PDA

View Full Version : Big Show, Big Problem?

TheBeardOfZeus
11-30-2010, 06:24 AM
The Big Show recently was seen in the WWE film 'Knucklehead', where he plays a giant baby for about an hour and a half, from what i can gather.

Do you think this has ruined his status? Do you think this was a good move? How would you try and make Show a real force again?

El_Dandy_LWO
11-30-2010, 07:13 AM
I think Show is arriving at the end of his career, and is wanting to portray a character that is a "Lovable Giant"...because that is how he wants to end his career. We already know he is Hall of Fame bound. We will see Show making special appearances in 2021, and hes going to be a fan favorite then(ie. Piper, Flair, and Ted Dibiase) who were also heels most of their careers.

CMhuw24
11-30-2010, 07:21 AM
Well hes gotta pick fans up from somewhere considering hes not very techinical obviously, so if his loveable soft teddy giant gimmick works and he speaks well, aswell as burying all talent, the movie tends to suit him well.
And i do beleive he is quite a big threat at the moment, i mean he destroyed Swaggers title run, killed SES, led team SD, and then at survivor series was the other person left with Rey in their win.
He hasent actually lost many matches recently in my recent memory, the last time he lost was when he versed Nexus 5 vs 1.
If anything he could be one of the biggest threats at the moment.

The Brown One
11-30-2010, 07:31 AM
I think he deserves another title run before his career ends. I mean how longs it been since his last? But I'm enjoying his comedy acts on SD

TheBeardOfZeus
11-30-2010, 07:33 AM
Well hes gotta pick fans up from somewhere considering hes not very techinical obviously, so if his loveable soft teddy giant gimmick works and he speaks well, aswell as burying all talent, the movie tends to suit him well.
And i do beleive he is quite a big threat at the moment, i mean he destroyed Swaggers title run, killed SES, led team SD, and then at survivor series was the other person left with Rey in their win.
He hasent actually lost many matches recently in my recent memory, the last time he lost was when he versed Nexus 5 vs 1.
If anything he could be one of the biggest threats at the moment.

An excellent point CMhuw24, and well written.

I didn't think of that, even i can't think of the last time Big Show lost, except the KOTR qualifier on friday.

What would you do with him now then? Who would you like to see him face?

trasler
11-30-2010, 07:44 AM
Big Show is a HUGE asset to WWE. He can be put in any role and works well. He has always had good comedy moments and still able to pull off the heel character if needed, look at the size of him.
Personally I think Show need to be in a new faction possibly with Edge and two younger guys, abit like Evolution, you have the talker (edge) the muscle (big show) and two possible future main eventers. theres also loads of options to add an extra person or two if need be as Show and Edge have had history with loads of superstars, Christian, Y2J, Kane, Orton (wouldnt put him in but still), even mick foley (which would be amazing)

trasler
11-30-2010, 07:53 AM
Just to add to my amazing idea.

I would actually have Edge, Big Show and the Heart Dynasty together with Bret as the manager.

would keep them face for a little while, fueding with Nexus (becuase the whole john cena thing is getting old)

then i would have Edge force the Hearts to choose their loyality to the team by beating the shit out of Bret thus turning the group heel.

Tell em hawk!"
11-30-2010, 08:27 AM
Two Words........."Captain Insano"

Scottland
11-30-2010, 10:57 AM
Big Show's status isn't hurt. Maybe his acting career is hurt but in terms of his wrestling status & such? No. Big Show is doing fine & in a recent interview he said he has no plans on quitting wrestling as long as he's healthy & his body can still do it then he's not going anywhere. Plus, him losing weight & taking that time off he did, really helped him. According to him he hasn't felt this good in a long time. Big Show' status is fine & is going to be around for awhile.

JimmytheBlack
11-30-2010, 11:43 AM
[QUOTE=El_Dandy_LWO;33832]We will see Show making special appearances in 2021[QUOTE]
If his body doesn't kill him first. Most guys his size, their hearts just can't support their bodies anymore.

Doing the movie isn't really a bad move for the Big Show. Sure the older more serious wrestling fans might think it's silly or stupid. There are lots of children who love the Big Show just for being this huge destructive, but friendly giant. I wouldn't say that he's at the end of his career though. There may not be a lot of things for a big man for him to do, but he continues to do what he has always done. Entertain the fans. Was that shiner that He put on on Alberto's ring announcer real, or did they add some makeup?

mrbluto
11-30-2010, 12:47 PM
The giant has become a fan favorite and more important to the WWE a kid favorite, the pop he is getting is amazing. This close to the end of his career let him sell some shirts and make some movies, if you have seen him act in anything except Knucklehead then you know he is a better actor than Cena.

Robstar
11-30-2010, 01:46 PM
I could see Show in a managerial role(!) because he's a decent speaker, occasionally stepping back into the ring for matches. He seems to be pretty intelligent and under utilised on the mic - remember his involvement in the Edge/Vickie saga? Tbh, he wasn't the worst actor in that triumvirate! He'd even be a viable announcer

Bodom
11-30-2010, 01:54 PM
I could see Show in a managerial role(!) because he's a decent speaker, occasionally stepping back into the ring for matches. He seems to be pretty intelligent and under utilised on the mic - remember his involvement in the Edge/Vickie saga? Tbh, he wasn't the worst actor in that triumvirate! He'd even be a viable announcer

I try to forget that angle. Especially that "hidden camera footage" *shudder*

Robstar
11-30-2010, 02:06 PM
I try to forget that angle. Especially that "hidden camera footage" *shudder*

Yeah, I know. Shoulda been me instead of Show

Bodom
11-30-2010, 02:09 PM
Yeah, I know. Shoulda been me instead of Show

Necroyeti
11-30-2010, 02:38 PM
I bet knucklehead still isn't as bad as this WCW promo (show appears near the end)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruLQDpdQi4A
It's like everyone's speaking with CAPS LOCK on. HAM TO HAM COMBAT

Bodom
11-30-2010, 02:46 PM
What the fuck is that?! And why have I never seen this before?!

El_Phenomenal
11-30-2010, 04:49 PM
Two Words........."Captain Insano"

That my friend, is not a bad idea. Oye Hijo!!!

cato79
11-30-2010, 06:00 PM
I don't believe that his status is hurt at all... if anything he got closer to one of the target markets for the WWE at this point... Kids.

The movie is not bad, I actually found it entertaining....

I like the Big Show as face and his charisma is increasing week after week...

CobraNightviper
11-30-2010, 06:08 PM
I rember that Hogan Dungeon of doom bit I thought that was hogan selling some bad b-movie or something but instead it was one of the first apearances of the giant(big show).

johnadah
11-30-2010, 06:21 PM
I don't believe that his status is hurt at all... if anything he got closer to one of the target markets for the WWE at this point... Kids.

The movie is not bad, I actually found it entertaining....

I like the Big Show as face and his charisma is increasing week after week...

As long as enough parents have their children watching that movie, it will definitely help get him even more over with young fans. Especially since his new merchandise has a bear on it and he fights a bear in the movie. Kids will associate the two and be more likely to ask their parents to buy that particular brand of his merchandise.