PDA

View Full Version : New UFC Contest Rules - Must Read!

Dr. Death
01-03-2013, 12:18 PM
For some excitment and to shake things up to add interest and some fun to these contests, I have restructured the scoring system and added some prizes to be won during and at the end of these contests. This was done after careful consideration and some suggestions by other members of the UFC Contests. So without further ado here are the new contest rules:

UFC Prediction Contest New Rules and Scoring System for 2013!

In the interest of keeping these contests moving forward a change in our scoring system is imminent. Our old system was: [15 pts for winner; 2 pts for finish, (bonus 2 pts for winner & finish); 2 pts for round] and after some back and forth with some members here and some good suggestions I decided to make the way a fight ends worth more points and change up the others as well. As such the new scoring system will look like this:

[20 pts. for the correct winner, 10 pts. for the correct finish {bonus 8 pts. for ANY 2 out of 3 predictions right - be it winner and round, winner and finish, round and finish}, and 10 pts. for the correct round]

Also since there are three MAIN or more common ways of winning a bout: KO – Submission – Decision; there will be a point scale for each way a bout finishes ON TOP OF the regular set scoring system. The following point scale for each finish will be used:

KO’s = 10 pts
TKO’s = 10 pts
Submissions = 12 pts
Decisions = 8 pts
DQ’s = 20 pts
Bout Stoppage (Dr or Ref) =15pts
Majority Draw = 20 pts
No Contest = 15 pts

I know this all sounds confusing and complicated so I’ll give you an example of how a prediction would look like being scored correctly:

Winner: Fighter #1/Fighter #2
Finish: KO (+ 10 pts) /TKO (+ 10 pts) /Submission (+ 12 pts) /BoutStoppage (+ 15 pts) / Majority Draw(+ 20 pts) /Decision (+ 8 pts) /DQ (+ 20 pts) /No Contest (+ 15 pts)
Round: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 –5

Bonus Question#1 (+ 15 pts): Which bout on the fight card will earn the “Fight of the Night” bonus?

Bonus Question #2 (+ 15 pts): Who will earn the “Submission of the Night” bonus?

Bonus Question #3 (+15 pts): Who will earn the “KO of the Night” bonus?

Using this as our new choices and assuming I chose all picks correctly, the following would be the tally/score of this bout:

Winner: Fighter #2
Finish: Submission (+ 12 pts)
Round: 2

The scoring would look like this:

+ 20 pts for correctly picking the winner
+ 10 pts for correctly picking the finish
+ 12 pts for the finish being a submission
+ 08 pts bonus for getting at least 2 out of 3 questions right
+ 10 pts for correctly picking the round the bout finishes
= 60 pts Total for this fight prediction scenario.

I’m not trying to confuse anyone or make this overly complicated with the new scoring system, I decided to put this in place as there WILL BE prizes awarded to the Top 3 place finishes in the Overall Contest plus a prize for anyone who earns a “streak” bonus by winning 5 contests in a row. Also anyone who can correctly pick every question for the entire fight card (Including the Bonus Questions) of any Event (called a “Perfect Score”) to which we have a contest will earn a special prize. So to clear things up, here is the prize break down:

Prizes for theTop 3 finishes in the Overall Contest:

1st Place = your choice of any T-Shirt AND Hat from the UFC Store + the Ultimate UFC on DVD Collection Set + a $50.00 Amazon Gift Card

2nd Place = your choice of any T-Shirt from the UFC Store + a $25.00 Amazon Gift Card

3rd Place = your choice of any T-Shirt OR Hat from the UFC Store

Streak Prize: $25.00 Amazon Gift Card

A Streak is earned by winning 5 Prediction Contests in a Row.

Perfect Score: $15.00 Amazon Gift Card + A Hat of your Choice from the UFC Store.

Get every question right in ANY ONE Prediction Contest will earn you a Perfect Score Prize. This DOES Include the Bonus Questions.

-------------------------------

I know some may think this is “Overkill” for prizes and scoring, but I’m retired/disabled, bored and have nothing else better to do right now. These New Scoring and Rules take effect immediately. In the event that you win a prize, I will need to know where to send that prize, so if you win you will have 2 weeks to PM me your name and address so that I may send you your prize. Any and All information provided WILL Remain just between us and strictly confidential. Failure to provide information will result in the forfeiture of said prize. I realize that not everyone is from the USA; however I will be responsible for any International shipping costs. These prizes are being provided by me at my expense including any shipping and handling charges. I am doing this to add some excitement and help the UFC Contests grow. January 19, 2013 is our first UFC Prediction Contest of the Year and I hope we have a good year of fights in the UFC.

Robstar
01-03-2013, 02:50 PM
Some great additions there Death! ;) I still think we should have "Guess The Ref" haha

I'm totally down with the new scoring as it gives more incentive to pick other outcomes, yet at greater risk of scoring no points at all. It's still up to the entrant to choose to play it safe/smart.

As for those who might win and don't want to give out their details for mailing well, this should just make them ineligible. Either that or the Amazon voucher is good as the claim code can simply be sent in an email.

akbar
01-03-2013, 05:29 PM
The Jewish in me just wants to confirm that you enter for free yeah?:o

I'm down like a slut for this Dr Death.

Destruction
01-03-2013, 05:35 PM
I'm down for as long as I can be assed, despite not having the time to properly follow UFC.

thejman93
01-03-2013, 05:53 PM
I'm down for as long as I can be assed, despite not having the time to properly follow UFC.

This.

I barely watch fights anymore, but I'm in.

magglis
01-03-2013, 06:17 PM
New Rules look good Dr.D and its nice to have more competition this year :)

Robstar
01-03-2013, 07:02 PM
I much prefer the UFC prediction contest as opposed to the "Guess The Script" of the WWE and TNA versions :rolleyes:

Dr. Death
01-04-2013, 08:54 AM
Welcome aboard thejman93 and Destruction! Hope you have fun. And don't worry Rob, I expect the "guess the ref" bonus question will show up some time this year. ha ha. The 3 I listed are the main bonus questions to be added in every contest, plus I'll be adding 1 random bonus question. If I forgot to post this originally I'm sorry, but that was the actual plan. Also for those who are new or have forgotten, In every fight on each card for every contest, you can now click on the name of the fighter which will be a link that takes you to a basic history and rundown of skills for that particular fighter. This is done so that you can familiarize yourself with each fighter before you make your choice and should make this a bit more fun. This service of course is provided by MMAJunkie.com where I got the idea from. There will also be links to click in the title of the event that also takes you to a break down of the event and each fighter, (if you decided to scroll through), stating the skills percentage of each fighter and complete UFC history of the fighter - courtesy of UFC.com. This way a person can make an informed decision even if they don't regularly follow the UFC or MMA.