PDA

View Full Version : CM Punk is now my savior

Starscreamer
11-29-2010, 09:43 PM
when it comes to the commentary team...oh dear lord he is cracking me up! From pointing out the painfully obvious (Did that turn buckle get exposed?) to running gags (This isn't the Spanish Announcing table!) and of course just the dead pan (man security sucks here!). Plus the man lost his diet soda in the line of duty...PLEASE keep this up WWE! I hate that I'm saying this...but with the TLC match about to happen tonight (this is being posted at 9:45 eastern) I hope this pulls Jerry off the team for a bit just to keep the dynamic.

In his honor I toast my pepsi...

In need of a tag line...

Starscreamer

Rich Cranium
11-29-2010, 09:47 PM
I must say CM Punk reminds of Jericho as in being multi-talented. There are no tasks that these men are afraid to tackle!

willos19991
11-29-2010, 09:58 PM
the line about the spanish table made me laugh so hard

Bodom
11-29-2010, 10:15 PM
Punk in a Colt Cabana shirt for the FUCKING WIN

Thewoodcutter
11-29-2010, 10:21 PM
That and the whole Alex Riley thing from last week and this week

Starscreamer
11-29-2010, 10:26 PM
Punk in a Colt Cabana shirt for the FUCKING WIN

totally...I mean what is next? A Samoa Joe shirt? Ring of Honor jokes?

In dire need of a tag line

Starscreamer

Iron Ape
11-29-2010, 10:27 PM
Lawler has sucked on commentary for years now. I'd be perfectly fine with Punk being his straight-up replacement.

Bodom
11-29-2010, 10:29 PM
totally...I mean what is next? A Samoa Joe shirt? Ring of Honor jokes?

Starscreamer

It's amazing what he's been able to say.

Either he has the green light or the guys in the back can't keep up with him and just said "fuck it"

alexrules01
11-29-2010, 10:43 PM
omg i have to wait until tomorrow afternoon in Australia to watch RAW! I always come on here and accidently read spoilers, but i can't wait for tomorrow.. Punk sounds awesome once again :)

johnadah
11-29-2010, 10:59 PM
It's amazing what he's been able to say.

Either he has the green light or the guys in the back can't keep up with him and just said "fuck it"

Vince has been pretty high on Punk for a while now. I'm sure Punk is seeing how far he can push the envelope before Vince tells him to back off.

Bodom
11-29-2010, 11:00 PM
Vince has been pretty high on Punk for a while now. I'm sure Punk is seeing how far he can push the envelope before Vince tells him to back off.

I say let him keep pushing it.

Loving every bit.

chibo777
11-29-2010, 11:14 PM
well the wwe obviously are trusting punk as he was commentating on his own after coles venture into the ring... its gota be an honour to be trusted in a solo commentary after 2 weeks on the main show....

he is awesome tho,... although i liked his promos when he was heel... especcially with the big show they were classic...

Starscreamer
11-29-2010, 11:15 PM
well he called the final part of the match solo...and did an amazing job! I'm still a Miz fan...but as far as the profession goes, CM Punk is becoming one of the most rounded out in the biz...

Starscreamer

Justdawg08
11-30-2010, 01:31 AM
Eh... I thought with him on the team we'd actually get to hear more moves called and the matches in the ring talked about, but really, he's more of a distraction.

Now don't get me wrong.. I love me some punk, but the 3 man team is just too much... and Id much rather see Punk in the ring.

I just want to be able to watch a wrestling show and actually have some moves called besides the covers...

Iron Ape
11-30-2010, 02:09 AM
Unless the picture is out on their television, I'm not understanding why it's so important for people to have someone describing exactly what they're looking right at. Were this RAW via the radio, I might be inclined to agree with the criticisms. As is, I find these complaints to really be scraping the barrel.

Bralon23
11-30-2010, 02:54 AM
Yeah and Punk was calling some of the moves, too. There was a time when he talked about the armbreaker that Del Rio did to Morrison.

The Electrifier!
11-30-2010, 04:07 AM
"He got fired. You figured he'll do something with his life, Like he could maybe enlist, and actually become a marine" - CM Punk.

That line had me dying.

Scottland
11-30-2010, 10:08 AM
CM Punk should be good on the broadcast booth since he has a degree in broadcast journalism. You can tell where CM Punk is going to be when he retires. He's actually refreshing to hear other then Micheal Cole blabbing on. Michael Cole is becoming the new Jonathan Coachman in the wrestling world. Coach though, is actually pretty good on ESPN though.

AgeoftheFallguy
11-30-2010, 01:39 PM
I listen to Colts podcast every week and have one of those sweet shirts, being jewish just makes it even better, But now that Punk had it on Raw. Amazing. Whats funny is no one probly even knows what the shirts about. If they did I dont see how they would have let him wear something like that and get away with it. Does any one even know if Punk is Jewish? Also my gf hates Riley and loved how Punk was busting on his DWI from start to finish.

Bodom
11-30-2010, 01:52 PM
It's ok if WWE wants to act "real" and openly discuss Riley's DUI. I liked it, but then when Brock Lesnar comes up when discussing the success of the KOTR winners they go "We all know what he went on to do". You can say Riley got a DUI but can't say Brock went on to win the UFC Heavyweight Championship? I thought they weren't competition so where's the harm in that?

UFC has no problem mentioning Brock's WWE history so why wouldn't WWE do the same? You can't have Punk play all real on commentary and then play stupid when it comes to UFC

El_Phenomenal
11-30-2010, 05:00 PM
R.I.P CM Punk's diet soda. Oye Hijo!!!

alexrules01
12-01-2010, 06:40 AM
First line from the commentators booth for the night, just after Riley came out
"Looks like he's dressed for court"

Omg CM Punk is approaching the god cloud Jericho currently resides on.

And epic win would be CM Punk taking a mic in the ring and commentating while he's wrestling, I would die of amazement

Bodom
12-01-2010, 09:03 AM
First line from the commentators booth for the night, just after Riley came out
"Looks like he's dressed for court"

Omg CM Punk is approaching the god cloud Jericho currently resides on.

And epic win would be CM Punk taking a mic in the ring and commentating while he's wrestling, I would die of amazement

A repeat of what he did at Royal Rumble would be all sorts of win.