PDA

View Full Version : New WWE Logo...

El_Dandy_LWO
11-30-2010, 07:05 AM
The WWF/WWE logos are the symbol of what defines a generation the the WWE. Who else feels that WWE is needing a new logo, representing the new era? Maybe a "not so hardcore" version of the current scribbled one, which is still,IMO, representing the attitude era. Any thoughts?

CMhuw24
11-30-2010, 07:24 AM
I agree, but i still think they should keep this logo for a while.
Until they actually have a new era with fresh main eventers.
So maybe down the track in 2-3years it would be a good idea.

TheBeardOfZeus
11-30-2010, 07:39 AM
Agreed, although it is an incredibly interesting point to bring up El Dandy.

I think they should wait until the new guys morph into the main event, then have something less hardcore, but cool.

Maybe something very simple will look cool.

Splattered-Dreams
11-30-2010, 08:32 AM
I agree, but i still think they should keep this logo for a while.
Until they actually have a new era with fresh main eventers.
So maybe down the track in 2-3years it would be a good idea.

Definitely. We're not totally in a new era yet. When we see main events like The Miz vs Jack Swagger (which sounds like an awesome main event btw, no pun intended)a new logo would be in order. What kind of logo were we thinking? Something more similar to the current one than the old one.. I never liked the old 'WF' style logo

el gabo
11-30-2010, 08:36 AM
Definitely. We're not totally in a new era yet. When we see main events like The Miz vs Jack Swagger (which sounds like an awesome main event btw, no pun intended)a new logo would be in order. What kind of logo were we thinking? Something more similar to the current one than the old one.. I never liked the old 'WF' style logo

I loved seeing that logo the other week on oldschool RAW.

Splattered-Dreams
11-30-2010, 09:04 AM
I loved seeing that logo the other week on oldschool RAW.

Yes, me too, in 'old school' Raw. Soemthing like that would be horrible as a modern logo

el gabo
11-30-2010, 09:17 AM
Yes, me too, in 'old school' Raw. Soemthing like that would be horrible as a modern logo

Yeah, is says 1980's all over it.

Scottland
11-30-2010, 10:22 AM
There was a rumor at one point about a month or so ago about WWE having a new logo made but nothing ever came of it. WWE creating a new logo would cost a lot because a lot of elements would be affected in terms of business aspects. When a corporation makes a new logo for itself like Pepsi for example they spent a ton because that logo has to be put on everything let alone you have to eliminate the old logo which isn't an easy task. There is alot that goes into when a corporation decides to go with a new logo because the process isn't cheap. Will WWE go with a new logo? Who knows...that's up to WWE if they want to put the money out & go through the process it takes to make it officially the new logo.

Splattered-Dreams
11-30-2010, 11:34 AM
Scottland's wisdom killed the thread! Good point though

el gabo
11-30-2010, 11:42 AM

Yup. Let's wrap this one up.

JLeeDude1892
11-30-2010, 01:34 PM
Perhaps if they do officially get their own cable network next year, then they can get a new one.

Scottland
11-30-2010, 01:43 PM

lol...my bad.

IrkenInvader
11-30-2010, 01:53 PM
They way it wrestling is going right now with title belts, Divas, tag, and TNA. I don't like changing it because most likely its going to look stupid.

Robstar
11-30-2010, 01:58 PM
Perhaps with the rumoured new belt it will pave the way for a logo change. I think it's time

johnadah
11-30-2010, 06:06 PM
There was a rumor at one point about a month or so ago about WWE having a new logo made but nothing ever came of it. WWE creating a new logo would cost a lot because a lot of elements would be affected in terms of business aspects. When a corporation makes a new logo for itself like Pepsi for example they spent a ton because that logo has to be put on everything let alone you have to eliminate the old logo which isn't an easy task. There is alot that goes into when a corporation decides to go with a new logo because the process isn't cheap. Will WWE go with a new logo? Who knows...that's up to WWE if they want to put the money out & go through the process it takes to make it officially the new logo.

Having run a successful advertising business for more than 5 years, I disagree. A large part of my job was branding and re-branding musicians and bands. That included the overall visual representation of each band. In my experience, when individuals see a completely redesigned representation of an individual, or even a corporate body, they know that it is intended to represent a significant chage about the substance of the individual or company. As far as the process of changing the logo which is used on merchandise, programming, etc., that's actually very simple. That's the wonderful thing about technology and PhotoShop, it's as simple as deleting one layer and replacing it with the new logo. All of those changes can be made from a single file. The only things that aren't just a quick change would be things such as their ring aprons and branded vehicles. The vehicles would have to be repainted and the aprons would just have to be made anew. As far as all other forms of merchandise, WWE can continue selling what has the old logo on it until they run out while also selling the new merchandise. There's really no problem with that. WCW did it when they finally switched logos.

Scottland
11-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Having run a successful advertising business for more than 5 years, I disagree. A large part of my job was branding and re-branding musicians and bands. That included the overall visual representation of each band. In my experience, when individuals see a completely redesigned representation of an individual, or even a corporate body, they know that it is intended to represent a significant chage about the substance of the individual or company. As far as the process of changing the logo which is used on merchandise, programming, etc., that's actually very simple. That's the wonderful thing about technology and PhotoShop, it's as simple as deleting one layer and replacing it with the new logo. All of those changes can be made from a single file. The only things that aren't just a quick change would be things such as their ring aprons and branded vehicles. The vehicles would have to be repainted and the aprons would just have to be made anew. As far as all other forms of merchandise, WWE can continue selling what has the old logo on it until they run out while also selling the new merchandise. There's really no problem with that. WCW did it when they finally switched logos.

You make some valid points but a corporation like Pepsi though, it cost a fortune for them to change there logo plus the elements involved (this was even reported when it happened). Each business has it own challenges. I mean advertising agency is alot different compared to a corporation like WWE or Pepsi. Granted, there are smiliar connections in changing a logo but each corporation has different avenues & elements that are cost worthy & some being more then others. An advertising agency won't be anywhere nearly as costly changing it's logo then a company like WWE or Pepsi changing there logos. Usually in the business world, if something is being changed it means money is being spent (in the mass majority of cases).

johnadah
11-30-2010, 06:54 PM
You make some valid points but a corporation like Pepsi though, it cost a fortune for them to change there logo plus the elements involved (this was even reported when it happened). Each business has it own challenges. I mean advertising agency is alot different compared to a corporation like WWE or Pepsi. Granted, there are smiliar connections in changing a logo but each corporation has different avenues & elements that are cost worthy & some being more then others. An advertising agency won't be anywhere nearly as costly changing it's logo then a company like WWE or Pepsi changing there logos. Usually in the business world, if something is being changed it means money is being spent (in the mass majority of cases).

The money issue is correct. I was referring to the fact that the actual change itself is not really a difficult process. Rebranding isn't a very time consuming process nowadays due to technolical advances. Yes, though, it is very expensive. The same goes for advertising and corporations. That's how I made a living. If a band wanted to rebrand, that meant they weren't just paying for my services in advertising, they were paying me to design new elements as well. Rebranding will always be an expensive process, it's simply much less complicated nowadays.

Scottland
11-30-2010, 07:16 PM
The money issue is correct. I was referring to the fact that the actual change itself is not really a difficult process. Rebranding isn't a very time consuming process nowadays due to technolical advances. Yes, though, it is very expensive. The same goes for advertising and corporations. That's how I made a living. If a band wanted to rebrand, that meant they weren't just paying for my services in advertising, they were paying me to design new elements as well. Rebranding will always be an expensive process, it's simply much less complicated nowadays.

True, the process of rebranding & designing is alot easier nowadays then what it used to be.