PDA

View Full Version : Shelton Benjamin Thinks Otunga Is Not a Good Wrestler!

Rich Cranium
11-28-2010, 09:39 PM
A recent interview with Shelton Benjamin revealed that he doesn't think David Otunga is a good wrestler and that his marriage to Jennifer Hudson is what is keeping him in the spotlight. Here is what he said:

Jennifer Hudson's fiancé David Otunga is a WWE superstar now. Some people feel as though he's getting a push because he's Jennifer's man. What are your thoughts on him?

No, I don't think he's very good. My guess would be probably, but at the same time whether he's any good or not this is a show. Just by him being in the WWE makes news. People are gonna tune in just to see David Otunga – just to see if he's good or bad. Jennifer Hudson's husband is a pro wrestler. That's gonna draw and it will be foolish on the part of WWE not to take advantage of that. Do I think him being married to Jennifer Hudson helps? Without a doubt. He still has to go in there and perform. Just because he has the job and they're using him doesn't mean that it's gonna stay that way. No disrespect to David because he's a great guy and I've worked with him. I expect him to improve, but if I was running a wrestling company and David Otunga was signed on my company, you're dammed right I'm gonna put him in everyone's face. That's the proof for me.

Necroyeti
11-28-2010, 09:45 PM
Surely nobody thinks Otunga is a good wrestler.

Rich Cranium
11-28-2010, 09:47 PM
Yeah, I dont even think FCW could do him any justice!

SilverWWTNA
11-28-2010, 09:50 PM
If he wasn't married to Jay Hudson, we wouldn't know who he is................. But some people know him from somewhere else:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5uDMmrNd4o&feature=related

JLeeDude1892
11-28-2010, 10:16 PM
Why are you posting the same exact thing that Ryan Clark is reporting?

JLeeDude1892
11-28-2010, 10:16 PM

I don't see why you post the same thing Ryan reports, and by the way... Otunga trained in FCW, so obviously it would do nothing for him.

Bodom
11-28-2010, 10:17 PM
Maybe to create a discussion? Think of that?

Rich Cranium
11-28-2010, 10:18 PM
Why are you posting the same exact thing that Ryan Clark is reporting?

To get a conversation started.

SilverWWTNA
11-28-2010, 10:18 PM

The guy's only moves are a closeline and a book end. If he has a long match, he will use knee drops at some point. The guy sucks! Kofi Kingston could hardly work with him in there match! He makes Hulk Hogan look like a technical wrestler!

SilverWWTNA
11-28-2010, 10:20 PM
I don't see why you post the same thing Ryan reports, and by the way... Otunga trained in FCW, so obviously it would do nothing for him.

Yes! We have our new tool:) The last time I checked, fourm sections are about talking about things going on in wrestling. Not putting up news articles.

Iron Ape
11-28-2010, 10:23 PM
This can all be filed under D for "duh".

JLeeDude1892
11-28-2010, 10:25 PM
Yes! We have our new tool:) The last time I checked, fourm sections are about talking about things going on in wrestling. Not putting up news articles.

Reposting the same thing that was already posted is just retarded. We all obviously read what was on the main newsboard, so why couldn't he just put, "What are your thoughts towards what Shelty B said?" lol.

SilverWWTNA
11-28-2010, 10:28 PM
Reposting the same thing that was already posted is just retarded. We all obviously read what was on the main newsboard, so why couldn't he just put, "What are your thoughts towards what Shelty B said?" lol.

Maybe he wanted to hear what other posters had to say. Did ya ever think of that? Just asking.

JLeeDude1892
11-28-2010, 10:30 PM
Maybe he wanted to hear what other posters had to say. Did ya ever think of that? Just asking.

Why would other posters have to see a forum post that has exactly what was reported on the main site? And like I said, people who come to EWN.com, see the news bits. We all know what Shelty B said. That's why I said all he had to do was post something like, "What are your thoughts towards what Shelty B said?"

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-28-2010, 10:30 PM

Because some people do not have 'great' memory an forget half of the story before they get to the forum section. So sometimes reposting is necessary. An for a lot of people like myself who do not have a Facebook account turn to these forums to discuss things as Wrestling fans. Just end this argument now before one of you get banned. An to be honest I respect everybody here, and would hate to see somebody leave.

Bodom
11-28-2010, 10:34 PM
Why would other posters have to see a forum post that has exactly what was reported on the main site? And like I said, people who come to EWN.com, see the news bits. We all know what Shelty B said. That's why I said all he had to do was post something like, "What are your thoughts towards what Shelty B said?"

Well someone is a little overly critical.

Don't make an issue over something as pointless as that.

SilverWWTNA
11-28-2010, 10:36 PM

I get what your saying but it would be easier for people who are online and are talking on the fourms who didn't check the news articles so that they don't have to go back to the page to see what Rich Cranium is talking about. TBH, I don't see why you are turning something small to a big deal. Just let it go.

Rich Cranium
11-28-2010, 10:37 PM
Because some people do not have 'great' memory an forget half of the story before they get to the forum section. So sometimes reposting is necessary. An for a lot of people like myself who do not have a Facebook account turn to these forums to discuss things as Wrestling fans. Just end this argument now before one of you get banned. An to be honest I respect everybody here, and would hate to see somebody leave.

That's the exact reason I posted this was because I don't have facebook either so I wanted to discuss in detail here. Not a crime the last time I checked. :)

Bodom
11-28-2010, 10:37 PM
That's the exact reason I posted this was because I don't have facebook either so I wanted to discuss in detail here. Not a crime the last time I checked. :)

I certainly don't think it is.

JLeeDude1892
11-28-2010, 10:40 PM
Well someone is a little overly critical.

Don't make an issue over something as pointless as that.

I'm not being critical towards him or anything, I just don't see the point...

Bodom
11-28-2010, 10:43 PM
I'm not being critical towards him or anything, I just don't see the point...

Reposting the same thing that was already posted is just retarded. We all obviously read what was on the main newsboard, so why couldn't he just put, "What are your thoughts towards what Shelty B said?"

Come's across as being nitpicky.

But if not, then whatever. We can drop this.

Rich Cranium
11-28-2010, 10:48 PM
An Idea! Back to topic, can't WWE at least give Otunga a pair of pants to wear?

Bodom
11-28-2010, 10:51 PM

I don't see why not....

Rather he be released though....

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-28-2010, 10:53 PM

I agree with you 100%. I have at least seen each of his butt cheeks pop out of his man thong every time he does a big move or bends over. It is creepy.

SilverGhost
11-28-2010, 11:02 PM
I think Rich's title is taken out of context. But eh....what the hell do I know.

Shelton thinks Otunga is not a good wrestler but he does say that there is always room for improvement. Meaning that there is room for Otunga to grow.

Its just WWE has plans for him BECAUSE of Jennifer Hudson. As Shelton says, having him is not a bad idea.

And yes....Otunga needs pants....

Iron Ape
11-28-2010, 11:05 PM

Some of us come directly to the forums without even looking at what's posted on the main page, so it might be a good idea to give your self-important asumptions a rest. You're certainly not going to endear yourself to others by micromanaging anyone's posts, either.

SilverWWTNA
11-28-2010, 11:07 PM
I agree with you 100%. I have at least seen each of his butt cheeks pop out of his man thong every time he does a big move or bends over. It is creepy.

That is creepy but this is even creepier!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkgYjIe13Tk

Bodom
11-28-2010, 11:12 PM
Wow.

I really wish I hadn't watched that.

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-28-2010, 11:19 PM
Wow.

See what you did Rich.. You got Bodom excited.

SilverWWTNA
11-28-2010, 11:20 PM
Wow.

You and me both........... You and me both.

Bodom
11-28-2010, 11:21 PM
See what you did Rich.. You got Bodom excited.

No. Excited would be if Miz did the same.

Bodom
11-28-2010, 11:22 PM
You and me both........... You and me both.

You posted it!

You don't get to say that!

SilverWWTNA
11-28-2010, 11:28 PM
You posted it!

You don't get to say that!

Dude, I had to watch it live on my tv! My mother came in when that was on and looked at me weird ever since! I have a right!

Bodom
11-28-2010, 11:30 PM
Dude, I had to watch it live on my tv! My mother came in when that was on and looked at me weird ever since! I have a right!

That doesn't mean you have to subject our eyes to such horror!

SilverWWTNA
11-28-2010, 11:35 PM
That doesn't mean you have to subject our eyes to such horror!

I wouldn't say thats horror as is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-wsO2sjNgg

Bodom
11-28-2010, 11:35 PM
That's more amusing than it is horror.

SilverGhost
11-28-2010, 11:38 PM
LOL@Heidenrape

They should play that in RAW to shut Cole up.

SilverWWTNA
11-28-2010, 11:39 PM
That's more amusing than it is horror.

Your sick! You also might find this one last thing amusing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCpdBoqLJ68

SilverWWTNA
11-28-2010, 11:44 PM
LOL@Heidenrape

They should play that in RAW to shut Cole up.

That will be the greatest thing in the world but Michael Cole banned WWE showing his ass getting raped. Damn I am gonna get sued!:(

JLeeDude1892
11-29-2010, 12:40 AM

I don't think he's a good wrestler at all. He's just another powerhouse that the WWE wants to keep around because of his physic.

Iron Ape
11-29-2010, 12:57 AM
I don't think he's a good wrestler at all. He's just another powerhouse that the WWE wants to keep around because of his physic.

It's "physique", dude.

SilverWWTNA
11-29-2010, 01:03 AM

He makes John Cena look like a better wrestler.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-29-2010, 07:35 AM
Please allow the most stand out, most liked and has the best f-e-u-d in the EWN community to give his infinite wisdom on this matter. David Otunga is awful. He isn't a pro wrestler he's a nobody that has a famous wife. If it weren't for her he'd be the http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQE1lPSAZ_l0Waec2a-7t3wBo5CL4migTzYRdBweInthDov_gxR at a fast food restaurant of his choosing. Not only does he need to wear pants, he needs to put a http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXtPDL4B5ZMgeQcnBHhFiE0Dsx8l3m7 6eHojjIs1hcjpesExFbZw to end everyone's misery. That's probably a bit to harsh but I just feel he is taking someones spot who really earned it because of who he's married to.

U MAD???

SgtGohan
11-29-2010, 07:46 AM
Big surprise there i thought he was gonna say he thinks otunga is a great wrestler

shanethewolf
11-29-2010, 09:37 AM
That's how wrestling is now...in fact, that's how TV is overall. People are obsessed with celebrities, even z list celebs who have absolutely no talent and no reason to be famous.

Otunga isn't the worst I've seen, but it says something about the state of the WWE when a talent like Shelton was fired and Otunga is a regular feature on their main show.

JimmytheBlack
11-29-2010, 12:09 PM
Obviously the WWE goes with star power, and soicialites have star power. People are more familiar with Otunga. He makes people who don't watch wrestling to watch, just to see what him being there is all about. Then they see the other talent, and they're hooked. Shelton Benjamin has zero star power. He sounds bitter because Otunga has more potential to have a better career in the WWE.

el gabo
11-29-2010, 12:31 PM
Plain and simple Otunga sucks. He doesn't even deserve being discussed inthis forum.

JimmytheBlack
11-29-2010, 12:44 PM
Plain and simple Otunga sucks. He doesn't even deserve being discussed inthis forum.

He's not that bad. He gives of the feel that he belongs there. Since guys like Cena can become the face of the company. Why can't a guy like Otunga make it? Maybe he got pulled out of the training camp early, but WWE needs new talent, and Otunga fits.

el gabo
11-29-2010, 12:50 PM
He's not that bad. He gives of the feel that he belongs there. Since guys like Cena can become the face of the company. Why can't a guy like Otunga make it? Maybe he got pulled out of the training camp early, but WWE needs new talent, and Otunga fits.

A guy that says he loves New York http://thewindbeneathmychickenwings.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/newyorkblender4ax0.png would do anything for fame.

AndherestheJ
11-29-2010, 12:53 PM
Otunga sucks.....nuff said.

SilverGhost
11-29-2010, 12:54 PM
A guy that says he loves New York http://thewindbeneathmychickenwings.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/newyorkblender4ax0.png would do anything for fame.

She is a b*tch....

But a rather interesting turn of events for Otunga and his personal and wrestling lives.

JimmytheBlack
11-29-2010, 12:55 PM

You know you want a piece of that lol

SilverGhost
11-29-2010, 12:56 PM
You know you want a piece of that lol

Nah no thanks. I want my women to be less b*tchy.

JimmytheBlack
11-29-2010, 01:02 PM
Nah no thanks. I want my women to be less b*tchy.
That's why they invented paper bags and ball gags.

SilverGhost
11-29-2010, 01:10 PM
That's why they invented paper bags and ball gags.

I have class man. I wouldn't do it even if SHE payed me.

TheBeardOfZeus
11-29-2010, 01:15 PM
I have class man. I wouldn't do it even if SHE payed me.

Amen. I prefer my women to be real, not 50% plastic.

SilverGhost
11-29-2010, 01:20 PM

Agreed.

All natural for me.

JimmytheBlack
11-29-2010, 01:27 PM

You sure? In case of emergancies, she can double as a flotation device.

TheBeardOfZeus
11-29-2010, 01:40 PM
You sure? In case of emergancies, she can double as a flotation device.

True, but thats the only positive dude, she looks like if i touched her, i'd catch something.

JimmytheBlack
11-29-2010, 01:43 PM
True, but thats the only positive dude, she looks like if i touched her, i'd catch something.

You've already contracted ocular herpies my friend

TheBeardOfZeus
11-29-2010, 02:02 PM
You've already contracted ocular herpies my friend

Shit, best fetch the cream.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-29-2010, 06:43 PM
ocular herpies

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUa81n9IBFyDPR0fS7LQGzMly-bU6oDlWDFAYXBEnQgTAqexuI

U MAD???

mrbluto
11-29-2010, 07:29 PM
Give him a chance guys. I dont remember anyone being a good wrestler his first two or three years in the business.

$$$ Maker
11-29-2010, 07:43 PM
Who the hell is Jennifer Hudson!

SilverShowerPisser
11-29-2010, 08:18 PM

I have no clue.

Bodom
11-29-2010, 08:22 PM

David Otunga's wife?

el gabo