PDA

View Full Version : WWE today:

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-02-2010, 11:12 AM
It seems like a weaker product compared to how it used to be. When I was sitting down an watching the 900th ep. of RAW I noticed in those clips that RAW seemed a lot funner then. The Tag team division is dead, The singles division is GETTING there, and all you see is promos, segs, and 3 on 3's triple threats, and run-ins. WWE didn't earn it's fans by being a freakin' reality show! It earned it through wrestling an it's lucky for having so many dedicated fans.

Yes, I'm venting, but I also thought I could make this into a discussing. If you have something that REALLY urks you in the WWE then please explain. Some are willing to listen.

The Pike
09-03-2010, 03:29 AM
The Tag team division is dead, The singles division is GETTING there, and all you see is promos, segs, and 3 on 3's triple threats, and run-ins.

dead on. It's frustrating to see almost every match end in something other than a pinfall. the only time it does is when a mid-carder jobs to one of the top tier guys and those matches last about 30 seconds. The comedy stuff sucks. It's good ONCE IN AWHILE but it's every other segment now. The 6,8 , and 10 man tag matches are BORING. it's a cheap way of using your talent without having them actually WORK. I'd love to see a 60 minute iron man match. or a REAL hell-in-a-cell. The only match that is even mildly interesting is the MITB and even THAT they are running into the ground. ONCE a YEAR is cool but, come on... at least the Miz is creating SOME sort of suspense by not cashing in. that 900th episode bored me to death... I expected so much and was deeply disappointed. The two biggest F.U.'s of the night were the 'Taker/hitman non-match and the Austin fake-out by Punk. At least those would've been INTERESTING and made it FEEL like they were celebrating 17 years of RAW. it felt like the same old thing with a few extra video highlights (and even those were mostly NEW highlights from 08 on.) SAD. They dropped the ball on that one BIG time. For once I'd say that IMPACT was MUCH more interesting (and that hurts to say.) If anyone needs Paul Heyman it's WWE.

eyehatecena
09-03-2010, 11:01 AM
For the 900th ep, it sounded like they may do something different- but it was still the same. I do think the Austin/Punk thing worked though, just to get him even more over as a heel, but bringing the Big Show out really negated that. And it was nice to see Nexus winning that tag match- but I agree, there are too many 4, 6 or whatever tag matches. Let the Nexus guys wrestle more on their own, it will get them over better.

Incubus_99
09-03-2010, 04:42 PM
WWE today is quite predictable...even the Superstars show is with their mid carders...i actually miss the old days where u would have a steel cage match or a ladder match on a normal Raw/Smackdown episode...now u hardly get to see any of these except on a PPV...almost every match ends in a DQ or count out or interference of sorts...

eyehatecena
09-03-2010, 09:24 PM
I can not even tell you the last time I watched Superstars- probally the 1st 2 they showed maybe. But yeah, most Raws have been very predictable, as have been the PPVs- which I never get anymore, I just by Wrestlemaina when it comes on DVD. If a friend gets a PPV I go and watch, but they all pretty much suck too, rarely is there any sort of suprise. The same people are usually in the main event- with one pretty much winning every time. they build someone up, then put them in the ring with someone like Cena- then make them look weak by losing(it is nice to actually see somebody get a pin on him- it should happen more often.
The quest host crap has ruined WWE to a point too. WTH does Bob Barker, Neil Armstrong, Ozzy, Rob Zombie...etc..have to do with wrestling?(I can not think of anymore GHbecause I stopped watch Raw live for awhile, I would record it, and farward through the shitty stuff. Save the movie, tv stars, musicians for wrestlemania

AGEOFFALL
09-05-2010, 12:13 AM
WWE is lazy nowadays.

TNA 'The very best'
09-05-2010, 08:31 AM
Too Kiddy Friendly, Bring back some entertainment.

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
09-05-2010, 10:52 AM
i really think that hd has made the wwe product change for the worse since beginning of 2008 just hasnt had the same feel to it remember they had there own entrances but i suppose they brung in the hd it has made them save alot of money on the ramps etc but they product itself like the matches where good think the last moment of raw before it went into hd was jeff doing the swanton on randy orton which was a holy shit moment and there hasnt been much since then well that has been worthy to talk about but i have a ood feeling that once the titles have been unified that there will be a big change in wwe

SilverGhost
09-05-2010, 12:05 PM
WWE is lazy nowadays.

Yes...WWE is very lazy! Cena=big fat paychecks for writers.

IrkenInvader
09-05-2010, 02:51 PM
It wasn't the move to HD it's this lazy WWE "Creative" Board. They can't come up with anything new. The move to PG has limited their options, they recycle old storylines but most of the old stuff isn't kid friendly.

AGEOFFALL
09-05-2010, 10:54 PM
It wasn't the move to HD it's this lazy WWE "Creative" Board. They can't come up with anything new. The move to PG has limited their options, they recycle old storylines but most of the old stuff isn't kid friendly.

Maybe they'll figure this out soon enough.

SilverGhost
12-27-2010, 12:21 PM
Resurrection!

IrkenInvader
12-27-2010, 12:25 PM
Resurrection!
Your bored aren't you.

SilverGhost
12-27-2010, 12:29 PM
Your bored aren't you.

Actually I am bring back some threads that hold some significance because of the topic.

IrkenInvader
12-27-2010, 12:31 PM
Actually I am bring back some threads that hold some significance because of the topic.

Thats what I try to do.

SilverGhost
12-27-2010, 12:39 PM
Thats what I try to do.

Don't bring alot. Only a few.

IrkenInvader
12-27-2010, 12:40 PM
Don't bring alot. Only a few.

I already stopped.

TheDevilsAdvocate
01-02-2011, 12:36 PM
The Tag team division is dead, The singles division is GETTING there, and all you see is promos, segs, and 3 on 3's triple threats, and run-ins.

My golden comment!

An if I'm not mistaken... This is my first post in 2011!!

SilverGhost
01-02-2011, 01:12 PM
My golden comment!

An if I'm not mistaken... This is my first post in 2011!!

Congrats on that.