PDA

View Full Version : 2010 King of the Ring: Sheamus

johnadah
11-29-2010, 10:50 PM
I noted on a previous thread that John Morrison and Sheamus would be my two preferred choices for KOTR. Needless to say, I was ecstatic to see them face off in the finals. I've enjoyed the program they've been running over the last several weeks. And I think this was a great way to cap it off. What are your thoughts on the King Sheamus?

Bodom
11-29-2010, 10:51 PM
He didn't really need it, but im pleased.

K2Jelly
11-29-2010, 10:55 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

el gabo
11-29-2010, 10:55 PM

True, unless they use this for hhh return, I don't see why jomo didn't win

Bodom
11-29-2010, 10:58 PM

Maybe they lost faith in Morrison?

johnadah
11-29-2010, 11:04 PM

With it being known that HHH is due back very soon, I expected Sheamus to win. He'll be back, and it will involve some cheesey line similar to "You may be the King of the Ring, but I'm the King of Kings." I agree that Sheamus didn't need the win, but I'm glad he got it. Ric Flair didn't need 16 World Championships, but that's part of what makes him a legend.

johnadah
11-29-2010, 11:08 PM

I doubt it was WWE losing faith in him. I'm sure it's just to help build for HHH's return. Not to mention, WWE is really high on Sheamus and Barrett. I'm sure they truly believe that Sheamus deserves it. I'm inclined to agree with them.

Bodom
11-29-2010, 11:08 PM
So we get a repeat of the Booker T - HHH feud.

Lame

Bodom
11-29-2010, 11:09 PM
I doubt it was WWE losing faith in him. I'm sure it's just to help build for HHH's return. Not to mention, WWE is really high on Sheamus and Barrett. I'm sure they truly believe that Sheamus deserves it. I'm inclined to agree with them.

Oh no doubt. It's just beginning to look like Morrsison will be stuck in mid card

DKO Killa
11-29-2010, 11:15 PM
C'mon everybody, u already know what this means. Triple H is coming for Sheamus, simple as that. Honestly, I'm really hoping that doesn't happen cuz it already been used. Remember King Booker was KOTR, and what happen. Triple H returns against Booker to reclaim the throne. Give me your thoughts.

Starscreamer
11-29-2010, 11:18 PM
I was really hoping I'd hear the "King of King" music to be played as an interupt...needless to say, was dissapointed...

johnadah
11-29-2010, 11:20 PM
Oh no doubt. It's just beginning to look like Morrsison will be stuck in mid card

I really hope it doesn't turn out that way. He is World Heavyweight Championship material. And I do specifically mean the World Heavyweight Championship. I don't care how much time WWE spends trying to say that the WWE Championship is the most prestigous title in the business just because it's named for them. The World Heavyweight Cahmpionship has 112 years of heritage and John Morrison deserves to be part of that lineage.

Starscreamer
11-29-2010, 11:22 PM

There is no lost faith in the Palace of Wisdom.....
man I miss those days....

In dire need of a tag line

Starscreamer

Bodom
11-29-2010, 11:22 PM
I really hope it doesn't turn out that way. He is World Heavyweight Championship material. And I do specifically mean the World Heavyweight Championship. I don't care how much time WWE spends trying to say that the WWE Championship is the most prestigous title in the business just because it's named for them. The World Heavyweight Cahmpionship has 112 years of heritage and John Morrison deserves to be part of that lineage.

I hope it doesn't turn out that way either. Guy has World Champ written all over him. Regardless of which belt.

johnadah
11-29-2010, 11:25 PM
I hope it doesn't turn out that way either. Guy has World Champ written all over him. Regardless of which belt.

I think he deserves either belt just as much. I just put a lot more importance on the WHC then the WWE Title.

Bodom
11-29-2010, 11:27 PM
I think he deserves either belt just as much. I just put a lot more importance on the WHC then the WWE Title.

To each his own. As long as Morrison makes it to that level.

Iron Ape
11-29-2010, 11:35 PM

Fine by me. That's where most of the company's wrestling talent is. And considering that most of the main event angles involve talking and promos and such, it's not as if Morrison has really earned a slot there, anyways.

Robstar
11-29-2010, 11:38 PM
For the record, I believe I was the first person here to throw up Sheamus as the most likely winner. Ha.

Oh yeah, boyzzzz, I'm back!

Vickie G - FTW!!!

johnadah
11-29-2010, 11:39 PM
Fine by me. That's where most of the company's wrestling talent is. And considering that most of the main event angles involve talking and promos and such, it's not as if Morrison has really earned a slot there, anyways.

I find that entirely impossible to believe. Morrison is great on the mic, both as a heel and a face. Between that and his athletic prowess, he's deserved the belt for at least 2 years.

Bodom
11-29-2010, 11:40 PM

The guy can talk, he's just too damn goofy. He can put on main event quality matches.

Bodom
11-29-2010, 11:41 PM
I find that entirely impossible to believe. Morrison is great on the mic, both as a heel and a face. Between that and his athletic prowess, he's deserved the belt for at least 2 years.

He's far from great on the mic. Maybe slightly above average. But nowhere near great.

Iron Ape
11-29-2010, 11:42 PM

Great on the mic? Huh? Are we both talking about the same John Morrison? :confused:

Starscreamer
11-29-2010, 11:45 PM
durring the "Be Jealous" days...it was Miz who carried the mic skills...

Iron Ape
11-29-2010, 11:45 PM
The guy can talk, he's just too damn goofy. He can put on main event quality matches.

I know he can. Unfortunately, nowadays, that's not high up on the list of prerequisites to get a run with the belt.

Bodom
11-29-2010, 11:47 PM
I know he can. Unfortunately, nowadays, that's not high up on the list of prerequisites to get a run with the belt.

Sigh............

themiz666
11-29-2010, 11:49 PM
i just want triple h back

Bodom
11-29-2010, 11:50 PM
Ummmm what?

SilverGhost
11-29-2010, 11:52 PM
Ummmm what?

Sheamus wins KOTR, gloats about it for weeks, Triple H's "King of Kings" music hits, BATTLE FOR KING AND REVENGE BEGINS!!!!

Possible....

Bodom
11-29-2010, 11:54 PM
Sheamus wins KOTR, gloats about it for weeks, Triple H's "King of Kings" music hits, BATTLE FOR KING AND REVENGE BEGINS!!!!

Possible....

And then Sheamus is buried!

Iron Ape
11-29-2010, 11:56 PM
Arguing over who the true "king" is is just going to make them look like a couple of jacked LARPers.

SilverGhost
11-29-2010, 11:56 PM
And then Sheamus is buried!

AND Sheamus' push is DEAD!!!

AndherestheJ
11-29-2010, 11:59 PM
I thought the same exact thing!.....and again disappointment. Especially when he talked about Irish King's or something lol.

Justdawg08
11-30-2010, 12:07 AM
ALLLL HAILLLL KINNNNNGGG SHEAMMMUSSSSSS... did you see his chain wrestling with that armbar on John Morrison? Never letting go of the arm in that arm bar while flipping him over and going right back to the submission... AWESOME

TheMiz
11-30-2010, 12:23 AM
i just want triple h back

wannabe me?

Justdawg08
11-30-2010, 01:06 AM
Sad thing was... by the time Morrison came out a third time in the evening, his reaction was almost the size of a wwe divas... ALMOST...

El_Phenomenal
11-30-2010, 01:09 AM
For the life of me, i do not know why Del Rio did not win the whole shebang. Clearly he beat Danielson cleanly and made him tap out, so why was he screwed over by Mysterio? Oye Hijo!!!

johnadah
11-30-2010, 01:22 AM
Great on the mic? Huh? Are we both talking about the same John Morrison? :confused:

Sure, there are times when the guy's promos aren't completely up their. But the times when he is completely confident and enjoying the promo that he is cutting, he shines. Some of the Dirt Sheet stuff he did was along the lines of a Chris Jericho promo. I understand thinking that certain things he does are a bit goofy, but it fits his character. He can tear a guy down just like Jericho did, while insulting them and amusing the audience. I think he is very good on the mic.

johnadah
11-30-2010, 01:44 AM
AND Sheamus' push is DEAD!!!

The push isn't dead if he comes out on top. Triple H has to worry about corporate matters a lot more nowadays and, as we've seen by how much DX did to help Cody Rhodes and Ted Jr., Triple H is very willing to put over young talent. Hopefully it will end up with either a split between matches, or just Sheamus coming out on top. I believe Sheamus is going to be a very large part of WWE's future. I think Triple H knows that very well also.

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
11-30-2010, 03:22 AM
Is anybody else besides me a bit thrown off that Sheamus won the KotR crown? I mean, here me out. I love the guy's character. It is one of my favorites on TV right now. But honestly, I do not think he was a suitable pick to wear the king of the ring crown this year. Yes, I understand why they did it. It is obvious they want to set up a HHH vs Sheamus feud, but was it really necessary? I think they could have a great feud with him winning the crown. In my opinion, I think they should have used this opportunity to make new stars with the KotR. Sheamus did not need to win this at all. He was perfectly fine with out it and he could have worked with out to. Its the other competitors that I felt he could used it more. Lets take a look at some of the contestants.

Daniel Bryan: Technically, with DB being the best technical wrestler in the WWE, this guy IS the king of the ring. It would have fit him well and I honestly think DB could have made the list of KotR winners more prestige.

Alberto Del Rio: This was the one I predicted to win it. He already acts like a king on Smackdown; he was just missing a crown. Him winning the tournament and gaining the moniker 'King of the Ring' would have been perfect for him and it could have actually solidified him as a bonified main eventer. Although, it looks like he'll be there soon enough anyways .... I just felt the crown just suited him more than Sheamus.

"Dashing" Cody Rhodes: Hell, even the Dashing one could have made a better choice for a King of the Ring. He is really starting to grow into his character as of lately. I love his gimmick. One of the best gimmicks on TV. The way he just goes ballistic when someone hits him in the face and how he cowers when someone comes close to it. Shit, with the way he holds himself to high regard now, just imagine how bad he would be if he was King of the Ring. Oh lord. We'd never hear the end of it.

Drew McIntyre: He has the look of a king and even the attitude of one. With him being the 'chosen one' he could have easily passed off being a king. He already believes he is best thing walking in WWE right now. Why not give him something to back it up?

John Morrison: Now I really don't understand why they didn't let THIS guy win. Now I don't know about you, but am I the only one who is sick of seeing JoMo in the mid-cards? They had a perfect opportunity to use this tournament as a way to push this guy to the main event, but they blew it off only to give a little, unneeded, spice to Sheamus vs HHH? Really?

I just honestly felt the tournament could have served better for the other young talents than as an unnecessary reason for Sheamus and Triple H to feud with one another. As you can see above. I am not saying Sheamus sucks. I just think the role could have been used to help others out the other contestants more.

ed is dead
11-30-2010, 03:37 AM
john morrison's promo with sheamus backstage was just cringe-worthy

Iron Ape
11-30-2010, 03:44 AM
How many Sheamus/King of the Ring threads does one board need?

Iron Ape
11-30-2010, 03:47 AM
Sure, there are times when the guy's promos aren't completely up their. But the times when he is completely confident and enjoying the promo that he is cutting, he shines. Some of the Dirt Sheet stuff he did was along the lines of a Chris Jericho promo. I understand thinking that certain things he does are a bit goofy, but it fits his character. He can tear a guy down just like Jericho did, while insulting them and amusing the audience. I think he is very good on the mic.

John Morrison has NEVER done anything on a microphone that has warranted a comparison to Chris Jericho, and I cordially invite you to provide video evidence that proves otherwise. :)

AGEOFFALL
11-30-2010, 04:02 AM
Waste of a King.

cubco
11-30-2010, 04:43 AM
HHH will be a suprise entrant in the rumble, but won't win.

They will meet one on one at Mania

cubco
11-30-2010, 04:44 AM
King Sheamus was probably the best option to go for.
King Del Rio would have been too good, but it is too soon for him, maybe next year.

CMhuw24
11-30-2010, 04:52 AM
Meh its Sheamus so get over it.
Jo-Mo will get there soon.

AGEOFFALL
11-30-2010, 05:49 AM
Daniel Bryan - Keep dreaming.
Alberto Del Rio - Good choice but too soon.
John Morrison - Good Choice.
Cody Rhodes - Good Choice but better choices in tournament.
Ezekiel Jackson - Dark horse of tournament.
Drew McIntyre - Hasn't done that much recently.
Kofi Kingston - initials?
Sheamus - Would regain some of the momentum he lost from losing the wwe championship.

It makes sense that sheamus won so he could regain some of the momentum he has lost in the last few months but they had other options as well.

SaberToothTigerz
11-30-2010, 05:51 AM
sheamus hair didnt let the crown fit in hahaha but sheamus looks alot better as a king i mean the guy is irish ireland has a great lineage of kings like most countries in europe sheamus just fits in soo well and this is all for the build up with triple H i honestly hoped the king of kings would make his return last raw

The Brown One
11-30-2010, 06:09 AM
WWE better not drop the ball on jomo like they did with kofi after that huge push with orton.

CMhuw24
11-30-2010, 06:11 AM
WWE better not drop the ball on jomo like they did with kofi after that huge push with orton.

Only reason they dropped it was cause Kofi made one mistake and Orton did the whole cry-baby thing.

knightangelx
11-30-2010, 06:15 AM
hhh return wud b awesome....wish he wud come back as a heel....probably not.

brad9993
11-30-2010, 06:22 AM
I'm just glad John Morrison didnt win.

The Brown One
11-30-2010, 06:26 AM
I wish he would return heel. Those were the best times of his career

MattElder
11-30-2010, 06:39 AM
I think it should have been JoMo or Kofi. IN the ring JoMo is awesome but surely we can all agree is promos aint up tomuch Kofi on the other hand did one of the best promos in years with Randy and is more than ready. Id also have liked to see big Zek have progressed but for me the biggest let down is R Truth and Ted Debiase jr both great talents that should have been in there

el gabo
11-30-2010, 06:56 AM
ALLLL HAILLLL KINNNNNGGG SHEAMMMUSSSSSS... did you see his chain wrestling with that armbar on John Morrison? Never letting go of the arm in that arm bar while flipping him over and going right back to the submission... AWESOME

Yup. Just like that move where he flipped by the leg. The wrestling has gotten WAY better on RAW since a couple of weeks ago. There's actually a decent amount of it on the show now.

el gabo
11-30-2010, 06:59 AM
The push isn't dead if he comes out on top. Triple H has to worry about corporate matters a lot more nowadays and, as we've seen by how much DX did to help Cody Rhodes and Ted Jr., Triple H is very willing to put over young talent. Hopefully it will end up with either a split between matches, or just Sheamus coming out on top. I believe Sheamus is going to be a very large part of WWE's future. I think Triple H knows that very well also.

Yeah. I don't think Triple H is stupid enough to bury the future stars, much less given the fact that the old dogs are less and less involved (Taker, HHH) or gone (HBK, Y2J)

CMhuw24
11-30-2010, 07:03 AM
I think it should have been JoMo or Kofi. IN the ring JoMo is awesome but surely we can all agree is promos aint up tomuch Kofi on the other hand did one of the best promos in years with Randy and is more than ready. Id also have liked to see big Zek have progressed but for me the biggest let down is R Truth and Ted Debiase jr both great talents that should have been in there

I understand your point on Jo-Mo, but youu think Kofi shouldve won it?
His gimmick would nowhere suit the title of KOTR and he just really isnt the kind of person.
Hell Ted DiBiase couldve suited this title pretty well imo.

mrbluto
11-30-2010, 07:34 AM
Sheamus winning KOTR was total boredom. Why not let Morrison win and start a program with the Miz?

Kashdinero
11-30-2010, 07:47 AM
Out of all of the eight participants in this years KOTR, Sheamus was the one who needed it the least. Oh Well.

Trips won't bury him when he returns as he and "The Big Ginger Fella" are new BFF's and have been bromancing each other for quite a while now. I wouldn't be surprised to see "The Pastey Paddy" come out on top in this feud due to some kind of outside presence such as Nexus. This would enable him to save face and would be the perfect way to steer him away from "Old Copper Balls" without damaging anyones status.

Greatness
11-30-2010, 08:17 AM
King Sheamus is the best choice...first off the King of the Ring was on RAW, not a PPV. Even though they were hyping up King of the Ring up, it was not meant to make a mid-carder stronger (at least not this one). Second this whole Kofi/Jomo/Chosen One arguments need to stop. The all have had the time to shine and they either blew it or took to long to do it. King Sheamus has done it, well if I add. In addition, King Sheamus himself is still 'new' and they are doing a fine job with him. He doesn't like anybody - heel or face. Yet he can cut promos with big timers like Orton and Cena, mid-timers like JoMo, and jobbers like Santino. People want to not like this guy (just like how people didn't want acknowledge the Miz's Awesomeness) but he plays his character too good. Can't wait to see King Sheamus and The Awesome Champ The Miz continue their beef with one another.

Splattered-Dreams
11-30-2010, 08:33 AM
Daniel Bryan or Cody wouldve been a good choice. However, 'king Sheamus' has a great ring to it. I just hope he won't have a 'King Sheamus' gimmick. At least he doesnt have Sharmell to humiliate him

Bodom
11-30-2010, 08:34 AM
I hope so. It's just reallllly hard to believe that Trips won't come out on top.

Bodom
11-30-2010, 08:35 AM
How many Sheamus/King of the Ring threads does one board need?

Yeah this is starting to get out of hand.

Kashdinero
11-30-2010, 08:39 AM
I hope so. It's just reallllly hard to believe that Trips won't come out on top.

Deep down I feel the same way. I'm just trying to be optimistic (God knows why). If he does I can't see it being a burial, if it was it would completely contradict what both men have said in interviews.... Fingers crossed!

cato79
11-30-2010, 11:44 AM
Last night, while I was looking at Shamus being crowned... I expected the HHH song to hit any time... a bit dissapointed it did not happen... I think that will happen sooner or later... its a clear setup for the clonclution on their feud. It will be a good one and I think that HHH will come on top at the end but he will help Shamus to build his status instead of destroy him or bury him... I've heard that they have a good personal relationship...

I had my hopes on Del Rio, but I also think is too soon for him... besides the feud with Mysterio must continue... That will be a good match for TLC.

One question, how much time will it take for you guys to understand that The Miz is not a champion that will last...?? he is a TRANSITIONAL champ, get it once and for all...!!!

Splattered-Dreams
11-30-2010, 11:55 AM
Last night, while I was looking at Shamus being crowned... I expected the HHH song to hit any time... a bit dissapointed it did not happen... I think that will happen sooner or later... its a clear setup for the clonclution on their feud. It will be a good one and I think that HHH will come on top at the end but he will help Shamus to build his status instead of destroy him or bury him... I've heard that they have a good personal relationship...

I had my hopes on Del Rio, but I also think is too soon for him... besides the feud with Mysterio must continue... That will be a good match for TLC.

One question, how much time will it take for you guys to understand that The Miz is not a champion that will last...?? he is a TRANSITIONAL champ, get it once and for all...!!!

I thought he'd come out too - especially with Ted playing with that HHH belt

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-30-2010, 12:03 PM
how much time will it take for you guys to understand that The Miz is not a champion that will last...?? he is a TRANSITIONAL champ, get it once and for all...!!!

Please do tell who you know on the creative staff that is feeding you this information. Why your at it, can I get Vinny Mac's cell number, I need to borrow 5 bucks.

Cato I think you should leave the thinking up to the people with a brain.:p

I like King Sheamus. The WWE has high hopes for him and he has proven himself to be a superstar. Sheamus has done more in a few months than some will do there entire career. Yeah he might be buddies with HHH but when your a star, your a star. I think he would have reached the top with him or without him.

U MAD???

el gabo
11-30-2010, 12:51 PM
Please do tell who you know on the creative staff that is feeding you this information. Why your at it, can I get Vinny Mac's cell number, I need to borrow 5 bucks.

I like King Sheamus. The WWE has high hopes for him and he has proven himself to be a superstar. Sheamus has done more in a few months than some will do there entire career. Yeah he might be buddies with HHH but when your a star, your a star. I think he would have reached the top with him or without him.

U MAD???

Funny how people used to say he had to kiss HHH's ass. Kind of boring when he came in but, has developed this last year and a half.

cato79
11-30-2010, 01:58 PM

Acctualy Mr. IPITS, I'm not writing with my guts and my anxiety to change the world as some of the guys here do...

I'm talking from facts... I can't see what all of you "Miz-worshipers" see... I've heard things like: "he is better that what he used to be..." imo, that does not makes him a good wrestler or makes him deserve anything.

I strongly believe, that there is at least 3 guys only on the RAW roster that deserves that title much more than The OVERATED Miz... (need some names...??)

If you think otherwise, I'll respect as I expect respect for my opinions... I just don't see hard facts to base all the exitement...

Bodom
11-30-2010, 02:03 PM
What hard facts? You can make those assumptions after one show as champion?

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-30-2010, 02:07 PM
Acctualy Mr. IPITS, I'm not writing with my guts and my anxiety to change the world as some of the guys here do...

Someone needs to change the world, dont you think? I was just having some fun with ya when I said that (i.e smileyface) I like so many am happy to see the MIZ at the top. I know you dont agree but I bet we can agree that change is a good thing and the MIZ being the champ is a change. Thanks for calling me Mr IPITS. You have the utmost respect from me as does everyone that post on this site (well except for Scottland) but that's a different story.:p

cato79
11-30-2010, 02:21 PM
What hard facts? You can make those assumptions after one show as champion?

I'm talking about his entire career, not one episode as champion (which was very poor, btw) I'm talking about hard facts such as:

* Who has he beatten
* Which is his biggest feud (I hate Cena...??)
* How many tryes he did to get to the campionship match

I don't mean to come accross as a Miz-Hater, but I was present at the MITB event in KC, and him winning that match was a TOTAL surprise for everybody there, most of us were thinking on Drew McIntyre... That is what I mean... he was trowed up by WWE creative just because of the heat we gets from the crowd...

cato79
11-30-2010, 02:24 PM
Someone needs to change the world, dont you think? I was just having some fun with ya when I said that (i.e smileyface) I like so many am happy to see the MIZ at the top. I know you dont agree but I bet we can agree that change is a good thing and the MIZ being the champ is a change. Thanks for calling me Mr IPITS. You have the utmost respect from me as does everyone that post on this site (well except for Scottland) but that's a different story.:p

You are Mr. IPITS, I've seen you fight epic battles and win most of them... I usually agree woth your points of view...

I like the change, all my point is, I don't get people getting all exited as if he was wasted for years as some of the other talent on the roster...

Bodom
11-30-2010, 02:25 PM
By that logic., Everybody's first title run is a transitional run.

It's too soon to make those assumptions.

IrkenInvader
11-30-2010, 02:29 PM
I'm talking about his entire career, not one episode as champion (which was very poor, btw) I'm talking about hard facts such as:

* Who has he beatten
* Which is his biggest feud (I hate Cena...??)
* How many tryes he did to get to the campionship match

I don't mean to come accross as a Miz-Hater, but I was present at the MITB event in KC, and him winning that match was a TOTAL surprise for everybody there, most of us were thinking on Drew McIntyre... That is what I mean... he was trowed up by WWE creative just because of the heat we gets from the crowd...

Thats why they pick every heel champ.

cato79
11-30-2010, 02:35 PM
By that logic., Everybody's first title run is a transitional run.

It's too soon to make those assumptions.

Some of them are... but we've seen through history guys that costed them sweet, tears and blood toget their first chance, some examples:

* Benoit
* Guerrero
* Mysterio (WHC)
* Angle
* The Rock (having to change his gimmick at the very beggining)

And the list can go on and on.... and then we can get people like Lawler that with such a great career NEVER got to be champion...

However... I'll agree with you and say that is to soon to get to conclutions... I'm sure that we will cross rodes soon on this matter....

JimmytheBlack
11-30-2010, 02:42 PM
KOTR was interesting to watch. A lot of quaity matches and I hope they do it again next year. My only problem was the double count between big Zek and McIntyre. I knew they were gonna hold Eziekel Jackson back by knocking him out of the first round. Didn't think that they would do it to McIntyre too. KOTR would have been a lot more interesting if McIntyre would have advanced. Maybe some old school Eddie and trick the ref into giving Jackson a DQ. McIntyre vs Sheamus would have been epic. The bad blood of nationalism would have spiced things up there.

Bodom
11-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Some of them are... but we've seen through history guys that costed them sweet, tears and blood toget their first chance, some examples:

* Benoit
* Guerrero
* Mysterio (WHC)
* Angle
* The Rock (having to change his gimmick at the very beggining)

And the list can go on and on.... and then we can get people like Lawler that with such a great career NEVER got to be champion...

However... I'll agree with you and say that is to soon to get to conclutions... I'm sure that we will cross rodes soon on this matter....

Lawler was champion. Not WWE champion but AWA champion.

But who knows. You may be right (personally I hope you're wrong).