PDA

View Full Version : Should Jerry Lawler Bestow his Crown upon CM Punk?

Rich Cranium
11-30-2010, 10:24 AM
With the way CM Punk is doing such an amazing job at the broadcast booth, should Jerry retire and let Punk handle color commentary or no since Punk will be back in the ring eventually?

Splattered-Dreams
11-30-2010, 10:27 AM
I voted 'yes', but seriously Punk is a wrestler, let the guy wrestle when he's back

Dameduse823
11-30-2010, 10:34 AM
Punk is a wrestler, he's only doing this because he's popular and WWE doesn't want people to forget about him

Scottland
11-30-2010, 10:38 AM
Punk is working well on the booth BUT Punk is still young & has alot left in terms of his wrestling career. I would say no right now. Punk is still a wrestler & will be back early next year in terms of returning to the ring. But does Punk have a future in the booth? Yes, he does.

jhorton1215
11-30-2010, 10:47 AM
Punk's not a wrestler, he's a superstar... Damn Michael Cole

el gabo
11-30-2010, 11:13 AM
Goes to show how much him and JR did well together. Punk has a great future as commentator but, for now, let him be WWE champ.

JimmytheBlack
11-30-2010, 11:29 AM
He's not Matt Striker, Punk still has a lot of his career left. I'm sure the decision will be up to him. Would be rather be known as a color commentator, or win a couple more titles. Having on commentary is a nice change. Doubt that he would want to be at the announce desk on the outside looking in on Wrestlemania. The King is going to have to step down someday though.

el gabo
11-30-2010, 11:31 AM
He's not Matt Striker, Punk still has a lot of his career left. I'm sure the decision will be up to him. Would be rather be known as a color commentator, or win a couple more titles. Having on commentary is a nice change. Doubt that he would want to be at the announce desk on the outside looking in on Wrestlemania. The King is going to have to step down someday though.

Gonna miss him say puppies.

Splattered-Dreams
11-30-2010, 11:32 AM

Havent heard him use that term in about nine years..

Bodom
11-30-2010, 11:38 AM
Goes to show how much him and JR did well together. Punk has a great future as commentator but, for now, let him be WWE champ.

When JR came back you could really tell that King feeds off JR.

JimmytheBlack
11-30-2010, 11:46 AM

At least with Punk. When someone does a move he'll actually know the name of it.

Splattered-Dreams
11-30-2010, 11:54 AM
At least with Punk. When someone does a move he'll actually know the name of it.

Something even the great (not) Mike Tenay fails to do

el gabo
11-30-2010, 12:18 PM

Thank God Don West is no longer with him.

Taz hasn't been that good either, they're doing a heel Taz onn commentary and I really don't like it.

Lowki
11-30-2010, 12:42 PM
Punk is a good commentator because he tells it like it is... He's got free reign it seems compared to other commentators.
The thing that annoys me about cole and punk is that for months cole has ripped on the Indies, "nerds" and fans who use the internet... Yet punk is sat there in a Colt Cabana T-Shirt and grew up in the indies whilst making references to wrestlers you would only know by reading the internet. Cole also rants on about Bryan preferring to read rather than go out partying, whilst punk sits next to him preaching Straight Edge with a GI Joe tattoo...
Is it just me that could see a potential storyline play out over commentary with punk defending Bryan?

JimmytheBlack
11-30-2010, 12:43 PM

Taz hasn't been that good either, they're doing a heel Taz onn commentary and I really don't like it.

I thought it was the regular Taz just being a douche

JimmytheBlack
11-30-2010, 12:43 PM

What is the a proffesor in anyway? Can't be rasslin.

el gabo
11-30-2010, 12:44 PM
I thought it was the regular Taz just being a douche

Naw. He's forcing the heel character and it doesn't fit him.

Thewoodcutter
11-30-2010, 01:00 PM

It's probably not considered pg

johnadah
11-30-2010, 05:50 PM
Punk is a good commentator because he tells it like it is... He's got free reign it seems compared to other commentators.
The thing that annoys me about cole and punk is that for months cole has ripped on the Indies, "nerds" and fans who use the internet... Yet punk is sat there in a Colt Cabana T-Shirt and grew up in the indies whilst making references to wrestlers you would only know by reading the internet. Cole also rants on about Bryan preferring to read rather than go out partying, whilst punk sits next to him preaching Straight Edge with a GI Joe tattoo...
Is it just me that could see a potential storyline play out over commentary with punk defending Bryan?

Punk was about to go into a program with Danielson before he was injured, so I don't think they're going to just flip that around and have them all buddy-buddy. Punk is still a heel right now. Honestly, I hope they keep him that way long enough for us to enjoy a good long program between Danielson and Punk.

CobraNightviper
11-30-2010, 05:52 PM
I think Punk is just doing the commentary thing until his injury heels then I look forward to him being back in the ring even though he is great on the mic I just think this is fill in work until he is cleared to wrestle(or be a superstar in the ring again)and he's definetly a lot better than Stryker.

el gabo
11-30-2010, 06:54 PM
I think Punk is just doing the commentary thing until his injury heels then I look forward to him being back in the ring even though he is great on the mic I just think this is fill in work until he is cleared to wrestle(or be a superstar in the ring again)and he's definetly a lot better than Stryker.

Yeah, he's no Stryker... Damn

Splattered-Dreams
12-01-2010, 05:11 AM

God, I hate heel taz. TNA must think people are stupid, they shove everything directly dow their fans' throats - no room for subtlety in TNA

Rich Cranium
12-01-2010, 05:21 AM
What happened to my "doesn't matter" option in my poll?