PDA

View Full Version : Who is a better technical wrestler: Shawn Micheals or CM Punk

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Here we go again everyone, another first round match-up between the heart break kid Shawn Michaels, and the straight edge savior, CM Punk. Two of my personal absolute favorites of all time goin head-to-head. Now certainly CM Punk has the edge in submission maneuvers, and maybe grappling too, but as I've said before, I don't think that's all that technical wrestling is about. As far as perfecting his moves, telling a story with his match, and having excellent in-ring psychology, I think HBK is the superior. With that being said, I'm going with Shawn Michaels.

My decision may very well not be the most popular one, but I think it all depends on how you define "technical wrestling." If you go by the definition in it's purest form, then maybe Punk edges him out for you, but not for me.

But what do you guys think?

Bodom
12-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Even if this were based on pure wrestling ability. I'd still vote HBK.

I love you Punk, but HBK has my vote

Rich Cranium
12-01-2010, 08:32 PM
That is a very tough question. Both Punk and HBK are more on the flashy side than technical but I will have to side with Punk on this one.

Tommy Thunder
12-01-2010, 09:00 PM
HBK fan until I die, but of course I'm basing my decision on wrestling ability, and again, HBK is the man on top for me.

jman
12-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Mr Wrestlemania n i will go with easily jus bcos he's so many Memorable matches punk's had great ones but i can remember a hell of alot of hbk's matches

alexrules01
12-01-2010, 09:12 PM
2 of the greatest in the first round?? Argh its so hard to choose! I think HBK, but only slightly, cause he has one of the best moves ever and has perfected it... The Sweet Chin Music!
Actually, I wonder if CM Punk stands for Chin Music Punk? :P

IPEEINTHESHOWER
12-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Here's the deal folks, not only is HBK going to win this match up he is going to win the whole f'n thing. HBK is one of a kind. The man IS a 5 star match. I've watched his entire career and I don't remember one bad match. Hell I don't remembering him botching. He is the winner.:D

U MAD???

Bodom
12-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Here's the deal folks, not only is HBK going to win this match up he is going to win the whole f'n thing. HBK is one of a kind. The man IS a 5 star match. I've watched his entire career and I don't remember one bad match. Hell I don't remembering him botching. He is the winner.:D

U MAD???

HBK puts ON 5 Star matches.

Davey Richards is the only walking 5 Star Match

CobraNightviper
12-01-2010, 09:28 PM
That's one hard question because if I had to name 10 of my favorite wrestlers Micheals & Punk would be on top of the list that would be like asking me which is a better bumbler the great Khali or Andre the giant.

Thewoodcutter
12-01-2010, 09:48 PM
Ive loved HBK ever since he kicked Marty and threw him through the barborshop window, but imo CM Punk knows more moves and can mat wrestle with the best of them so as much as it hurts I pick Punk.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Ive loved HBK ever since he kicked Marty and threw him through the barborshop window, but imo CM Punk knows more moves and can mat wrestle with the best of them so as much as it hurts I pick Punk.

Punk's moveset is awesome. I wished he used more of them in the WWE though...

Thewoodcutter
12-01-2010, 09:59 PM

I wish he used the anaconda vice as his finisher.

Tommy Thunder
12-01-2010, 10:09 PM
I wish he used the anaconda vice as his finisher.

True, he uses it very rarely these days. It would be awesome if he used it more often as his alternative finisher.

SilverGhost
12-01-2010, 10:17 PM
HBK or CM Punk.....Instinct says HBK because of history......but I'll go with CM Punk on this.

Sorry HBK....you are good and a legend.....

Bodom
12-01-2010, 10:19 PM

Pepsi Plunge.

That is all

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-01-2010, 10:41 PM
Pepsi Plunge.

That is all

This.

But we don't want to make Trips look bad do we? *rolls eyes*

Bodom
12-01-2010, 10:43 PM
This.

But we don't want to make Trips look bad do we? *rolls eyes*

Triple H can eat my balls.

Scottland
12-01-2010, 11:15 PM
CM Punk or HBK? No disrespect to Punk as Punk is a really good wrestler but I will have to go without a doubt the showstopping icon himself Mr. Wrestlemania HBK. HBK is one of the greatest ever to step foot in the ring. There is no questions about it. Hell, it could be argued that HBK has more great matches then anyone in wrestling history. HBK paved the way for guys like CM Punk & Chris Jericho. Hell, you could ask them yourself & they will tell you straightout HBK paved the way for guys like them. HBK all the way on this contest.

P.S. I maybe bias simply because HBK is one of my top 3 favorites of all-time.

IrkenInvader
12-01-2010, 11:18 PM
.......Chris Jeicho.

Bodom
12-01-2010, 11:19 PM
.......Chris Jeicho.

Who the fuck Jeicho?

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-01-2010, 11:20 PM
CM Punk or HBK? No disrespect to Punk as Punk is a really good wrestler but I will have to go without a doubt the showstopping icon himself Mr. Wrestlemania HBK. HBK is one of the greatest ever to step foot in the ring. There is no questions about it. Hell, it could be argued that HBK has more great matches then anyone in wrestling history. HBK paved the way for guys like CM Punk & Chris Jericho. Hell, you could ask them yourself & they will tell you straightout HBK paved the way for guys like them. HBK all the way on this contest.

P.S. I maybe bias simply because HBK is one of my top 3 favorites of all-time.

After their classic at Wrestlemania, Kurt Angle said HBK is the best he has ever been in the ring with.

Scottland
12-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Who the fuck Jeicho?

I was thinking the samething.

IrkenInvader
12-01-2010, 11:23 PM
Fine I forgot the r but you know I meant the same guy that I've posted in every other thread.

Scottland
12-01-2010, 11:24 PM
After their classic at Wrestlemania, Kurt Angle said HBK is the best he has ever been in the ring with.

I don't doubt HBK could truly be the greatest in-ring performer ever. I mean it's really hard to argue against a man who was involved in so many revolutionary matches. HBK matches always seem to stick out more then anyone elses.

Also, I do remember Angle saying that about HBK.

Bodom
12-01-2010, 11:27 PM
I don't doubt HBK could truly be the greatest in-ring performer ever. I mean it's really hard to argue against a man who was involved in so many revolutionary matches. HBK matches always seem to stick out more then anyone elses.

Also, I do remember Angle saying that about HBK.

Hell HBK got a Match of the Year out of John FREAKIN Cena.

Scottland
12-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Hell HBK got a Match of the Year out of John FREAKIN Cena.

Yeah...that pretty much defines his greatness & exellence in performing in the ring. For Cena to have a Match of the Year only HBK could pull that off. Hell, HBK has had more Match of the Year matches then anyone. HBK made Hogan's saggy ass look good even though Hogan screwed HBK in the end (HBK should have won that match) but I guess you can expect that from a total dickwad like Hogan.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-01-2010, 11:39 PM
Fine I forgot the r but you know I meant the same guy that I've posted in every other thread.

Oddly enough, every thread but Jericho's. lol

IrkenInvader
12-01-2010, 11:41 PM

I voted for him so I didn't think it was necessary but since you think its SO important.

Scottland
12-01-2010, 11:41 PM

Wow...that's purely ironic irony lol.

Bodom
12-01-2010, 11:44 PM
Yeah...that pretty much defines his greatness & exellence in performing in the ring. For Cena to have a Match of the Year only HBK could pull that off. Hell, HBK has had more Match of the Year matches then anyone. HBK made Hogan's saggy ass look good even though Hogan screwed HBK in the end (HBK should have won that match) but I guess you can expect that from a total dickwad like Hogan.

We can never know the truth, but It's fairly obvious that Hogan refused to job to HBK.

But it was totally worth it for those heelBK promo's leading into it. That Larry King segment was gold.

IrkenInvader
12-01-2010, 11:44 PM
Wow...that's purely ironic irony lol.

Irony it's not just what Iron tastes like.

Scottland
12-01-2010, 11:46 PM

Uh.......:confused:

viperrtracing
12-02-2010, 12:41 AM
HBK No doubt!!

Bodom
12-02-2010, 12:47 AM

Its also the other other other white meat

IrkenInvader
12-02-2010, 12:51 AM
Uh.......:confused:

It's a catch phrase.

Taxi Driver
12-02-2010, 03:46 AM
I voted for CM Punk.

el gabo
12-02-2010, 07:55 AM
I voted for CM Punk.

Showstopper. HBK.

CM Punk might have been technical in his indy days but, in WWE he hasn't shown that much of technical wrestling.

Hell, Shawn feuded with the Excellence of execution, what better training than that?

Taxi Driver
12-02-2010, 08:08 AM
Showstopper. HBK.

CM Punk might have been technical in his indy days but, in WWE he hasn't shown that much of technical wrestling.

Hell, Shawn feuded with the Excellence of execution, what better training than that?

I used to be a big fan of HBK, but then I stopped watching wrestling. When I watched wrestling again I saw some CM Punk matches and he was awesome IMO. So I'm kinda more familiar with CM Punk. + WWE limits moves of wrestlers. Though HBK is overall better, he has more expierence.

Bob Bowman
12-02-2010, 09:34 AM
HBK is the man!!!!

thejman93
12-02-2010, 09:59 AM
Triple H can eat my balls.

I thought that was Miz's job :D

Bodom
12-02-2010, 11:25 AM
I thought that was Miz's job :D

Haha.

Nice one.

Scottland
12-02-2010, 02:29 PM
It's a catch phrase.

I figured it was a catch phrase but just isn't that good of one.

MattTY2JHBK
12-02-2010, 03:49 PM
I believe Shawn Michaels to be the best all-round and technically gifted performer of all time.

Booker T Fan
12-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Sigh... this is a very good question. Personally i love both superstars and i have been watching mathes for some time now. i have seen both superstars at their best. And i would have to give it to CM Punk. He moveset is more unique. and alot more moves. i mean HBK's moveset is so basic. 4 arm chops, elbow drop, a "super" kick and some1 elses submission maneuver, that being figure 4 leg lock. so creatively; cmpunk wins, more moves; cm punk wins, and mic skills cm punk edges hbk, less botches hbk wins, but however hbk has a better entrance. :) so my vote goes to CM PUNK!! STRAIGHT EDGE BABY!! not trashing hbk or anything cuz i did enjoy watching him. and i do respect him!!

MattTY2JHBK
12-02-2010, 09:37 PM
Man, this poll is close!
HBK is the main man though.....

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Shawn Micheals officially takes this one in what has been the closest poll to date. He moves on to face Chris Jericho in round two. Congratulations HBK.