PDA

View Full Version : How good is the TNA tag team division?

body slam
12-01-2010, 08:25 AM
Prettty good if you ask me but not great. There is no depth. You basicly have MCMG, Gen Me, and BM. Then Ink and all the make shift teams. Hopefully London Brawling can get back in the mix soon.

With the current TNA roster who would you put together to form a solid team to compete on a weekly basis and contend for the titles?

Black Mass Reverend
12-01-2010, 09:49 AM
Hernandez & Amazing Red. I've always been a fan of the big man/little man team ups. I wish Homicide hadn't left or else I'd say put him and Hernandez back together but it is what it is.

Rassling_Fan
12-01-2010, 11:06 AM
As I recall, Homicide was fired. Breaking up LAX was one of the biggest mistakes TNA ever made in my opinion.

Bodom
12-01-2010, 11:09 AM
As I recall, Homicide was fired. Breaking up LAX was one of the biggest mistakes TNA ever made in my opinion.

Quoted for truth.

Breaking up LAX was one of the biggest mistakes TNA has done.

SilverGhost
12-01-2010, 11:20 AM
I agree on the LAX thing.

It is good because you can get into it. MCMG makes everyone be part of the match. Add in high flying and great wrestling and you have the answer why the TNA tag team division is good. Not just MCMG but the rest of the tag teams that put great matches, win or loss.

ThumbtackJack
12-01-2010, 12:10 PM
I'm a fan of it but.. No Thank god Homicide left that company to where the grass way wat greener! Homicide is back home where he should've been, and i think he loves it! Not wat TNA was doing with him before....wait they're weren't using him oh yeah!

johnadah
12-01-2010, 02:52 PM
The TNA Tag Team Division is good, but not great. It used to be even better with the aforementioned LAX. I also enjoyed the Lethal Consequences team. I really liked how Jay and Creed worked together. There's a lot more that could be done with the company though. They have a tendency of bringing in guys for a really short time and starting a program with them (i.e., Andrew Martin and Rikishi were both there for about 2 weeks). I think there are some guys that would work well if they could actually stick around in the company. We've talked previously about Kurt Angle pushing to get Benjamin and Haas there, which would be like a scepter in the hand of a company whose head has already been crowned with the Motor City Machine Guns. I can't help but be curious about how strangely good the team of Andrew Martin and Sting could have been if TNA had pulled through with it.

As for right now, Beer Money is a good team. I enjoyed them a lot more when they were faces. As I mentioned previously, I feel as if that gave them the freedom to goof off a lot more and have fun, which really seemed to fit their characters. I think the crowds really got into them also. Gen Me has really stepped up to bat as of late as well. I enjoy their work with MCMG, and I hope they work well with Beer Money as well. Ink, Inc. is a decent team, but Jessie Neal has a long way to go. Shannon Moore is a hell of a talent and deserves to have a better partner. They've got a great look, which helps them appeal a lot to younger kids that are just getting into punk and metal. I was actually pretty excited when they first got together. Jessie Neal has improved a lot, so I was hoping Moore would help him become even better. He has, of course. Just not as quickly as I'd hoped. London Brawling is a good team as well. I hope they create a bit of uniformity with them such as how the British Invasion had a singular visual appeal. Last, but so very far from the least... the greatest tag team in the world today, the Motor City Machine Guns! I'm sure I don't even need to comment on them. If you're not familiar with them, then get your ass on YouTube and do yourself a favor.

The one thing I really wish were a possibility, just one time at least, would be to see MCMG take on the pairing of Amazing Red and Evan Bourne. I'm glad Bourne is in WWE because I think it will be best for him in the long run. But, if TNA had him, he and Red would make a great pair.

el gabo
12-03-2010, 06:58 PM
The TNA Tag Team Division is good, but not great. It used to be even better with the aforementioned LAX. I also enjoyed the Lethal Consequences team. I really liked how Jay and Creed worked together. There's a lot more that could be done with the company though. They have a tendency of bringing in guys for a really short time and starting a program with them (i.e., Andrew Martin and Rikishi were both there for about 2 weeks). I think there are some guys that would work well if they could actually stick around in the company. We've talked previously about Kurt Angle pushing to get Benjamin and Haas there, which would be like a scepter in the hand of a company whose head has already been crowned with the Motor City Machine Guns. I can't help but be curious about how strangely good the team of Andrew Martin and Sting could have been if TNA had pulled through with it.

As for right now, Beer Money is a good team. I enjoyed them a lot more when they were faces. As I mentioned previously, I feel as if that gave them the freedom to goof off a lot more and have fun, which really seemed to fit their characters. I think the crowds really got into them also. Gen Me has really stepped up to bat as of late as well. I enjoy their work with MCMG, and I hope they work well with Beer Money as well. Ink, Inc. is a decent team, but Jessie Neal has a long way to go. Shannon Moore is a hell of a talent and deserves to have a better partner. They've got a great look, which helps them appeal a lot to younger kids that are just getting into punk and metal. I was actually pretty excited when they first got together. Jessie Neal has improved a lot, so I was hoping Moore would help him become even better. He has, of course. Just not as quickly as I'd hoped. London Brawling is a good team as well. I hope they create a bit of uniformity with them such as how the British Invasion had a singular visual appeal. Last, but so very far from the least... the greatest tag team in the world today, the Motor City Machine Guns! I'm sure I don't even need to comment on them. If you're not familiar with them, then get your ass on YouTube and do yourself a favor.

The one thing I really wish were a possibility, just one time at least, would be to see MCMG take on the pairing of Amazing Red and Evan Bourne. I'm glad Bourne is in WWE because I think it will be best for him in the long run. But, if TNA had him, he and Red would make a great pair.

(((Too long.))))

Rich Cranium
12-03-2010, 07:26 PM
Tag Team wrestling is why I sometimes watch TNA as it is the only place to watch it.

johnadah
12-04-2010, 08:38 PM
(((Too long.))))

There's no limit for characters used in a post.

el gabo
12-05-2010, 02:07 AM
There's no limit for characters used in a post.

No, I'm just saying that short and sweet is easier to read. I give up on the first paragraph.

Kashdinero
12-05-2010, 04:57 AM
At the moment it's a three team race. Londons brawling's return will be welcome... Very welcome. Adding Shelton and Charlie would make it a division to rival any era of tag team wrestling..... Wait, I forgot this is TNA. They could have the entire ROH roster and still not know how to properly put focus on their tag division.... Or any division other than the "WWE division".

johnadah
12-05-2010, 08:54 AM
No, I'm just saying that short and sweet is easier to read. I give up on the first paragraph.

Short and sweet is also an Oompa Loompa with a kind heart. Considering that you can see their is more than one paragraph before you even start to read, perhaps it's best to simply not read or address it at all.

el gabo
12-05-2010, 10:05 AM
Short and sweet is also an Oompa Loompa with a kind heart. Considering that you can see their is more than one paragraph before you even start to read, perhaps it's best to simply not read or address it at all.

Touchy aren't we? I'm just pointing out that extremely long posts make it a tougher read. But, I will hassle you no more and follow your advice.

Rich Cranium
12-05-2010, 12:08 PM
I think the tag division is doing fine as long as TNA doesn't pair up the Hardy Boys to bury everyone else!

johnadah
12-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Touchy aren't we? I'm just pointing out that extremely long posts make it a tougher read. But, I will hassle you no more and follow your advice.

I'm not trying to be touchy or offensive. I'm simply saying if a long post is a problem for you, then there is really no reason to bother commenting about it. The point of these forums is to discuss the topic at hand. Some of us have a lot to say.

body slam
12-06-2010, 01:48 PM
I think the tag division is doing fine as long as TNA doesn't pair up the Hardy Boys to bury everyone else!

and then break them up so they can fued with each other.