PDA

View Full Version : The Highlanders

Justdawg08
11-30-2010, 12:43 AM
You know I enjoyed those guys when they were around, they were funny, they weren't terrible in the ring. WWE could use some more tag teams... so how about.....

bring the Highlanders back as heels and align them as Drew McIntrye's stooges. People say Drew has a boring personality, well I didn't find the Highlanders so boring, so if they could come back and be taken as a real heel threat with Drew... why not?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_BbrOEiprcF72GRnDvX0ULM9Z_Ue8L Auo1-nWQKAuIN9BNEnQ2g

Iron Ape
11-30-2010, 12:49 AM
Man, I completely forget about those guys. I wonder what they're up to these days.

El_Dandy_LWO
11-30-2010, 12:51 AM
Great team...straight out of the 80s early 90s tho!

Bodom
11-30-2010, 12:53 AM
Can never understand why the built them up with all those vignettes just to job them out.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-30-2010, 01:10 AM
Can never understand why the built them up with all those vignettes just to job them out.

I remember these guys, damn shame they got released. The only vignette I remember was when they were in the bathroom together. I couldn't find it on youtube, maybe I'm confused but I swear I remember it.

SilverGhost
11-30-2010, 01:12 AM
I am Rory and he is Robbie!

I'M ROBBIE!!!

evilgenius780
11-30-2010, 01:14 AM
I remember something about Robbie catching a lot of heat for being seen on camera in the crowd at a TNA event.

SilverGhost
11-30-2010, 01:16 AM
I remember something about Robbie catching a lot of heat for being seen on camera in the crowd at a TNA event.

That was FAIL-TASTIC!

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-30-2010, 01:18 AM

What a dumbass move that was. He even gets a certificate to prove it http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfGs5zpkUPxc8cRqW4caoH4IVCh2G1J zvgZwuAgS3SY4m5nhdK

Kashdinero
11-30-2010, 01:30 AM
What a pair of real men these two were!

Kilts=Manliness

They were like the bushwhackers of the Noughties!

Bring em back!

SilverGhost
11-30-2010, 01:33 AM
What a dumbass move that was. He even gets a certificate to prove it http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfGs5zpkUPxc8cRqW4caoH4IVCh2G1J zvgZwuAgS3SY4m5nhdK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e6_szP5Tes

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-30-2010, 01:43 AM
SG, pretty classless move on TNA's part to show him on camera. I bet he was there just to visit some friends and the next thing he knows he's fired. He lost his job for sure when TNA pointed him out in the crowd. TNA=making people broke and homeless since 2002.

Rich Cranium
11-30-2010, 01:52 AM
I wonder whose idea that was to point him out. I'm sure most of the boys in the back were NOT cool with it either knowing what the outcome would be.

Kashdinero
11-30-2010, 03:33 AM
It was either just an innocent move to somehow "legitimise" their product or a very dirty shot at WWE with no concern for the ramification's to Robbie's career. The least they could of done is hire him and Rory after their 90 day no compete clause ran out but I dont think they even did that

AGEOFFALL
11-30-2010, 04:04 AM
After they lost to DX in a gauntlet match that was pretty much it.

The Brown One
11-30-2010, 06:12 AM
I remember that vignette of theirs about them arriving in america. They were in a hotel room and turned on the tv and saw american por* for the first time. Robbie "I love America!". Classic

TheBeardOfZeus
11-30-2010, 06:22 AM
I loved them so much.

Hi i'm Rory, and this is Robbie.

I'M ROBBIE!

Classic.

SilverGhost
11-30-2010, 01:27 PM
SG, pretty classless move on TNA's part to show him on camera. I bet he was there just to visit some friends and the next thing he knows he's fired. He lost his job for sure when TNA pointed him out in the crowd. TNA=making people broke and homeless since 2002.

I know that if he had some business or to visit friends, at least do it in the back. Not at the killzone where is the Impact Zone where cameras are. It was stupid for him to be there but I don't know the details on why he was there.

Robstar
11-30-2010, 01:36 PM

He was scapegoated as there was more WWE stars than just him there if I recall correctly

Bodom
11-30-2010, 01:40 PM
All in all him going wasn't a good idea on his part and a really dick move on TNA's part.

SilverGhost
11-30-2010, 01:45 PM
All in all him going wasn't a good idea on his part and a really dick move on TNA's part.

Agreed with this.

CobraNightviper
11-30-2010, 06:27 PM
they said there were more wwe superstars there that night I wonder why the used him as the escape goat anyway could it be that no one else was stupid enough to be caught on camera?

BevinBoyz
12-01-2010, 02:37 AM
On the live, March 27 edition of TNA Impact!, Robbie was in attendance at the Impact Zone and was shown on camera (under his real name to prevent a WWE/TNA lawsuit). This reportedly had a WWE official calling him and ordering that he leave immediately, which he did. The event was mere days prior to WrestleMania weekend when both companies were in the Orlando area. Robbie lost his $5,000 Wrestlemania paycheck due to the appearance... thank you Wiki :]

SilverGhost
12-01-2010, 02:54 AM
On the live, March 27 edition of TNA Impact!, Robbie was in attendance at the Impact Zone and was shown on camera (under his real name to prevent a WWE/TNA lawsuit). This reportedly had a WWE official calling him and ordering that he leave immediately, which he did. The event was mere days prior to WrestleMania weekend when both companies were in the Orlando area. Robbie lost his $5,000 Wrestlemania paycheck due to the appearance... thank you Wiki :]

http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr250/bover_87/facedesk.jpg

Iron Ape
12-01-2010, 03:11 AM
they said there were more wwe superstars there that night I wonder why the used him as the escape goat anyway could it be that no one else was stupid enough to be caught on camera?

Haha.

*imagines what an escape goat looks like*

SilverGhost
12-01-2010, 03:13 AM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/9/2/escapegoatis128648410209322532.jpg

TheDevilsAdvocate
12-01-2010, 03:24 AM
By Robbie Mcallister:

Well I don't really know exactly why I did it. I happened to go see my buddy Johnny Devine. He's a good friend of mine up here in Canada. It was my stupidity to actually go in there and watch it. In hindsight, I look at it as a set-up, but I'm the only one who knows (why I went). Do you know what I mean? Everybody else can speculate. Even Rory can speculate. It was my own stupidity. I don't even understand why I did it. But it could have been a subconscious thing that I did it because (WWE) weren't using us. Stuff like that. But it was just a dumb thing on my part. I wish I could take it back, but you never can. So now I just have to look and go, 'Oh well."

JG says that it seems like TNA may have hurt their relationship with the performers by doing this. It came off like a mean-spirited attempt to just get Robbie in trouble without doing anything to help themselves in the process. James asks about the reaction from the TNA locker room and Robbie responds…

"Actually, most of the ones who are backstage at TNA. I talked to them after the incident and they said, 'That was a really dumb move for TNA.' And my simple thing is in my head is when you look at me on their television, it didn't help their television program at all. It didn't elevate them, so why bother even doing it?"

Robbie goes on to talk about how WWE officials told him to leave but why reports of his departure from Orlando that weekend were all inaccurate, the people who were with him when he went to the TNA show and more.
Guttman again references Rory's ClubWWI.com shoot and brings up the story of Robbie returning to the hotel where the WWE stars were staying at and accepting blame. It takes a lot to walk into the belly of the beast and take responsibility for something so monumental as appearing on a rival company's TV. McAllister explains why he did it and why he had to. Taking this blame helped him regain some of the respect from the wrestlers who would have had a major issue if he hid in his room. One person in particular was The Undertaker. Robbie explains…

"Actually, he was all over me. At the end, there was Fit Finlay, he was all over me. Actually, it came to the point where they kept asking me and asking me. I'm like, 'Listen, guys. I can't tell you why. I screwed up. It's a screw-up on my part. Why do you think I'm standing in front of ya? I need to hear this because I just did the stupidest thing in my life? And I'm going to hear the repercussions, so I might as well hear them now.' And Undertaker just stopped. He just stopped hassling me about it. There was no explanation I could give because it was just dumb."

Iron Ape
12-01-2010, 03:24 AM
Robbie should come back as The Shepherd. His finisher can be the "Escape Goat" (which would involve him bailing out of the ring and running for the nearest fire exit).

SilverGhost
12-01-2010, 03:29 AM
Robbie should come back as The Shepherd. His finisher can be the "Escape Goat" (which would involve him bailing out of the ring and running for the nearest fire exit).

There is such a thing as an "escape goat" man xD

By Robbie Mcallister:

Well I don't really know exactly why I did it. I happened to go see my buddy Johnny Devine. He's a good friend of mine up here in Canada. It was my stupidity to actually go in there and watch it. In hindsight, I look at it as a set-up, but I'm the only one who knows (why I went). Do you know what I mean? Everybody else can speculate. Even Rory can speculate. It was my own stupidity. I don't even understand why I did it. But it could have been a subconscious thing that I did it because (WWE) weren't using us. Stuff like that. But it was just a dumb thing on my part. I wish I could take it back, but you never can. So now I just have to look and go, 'Oh well."

JG says that it seems like TNA may have hurt their relationship with the performers by doing this. It came off like a mean-spirited attempt to just get Robbie in trouble without doing anything to help themselves in the process. James asks about the reaction from the TNA locker room and Robbie responds…

"Actually, most of the ones who are backstage at TNA. I talked to them after the incident and they said, 'That was a really dumb move for TNA.' And my simple thing is in my head is when you look at me on their television, it didn't help their television program at all. It didn't elevate them, so why bother even doing it?"

Robbie goes on to talk about how WWE officials told him to leave but why reports of his departure from Orlando that weekend were all inaccurate, the people who were with him when he went to the TNA show and more.
Guttman again references Rory's ClubWWI.com shoot and brings up the story of Robbie returning to the hotel where the WWE stars were staying at and accepting blame. It takes a lot to walk into the belly of the beast and take responsibility for something so monumental as appearing on a rival company's TV. McAllister explains why he did it and why he had to. Taking this blame helped him regain some of the respect from the wrestlers who would have had a major issue if he hid in his room. One person in particular was The Undertaker. Robbie explains…

"Actually, he was all over me. At the end, there was Fit Finlay, he was all over me. Actually, it came to the point where they kept asking me and asking me. I'm like, 'Listen, guys. I can't tell you why. I screwed up. It's a screw-up on my part. Why do you think I'm standing in front of ya? I need to hear this because I just did the stupidest thing in my life? And I'm going to hear the repercussions, so I might as well hear them now.' And Undertaker just stopped. He just stopped hassling me about it. There was no explanation I could give because it was just dumb."

Stupidity like this isn't fixable....but it could have been avoided...

Iron Ape
12-01-2010, 03:32 AM
There is such a thing as an "escape goat" man xD
Scapegoats, yes. Escape goats? Bwahahahahahahahaha. No.

BevinBoyz
12-01-2010, 01:44 PM
http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr250/bover_87/facedesk.jpg

you should try a different picture 4 me lol.. i'm using a PS3 to read and comment.. no computer, no keyboard just a PS3 AND Controller. lol..