PDA

View Full Version : Who was a better technical wrestler: Chris Benoit or Brock Lesnar?

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-01-2010, 04:45 PM
Ok...before we begin, because I have a feeling this will come up: this match-up is NOT about who is the better human being. If someone votes for Benoit, that does NOT mean they condone what he has done or that they are a bad person. What this match-up IS about is who the better technical wrestler is. No ifs, ands, or buts. To reiterate, I do not care if you think Benoit deserves to spend all eternity in the deepest, darkest circle of hell. That is completely irrelevant in this matter.

Now that I've got that off my shoulders, we can talk about wrestling. In-ring, I don't think there has ever been anyone better than the Rabid Wolverine. His every move was so fluid, so crisp, and his counters and grappling seemed so real. He makes every move look painful, and he's put on a variety of what are imo, 5 star matches. With that being said, my choice has to be Benoit. Don't get me wrong, Lesnar is elite in-ring (if you made the tournament, you are elite), but he's no Benoit. Easy choice for me.

Here is a match they had on SD! a few years back for the World Title. It's a pretty good match, crowd was into it, had some cool spots, a solid *** 1/2 match. Not their absolute best effort, but it is entertaining and, more importantly, it was the only one I could find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ9NwXrxumk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqyAcpfP5qg&feature=related

What do you guys think? Who was nicer in-ring and why?

Bodom
12-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Gotta go with Benoit.

Lesnar was a wrestling machine, but it can't match Benoits 20+ years.

Scottland
12-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Lesnar was more of a powerhouse then a technical wrestler in the WWE. I would have to go Benoit since he was known as being a technical wrestler.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
12-01-2010, 04:55 PM
The poll isn't up yet but rest assured my vote is Brock Lesnar. God told me to vote that way, I listened.:D

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Lesnar was more of a powerhouse then a technical wrestler in the WWE. I would have to go Benoit since he was known as being a technical wrestler.

Well to be fair, Lesnar was both a technician and a powerhouse. That's why he could havbe a belivable match against the likes of Undertaker and the Big Show, but then turn around and have great matches with Angle and Benoit. I just think Benoit was a better technical wrestler than Lesnar.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-01-2010, 05:01 PM
The poll isn't up yet but rest assured my vote is Brock Lesnar. God told me to vote that way, I listened.:D

The poll is up IPITS. I don't know why it hasn't shown up on your screen yet.

Bodom
12-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Blame SG.

I do.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
12-01-2010, 05:04 PM
The poll is up IPITS. I don't know why it hasn't shown up on your screen yet.

Its up now, all is good. My vote is for Brock Lesnar. Why you ask, read my first post.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-01-2010, 05:06 PM
Blame SG.

I do.

Perfect timing for this...

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Its up now, all is good. My vote is for Brock Lesnar. Why you ask, read my first post.

That's fine IPITS. I'm not gonna tell you how to vote because it is not my right to do so, but I want you to know if it comes down to a tie, I'm advancing Benoit.

IrkenInvader
12-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Blame SG.

I do.

SG is causing alot of problems these days.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
12-01-2010, 05:16 PM
That's fine IPITS. I'm not gonna tell you how to vote because it is not my right to do so, but I want you to know if it comes down to a tie, I'm advancing Benoit.

Thats cool with me, I think Benoit was a great wrestler. I just have such strong convictions towards the man that whatever or however great he was it was all taken away from him because of his last actions on this earth.

Scottland
12-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Well to be fair, Lesnar was both a technician and a powerhouse. That's why he could havbe a belivable match against the likes of Undertaker and the Big Show, but then turn around and have great matches with Angle and Benoit. I just think Benoit was a better technical wrestler than Lesnar.

I'm not saying Lesnar wasn't a technician by any means but he was more of powerhouse in the WWE. Granted, the guy could perform with the best of them.

Thewoodcutter
12-01-2010, 05:19 PM
Chris Benoit and it's not even close. He was one of the greatest ever in the ring, hell maybe even the greatest ever.

Scottland
12-01-2010, 05:19 PM
I don't think you need to worry about a tie since Benoit is winning by a landslide.

Bodom
12-01-2010, 05:20 PM
lol...........

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Thats cool with me, I think Benoit was a great wrestler. I just have such strong convictions towards the man that whatever or however great he was it was all taken away from him because of his last actions on this earth.

Completely understandable. His actions were reprehensible, but like I said in the original post, I don't think that should hold any water here.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-01-2010, 05:24 PM
I don't think you need to worry about a tie since Benoit is winning by a landslide.

Truth. For whatever reason, Lesnar isn't the most popular guy on these forums.

Kashdinero
12-01-2010, 05:27 PM
I've always thought there was something extremely odd about that terrible day so I'll leave judgement to those more worthy.
Benoit wasn't the best ever but he was pretty damn close!

IPEEINTHESHOWER
12-01-2010, 05:27 PM
11-1 is a no contest damn its a straight KO really. Brock may have not been the best choice to match up with Benoit's skills. I believe Jericho would have been a better choice IMO.

Bodom
12-01-2010, 05:30 PM
Truth. For whatever reason, Lesnar isn't the most popular guy on these forums.

Really? I thought Lesnar was pretty well liked on the internets

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-01-2010, 05:37 PM
11-1 is a no contest damn its a straight KO really. Brock may have not been the best choice to match up with Benoit's skills. I believe Jericho would have been a better choice IMO.

Well, here's the thing, this was just a first round match-up in a tournament of sorts. I think it's fitting that it is somewhat of a blow-out, as this is the number 1 seed Benoit vs the 8 seed Lesnar. Benoit will move on to face tougher competetion in the future. Namely either Bryan Danielson or William Regal in the next round.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-01-2010, 05:40 PM
Really? I thought Lesnar was pretty well liked on the internets

Typically he is, but the 13-1 blowout says otherwise. Plus it's other things. i rarely here hi name mentioned when talking about the greats, and some people apparently think he's now even that good a technical wrestler.

Enlgish_TNA4LYF_FAN
12-01-2010, 05:41 PM
chris (rabid wolverine) BENOIT
Hands down, no contest

his in ring psychology was phenomonal, he attacked a body part all match and made us believe he was injuring the person or weakining them for the crossface, sharpshooter etc.

jman
12-01-2010, 05:54 PM
this is not even close beniot by miles beniot or angle would be alot closer

Tommy Thunder
12-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Benoit is the man, end of. Lesnar as you say was a great technical wrestler, but like you say, he's no Benoit.

Scottland
12-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Okay, this is no longer a landslide. It's a damn avalaunche. Throw the white flag in already. Lesnar is bleeding here like the way Cain beat him lol.

Saiga
12-01-2010, 09:57 PM
Benoit benoit benoit!

SilverGhost
12-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Beniot man. I'll with him on this.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-01-2010, 10:44 PM
Damn. Benoit has had almost as much votes by himself than a lot of the other match-ups put together.

Bodom
12-01-2010, 10:46 PM
This was a total squash match

IrkenInvader
12-01-2010, 11:06 PM
Who was a better technical wrestler: Chris Benoit or Brock Lesnar? Easy Chris Jericho.

Bodom
12-01-2010, 11:06 PM
Who was a better technical wrestler: Chris Benoit or Brock Lesnar? Easy Chris Jericho.

Mint Berry Crunch.

IrkenInvader
12-01-2010, 11:09 PM
Mint Berry Crunch.

He's not a wrestler, he's a super hero.

Bodom
12-01-2010, 11:10 PM
He's not a wrestler, he's a super hero.

So he automatically wins.

IrkenInvader
12-01-2010, 11:13 PM
So he automatically wins.

He took one look at Brock and pissed his pants, ran home and started watching judge Judy.

Bodom
12-01-2010, 11:16 PM
He took one look at Brock and pissed his pants, ran home and started watching judge Judy.

But that was before Limahl appeared before him.

IrkenInvader
12-01-2010, 11:20 PM
He then proceded to kick Brock's ass and send him back to OVW.

Bodom
12-01-2010, 11:22 PM
With a refreshing Minty Crunch!

The Brown One
12-02-2010, 04:13 AM
I don't care what benoit did to his family. That was out of the ring, in the ring hes almost unmatched when it comes to technical wrestling

Taxi Driver
12-02-2010, 04:14 AM
Lol look at the votes, Chris Benoit has 89.66% of the votes. Easy win.

Bob Bowman
12-02-2010, 09:37 AM
Benoit was a great performer and technical wrestler.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-04-2010, 09:00 PM
It's not as if anyone didn't already know this within the first 30 mins of voting (sorry Brock) but Benoit advances to the next round. He goes on to face the winner of the Daniel Bryan/William Regal match-up. Congrats Wolverine.