PDA

View Full Version : Who is the better technical wrestler: Bret Hart or Jack Swagger?

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
11-30-2010, 05:16 PM
The excellence of execution vs the All American, American, American, American, American, etc. Who is nicer in-ring though? for me, it's gotta be Bret Hart.

As I said before, Bret Hart can have a 5 star match with just about anyone, and is truly an elite wrestler. Swagger on the other hand, while also an elite grappler, I think needs to be in the ring against a certain type of wrestler to get the best out of him. Maybe I'm wrong though and it's just a question of effort on his part, but in any case, I don't think he brings his A game to every match. Luckily for Swagger though, his B and C game is still better than most, but it aint good enough to go head to head with Bret Hart...at least not in my opinion.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
11-30-2010, 05:19 PM
Damnit. It did it again. i don't know whats wrong, but my computer is not letting me post polls. Hmmm, i gotta check this out...

Anyways sorry again guys, but unless Bodom or another mod wants to save my butt again, you'll have to casts your votes via a post and I will tally them all up.

Thewoodcutter
11-30-2010, 06:27 PM
Bret Hart in an easy win for me. I don't think Swagger has been around long enough to even be in question.

Scottland
11-30-2010, 06:32 PM
This one is a sure fire. Bret Hart is by far better then Jack Swagger. Hell, many would say Bret Hart is one of the true greats in terms of technical wrestling.

CMhuw24
11-30-2010, 06:37 PM
well consisering swagger has never put on a five star match im gonna have too say bret hart is an easy win.

Tommy Thunder
11-30-2010, 06:48 PM
Brett Hart without doubt. Swagger is good in the ring, but he hasn't put on a 5 star match yet, and Hart is one of the all time greats. Swagger will be up there in the future though no doubt as he is still young. But Hart takes it for me.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
11-30-2010, 07:04 PM
Maybe you guys are right and I'm being a little hard on Swagger. Swagger is still a young guy after all with a lot of room to grow, I still say Hart is far superior right now, but when it's all said and done, maybe Swagger can close the gap a little.

MattElder
11-30-2010, 07:22 PM
I think swagger had some great matches with Christian on ECW and has shown great potential but expierance has to proshere on this one and say Brett.
Who knows if this poll was 2 years later it could be swagger

el gabo
11-30-2010, 07:40 PM
I say Owen.

mrbluto
11-30-2010, 09:57 PM
Brett Hart and it is not even close.

Lowki
11-30-2010, 10:17 PM
Okay a guy who was trained by his dad or an ALL AMERICAN WRESTLER?! Swagger gets this... Experience or not. Swagger is a rare phenomenon. Besides Angle, Lesnar and Benjamin how many other all american amateur wrestlers have you seen recently?
Can't poll atm =/

IrkenInvader
11-30-2010, 10:18 PM
Okay a guy who was trained by his dad or an ALL AMERICAN WRESTLER?! Swagger gets this... Experience or not.

2 time! 2 time! All American American.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
11-30-2010, 10:51 PM
Okay a guy who was trained by his dad or an ALL AMERICAN WRESTLER?! Swagger gets this... Experience or not. Swagger is a rare phenomenon. Besides Angle, Lesnar and Benjamin how many other all american amateur wrestlers have you seen recently?
Can't poll atm =/

So what? Amateur wrestler= great pro wrestler automatically? Bret Hart in his prime could wrestle circles around Swagger right now. Sorry, but that's just the way I feel.

Bodom
11-30-2010, 11:41 PM
Bret Hart all the way.

Swagger's good but he didn't train in the Dungeon.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-01-2010, 12:04 AM
**ATTENTION EVERYONE** Poll is now up to be used!! Thank you to whatever moderator (probably Bodom) put it up for me!!

jcagosto
12-01-2010, 12:05 AM
He could have been trained by his grandmother, and still i say Bret Hart all the way...

IrkenInvader
12-01-2010, 12:07 AM
Who is the better technical wrestler: Bret Hart or Jack Swagger? Easy Chris Jericho.

Necroyeti
12-01-2010, 12:10 AM
Who is the better technical wrestler: Bryan Danielson or Mo from Men on a Mission?

straightedge916
12-01-2010, 12:46 AM
Is this really a serious question? Why ask this? Bret Hart by far. He is the best technical wrestler to ever live, no dis respect to Owen nor Stu, but i think Bret can beat both their asses in a wrestling match. not pro wrestling match, but a wrestling match.

Splattered-Dreams
12-01-2010, 05:18 AM
This isn't going to be a popular answer - but Swagger. Bret's a great in-ring performer, but he was pushed so much as a pure wrestler ebcause there really wasnt much else at the time. What were they gonna do, push 350lb guys as actual wrestlers?

TJHawkesybaby
12-01-2010, 07:15 AM
Who is the better technical wrestler: Bret Hart or Jack Swagger? Easy Chris Jericho.

I like this answer most!!!

I really cant see it with Swagger I know he's young and still to learn but damn that guy is just plain boring!!! Ive had some grief on another thread about my view on Swagger and im gonna stick by my guns on this one... He will not make it!!!

-edit- 100th post :D

Lowki
12-01-2010, 08:34 AM
So what? Amateur wrestler= great pro wrestler automatically? Bret Hart in his prime could wrestle circles around Swagger right now. Sorry, but that's just the way I feel.
It says technical not pro wrestler. Hart was good but swagger is better.

Taxi Driver
12-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Bret Hart IMO.

cato79
12-01-2010, 12:38 PM
As one of the guys said, who knows in a couple of years, but as of now... Bret gets the submission by a Sharpshooter after countering the controvertial Ankle Lock...

My vote goes to Bret...!!

Bodom
12-01-2010, 12:44 PM
This is going to be a close one!

Necroyeti
I liked Jack Swagger better when he was called Kurt Angle.

Bodom
I liked Jack Swagger better when he was called Kurt Angle.

Don't forget Jake Hager!

The master of the Hagermeister!

Necroyeti
12-01-2010, 12:48 PM
He had a finished called the Hagermeister under that name? That's...... fuckin' glorious!

Bodom
12-01-2010, 12:52 PM
He had a finished called the Hagermeister under that name? That's...... fuckin' glorious!

Yepp!

OVW! FTW!

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-01-2010, 01:13 PM
It says technical not pro wrestler. Hart was good but swagger is better.

Technical PRO wrestling, not amateur wrestling. Hart is a far superior technical pro wrestler in my opinion.

Ren 13
12-01-2010, 02:54 PM
Yeah, It's the Hitman. He could do it all. I think you would have had to see him in his prime for a few years to actually appreciate the excellence of execution.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to bump this thread and the Hennig/Malenko thread, as both polls end today. Get your last minute votes in and have your voices be heard!!

Kashdinero
12-03-2010, 05:51 PM
Amatuer wrestling is not technical wrestling. Bret by a crystal clear mile. Hart would have excelled in any era.

Rich Cranium
12-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Bret Hart - he was also a great amateur wrestler in Calgary and could have competed in the Commonwealth Games but declined to pursue professional wrestling.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-04-2010, 12:40 AM
I'm a little late on this, but with all the excitement of Smackdown (...not) i forgot. Anyway, Bret Hart advances to round 2!! he goes on to face the winner of the Ric Flair/Eddie Guerrero match-up in the next round. Nice work Hitman..