PDA

View Full Version : SMACKDOWN VS. RAW 2011 was a major let down.

AndyWonder
11-28-2010, 10:25 AM
I didn't like the game. The Road To Wrestlemania was lame, WWE Universe was also lame, and the only thing I liked about it was the roster. But that still was not enough for me to keep it. I sold it. I bought SMACKDOWN VS. RAW 2007 for a second time because that was my favorite. Awesome list of legends and unlocking them is easy. Excellent active roster although no Chris Jericho or Christian. Better yet, there are title matches in exhibition mode, which was taken out of SVR 2011. I will stick to SVR 07! Anyone else not like SVR 2011?

SilverGhost
11-28-2010, 10:27 AM
Quality of the game>Quantity of the game

Necroyeti
11-28-2010, 10:39 AM
I honestly haven't bought a wrestling videogame since WWF Attitude for the Nintendo 64. I was thinking about getting SvR2011 because it got good reviews though... would you recommend renting it instead?

SilverGhost
11-28-2010, 10:41 AM
I honestly haven't bought a wrestling videogame since WWF Attitude for the Nintendo 64. I was thinking about getting SvR2011 because it got good reviews though... would you recommend renting it instead?

The thing is the controls keep changing every year. And add somethings that are and aren't necessary.

SilverWWTNA
11-28-2010, 11:02 AM
the game is like svr 10 with better graphics, no title matches on exhibition mode, WWE Universe Mode, and you can walk around backstage in RTW. They need to add more new things to improve the game like fixing the lag in Xbox Live for starters.

Bodom
11-28-2010, 11:12 AM
No title matches on Exhibition?!

Well thats dumb.

Kid_Gangsta
11-28-2010, 11:25 AM
i stopped buying WWE games after SVR 09. Granted i got the game for the PSP it was still TRASH. In 09 and beyond, they stripped all the good stuff, Season Mode, Gm mode etc. They change the controls up every year, and overall THQ and Yukes are just damn lazy. WWE should of never signed that contract with THQ till 2014. But hey, "fans" of the franchise will still buy the game regardless....

SilverWWTNA
11-28-2010, 11:27 AM
i stopped buying WWE games after SVR 09. Granted i got the game for the PSP it was still TRASH. In 09 and beyond, they stripped all the good stuff, Season Mode, Gm mode etc. They change the controls up every year, and overall THQ and Yukes are just damn lazy. WWE should of never signed that contract with THQ till 2014. But hey, "fans" of the franchise will still buy the game regardless....

I say the same people who made UFC Undisputed should make SVR.

el gabo
11-28-2010, 11:31 AM

That one REALLY sucked.

SilverWWTNA
11-28-2010, 11:33 AM
That one REALLY sucked.

I mean UFC Undisputed 2010.

willos19991
11-28-2010, 11:59 AM
the guys who made ufc undisputed and the guys who made svr i believe are the same guys thq i believe

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-28-2010, 12:03 PM
I long for the day when the control system for SD! Here Come's The Pain returns to us.

Everybody is making pointless and crappy updates.

Video Games, Myspace, Twitter, etc.

<<; Even the Radio sucks now.

CobraNightviper
11-28-2010, 12:33 PM
is myspace even around anymore I thought that died out already and svr 2011 sucks I bought it the day it came out and I wish I had my $60.00 bucks back now damn it I have the buyers remorse.

it'sclobberintime
11-28-2010, 12:35 PM
I completely disagree, the game is pretty damn fun, easy improvement on last year. The one thing that I do agree with is the the road to wrestlemanias are sometimes a bit ugh. Nothing ever tops the first two smackdowns for me :)

SilverWWTNA
11-28-2010, 12:37 PM
is myspace even around anymore I thought that died out already and svr 2011 sucks I bought it the day it came out and I wish I had my $60.00 bucks back now damn it I have the buyers remorse.

To be honest, the game has its flaws but I don't think its that bad of a game. SVR 10 was the worst in wrestling game history.

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-28-2010, 12:51 PM
I completely disagree, the game is pretty damn fun, easy improvement on last year. The one thing that I do agree with is the the road to wrestlemanias are sometimes a bit ugh. Nothing ever tops the first two smackdowns for me :)

It does look fun. =/ Just the control system's have been really lame for me. It started sucking after Smackdown Vs. Raw 2007. An the season mode is another big issue I have with the game. They have this preset storyline planned for you with just a small set of wrestlers to choose from. Honestly I liked the Shut Your Mouth season mode the most. You could walk around backstage, engage in so many storylines an you could choose ANY wrestler on the roster. The recent games are just really, really BAD in some aspects. I currently have all of the games except for Legends of Wrestlemania an SVR 11. An on 08, 09, and 10 I had to completely re-learn how to make people look good on Create A Wrestler.. Because they look so f'n ugly as with the other games your guy is mildly handsome an you didn't have to do a shizzzy load of work. An they do little improvements IMO. Sure there are a few but nothing ground breaking. That is why I refuse to buy another WWE game, unless of course a rare game called WWE vs. TNA comes out.

Taxi Driver
11-28-2010, 01:08 PM
Can't wait to get the game, I heard sum people say the game is addictive.

jcagosto
11-28-2010, 01:19 PM
Both are made by THQ....

Dameduse823
11-28-2010, 01:36 PM
I wholeheartedly disagree I'm really enjoying this game. The Wrestlmania storylines were stupid but thats a small part of teh game and they've sucked in every game. I think the roster is great, the grapics are awesome, and the new movesets are awesome. Teh only thing I've been disapointed with was that the CAW feature hasn't really changed in the last few games

SilverWWTNA
11-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Both are made by THQ....

But are made by different teams.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
11-28-2010, 01:59 PM
You can easily get around the "no title matches in exhibition mode" deal by just having the matches and then just putting the title on the guy you want in "My Superstars." You can still fight for some titles in exhibition mode though. I don't see what the big deal is. I highly recommend the game.

Jaws
11-28-2010, 02:13 PM
I think it's a fun game. You guys are nitpicking.

Wrestling Rant
11-28-2010, 02:31 PM
I love the game but cant help but feel let down each and every year. Although it has a very large roster, it takes absolutely ages to unlock them all.
In road to wrestlemania, the backstage is so void of life and miserable. Every time you go up to a wrestler they either tell you to get lost, or grunt. It would of bin so much better if you can actually have a conversation with them, like you could with WWE here comes the pain.

IrkenInvader
11-28-2010, 04:01 PM
I'm a big fan of the games, if I were to total all of my video game time I'm sure the games I've played the most is SVR. I didn't buy 11 becuase I wasn't impressed with the graphics, they were obviously toned downed from 10. The 11 graphics make it look like your playing with toys. For the most part I like the controls of 07-10. What I don't like is how they take moves out of the game. I try to remake the same characters in each game but most of my favorite moves are taken out every year, so they're movesets are nothing like they were in the previous games..

Mr. McMahon
11-28-2010, 05:20 PM
if you want a good game, get here comes the pain... or if you want a good svr game get svr 2006 (it scored the highest rating any wrestling game ever has on ign, it even beat HCTP)

CobraNightviper
11-28-2010, 06:52 PM
I haven't played a decent smackdown game since here comes the pain(or at least I can rember)hell by the time they are released half the roster is already fired I know wrestling changes fast but come on they could atleast let us update the ring atire.

dxtaker
11-28-2010, 06:57 PM
eh its not that bad of a game. its not nearly as good as 2010, 2007, HCTP or any others I'm forgetting but at least its not as bad as svr08.

Thewoodcutter
11-28-2010, 07:06 PM
You can easily get around the "no title matches in exhibition mode" deal by just having the matches and then just putting the title on the guy you want in "My Superstars." You can still fight for some titles in exhibition mode though. I don't see what the big deal is. I highly recommend the game.

This game is awseome I totally agree, I am addicted to this game lately when I'm wondering around The Mojave Wasteland

The Brown One
11-28-2010, 10:43 PM
please tell me they brought back gm mode?dat was 1 of the best parts

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-28-2010, 10:47 PM
please tell me they brought back gm mode?dat was 1 of the best parts

They replaced it with Storyline Designer Mode.

IrkenInvader
11-28-2010, 11:38 PM
eh its not that bad of a game. its not nearly as good as 2010, 2007, HCTP or any others I'm forgetting but at least its not as bad as svr08.

I hated that one, especially the create a wrestler mode unlocking those abilities was rough.

straightedge916
11-29-2010, 12:05 AM

umm. i dont know if you were trying to be sarcastic, but THQ and Yukes make UFC undisputed 2010

dxtaker
11-29-2010, 01:39 PM
I hated that one, especially the create a wrestler mode unlocking those abilities was rough.

I think everyone hated that one XD

JimmytheBlack
11-29-2010, 01:52 PM
No title matches on Exhibition?!

Well thats dumb.

That destroys offline play. Getting to have you're fantasy champions is what those games were all about. The best part was playing against your buddy's best character and putting the title on the line. Can you still have two player title matches outside of exhibition mode?

BevinBoyz
11-29-2010, 09:14 PM
i think the game went shitty after Smackdown SYM & HCTP..