PDA

View Full Version : Miz vs Jerry Lawler

SilverGhost
11-29-2010, 11:12 PM
Your thoughts on this match.

Wow.....King came close....Michael Cole went LOW on that....

jcagosto
Really WWE!? First title defense of The Miz and he barely wins a TLC match against Jerry Lawler!?

johnadah
Does anyone else thing it is weird that Jerry Lawler was partly responsible for the second best match on Raw tonight?

Bodom
11-29-2010, 11:15 PM
I got a kick out of Cole stopping King.

Lame and pretty stupid, but I still smiled.

Starscreamer
11-29-2010, 11:17 PM
I wonder if one will be pulled from the team...Cole just to be the "voice of the GM"...should play interesting on the dynamic of the show...

SilverGhost
11-29-2010, 11:27 PM
The match was good overall don't get me wrong. King had put a great performance and so did Miz. But I think that has made Miz look weak.

Bodom
11-29-2010, 11:30 PM
Would rather have had Riley get back up than Cole save Miz, the newly crowned World Champion.

But Miz is still Champ so it's all good :)

Iron Ape
11-29-2010, 11:30 PM
Almost getting beat by Jerry friggin' Lawler and having to be bailed out by Cole made Miz look a lot worse than weak. It made him look downright laughable. I've yet to figure out if that was intentional or not.

Bodom
11-29-2010, 11:33 PM
Im assuming not intentional.

SilverGhost
11-29-2010, 11:34 PM
Almost getting beat by Jerry friggin' Lawler and having to be bailed out by Cole made Miz look a lot worse than weak. It made him look downright laughable. I've yet to figure out if that was intentional or not.

I am with you on that. If you are saved by Riley....I understand BUT COLE?!@?!? Bodom EVEN YOU MUST SMH AT THIS!

Come on.....being saved by Cole.....Miz won't last long.

Bodom
11-29-2010, 11:36 PM
Oh I am shaking my head at it. Agree with all of you that it was f'n dumb.

SilverGhost
11-29-2010, 11:39 PM
Either way....it was a good match but Miz retaining the championship.....-facepalm- not the way he got it.

Dameduse823
11-29-2010, 11:45 PM
Almost getting beat by Jerry friggin' Lawler and having to be bailed out by Cole made Miz look a lot worse than weak. It made him look downright laughable.

I'm sorry when did Miz stop looking laughable to begin with? He's gonna be one of those champions that gets put in the ring with people 10,000 times more deserving then them and squeaking by with a dq or by getting saved.

King put on an awesome match considering he just turned 61, I believe, and I was very happy to see that. He's had a legendary career and I'm just sorry that he had to have this great match with some throw away champ

SilverGhost
11-29-2010, 11:47 PM
I'm sorry when did Miz stop looking laughable to begin with? He's gonna be one of those champions that gets put in the ring with people 10,000 times more deserving then them and squeaking by with a dq or by getting saved.

King put on an awesome match considering he just turned 61, I believe, and I was very happy to see that. He's had a legendary career and I'm just sorry that he had to have this great match with some throw away champ

Lol at this! xD

Bodom
11-29-2010, 11:49 PM
Almost all of Sheamus's matches had DQ's and screwy finishes. He's doin ok.

Bodom
11-29-2010, 11:49 PM
Lol at this! xD

Grrrr.........

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
11-29-2010, 11:52 PM
It did make the Miz look weak, but then again it was a TLC match, defiantly not Miz's forte, and they can easily fix it by him beating somebody respectable clean...maybe R-truth.

Bodom
11-29-2010, 11:53 PM
It did make the Miz look weak, but then again it was a TLC match, defiantly not Miz's forte, and they can easily fix it by him beating somebody respectable clean...maybe R-truth.

Respectable? R Truth?

Lawler was a more credible opponent.

Justdawg08
11-30-2010, 12:05 AM
Should have had Randy Orton come down and give the chair RKO to Miz... Lawler wins!!!!!!!!

But next week Lawler will vacate the title due to respect for the current WWE locker room, leading to some type of ladder match at TLC with Miz/Orton maybe Barrett.... and let the Miz win... credibly there... maybe with a John Cena screwjob on Wade Barrett as he was climbing.

El_Dandy_LWO
11-30-2010, 12:07 AM
yes....screw you Kaufman

El_Dandy_LWO
11-30-2010, 12:08 AM
no.....screw you Kaufman

SilverGhost
11-30-2010, 12:08 AM

R-Truth.....no.....

SilverGhost
11-30-2010, 12:09 AM
Grrrr.........

The man did have a point.

TheMiz
11-30-2010, 12:12 AM
not really but its just rare

Justdawg08
11-30-2010, 12:13 AM
Come on.. the vets know how to work the ring and the crowd... I knew it would be a good match.

IrkenInvader
11-30-2010, 12:15 AM
Should have had Randy Orton come down and give the chair RKO to Miz... Lawler wins!!!!!!!!

But next week Lawler will vacate the title due to respect for the current WWE locker room, leading to some type of ladder match at TLC with Miz/Orton maybe Barrett.... and let the Miz win... credibly there... maybe with a John Cena screwjob on Wade Barrett as he was climbing.

EWN meme comes back without my help.

Robstar
11-30-2010, 12:16 AM
What we are gonna get with The Miz is a Ric Flair of old style of champ where he barely got away by the seat of his pants, mostly due to dq but the old adage remains - to be the man, you gotta beat the man - and guess what? The Miz is THE MAN!!!

IrkenInvader
11-30-2010, 12:19 AM
no.....screw you Kaufman

Whats with the Kaufman hate?

Bodom
11-30-2010, 12:19 AM
EWN meme comes back without my help.

Missing the baby oil.

SilverGhost
11-30-2010, 12:20 AM
What we are gonna get with The Miz is a Ric Flair of old style of champ where he barely got away by the seat of his pants, mostly due to dq but the old adage remains - to be the man, you gotta beat the man - and guess what? The Miz is THE MAN!!!

If you get bailed out by Michael Cole.....You are really NOT THE MAN!!!!

IrkenInvader
11-30-2010, 12:20 AM
Missing the baby oil.

And Scottland.

el gabo
11-30-2010, 12:21 AM

For a moment there I was stupid enough to think King had a chance, fuckin michael cole. Happy birthdzy to the king. Great present, getting to slam a chair on the miz

SilverGhost
11-30-2010, 12:21 AM
Scottland hasn't been around in a while!

Bodom
11-30-2010, 12:23 AM
Thats true....

Bodom
11-30-2010, 12:24 AM
Cole is fired on commentary, JR is back with Punk and Lawler, and Cole is later revealed as the GM.

IrkenInvader
11-30-2010, 12:25 AM
Cole is fired on commentary, JR is back with Punk and Lawler, and Cole is later revealed as the GM.

If only creative was that smart.

Robstar
11-30-2010, 12:29 AM
If you get bailed out by Michael Cole.....You are really NOT THE MAN!!!!

Brush up on your Horseman era Flair. He got so many dodgy victories around that time. And anyway, Cole is the other MAN!!!

And Vickie is god. That is all.

Iron Ape
11-30-2010, 12:34 AM
I think I broke that Scottland guy's brain. :(

qwerty704
11-30-2010, 12:34 AM
oh yea seeing that king never won a wwe title, very shocking wwe had me for a sec way to throw cole in their =)

Bodom
11-30-2010, 12:40 AM
That guy took words on the internet waaay to serious.

SilverGhost
11-30-2010, 12:41 AM
Baby oil baby oil baby oil!

Randy orton randy orton randy orton!

IrkenInvader
11-30-2010, 12:44 AM
Baby oil baby oil baby oil!

Randy orton randy orton randy orton!

I hear if you say that into your mirror: Scottland will be instantly sommuned to your house.

Bodom
11-30-2010, 12:46 AM
I hear if you say that into your mirror: Scottland will be instantly sommuned to your house.

As long as it isn't IPITS.

Necroyeti
11-30-2010, 01:11 AM
The Miz is a heel champion in WWE... were you honestly expecting him to be booked to look strong?

Kinda funny that a 61 year old guy had the second best match of the night, during a "Youth Movement" no less, although I guess it would pretty difficult to make a TLC match dull.

johnadah
11-30-2010, 01:28 AM
Come on.. the vets know how to work the ring and the crowd... I knew it would be a good match.

I knew he word work the crowd well. That wasn't the issue. What surprised me a bit was just how well he and Miz worked together. I'm not sure how much they rehearsed for the match, if at all, but I thought they worked very well together considering how seldom King still wrestles. I seriously enjoyed the match. I thought it was great when Cole got in the ring to work the finish also. WWE actually ran a smart show tonight. And that match was one of the highlights.

SilverGhost
11-30-2010, 01:29 AM
The Miz is a heel champion in WWE... were you honestly expecting him to be booked to look strong?

Kinda funny that a 61 year old guy had the second best match of the night, during a "Youth Movement" no less, although I guess it would pretty difficult to make a TLC match dull.

Its not that. I would have been fine if Riley came and helped Miz....but dude....COLE? FUCKING COLE? Cole made Miz look weak as hell dude.

Bralon23
11-30-2010, 02:47 AM

Thank you. Miz basically stole the title, so it doesn't matter how he comes off at the end of the matches as longs as all of you assclowns are disappointed that he still has the title. It's really not that hard to figure out. They did the same thing with Edge in '06 when he had a ladder match against Flair, except Lita helped him win.

AGEOFFALL
11-30-2010, 04:06 AM
In my opinion best match of the night.

AGEOFFALL
11-30-2010, 04:11 AM
It would have been nice to see Lawler win.

CMhuw24
11-30-2010, 04:54 AM
It would have been nice to see Lawler win.

If this was TNA he probably wouldve condisering hes over 50..
But its WWE so sadly not.

CMhuw24
11-30-2010, 04:59 AM
Match of the year? ;)

captainmoonlight
11-30-2010, 05:04 AM
as a previous poster suggested he's going to be a spawny champion, escaping each week with DQ's and countouts and riley saving him

AGEOFFALL
11-30-2010, 05:27 AM
as a previous poster suggested he's going to be a spawny champion, escaping each week with DQ's and countouts and riley saving him

Typical heel champion!

AGEOFFALL
11-30-2010, 05:31 AM
Match of the year? ;)

Miz was in it.. so no. But I'll give it this. Even though Lawler had no chance of winning it was still a pretty darn entertaining match.

CMhuw24
11-30-2010, 06:03 AM
Miz was in it.. so no. But I'll give it this. Even though Lawler had no chance of winning it was still a pretty darn entertaining match.

Miz aint that bad compared to how he used to be >.<
Yeahh more of an entertaining match rather than techincal but still i enjoyed it, which is rare for a raw main event.

printz1224
11-30-2010, 06:54 AM
for a second, i was hoping as a birthday present, they were gonna have Lawler win. Only to have the GM chime in with some outlandish reason why he can't be champ and award it back to Miz.

CMhuw24
11-30-2010, 07:00 AM
for a second, i was hoping as a birthday present, they were gonna have Lawler win. Only to have the GM chime in with some outlandish reason why he can't be champ and award it back to Miz.

Oh god does this mean when its Santino Marellas birthday he gets a title shot >.<

Kashdinero
11-30-2010, 07:01 AM
What was great about the match was how much the crowd were eating it up.

el gabo
11-30-2010, 07:32 AM

Even though we all knew King had no chance in hell, I actually got excited for a second when he climbed the ladder at the end of the match. Good match for an oldie for a change.

SgtGohan
11-30-2010, 07:38 AM

Let it be so

TJHawkesybaby
11-30-2010, 08:11 AM
Ill be honest i think that match was awesome one of the best matches on Raw in a long time! As much as I rate the Miz and kinda like him.... eugh that didnt feel right! I was hopin Jerry would win just for him never doin it before and hopin he did..... but im always the optimist!!!

el gabo
11-30-2010, 08:15 AM
Thank you. Miz basically stole the title, so it doesn't matter how he comes off at the end of the matches as longs as all of you assclowns are disappointed that he still has the title. It's really not that hard to figure out. They did the same thing with Edge in '06 when he had a ladder match against Flair, except Lita helped him win.

Assclowns? Don't forget to include yourself and your dad.

el gabo
11-30-2010, 08:19 AM
On the flip side, it was great to see King punch the shit out of Cole. Would have been greater if he did that while he was reading the email from the RAW GM.

"May I have your attention. I have just received an em... *PUNCH*"

TJHawkesybaby
11-30-2010, 08:22 AM
I though it was a brilliant match one of the best, maybe 2nd best on weekly show this year!!!

Think about it they had and hour to build the story after a 3 min altercation between the 2 of em for us to believe in it! The match was top draw story telling... The Miz and Jerry worked brilliantly together, Jezza can still dance man!!! Great back and forth action some top spots in there too Miz taking some serious bumps, which ive got some respect for, and the pair of em taking the crowd for all there worth!!! That in my book equals good match and they had TLC rules to play with! They should have been given more time to play with as it really could have been an epic i think!

No matter what people say about The Miz he has came on leaps and bounds in that past year and has turned into a very good rassstler!!!

Top match!!!

cato79
11-30-2010, 01:29 PM
With all due respect that "The King" deserves... This match even beig good as it was, it really exposes the "champion" that The Miz is in the eyes of WWE... he was unable to beat a 61 year old Legend by himslef, but he needed the help of, not one, but two sidekicks...

AWESOME...!!

SgtGohan
11-30-2010, 01:36 PM
i liked cole getting punched, but i hated it that he interfered! i'd much rather would have had alex riley do that

SilverGhost
11-30-2010, 01:39 PM
With all due respect that "The King" deserves... This match even beig good as it was, it really exposes the "champion" that The Miz is in the eyes of WWE... he was unable to beat a 61 year old Legend by himslef, but he needed the help of, not one, but two sidekicks...

AWESOME...!!

i liked cole getting punched, but i hated it that he interfered! i'd much rather would have had alex riley do that

I am still shaking my head because that bullshit happened! The Miz looks weak with BOTH Riley and Cole.

Riley is understandable but the moment that Cole got in the ring and got King's boot, I said WHAT THE HELL?

thejman93
11-30-2010, 02:04 PM

That's the first thing that popped into my head after RAW last night... we'll see

CobraNightviper
11-30-2010, 05:36 PM
Cole,Miz and Riley a new stable(the coleminers),Cole could be revealed as the raw g.m and it could be another storyline like in wcw when Bishoff was in control and was a member of the nwo but I hope not.

Bodom
11-30-2010, 07:48 PM
That's the first thing that popped into my head after RAW last night... we'll see

We just need to throw logic out the window. Because why would Cole fire himself......

SilverGhost
11-30-2010, 08:57 PM
We just need to throw logic out the window. Because why would Cole fire himself......

WWE is so smart with that storyline.

Dameduse823
11-30-2010, 09:41 PM
Cole,Miz and Riley a new stable(the coleminers),Cole could be revealed as the raw g.m and it could be another storyline like in wcw when Bishoff was in control and was a member of the nwo but I hope not.

It wouldn't be the coleminers, it would be the Age of Irritation

SilverGhost
12-01-2010, 12:54 AM
It wouldn't be the coleminers, it would be the Age of Irritation

Nah

Age of -insertMiz'scatchphrasehere-

Dameduse823
12-01-2010, 01:17 AM
Nah

Age of -insertMiz'scatchphrasehere-

I believe this has proved my point.

The Age of Irritation has begun. Cthulu help us all

eyehatecena
12-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Actually liked the match...sure it made Miz look a lil weak...but like it was stated before in the thread...it was a TLC match. Lawler proved he still has it depsite his age. i would rtaher see him in the ring instead of Flair or Hogan- just as long as he did not compete veru often.
Cole- well I just hope this removes him from the annoucing tableCM Punk is much better