PDA

View Full Version : A Woman in a Man's World

Glamour Girl
11-29-2012, 01:42 PM
As many of you e-fedders have noticed my character Athena has just recently debuted in IWA and is set to debut soon at BITW I. She's not the usual "Diva" and she instead has a more Chyna-like role in the sense that Athena's character is meant to be a woman who's an equal to men in the ring and faces them instead of facing other women. I know some guys are not fond of the idea of facing a woman and feel like maybe losing to a woman makes them look bad. I've gotten to talk to many e-fedders about this already, but through this thread I get to hear from many more of you so please let me know what you think.

AshleyPunk
11-29-2012, 01:44 PM
As many of you e-fedders have noticed my character Athena has just recently debuted in IWA and is set to debut soon at BITW I. She's not the usual "Diva" and she instead has a more Chyna-like role in the sense that Athena's character is meant to be a woman who's an equal to men in the ring and faces them instead of facing other women. I know some guys are not fond of the idea of facing a woman and feel like maybe losing to a woman makes them look bad. I've gotten to talk to many e-fedders about this already, but through this thread I get to hear from many more of you so please let me know what you think.

Hey :)
Heres the thing, women are strong and dominent, men should not feel down about this prospect but, revel in the fun of the fed

SLEEPY LOCO1
11-29-2012, 01:49 PM

I would like to read that I don't have any problem with it, I like your character would actually like to work a promo with you sometime. I like how you have rolled with some of the things said and I hope you don't think from what I say while I am ICing that I have a problem with your character. Most of the time I'm just trying to be funny.:cool:

Glamour Girl
11-29-2012, 01:52 PM
I would like to read that I don't have any problem with it, I like your character would actually like to work a promo with you sometime. I like how you have rolled with some of the things said and I hope you don't think from what I say while I am ICing that I have a problem with your character. Most of the time I'm just trying to be funny.:cool:

Of course not lol. I can't expect to play a very strong woman like Athena without the jokes about being a tranny, a freak and a man lol. In truth, women who work out so much do lose some of their feminine qualities and look more masculine. My character doesn't expect any special treatment in that sense, no pussyfooting around the obvious.

Tommy Thunder
11-29-2012, 01:55 PM
As I've stated in our past chats, I don't think there's a problem with women facing guys. It's happened in real wrestling and worked, so why not in e-fed wrestling? :)

HolyJose2391
11-29-2012, 01:56 PM
I don't think it's a matter of losing to a women that bothers some guys it's the whole they'd have to hit a women and a lot of guys on here are very chivalrous like myself and feel even in fantasy we'd never hurt a women

Glamour Girl
11-29-2012, 02:00 PM
I don't think it's a matter of losing to a women that bothers some guys it's the whole they'd have to hit a women and a lot of guys on here are very chivalrous like myself and feel even in fantasy we'd never hurt a women

That's a fair point, but then again in this situation it's not abuse it's competition. My character weighs 200 lbs and can bench press 285 lbs so it's safe to say that a woman like that wouldn't be hurt as easily as an average build woman would be. She'd also be able to hurt a man much more easily than an average sized woman so I believe the credibility is there in order to avoid any shame for a man who'd lose to her.

Tommy Thunder
11-29-2012, 02:01 PM

You really think that's the problem? It's fantasy. Being afraid of hitting a woman in a fantasy world is ridiculous if you ask me.

Super_Dave
11-29-2012, 02:08 PM

I agree with HolyJose.... not even in efedding would I want my character to wrestle a woman, whether she's fit or not. Maybe it's a hispanic culture thing. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

eyehatecena
11-29-2012, 02:12 PM
i get what you are saying HJ but this is all make believe, just as it is in wwe,tna,roh...etc. And just like in movies and books- though in those they do go a bit too far at times. Would i ever hit a woman? Of course not, but as far as these make believe characters, much like the wrestling seen on tv, its not real fighting or hitting. I dont see it being a problem here though some will think differently and they have that right to.

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-29-2012, 02:13 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me89jastqp1rtbs6o.gif

Glamour Girl
11-29-2012, 02:15 PM
I agree with HolyJose.... not even in efedding would I want my character to wrestle a woman, whether she's fit or not. Maybe it's a hispanic culture thing. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I don't think it's a hispanic thing since I believe women face men all the time in Mexico and in Puerto Rico I've also seen a few intergender matches. I respect your opinion anyway though.

SLEEPY LOCO1
11-29-2012, 02:17 PM

It's just fantasy plus there are women that can hold their own against any man out there. Wrestling is a sport, if an athlete is physically fit enough to compete at the top level of any sport, male or female, they should not be held back.

And this has nothing to do with being hispanic or catholic or any of that. I am both of those and that is my belief on this topic.

Glamour Girl
11-29-2012, 02:24 PM
It's just fantasy plus there are women that can hold their own against any man out there. Wrestling is a sport, if an athlete is physically fit enough to compete at the top level of any sport, male or female, they should not be held back.

And this has nothing to do with being hispanic or catholic or any of that. I am both of those and that is my belief on this topic.

I am actually hispanic myself and don't find the idea of men hitting women to be taboo because of a cultural sense, but rather due to the fact that women are usually more fragile than men and not capable of defending themselves and that's where I believe that the idea of men hitting women being wrong comes from the idea that it's in fact abuse and not like 2 men fighting since it's assumed they can defend each other better. The same applies to hitting children, the taboo comes from hurting someone who can't defend himself.

Tommy Thunder
11-29-2012, 02:25 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me89jastqp1rtbs6o.gif

I LOVE Aladin! <3

i get what you are saying HJ but this is all make believe, just as it is in wwe,tna,roh...etc. And just like in movies and books- though in those they do go a bit too far at times. Would i ever hit a woman? Of course not, but as far as these make believe characters, much like the wrestling seen on tv, its not real fighting or hitting. I dont see it being a problem here though some will think differently and they have that right to.

Exactly guys. Just as you'd hit a woman in a video game (we've all done that in GTA (for example)), I don't see why you'd need to think twice before doing it in e-fedding.
It's fantasy. You should be able to open your mind up to do the unthinkable/un-doable etc.

As EHC said, I would NEVER hit a woman in real life, of course not, but this is e-fedding for crying out loud. It's made up, not real. Te whole point is that we have a creative platform to do things that we wouldn't be able to do in real life.
That's just my take on things.

HolyJose2391
11-29-2012, 02:26 PM
See a lot of us see our characters as an extension of who we are or wish to be. A lot of us do not wish to be hitting another women it doesn't matter how fit or how much stronger they are it's about morals and values even in a fantasy setting. We want to up keep that of who we are

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-29-2012, 02:29 PM
I LOVE Aladin! <3

Whoa! Tommy Thunder just used a heart. It's okay.. I love Aladin too. <3

Tommy Thunder
See a lot of us see our characters as an extension of who we are or wish to be. A lot of us do not wish to be hitting another women it doesn't matter how fit or how much stronger they are it's about morals and values even in a fantasy setting. We want to up keep that of who we are

That's fair enough. I can understand that.

eyehatecena
and the way i look at it, Glamour Girl, Panda and Ashleypunk and any other female user who waants to take part in efeding shouldn't have to create male wrestlers if they don't want to just to compete with men. Glamours Athena is like Chyna- she looked just as credible in the ring with a man as with a woman.

Super_Dave
11-29-2012, 02:32 PM

That's what I'm trying to say myself.... I love to efed as a way to escape some crappy things that go on in my life, more of an escape from reality and just have some fun, but to me, hitting a woman, efed or not, doesn't seem right to me.... That's just me. I like my characters to be tough SOBs, but I do have a fine line.

Tommy Thunder
11-29-2012, 02:33 PM
Whoa! Tommy Thunder just used a heart. It's okay.. I love Aladin too. <3

LOL! That's sig worthy! Rob told me to cut down on sig quotes, but that's going in there TDA!

However...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5vulA50tyI

But seriously, Aladin, how can you not <3 that film!

Torphy
11-29-2012, 02:36 PM
Here's my two cents. In my opinion it doesn't matter the dynamic of a match, whether it be male vs male, female vs male or female vs female, losing is a part of fedding, and some people just don't enjoy losing full stop. But when you do throw it out there that it's a female beating a male, despite this being all about the shits n giggs, some guys would take that as a shot to their masculinity. As silly as that would be.

When it comes to my characters, i've already been able to imagine a Malcolm Adonis vs Athena story line and it'd be hilarious. Malcolm losing a match to Athena wouldn't bother me in any way.

Tommy Thunder
11-29-2012, 02:40 PM
Here's my two cents. In my opinion it doesn't matter the dynamic of a match, whether it be male vs male, female vs male or female vs female, losing is a part of fedding, and some people just don't enjoy losing full stop. But when you do throw it out there that it's a female beating a male, despite this being all about the shits n giggs, some guys would take that as a shot to their masculinity. As silly as that would be.

When it comes to my characters, i've already been able to imagine a Malcolm Adonis vs Athena story line and it'd be hilarious. Malcolm losing a match to Athena wouldn't bother me in any way.

Well according to those who are opposed to the idea here, their opposition isn't about their character losing to a woman, it's something more personal it seems.

SouthernBlood
11-29-2012, 02:46 PM
IDK. I have no real serious ethical problems I guess,But as long as It's someone like Athena at least it def helps,me personally Ano Doom is Six and a half feet and nearly 400...Close to halfway there at least...Just dont put him in there with someone the size of say,Kelly Kelly...That's just too far with the realm of possibilty...If they're at least somewhat believable like Athena though...Then he doesn't care....Destroy everyone lol.

Glamour Girl
11-29-2012, 02:50 PM
IDK. I have no real serious ethical problems I guess,But as long as It's someone like Athena at least it def helps,me personally Ano Doom is Six and a half feet and nearly 400...Close to halfway there at least...Just dont put him in there with someone the size of say,Kelly Kelly...That's just too far with the realm of possibilty...If they're at least somewhat believable like Athena though...Then he doesn't care....Destroy everyone lol.

Aww that's very sweet in a very weird way lol.

Torphy
11-29-2012, 02:54 PM
Well according to those who are opposed to the idea here, their opposition isn't about their character losing to a woman, it's something more personal it seems.

If that is the case then, I think it's somewhat of a sexist view of things. It's like viewing women as a weaker gender than men. Now i'm as opposed to hitting women as the next guy, but i'm equally against hitting men, children, animals. In an efed setting, saying your character cannot fight women is almost an admission that you feel your male character IS stronger without a doubt and it would be in bad taste to do the match.

Just my view on things, i'm sure most will disagree.

Robareid
11-29-2012, 02:57 PM
Don't have a problem with it at all. Facts are facts, some women would beat some men in a fight. True, on average a man would beat a women, but Athena certainly isn't average

magglis
11-29-2012, 02:58 PM
I'm just gonna say this if GG is ok with that i don't think we have a problem here

Glamour Girl
11-29-2012, 03:00 PM
I'm just gonna say this if GG is ok with that i don't think we have a problem here

I don't understand. If GG is ok with what?

magglis
11-29-2012, 03:01 PM
Also it will be nice to see her using a male character.That will be interesting and a challenge

Damn you Tommy,i just quoted my self:mad:

magglis
11-29-2012, 03:02 PM
I don't understand. If GG is ok with what?
Well silly about Athena facing male characters and you are ok with that

Rehmix
11-29-2012, 03:07 PM
Hate to say it guys but Aladdin is spelled with two Ds

Rehmix
11-29-2012, 03:08 PM
Oh and I'm fine with GG having a women wrestle men.

eyehatecena
11-29-2012, 03:19 PM
i had signed up one of my tough female charaters up for the Grand Prix tournament but my opponent(the user) was not ok with it for the same reason. So i respected that, his views/beliefs, and replaced her with one of my male characters

Glamour Girl
11-29-2012, 03:20 PM
Well silly about Athena facing male characters and you are ok with that

Well I don't feel silly about it because I'm not trying to sell the idea of Kelly Kelly beating men. This is a 6 ft tall woman that weighs 200 lbs. I've seen some of the male characters in the bio threads and many of them are shorter and weigh less than her so I do think it's credible. For those of you who have never seen my character this is what she looks like:

magglis
11-29-2012, 03:23 PM
Well I don't feel silly about it because I'm not trying to sell the idea of Kelly Kelly beating men. This is a 6 ft tall woman that weighs 200 lbs. I've seen some of the male characters in the bio threads and many of them are shorter and weigh less than her so I do think it's credible. For those of you who have never seen my character this is what she looks like:

I never said that:confused:

What i meant if you want to see her wrestle male characters i can't see the reason why anyone would have a problem with that:)

Grind_Bastard
11-29-2012, 03:29 PM
I never said that:confused:

What i meant if you want to see her wrestle male characters i can't see the reason why anyone would have a problem with that:)

SouthernBlood did.

My only problem was that woman defeating a much bigger character (think Ano Doom or Grind Bastard himself) fair and square, but then again, if D-Bry can beat Kane, why not?

I'll never beat a woman in real life, but this is wrestling, so if Athena wants to mess with one of my fellas, no problem (except for Miguel Tenorio, his chivalry wouldn't allow him to do it). And of course Lust will be eager to prove she's sexy and ruthless as hell.

Super_Dave
11-29-2012, 03:30 PM
Let's just us guys create some women wrestlers.... we did that on the WWE Fed and it the women's division has exploded.

magglis
11-29-2012, 03:33 PM
SouthernBlood did.

My only problem was that woman defeating a much bigger character (think Ano Doom or Grind Bastard himself) fair and square, but then again, if D-Bry can beat Kane, why not?

I'll never beat a woman in real life, but this is wrestling, so if Athena wants to mess with one of my fellas, no problem (except for Miguel Tenorio, his chivalry wouldn't allow him to do it). And of course Lust will be eager to prove she's sexy and ruthless as hell.
Seriously i don't have a problem with that i believe the e-feds are for fun and not for personal egos,no fence Grind:)

Torphy
11-29-2012, 03:35 PM
Let's just us guys create some women wrestlers.... we did that on the WWE Fed and it the women's division has exploded.

That's not really what GG is asking for though. It's not at all unrealistic for a well built, athletic and strong female wrestler to be able to sell a good match with male wrestlers.

Put it this way, if people are so against a man facing a woman then opt out. I can't see IWA, BITW or any fed forcing anyone into a feud they don't want. Above all else people shouldn't forget that this isn't real, professional wrestling isn't real, your character isn't actually going to be hitting a girl.. it's all scripted!

Super_Dave
11-29-2012, 03:37 PM
That's not really what GG is asking for though. It's not at all unrealistic for a well built, athletic and strong female wrestler to be able to sell a good match with male wrestlers.

Put it this way, if people are so against a man facing a woman then opt out. I can't see IWA, BITW or any fed forcing anyone into a feud they don't want. Above all else people shouldn't forget that this isn't real, professional wrestling isn't real, your character isn't actually going to be hitting a girl.. it's all scripted!

Sorry... I should have been more specific.... If a guy has a trouble with his character hitting a women, then create a women wrestler comparable to Athena and have fun with it. Just a thought bro.

Glamour Girl
11-29-2012, 03:43 PM
Sorry... I should have been more specific.... If a guy has a trouble with his character hitting a women, then create a women wrestler comparable to Athena and have fun with it. Just a thought bro.

I'd rather they not face my character than having them create a character just so they don't have to use their male characters to fight me. It would take away what makes my character special if everyone who didn't want their male character to hit a woman created another character like mine hehe.

Torphy
11-29-2012, 03:46 PM

It's an idea that some could use, it's a fair enough thing to do. But what i'm having trouble getting my head around is why in an efed/fantasy setting people have issues with men fighting women? I get that some guys still believe in chivalry and for example are outraged by domestic abuse, but this hardly qualifies as such. We're talking about a woman built like a man here, as fast as a man, as strong as a man and willing to fight any and all men around. For all intents and purposes, Athena is no different to any wrestler with a gimmick, it's just that her gimmick is that she's a woman who fights men.

But like I said, no one's gonna be forced into doing something they don't want to, i've turned story lines down before because I didn't want any part of them.

Super_Dave
11-29-2012, 04:03 PM
It's an idea that some could use, it's a fair enough thing to do. But what i'm having trouble getting my head around is why in an efed/fantasy setting people have issues with men fighting women? I get that some guys still believe in chivalry and for example are outraged by domestic abuse, but this hardly qualifies as such. We're talking about a woman built like a man here, as fast as a man, as strong as a man and willing to fight any and all men around. For all intents and purposes, Athena is no different to any wrestler with a gimmick, it's just that her gimmick is that she's a woman who fights men.

But like I said, no one's gonna be forced into doing something they don't want to, i've turned story lines down before because I didn't want any part of them.

I do it for personal reasons bro.... I've seen my fair share of domestic abuse in my family with my sister being involved with an asshole that would beat her and then try to make amends, and she always went back to him. Finally, she left that loser. It's just not my type of thing and I have an issue with it, but like I said, it's just a 'too close to home' issue for me. But I do like the last part of your post, I'm in full agreement to that, it comes down to choice.

Tommy Thunder
11-29-2012, 04:56 PM
If that is the case then, I think it's somewhat of a sexist view of things. It's like viewing women as a weaker gender than men. Now i'm as opposed to hitting women as the next guy, but i'm equally against hitting men, children, animals. In an efed setting, saying your character cannot fight women is almost an admission that you feel your male character IS stronger without a doubt and it would be in bad taste to do the match.

Just my view on things, i'm sure most will disagree.

I agree with that to a certain extent.

Hate to say it guys but Aladdin is spelled with two Ds

I got excited damnit!

I personally would of course ask first if the 2 parties were ok to work with each other if I was ever to invoke a man vs woman feud or match or whatever. More so after reading this thread, since some people seem insecure about the idea.
But as you said, and as many have pointed out, this isn't real. I find it strange that anyone has a problem with having their made up character face a woman wrestler.

Regarding the bolded, I think that's what Jose and Dave's problem was. They were simply opposed to hitting a woman, even in make believe (sorry if I'm mistaken there, but I think that's what you both said)

We've seen Chyna facing male wrestlers, we've seen Beth Phoenix in the Royal Rumble and she's beat up males before, and I'm pretty sure that Awesome Kong has had her fair share of inter-gender matches.
If real life guys haven't got a problem with grappling with women, then why should made up male wrestlers? It just comes across to me as people having a bit of an ego problem.

Shining Light
11-29-2012, 05:00 PM
From my perspective, I ask myself two questions:

1 - Would Shining hit a woman?

2 - Would I be okay with that?

The answer to both of these being yes. After all, it's just e-fedding, it doesn't imitate real life. If it did, I'd be a religious freak going round blowing up churches and kidnapping those who didnt agree with me. If you don't want your character to be involved in a feud with a female wrestler, then just say no. It's that simple. You won't get kicked out of your fed for failing to comply with creative nor will you be treated differently.

Grind_Bastard
11-29-2012, 05:02 PM
Seriously i don't have a problem with that i believe the e-feds are for fun and not for personal egos,no fence Grind

First of all, the subject of the main verb is past tense (was) which indicates something that is not currently happening. Second, you totally missed the rest of the sentence.

Super_Dave
11-29-2012, 05:02 PM
I agree with that to a certain extent.

I got excited damnit!

I personally would of course ask first if the 2 parties were ok to work with each other if I was ever to invoke a man vs woman feud or match or whatever. More so after reading this thread, since some people seem insecure about the idea.
But as you said, and as many have pointed out, this isn't real. I find it strange that anyone has a problem with having their made up character face a woman wrestler.

Regarding the bolded, I think that's what Jose and Dave's problem was. They were simply opposed to hitting a woman, even in make believe (sorry if I'm mistaken there, but I think that's what you both said)

We've seen Chyna facing male wrestlers, we've seen Beth Phoenix in the Royal Rumble and she's beat up males before, and I'm pretty sure that Awesome Kong has had her fair share of inter-gender matches.
If real life guys haven't got a problem with grappling with women, then why should made up male wrestlers? It just comes across to me as people having a bit of an ego problem.

No mistake pal... but I like what you said in the beginning.... Just ask the 2 parties involved if they wouldn't mind doing that type of angle.

Kashdinero
11-29-2012, 05:36 PM
I've no problem with booking Athena vs men, and I've no problem with having any of my characters face her. Lol, we've all played Street Fighter, and I bet none of you had a problem with unleashing a Dragon Punch or two on Chun Li or Cammy--I don't really see there being much difference here.

SouthernBlood
11-29-2012, 05:39 PM
I've no problem with booking Athena vs men, and I've no problem with having any of my characters face her. Lol, we've all played Street Fighter, and I bet none of you had a problem with unleashing a Dragon Punch or two on Chun Li or Cammy--I don't really see there being much difference here.

Soul Calibur is moree like it...Nightmare swingin that sword all over the place....You are correct about that lol ;)

magglis
11-29-2012, 05:41 PM
First of all, the subject of the main verb is past tense (was) which indicates something that is not currently happening. Second, you totally missed the rest of the sentence.
No i read what you said bro

Grind_Bastard
11-29-2012, 05:48 PM
No i read what you said bro

?????????? I said I had, andafter thinking about it, I don't have it anymore.

Glamour Girl
11-29-2012, 05:50 PM
My intention with this thread isn't to change anyone's mind, however, it would be great if I could. My intention is to find out just how high the level of opposition would be to it. Although Athena hasn't done much yet I enjoy IC'ing as her and part of the reason I enjoy is because 99% of the characters in these e-feds are men so not only is my character unique, but also she gets to do IC'ing with all you guys (something that my other characters just don't get to do). When I do IC'ing as my character Eden most of the time most of the male characters won't comment to what I say (unless it's specifically directed at them), they won't acknowledge her presence and unless there are other female characters IC'ing (props to Scribbler and eyehatecena for this) I won't be very invested in the IC'ing. That's not an issue when I do IC'ing as Athena, whom is perceived as an equal to the male characters and thus not ignored.

magglis
11-29-2012, 05:55 PM
?????????? I said I had, andafter thinking about it, I don't have it anymore.
You kinda lost me now:confused::(

K-Jammin
11-29-2012, 06:03 PM
My character would suplex a dog through a flaming table if it meant holding on to his world title. Therefore he would have no problem wrestling a female if she could hold her own :) It would certainly be a new refreshing storyline.

Grind_Bastard
11-29-2012, 06:04 PM
You kinda lost me now:confused::(

Seems like both have a problem with English LOL.

In any case: I thought that could be a problem, but I remembered that smaller men defeating much bigger men it's common in wrestling, then realized there is no problem at all.

magglis
11-29-2012, 06:07 PM
Seems like both have a problem with English LOL.

In any case: I thought that could be a problem, but I remembered that smaller men defeating much bigger men it's common in wrestling, then realized there is no problem at all.
Unfortunately:p

Oh hes i agree with that.And another good example is Chyna beating Jericho for the IC title one of the best wrestlers in history :)

Grind_Bastard
11-29-2012, 06:09 PM
Unfortunately:p

Oh hes i agree with that.And another good example is Chyna beating Jericho for the IC title one of the best wrestlers in history :)

Therefore, no problems for me (user behind the characters), except for MT, but that's the way the character works, nothing more, nothing less.

magglis
11-29-2012, 06:14 PM
Therefore, no problems for me (user behind the characters), except for MT, but that's the way the character works, nothing more, nothing less.
Understandable :)

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-29-2012, 06:50 PM
I think Holy Jose makes a very good point, Yes it's not real.. but if you are playing the good guy face, how are you going to look by hitting a women? However GG knows how I feel about this.. and I will support her any way I can.

magglis
11-29-2012, 06:56 PM
I think Holy Jose makes a very good point, Yes it's not real.. but if you are playing the good guy face, how are you going to look by hitting a women? However GG knows how I feel about this.. and I will support her any way I can.
Bully Rey smashing girls through tables people loved that

Tommy Thunder
11-29-2012, 06:57 PM
No mistake pal... but I like what you said in the beginning.... Just ask the 2 parties involved if they wouldn't mind doing that type of angle.

Cool, just checking!
But yeah, I would have asked before anyway, but after seeing in this thread that some are opposed to it I'll 100% be checking to make sure now. As Torphy said, I won't force anyone to do something that they don't want to, as long as there's a logical and reasonable excuse.

Exactly man. As I said earlier, in real life you wouldn't hesitate for a second to hit a woman in a video game (such as Street Fighter) or whatever, and that's no different to what we're doing here.

magglis
11-29-2012, 07:02 PM
Cool, just checking!
But yeah, I would have asked before anyway, but after seeing in this thread that some are opposed to it I'll 100% be checking to make sure now. As Torphy said, I won't force anyone to do something that they don't want to, as long as there's a logical and reasonable excuse.

Exactly man. As I said earlier, in real life you wouldn't hesitate for a second to hit a woman in a video game (such as Street Fighter) or whatever, and that's no different to what we're doing here.
100% agree with that

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-29-2012, 07:07 PM
Bully Rey smashing girls through tables people loved that

Is Bully ray good guy face? Yeah.. didn't think so.

Lets do it like this.. can you see Cena doing that? No... so I guess what I'm saying is.. it would depend on the character and the feud she's in for it to work in my opinion.

Would I be happy with Athena beating my character, it's fine with me.. GG is a friend and anyway I can help her like others have helped me then awesome!.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-29-2012, 07:08 PM
I think Tommy has it right as others have said.. as long as the booking is right, both parties are happy then fine. :)

Tommy Thunder
11-29-2012, 07:09 PM

Lets do it like this.. can you see Cena doing that? No... so I guess what I'm saying is.. it would depend on the character and the feud she's in for it to work in my opinion.

Would I be happy with Athena beating my character, it's fine with me.. GG is a friend and anyway I can help her like others have helped me then awesome!.

I think he means in the past man.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-29-2012, 07:11 PM
I think he means in the past man.

It's hard to know what Magg's is ever on about.. :p Even then, The Dudley's were never baby face good guys, plus it was the attitude era we have all gone PG now!

:cool:

Glamour Girl
11-29-2012, 07:12 PM

He means when the Dudleyz were in WWE. They used to be faces and they'd put a lot of women through tables including Lita, Trish, Terri, etc and they never seemed to get heat for it except one time when they did it to Trish by accident.

magglis
11-29-2012, 07:14 PM
It's hard to know what Magg's is ever on about.. :p Even then, The Dudley's were never baby face good guys, plus it was the attitude era we have all gone PG now!

:cool:
They were good guys faces but now WWE became PG.The rock hit a girl Stone cold hit a girl almost everyone in the past

magglis
11-29-2012, 07:15 PM
He means when the Dudleyz were in WWE. They used to be faces and they'd put a lot of women through tables including Lita, Trish, Terri, etc and they never seemed to get heat for it except one time when they did it to Trish by accident.
And even more heat watching Lita hitting guys:D

bearkg88
11-29-2012, 07:16 PM

Exactly. I have nothing against the Athena character, as I frankly think its different. My only problem is thinking of who I could have her feud with, that the other person might not make a stink ya know? But if i were to start a feud with Athena and another male star and the user didn't like the idea, I'd of course have that character bow out of the feud.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-29-2012, 07:19 PM

They were good guys faces but now WWE became PG.The rock hit a girl Stone cold hit a girl almost everyone in the past

I know what he was on about..

Okay, forget the dudleys.. I think the point has already been made Haha!

chunkkynutzzz
11-29-2012, 08:30 PM
Why doesn't Athena have a Brother come into a fed your interested in

Just like guys have created a female character

You can create a guy wrestler to expand yourself.. Like Athen the Powerful !

That way there is not a problem at all in somebody putting you over

Wtchu think Glamour Girl?

Glamour Girl
11-29-2012, 08:40 PM
Why doesn't Athena have a Brother come into a fed your interested in

Just like guys have created a female character

You can create a guy wrestler to expand yourself.. Like Athen the Powerful !

That way there is not a problem at all in somebody putting you over

Wtchu think Glamour Girl?

There are tons of guys in these e-feds. What's gained by me creating one more? Athena could credibly beat up many guys so why does she need a brother to do it? I'm fine with some guys not wanting to face her at all and just wanted to find out how many were cool with it and how many were opposed. As a woman in the men's division Athena is different and special. Sure some guys have created female characters, but very few are invested in them and you can tell by the lack of IC'ing as those characters. Their characters are kind of just there to wrestle and do the occasional promo. Playing the role of a male character wouldn't make me happier, but I appreciate the advice.

wrestlingfan66513
11-29-2012, 08:42 PM
Some users see their characters as an extension of themselves except turned up and they just don't want to see them attack a woman. With that said, I see Hawk as a super turned up version of myself a bit and don't mind it since it's fantasy but to an extent of normal matches, I do not want to be involved in assulting female characters with weapons thought

Rated_R(ob)KO
11-29-2012, 08:45 PM
For me, it would depend on my character used. Artemis, RedRuM wouldn't have a problem... Abraham and Sandman would. Butcher and Macabre wouldn't mind either, its a horror movie to them. It just depends on who it is and if they have multiple characters, who they're using as well.

Artemis Eclipse
11-29-2012, 08:48 PM
For me, it would depend on my character used. Artemis, RedRuM wouldn't have a problem... Abraham and Sandman would. Butcher and Macabre wouldn't mind either, its a horror movie to them. It just depends on who it is and if they have multiple characters, who they're using as well.

This fucking toolbag hit it right on the head. I'd whoop your ass any day of the week that ends in Y. They need to give you a match ASAP so we can all see if you break a nail or not, freak.

CM Rock-Austin
11-29-2012, 09:16 PM
For me I don't mind, it would be fun and interesting reading the promos and story lines between the two. Also as long it works because if she is a face, I don't want to my character to fight her but, if she is a heel, my character wouldn't hesitate to try his best to win :p.

VanHooliganX
11-30-2012, 04:22 AM
Really people? Some of you actually would have a problem losing to a female character?

This really shouldn't even be a bigass debate really.

If Female wrestler X is doing quality promos, arguably 1 of the better characters and doing a hell of a lot more hard work/outstanding promos then Male wrestler Y why in the hell wouldn't she be beating characters that aren't as good? Why wouldn't she win big titles? Because you suffer from the sin of Pride too much? For shame.

I'm 100% for women beating VHX, even beating him for titles or making him tap out like a bitch. If you've earned it, you've earned it.

BennyTheBall
11-30-2012, 07:07 AM
Really people? Some of you actually would have a problem losing to a female character?

If Female wrestler X is doing quality promos, arguably 1 of the better characters and doing a hell of a lot more hard work/outstanding promos then Male wrestler Y why in the hell wouldn't she be beating characters that aren't as good? Why wouldn't she win big titles? Because you suffer from the sin of Pride too much? For shame.

I'm 100% for women beating VHX, even beating him for titles or making him tap out like a bitch. If you've earned it, you've earned it.

Seconded.

10 char.

Glamour Girl
11-30-2012, 08:25 AM

I really appreciate that Van :). The whole e-fed experience is suppose to be about having fun and I feel sometimes people take it too seriously. In my opinion, the whole taboo of men hitting women comes from the general concept that women are not as strong as men and aren't able to defend themselves which makes it abuse, however, in the case of a woman who does not meet that criteria and is more than capable of defending herself then it's not abuse at all, specially in a wrestling scenario. I once again stress the fact that there aren't many women in e-fedding and even the guys with female characters rarely do IC'ing as their female characters which in turn leaves the rare female e-fedder unable to contribute much to the IC'ing as she has nobody to do it with. That hasn't been an issue for me when I've played as Athena as my "target audience" has changed and become wider.

Tommy Thunder
11-30-2012, 09:12 AM
]Really people? Some of you actually would have a problem losing to a female character?[/B]

No, no you've missed the point man. If you read the thread that's not the problem that some people here have. It's the problem of them literally hitting a woman. They don't want to be seen/portrayed as someone who is, what we in the UK would call, a 'wife/woman beater', since their character is essentially themselves.
It's nothing to do with losing to a woman I don't think. Anyone who's thinking like that is simply sexist, but again, from what we've gathered from this thread, that isn't the problem here.

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-30-2012, 09:49 AM
I have no problem letting TDA fight women. It would just be the first time he wrestled them without making them assume the missionary position (JK). But I seriously have no problem with it. There's so many logical ways for Athena to get a victory over a male or for a male to score a victory over her. Sure it could bruise some egos but I think she would be an equal match for Heavyweights and Light Heavyweights. Super Heavyweights might be a little bit of a match, but I think Athena has no limits nor should anyone limit themselves in an efed. Simply put~

Glamour Girl
11-30-2012, 10:42 AM
I have no problem letting TDA fight women. It would just be the first time he wrestled them without making them assume the missionary position (JK). But I seriously have no problem with it. There's so many logical ways for Athena to get a victory over a male or for a male to score a victory over her. Sure it could bruise some egos but I think she would be an equal match for Heavyweights and Light Heavyweights. Super Heavyweights might be a little bit of a match, but I think Athena has no limits nor should anyone limit themselves in an efed. Simply put~

I agree her odds of beating super heavyweights aren't good, but would they really be worse than the odds of someone like Chavo or Rey or Evan Bourne beating a super heavyweight? Most of the times those characters will lose to a super heavyweight and that wouldn't make me cry if the same happened to Athena so it's not like I'm expecting to win every match, but on rare occasions smaller characters have managed to beat a bigger one maybe through the use of a weapon, interference or plain luck so the same could apply to her.

Super_Dave
11-30-2012, 11:08 AM
I agree her odds of beating super heavyweights aren't good, but would they really be worse than the odds of someone like Chavo or Rey or Evan Bourne beating a super heavyweight? Most of the times those characters will lose to a super heavyweight and that wouldn't make me cry if the same happened to Athena so it's not like I'm expecting to win every match, but on rare occasions smaller characters have managed to beat a bigger one maybe through the use of a weapon, interference or plain luck so the same could apply to her.

Glamour Girl... just go wherever you want to go and Kick Ass!!! That's what the e-fed is all about...

Grind_Bastard
11-30-2012, 11:32 AM

The character would. He's fucking Pride!!! LOL

VanHooliganX
11-30-2012, 11:43 AM
No, no you've missed the point man. If you read the thread that's not the problem that some people here have. It's the problem of them literally hitting a woman. They don't want to be seen/portrayed as someone who is, what we in the UK would call, a 'wife/woman beater', since their character is essentially themselves.
It's nothing to do with losing to a woman I don't think. Anyone who's thinking like that is simply sexist, but again, from what we've gathered from this thread, that isn't the problem here.

It's a kind of both factor actually. You've probably seen more people before I started who would take losing to a female wrestler incredibly badly.

I don't really see how that can be a massive factor either honestly since we're not actually fighting each other. I can see what you're saying but this' EFedding. It's not real so we're not hitting any women and they're not doing the other domestic violence of beating up men.

I also don't really see any of us reading a scene were a female wrestlers beating down by people and think "OH COOL. IMMA TRY THIS IN REAL LIFE! HUEHUEHUEHUE!"

Glamour Girl
11-30-2012, 12:03 PM
It's a kind of both factor actually. You've probably seen more people before I started who would take losing to a female wrestler incredibly badly.

I don't really see how that can be a massive factor either honestly since we're not actually fighting each other. I can see what you're saying but this' EFedding. It's not real so we're not hitting any women and they're not doing the other domestic violence of beating up men.

I also don't really see any of us reading a scene were a female wrestlers beating down by people and think "OH COOL. IMMA TRY THIS IN REAL LIFE! HUEHUEHUEHUE!"

I agree again Van. Did anyone who saw Chyna wrestling guys back in the day or Jacqueline when she faced Chavo Guerrero or Lita and Trish vs Jericho and Christian feel they were being abused? Granted Lita and Trish can't hold their own against a man so it's not a fair fight and Jackie's small, but strong and very skilled so it wasn't that uneven, but still Chyna faced men most of her career and many men loved seeing her and were fans of hers. They didn't watch Chyna wrestle and win or lose and think she was the victim of abuse I assume.

The Tyndall Effect
11-30-2012, 12:44 PM
I really like the feud between Athena and Damian- mainly because my role as Damian is a gay guy- it proves for entertainment.

Beyond that, I have enjoyed the man-esque women in wrestling for the most part- namely Chyna and a some of Beth's work. It worked for them, so it should work in an e-fed for Athena.

But yeah, I feel fine using Damian against Athena, and I found it hilarious in a way that Whiz lost to her.

Super_Dave
11-30-2012, 03:14 PM
A Woman in a Man's World will work Glamour Girl and can be successful in the efeds.... Tyndall is here, and it has worked beautifully....

The Tyndall Effect
11-30-2012, 03:19 PM
A Woman in a Man's World will work Glamour Girl and can be successful in the efeds.... Tyndall is here, and it has worked beautifully....
Oh, you little slut.

scribbler_jones
12-03-2012, 01:32 AM
Hi guys, sorry I'm late!

(Glam, please don't be mad)

It looks like I missed a lot of the discourse here, I hate being late to the party...

Glamour Girl
12-03-2012, 08:20 AM
Hi guys, sorry I'm late!

(Glam, please don't be mad)

It looks like I missed a lot of the discourse here, I hate being late to the party...

Why would I be mad? Lol just go ahead and express your opinion sir :p.

eyehatecena
12-03-2012, 10:59 AM
I still do not see why it would be a big deal with a male wrestlers losing to a female. As Glamour has use Chyna as a great example. And in the last year or two or three Claudio(antonio cesero) has lost to Sara Del Ray, Heath Slater has lost to Lita and in some of indies women are always mixing it up in the ring with men. Its all about putting on a good show-besides its fake- the man is not really hitting to woman. Its the same with this efeding- its not real

scribbler_jones
12-03-2012, 12:23 PM
I still do not see why it would be a big deal with a male wrestlers losing to a female. As Glamour has use Chyna as a great example. And in the last year or two or three Claudio(antonio cesero) has lost to Sara Del Ray, Heath Slater has lost to Lita and in some of indies women are always mixing it up in the ring with men. Its all about putting on a good show-besides its fake- the man is not really hitting to woman. Its the same with this efeding- its not real

I think I understand a bit more about the topic of discussion now. And I agree withe EHC: first, if a woman is in a match with a man, then one would come to the conclusion that she wants to be there and is able to compete; therefore, she is willing to accept the consequences and is up to the challenge. Second, as stated above, women can - and have - come out on top over men. Decisively, at that. And third: I know for a fact that there are some ladies out there that could stomp men flat any given day of any given week (like Kharma :o )

I believe that intergender wrestling shouldn't be a flash-in-the-pan gimmick match; it should be more mainstream. I see it as a huge potential draw - because I don't know of any other physical sport that allows men to directly compete against women. I understand the risks some people see in it: not as much as women getting hurt as much as people worry that it sends a negative message... but I also believe that this sends an equally positive message: women can compete, survive, and thrive - not just in wrestling, but in any and all aspects of life. And why not? Last time I checked, men and women are human. Equals. They don't just deserve a chance to prove that... They have that chance, because frankly I fail to see what makes most men believe that it is their opportunity to give.

Damn, I'm long-winded...

scribbler_jones
12-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Oh, you little slut.

Get him, Tyndall lol!

scribbler_jones
12-03-2012, 12:40 PM

Going back to the well here, I see the bolded on the same level as losing a match to anybody period: it's a way to promote story and/or to help someone get over. Losing the match doesn't mean you lose - on the contrary, some of the best wrestlers out there "lose" constantly, and depending on how the match ended, everyone involved in the match comes out a winner. I think that as long as the fans enjoy it, as long as the wrestlers enjoy it, and as long as it keeps bringing people back for more, then everybody wins.