PDA

View Full Version : WWE Rock Bottom 2013

The Don
12-27-2012, 04:17 PM
So I got to thinking the other day, would anyone like to see a modern, WWE Rock Bottom PPV? It could be a way for The Rock to avoid Elimination Chamber. I highly doubt it'd work, just because that's just another event to try and fit in before WrestleMania. Thoughts?

Validity
12-27-2012, 04:40 PM
So I got to thinking the other day, would anyone like to see a modern, WWE Rock Bottom PPV? It could be a way for The Rock to avoid Elimination Chamber. I highly doubt it'd work, just because that's just another event to try and fit in before WrestleMania. Thoughts?

Personally I wouldn't want to, ignoring all the obvious reasons it would just be another complaint to add on to The Rock winning the title when he is part time at best if that is the case, let alone giving him a PPV in his honour just because he did. He's already scheduled for the Elimination Chamber PPV as it is apparently, although I think the WWE chamber match will become a number 1 contenders match if he is the champ.

SouthernBlood
12-27-2012, 04:58 PM
actually one the few things past I never heard of/or know what its about.

MachoManFan
12-27-2012, 05:25 PM
actually one the few things past I never heard of/or know what its about.

I hadn't either. Wikipedia says it was an In Your House event. There doesn't appear to have been anything special about it; no gimmick matches, no special stipulations.

On Topic: No. Dwayne should know his place and either return full time of piss off to Hollywood permanently. It's bad enough that he's getting a title shot so to dedicate a PPV to him would be too much for me. Not that I can protest much I don't ever pay to watch WWE.

Rick BoA
12-27-2012, 08:10 PM
I could see them doing an elimination match for the #1 contender and have the Rock vs Ryback. That seems to be something they want to do.

chunkkynutzzz
12-27-2012, 10:18 PM
I wouldn't want to see it , let me make that clear .

Another thing is, I don't understand why people get pissed that the rock returns . The current product is shit. And rock is an interesting character that changes and shakes things up when he is there.

You can match him up on the mic with current stars and build up matches with him VS others in the future

Let's be real , Having the rock vs cm punk is a great thing for wrestling, instead of having punk vs cena or ryback and who else..hmmm there's not enough big stars to fued with

That's why there turning guy faces like miz.
Don't know if they pulled the plug on del rio

But ya know what I mean ...

Let's say Ambrose becomes huge by next year

Imagine a Dean Ambrose vs The Rock Someday ..it would be awesome tv in my book!

Can I get opinions on this :)

B-MCINTYRE
12-27-2012, 10:23 PM
They should have it instead of the elimination chamber PPV this year. Have the smackdown elimination chamber match on it anyway, but Have the rock be a heel and piss everyone off by changing the name of the PPV to suit himself.

Jack Newport
12-28-2012, 10:43 AM
Another thing is, I don't understand why people get pissed that the rock returns . The current product is shit. And rock is an interesting character that changes and shakes things up when he is there.

People have a right to be pissed. When The Rock shows up to actually wrestle a match, it's either to main-event WrestleMania or get a WWE Championship shot. The fact is, he's been semi-retired for nearly a decade, and isn't a full-time performer. For that reason, he dosen't deserve to be in the spotlight when you've got guys working 365 days a year to get those opportunities.

It's also clear that, like Brock Lesnar, The Rock dosen't make appearances because he loves WWE, but rather the big paycheck the company pays him everytime he shows up.

I myself don't mind that much, but I definately understand the frustration others feel.

SkilletBoi
12-28-2012, 11:52 AM
It's also clear that, like Brock Lesnar, The Rock dosen't make appearances because he loves WWE, but rather the big paycheck the company pays him everytime he shows up.

you say that as if he needs the money...

Cabers
12-28-2012, 12:00 PM
you say that as if he needs the money...

I will agree with this. The Rock actually does appear because he loves wrestling i genuinely believe the paycheck means nothing to him.

WillyBanger
01-14-2013, 09:48 PM
People have a right to be pissed. When The Rock shows up to actually wrestle a match, it's either to main-event WrestleMania or get a WWE Championship shot. The fact is, he's been semi-retired for nearly a decade, and isn't a full-time performer. For that reason, he dosen't deserve to be in the spotlight when you've got guys working 365 days a year to get those opportunities.

I myself don't mind that much, but I definately understand the frustration others feel.

Instead of getting pissed maybe they should step their game up so The Rock doesn't have to come back. My brother has been working at Arby's for 3 years, doesn't mean he's deserving of anything. If he was, he'd be manager by now