PDA

View Full Version : NXT Season 4 Rookie & Pros

johnadah
11-30-2010, 09:41 PM
As reported on PWInsider.com - 11/30/10

our finalized list for Season Four of NXT:

*Daniel Bryan, the first NXT Rookie to return as a Pro, will be mentoring Derrick Bateman.

*Alberto Del Rio will be mentoring Conor O'Brian.

*R Truth will be mentoring Johnny Curtis.

*Chris Masters will be mentoring Byron Saxton.

Ted DiBiase will be mentoring Brodius Clay.

There must have been a last second change as Michael Cole is not mentoring anyone. He was absolutely set to do so as late as this afternoon.

Seth Rollins and Damien Sandow were considered for Season Four, but later dropped in favor of other talents.

For those of you who are familiar with FCW and their talent, what are your thoughts and predictions for the upcoming season of NXT?

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-30-2010, 09:47 PM
Wow. I only see 2 people on this list of pro's that interests me.

SilverGhost
11-30-2010, 09:48 PM
Finally! The end of the diva NXT.

I'll watch NXT when season 4 starts.

Dameduse823
Two thoughts.

1. WWE Needs to fire whoever is coming up with these pathetic ring names

2. What is the point of having a fourth season when its only an internet show?

SilverGhost
Wow. I only see 2 people on this list of pro's that interests me.

My guess is Bryan and Del Rio right?

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-30-2010, 09:52 PM
My guess is Bryan and Del Rio right?

Gasp! If I could give you an A+ sticker through the internet I so would. You got the two names right. ;p

SilverGhost
11-30-2010, 09:56 PM
Gasp! If I could give you an A+ sticker through the internet I so would. You got the two names right. ;p

Lol yes!

It would be fun to see on how they treat their rookies.

Masters is a surprise.

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-30-2010, 09:58 PM
Lol yes!

It would be fun to see on how they treat their rookies.

Masters is a surprise.

Maybe he will teach his rookie how to do the man tit dance to Crazy Train.

SilverGhost
11-30-2010, 10:00 PM
Maybe he will teach his rookie how to do the man tit dance to Crazy Train.

LOL xD

R-Truth is no surprise. It could have been Finaly but whatever.

TED?! Ok....WWE isn't trying anymore.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
11-30-2010, 10:00 PM
Disappointing that Tyler Black didn't make it (unless they changed his name to one of these stupid ones and I'm not aware of it...no I don't watch FCW). Are any of these guys even good? i literally know nothing about them. Anyone know of any links to decent matches or promos? I'd really like to pregame this one.

K2Jelly
11-30-2010, 10:01 PM
Disappointing that Tyler Black didn't make it (unless they changed his name to one of these stupid ones and I'm not aware of it...no I don't watch FCW). Are any of these guys even good? i literally know nothing about them. Anyone know of any links to decent matches or promos? I'd really like to pregame this one.

They did change his name. Seth Rollins. -_-

K2Jelly
11-30-2010, 10:02 PM
Hold on. I just saw the list of rookies and one of them is Byron Saxton. Wasn't he one of ECW's ringside commentators?

SilverGhost
11-30-2010, 10:04 PM

Tyler Black= Seth Rollins

I heard somethings about Byron Saxton but I am not a good source. He was an announcer in FCW but never knew he was a wrestler.

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-30-2010, 10:13 PM
LOL xD

R-Truth is no surprise. It could have been Finaly but whatever.

TED?! Ok....WWE isn't trying anymore.

He really should not even have a pro spot yet. I mean it was not too long ago that Ted was being introduced to us as rookies alongside his (at the time partner) Cody Rhodes. Seems REALLY odd to me.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
11-30-2010, 10:16 PM
Tyler Black= Seth Rollins

I heard somethings about Byron Saxton but I am not a good source. He was an announcer in FCW but never knew he was a wrestler.

WTF...Tyler Black sounds cooler. And from what I've seen of FCW (I have watched a few matches) they like to put they're wretlers on commentaries to grow thier mic skills. It's actually a good idea.

CMhuw24
11-30-2010, 10:17 PM
Daniel Bryan is a mentor even though he was a rookie himself only 3seasons ago. but still hes the second best choice there imo.
But obivously he never was a rookie, hell the guy has the best technical ability in WWE today.

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-30-2010, 10:22 PM
WTF...Tyler Black sounds cooler. And from what I've seen of FCW (I have watched a few matches) they like to put they're wretlers on commentaries to grow thier mic skills. It's actually a good idea.

I think it will work out for the fans of him and himself.

Let us face the facts... A lot of wrestlers have come into the WWE from the indys an have had their names trademarked, and then when they happened to end up getting released they were forbidden from taking their names back with them. So if "Seth Rollins" ever had the ball dropped on him then he could easily go back to being Tyler Black. Which I prefer it to be that way. I do agree how ever that Seth Rollins is a dumbass name.. Thank goodness that he was not brought in as Brutus Butch though . That would have been even worse.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
11-30-2010, 10:22 PM
Why the fuck isn't Seth Rollins on here then? It's so stupid, he's clearly ready. Maybe they want him on Tough Enough, which would be a saving grace for them, but they could have paired him up with Cole as his pro. That would make for some good T.V. imo.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
11-30-2010, 10:26 PM
I think it will work out for the fans of him and himself.

Let us face the facts... A lot of wrestlers have come into the WWE from the indys an have had their names trademarked, and then when they happened to end up getting released they were forbidden from taking their names back with them. So if "Seth Rollins" ever had the ball dropped on him then he could easily go back to being Tyler Black. Which I prefer it to be that way. I do agree how ever that Seth Rollins is a dumbass name.. Thank goodness that he was not brought in as Brutus Butch though . That would have been even worse.

Good point. i didn't think of that.

johnadah
11-30-2010, 10:33 PM
He really should not even have a pro spot yet. I mean it was not too long ago that Ted was being introduced to us as rookies alongside his (at the time partner) Cody Rhodes. Seems REALLY odd to me.

Considering that Rhodes already had a spot, I don't think it is surprising at all that he will be a pro.

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-30-2010, 10:36 PM
Considering that Rhodes already had a spot, I don't think it is surprising at all that he will be a pro.

2nd season of NXT right?

I barely even remember Rhodes being apart of NXT. But I shake my head at the knowledge of that as well.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
11-30-2010, 10:37 PM
Apparently Ziggler is a pro too...his rookie is Jacob Novak. must be a late addition or something

johnadah
11-30-2010, 10:38 PM
2nd season of NXT right?

I barely even remember Rhodes being apart of NXT. But I shake my head at the knowledge of that as well.

Yes, second season. He was Husky Harris' pro.

johnadah
11-30-2010, 10:42 PM
Apparently Ziggler is a pro too...his rookie is Jacob Novak. must be a late addition or something

Ziggler deserves to be a pro. He's a great athlete and a great entertainer.

IrkenInvader
11-30-2010, 10:44 PM
Why not Cena? He's obviously not fired so make him a pro.

Necroyeti
11-30-2010, 10:55 PM
Nah brah, John Cena's gonna be a rookie

el gabo
11-30-2010, 10:57 PM
Nah brah, John Cena's gonna be a rookie

That would have been great, Bryan showing Cena how to wrestle and Cena showing Bryan how to talk.

SilverGhost
11-30-2010, 10:58 PM
Why not Cena? He's obviously not fired so make him a pro.

http://pawsru.org/m/src/m32046_facedesk.jpg

Bodom
11-30-2010, 10:59 PM
Only 2 of these guys are worth a damn.

Bodom
11-30-2010, 11:00 PM
http://pawsru.org/m/src/m32046_facedesk.jpg

I laughed so hard I almost fell out of my chair.

Perfect picture SG. Bravo.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
11-30-2010, 11:02 PM
Only 2 of these guys are worth a damn.

Which two?

SilverGhost
11-30-2010, 11:03 PM
Which two?

Del Rio and Bryan I believe.

SilverGhost
11-30-2010, 11:04 PM
I laughed so hard I almost fell out of my chair.

Perfect picture SG. Bravo.

I try xD

Perfect example of expressing facepalm in another way!

Bodom
11-30-2010, 11:06 PM
Which two?

Byron Saxton improved a LOT with his heel turn. Brodus Clay looks intriguing.

The rest just look bland.

SilverGhost
11-30-2010, 11:07 PM

I thought you meant pros xD

I heard of Byron Saxton but nothing on his work....

Scottland
11-30-2010, 11:10 PM
I'm actually surprised WWE is even considering doing a NXT Season 4. I mean the show is no longer on television for pete sakes. When does the Tough Enough program start up?

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
A quote from Ryan Clark on EWN front page:

Seth Rollins, who was rumored for Season 4 of WWE NXT but didn't make the cut, tweeted, "Today is just one of those days where I hate everything and everyone." Seth Rollins is former ROH World Champion Tyler Black. There was a rumor this afternoon that Michael Cole was going to be the "Pro" and Seth Rollins/Tyler Black was to be the rookie but those plans were scrapped at some point today at the NXT/SD! tapings.

Again, unless they are going to put Black on Tuff Enough, I don't get it, and apparently Black doesn't either.

Bodom
I thought you meant pros xD

I heard of Byron Saxton but nothing on his work....

He's still not all that great, but he stands more than everybody else.

This is still looking to be a weak season though.

Bodom
11-30-2010, 11:12 PM
I'm actually surprised WWE is even considering doing a NXT Season 4. I mean the show is no longer on television for pete sakes. When does the Tough Enough program start up?

I think they still air NXT on TV in Canada. So maybe this is just to fulfill those TV obligations

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
11-30-2010, 11:12 PM

Is Brodus Clay the big guy? Because I think he looks pretty alright.

Scottland
11-30-2010, 11:13 PM
I think they still air NXT on TV in Canada. So maybe this is just to fulfill those TV obligations

Really? I thought the show was off television completely...lol...leave to Canada.

Bodom
11-30-2010, 11:14 PM
Is Brodus Clay the big guy? Because I think he looks pretty alright.

Yeah he's the big dude with the tats.

I was actually hoping he'd be in this season.

Bodom
11-30-2010, 11:15 PM
Really? I thought the show was off television completely...lol...leave to Canada.

I think I heard that when they first switched to Internet.

Might be wrong though, but thats my best guess

Scottland
11-30-2010, 11:17 PM
I think I heard that when they first switched to Internet.

Might be wrong though, but thats my best guess

You seem to know more then I do about the matter. I feel clueless now...I mean last I heard was NXT Season 3 was going to be the end of the program especially now that Tough Enough seems to be working it's way back. But go figure NXT Season 4 is now happening:confused:

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
11-30-2010, 11:20 PM
Yeah he's the big dude with the tats.

I was actually hoping he'd be in this season.

Can he move? I know he doesn't exaclty have the body-builder type of body, but he does look unique and if he has the wind, I think he can be the fat version of Tazz.

Bodom
11-30-2010, 11:25 PM
You seem to know more then I do about the matter. I feel clueless now...I mean last I heard was NXT Season 3 was going to be the end of the program especially now that Tough Enough seems to be working it's way back. But go figure NXT Season 4 is now happening:confused:

Yeah Im all sorts of confused.

Bodom
11-30-2010, 11:27 PM
Can he move? I know he doesn't exaclty have the body-builder type of body, but he does look unique and if he has the wind, I think he can be the fat version of Tazz.

He's decent in the ring for a big guy. Not great, but ok.

Has a good look though.

BevinBoyz
12-01-2010, 03:02 AM
Yeah Im all sorts of confused.

well im from Canada and it does air here.. every wednesday here in Nova Scotia at 10 pm. on The Score.. and they have told us there is a season 4 of NXT & Filming for Tough Enough is suppose to start in february.. I THINK NXT season 4 is just to pass the time till Tough Enough is ready

Taxi Driver
12-01-2010, 05:10 AM
What the fuck.... Seth Rollins? SMH

AgeoftheFallguy
12-01-2010, 08:24 AM
I think that the issue that no one has really said yet is that Black my over shadow the other guys, hes so much better already why have him go through the process and just end up like Kaval. He won season 2 and look where he is, nowhere. Instead of him being some badass kick you in the face and kill you guy hes some tiny punching bag for every one else on smackdown. If Black did g-ds last gift on INternet or even on tv no one would even care about other guys. But I do say I will miss beig able to see him on reg basis. And I dont know why the Cole thing got trashed sounded like pretty funny idea, prob to close to Miz and Bryan maybe. I dont know what Blacks FCW gimick is. Any one else know?

AgeoftheFallguy
12-01-2010, 08:26 AM
Why not have Ted mentor his younger brother. didnt they talk about the 2 of them doing a stable or something. thats a perfect way to introduce him and for both of them to gain some traction as a decent tag team in a place where there are none.

TJHawkesybaby
12-01-2010, 08:40 AM
Just a quick observation.... someone says Danielson shouldnt be a Pro as he was a rookie in FCW..... well so was Del Rio... if memory serves, Del Rio was Alberto Banderas......? And in the grander scheme of things Danieslon has been "raaassstlin" for longer than Del Rio has!... anyway i thought id just put that out there!

NXT is still on the telly in the UK on sky sports too!

Bodom
12-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Why not have Ted mentor his younger brother. didnt they talk about the 2 of them doing a stable or something. thats a perfect way to introduce him and for both of them to gain some traction as a decent tag team in a place where there are none.

They could have made it a net fan's wet dream by having Tyler Black, Richie Steamboat, Consequences Creed, and Brett DiBiase

Bodom
12-01-2010, 09:09 AM
well im from Canada and it does air here.. every wednesday here in Nova Scotia at 10 pm. on The Score.. and they have told us there is a season 4 of NXT & Filming for Tough Enough is suppose to start in february.. I THINK NXT season 4 is just to pass the time till Tough Enough is ready

So It might be that they're still doing NXT till their TV obligations are finished

TJHawkesybaby
12-01-2010, 09:09 AM
They could have made it a net fan's wet dream by having Tyler Black, Richie Steamboat, Consequences Creed, and Brett DiBiase

lol that made me chuckle!!! But its sooo true lol!

MrFicII
12-01-2010, 09:46 AM
Tyler Black is learning the hard way that he should have never left ROH

AgeoftheFallguy
12-01-2010, 10:16 AM
yeah Colt Cabana had him on his podcast before he went to Flordia and they were coming up with stupid names they would give him. How funny would it have been if some one from developmental was listening and picked one of those.

Taxi Driver
12-01-2010, 11:59 AM
Hopefully Tyler Black doesn't end up like Kaval.

thejman93
12-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Just a quick observation.... someone says Danielson shouldnt be a Pro as he was a rookie in FCW..... well so was Del Rio... if memory serves, Del Rio was Alberto Banderas......? And in the grander scheme of things Danieslon has been "raaassstlin" for longer than Del Rio has!... anyway i thought id just put that out there!

I thought ADR was "Dos Caras" in FCW

Bodom
12-01-2010, 01:07 PM
I thought ADR was "Dos Caras" in FCW

He was both.

el gabo
12-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Isn't Consequences Creed on FCW also?

Liked how he wrestled in TNA. Gimmick was ok for a short while.

johnadah
12-01-2010, 01:31 PM
A quote from Ryan Clark on EWN front page:

Again, unless they are going to put Black on Tuff Enough, I don't get it, and apparently Black doesn't either.

Tough Enough is for guys who need to be taught and trained how to run the ropes, take a bump, develope and create a character. Black would have to go through NXT because he would have a completely unfair advantage against a group of guys coming in with little to no previous wrestling experience.

johnadah
12-01-2010, 01:36 PM

I think I need to change my pants.

johnadah
12-01-2010, 01:38 PM

I believe the original issue was not that Danielson was a rookie in FCW, but that he was a rookie on NXT such a short time ago.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-01-2010, 02:03 PM

Plus Wes Brisco. They all need to be on the main roster one of these days. Here's hoping they're saving some of these guys for Tough Enough. On an un-related note, does anyone know how Tyler Black's mic skills are? I've obviously seen some of his matches and he's no doubt a good ring-worker, but I've never heard a promo from him. I heard he's like a young CM Punk (as if Punk was old...but w/e) and if that were the case: why in the blue hell isn't he on the main roster yet??

SgtGohan
12-01-2010, 02:05 PM
my money is on saxton winning

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Tough Enough is for guys who need to be taught and trained how to run the ropes, take a bump, develope and create a character. Black would have to go through NXT because he would have a completely unfair advantage against a group of guys coming in with little to no previous wrestling experience.

Yeah but they could easily make it a work right? Hopefully they will revamp it, because I'm honestly not intrested in watching a bunch of nobody's learning how to wrestle. I want to see some actual young talent perform in the ring against each other.

Bodom
12-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Plus Wes Brisco. They all need to be on the main roster one of these days. Here's hoping they're saving some of these guys for Tough Enough. On an un-related note, does anyone know how Tyler Black's mic skills are? I've obviously seen some of his matches and he's no doubt a good ring-worker, but I've never heard a promo from him. I heard he's like a young CM Punk (as if Punk was old...but w/e) and if that were the case: why in the blue hell isn't he on the main roster yet??

Brisco is injured

my money is on saxton winning

Either him or Brodus Clay have the best chance of winning. Byron most likely

IrkenInvader
12-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Why wasn't Santino a Pro?

johnadah
12-01-2010, 02:13 PM

I don't know why the hell the embed code won't work, but you can go to the link below to see a promo from Black.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y7RRZdiJoU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7zwPNAn3Gc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bImFCwvSN0&NR=1

Bodom
12-01-2010, 02:17 PM
Why wasn't Santino a Pro?

Santino being a pro for Brodus Clay would have been really fun

johnadah
12-01-2010, 02:22 PM
Santino being a pro for Brodus Clay would have been really fun

I would hate to see them take Santino away from his current angles with Koslov and Tamina though. We all know how bad WWE is about dropping the ball when there are multiple angles running for an individual. Hell, the tend to drop the ball when there is just one angle going on.

Bodom
12-01-2010, 02:25 PM
I would hate to see them take Santino away from his current angles with Koslov and Tamina though. We all know how bad WWE is about dropping the ball when there are multiple angles running for an individual. Hell, the tend to drop the ball when there is just one angle going on.

I know, but I still think it could have made this potentially boring season a bit more fun.

johnadah
12-01-2010, 02:29 PM
I know, but I still think it could have made this potentially boring season a bit more fun.

The more I think about this subject (Santino, not just NXT) the more I realize that Santino seems to make absolutely everything better by leaps and bounds. For example, I don't find Tamina to be attractive at all. But, when I see her on screen with Santino during their angles, I find myself thinking "She actually pretty cute right now". I hope it never gets to the point where I start thinking Koslov is cute just because Santino is around.

Bodom
12-01-2010, 02:32 PM
The more I think about this subject (Santino, not just NXT) the more I realize that Santino seems to make absolutely everything better by leaps and bounds. For example, I don't find Tamina to be attractive at all. But, when I see her on screen with Santino during their angles, I find myself thinking "She actually pretty cute right now". I hope it never gets to the point where I start thinking Koslov is cute just because Santino is around.

Santino has been really good lately. For a while his stuff was lame and corny, but now it's really entertaining.

When you start calling Vladimir cute, let me know and I'll slap some sense into you ;)

johnadah
12-01-2010, 02:54 PM
Santino has been really good lately. For a while his stuff was lame and corny, but now it's really entertaining.

When you start calling Vladimir cute, let me know and I'll slap some sense into you ;)

I was really thrown off when his material started getting a little bit week about 6 months back. I'm glad he's picked right back up though. I really hope he gets his own sitcom on the WWE network when it finally starts. I just don't want it to take him away from wrestling.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-01-2010, 03:07 PM
I don't know why the hell the embed code won't work, but you can go to the link below to see a promo from Black.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y7RRZdiJoU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7zwPNAn3Gc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bImFCwvSN0&NR=1

Not bad. Not Cm Punk, but not many are. Plus I didn't think CM Punk was anything special on the mic either early in his WWE career. Black can definatly make it in the WWE. If he gets better on the mic, who knows, he may just be the futrue of the WWE

johnadah
12-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Not bad. Not Cm Punk, but not many are. Plus I didn't think CM Punk was anything special on the mic either early in his WWE career. Black can definatly make it in the WWE. If he gets better on the mic, who knows, he may just be the futrue of the WWE

I think Punk was probably limited a bit when he started with the company. As we've heard during his commentary over the last couple of weeks, he is very comfortable on the mic, very creative, easily willing to push hot buttons without consideration of how it may effect his job, and absolutely hilarious. Punk is one of the best. I think Black will get to that point as well. It's just a matter of time.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-01-2010, 04:53 PM
I think Punk was probably limited a bit when he started with the company. As we've heard during his commentary over the last couple of weeks, he is very comfortable on the mic, very creative, easily willing to push hot buttons without consideration of how it may effect his job, and absolutely hilarious. Punk is one of the best. I think Black will get to that point as well. It's just a matter of time.

I hope so, because if he does, he will be somebody in the WWE. He has the PERFECT heel look, can get over with the kids, and has the abilites to satisfy even the most hardcore member of the IWC