but he can still be the same gimmick, but I actually think he mite change it up for some shows so he can try getting hired by TNA or ROH with a different gimmick

LostOmega
01-05-2013, 08:49 PM
WAH! WAH! WAH! YOU KNOW IT, BRAH! He's gonna go with a surfer dude gimmick.

wrestlingfan66513
01-05-2013, 08:52 PM
Robbie R. if he goes to TNA is my guess

Rockstar83
01-05-2013, 09:31 PM
When he will be released he will go to TNA and this will happen: (Maybe in this order.)

- Debut under a New Name
- Be on TNA TV for 3 or 4 weeks (Until he gets old. And disappears for 2 months)
- Form a Tag Team With Robbie E.
- Win The TNA Tag Team Titles
- Rip on WWE as "Other Company"
- Stay in TNA for a Year and some odd months then return back to WWE in 2016 or when TNA actually goes bankrupt.

TheGreatOne
01-05-2013, 09:34 PM
I think he would do better in TNA. Possibly have a feud with Robbie E with his major brother going with him. That would be something to see. Just more talented guys who I'd rather see on TV than him. I didn't even think he had the best webshow this year. It was always really really short. Being one of the tops in twitter followers among WWE superstars. Might help TNA a bit if he would land there or even ROH. I think he is better fit in TNA though.

lewism173
01-05-2013, 09:38 PM
I think he would do better in TNA. Possibly have a feud with Robbie E with his major brother going with him. That would be something to see. Just more talented guys who I'd rather see on TV than him. I didn't even think he had the best webshow this year. It was always really really short. Being one of the tops in twitter followers among WWE superstars. Might help TNA a bit if he would land there or even ROH. I think he is better fit in TNA though.
His webshow being short is because wwe cut a huge chunk out, I think thats the tip of the iceberg for him

LostOmega
01-05-2013, 10:13 PM
Can Ryder still use his gimmick outside of the WWE? If he has to change the catchphrases and everything then it'll just be sad to watch. I'd rather see Ryder take the time out of the game to reinvent himself and get a new thing going for him. I don't want to see the same man in TNA or anywhere else. It's problematic for TNA and Ryder. Ryder holds on to a gimmick that got him nowhere in the WWE that he may or may not even be allowed to use and TNA reinforces the idea that they rely on WWE to make their stars. It's a lose-lose situation.

SouthernBlood
01-05-2013, 10:15 PM
Can Ryder still use his gimmick outside of the WWE? If he has to change the catchphrases and everything then it'll just be sad to watch. I'd rather see Ryder take the time out of the game to reinvent himself and get a new thing going for him. I don't want to see the same man in TNA or anywhere else. It's problematic for TNA and Ryder. Ryder holds on to a gimmick that got him nowhere in the WWE that he may or may not even be allowed to use and TNA reinforces the idea that they rely on WWE to make their stars. It's a lose-lose situation.

If it got him nowhere in wwe and he can't use it in TNA there's no problem.

rwllay
01-05-2013, 10:36 PM
im under the impression Ryder owns some of the gimmick himself due to the youtube show, explaining why his logos,etc dont always appear correctly on action figures or WWE 13, i could be wrong but i was under that impression.

Iron Ape
01-05-2013, 10:55 PM
Possibly? They'd blow that load his first month in the company and then have nothing for him to do.

wrestlingfan66513
01-05-2013, 11:06 PM
im under the impression Ryder owns some of the gimmick himself due to the youtube show, explaining why his logos,etc dont always appear correctly on action figures or WWE 13, i could be wrong but i was under that impression.

His show is on WWE's channel so it's there's. Most of his catchphrases are probably copyrighted by them as well

B-MCINTYRE
01-05-2013, 11:08 PM
They might make him a new member of Aces and Eights if that's still happening at the time.

Sahu
01-06-2013, 11:36 AM
he'll go to TNA n Join Robbie E and Robbie T as Robbie Z..:D....

waw waw waw bro....

B-MCINTYRE
01-06-2013, 11:37 AM
The woo woo woo Kid. wearing a mask.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
01-06-2013, 11:51 AM
So after Zack Ryder's release......

I expect Curt Hawkins to also be released (either by asking for it or via being dished a pink slip himself) and I expect them to reunite as the Major Brothers on the independent scene.

This ^ I don't know why WWE just don't team them together as they would add to the tag division.

Sadly, it looks like neither will do anything major for the WWE and will likely end up being released or asking to leave.

If I'm honest.. I'm not really a Ryder fan, I don't see what's so good about him like others do.

Destruction
01-06-2013, 12:01 PM
Under the assumption that Zack came up with his own catchphrases, I'm unsure how many would be copyrighted by the WWE.

Destruction
01-06-2013, 12:03 PM
This ^ I don't know why WWE just don't team them together as they would add to the tag division.

Sadly, it looks like neither will do anything major for the WWE and will likely end up being released or asking to leave.

If I'm honest.. I'm not really a Ryder fan, I don't see what's so good about him like others do.

The first 10-15 Z!TLIS's were good, but they've gone stale now. TBH I never thought he could amount to anything other than a tag team/midcard title holder.

Tommy Thunder
01-06-2013, 12:09 PM

Ryder's solid in the ring, he's charismatic, he's got decent mic skills. He's way ahead of many in WWE in that respect.
However, he's never going to be a main event player, especially with his current gimmick.

However, in the tag team department, he's definitely got something to offer. Him and Hawkins were one of the better tag teams of the last era of tag wrestling that WWE had (the one that ended with Miz and Morrison and The Colons unifying the 2 titles). Hawkins and Ryder are a good team together, they've proved that in WWE and outside. WWE should either go ahead and put them together, or they're both going to ask to be released and do it themselves elsewhere.

Tommy Thunder
01-06-2013, 12:10 PM
The first 10-15 Z!TLIS's were good, but they've gone stale now. TBH I never thought he could amount to anything other than a tag team/midcard title holder.

To be honest, I enjoyed all the episodes until WWE took it over.

Tommy Thunder
01-06-2013, 12:11 PM
Under the assumption that Zack came up with his own catchphrases, I'm unsure how many would be copyrighted by the WWE.

They have copyrighted 'Broski' and I'm fairly sure that they've also got 'Woo! Woo! Woo! You know it!' copyrighted too.

TheJosephBanks
01-06-2013, 12:18 PM
To be honest, I enjoyed all the episodes until WWE took it over.

I never enjoyed any of them, or Ryder under this gimmick. Preferred him more with Hawkins.

TTC
01-06-2013, 12:34 PM
I'll be hoest. I started enjoying him when he started his Broski back in ECW. I'm still a fan of him. I by no means don't want to see him in the ME picture. I would have been perfectly fine with the good US title run. However, they basically ruined that.

CMBison
01-06-2013, 09:02 PM
Oh you know Robbie E. will be a big part of his debut. Robbie E. was TNA's answer to him. because Snooki's involvement with WWE really messed with TNA's way of connecting with Jersey Shore fans. So they made Robbie E. and what the hell ever are those other guys' names. Zack will have a stupid catch phrase, JUST like Kurt Angle's new REALLY stupid sounding catch phrase the brilliant minds of TNA should think of. I refuse to say it to this day.

Not looking forward t Ryder going there.