PDA

View Full Version : Edge lost his step?

SilverWWTNA
11-27-2010, 08:47 PM
Is it me or has Edge lost his touch as a good promo cutter and putting on a good match since his injury? I started to notice this in his recent promos and matches. He tries too hard in his promos. I cannot take the guy serious when he is cutting a promo. I laugh the whole time. The guys eyes pop out and he talks as if he does coke like some other TLC expert........... But anyways, the guy didn't have a decent match since his matches with The Undertaker & John Cena. His recent match with Kane was a yawn for me. Now in his matches, he moves slower than The Big Show! I blame PG and the injury for srewing up the Edge charecter. Hey, but at least he is in the WWE, isn't obsessed with Lita, isn't fat, and doesn't act like a douche unlike yet ANOTHER TLC EXPERT........ I just wish he can improve on his promos and matches thats all.

What do you think about PG Edge?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2ATQeRj6bc

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-27-2010, 08:49 PM
Edge has probably just lost interest. He is already planning on retiring in 2 years an moving away to North Carolina to work on a childrens book.

Bodom
11-27-2010, 08:50 PM
Crazy Edge before the injury was all sorts of awesome and WWE was PG. So you can't blame PG.

But you make a point. Edge hasn't been the same since he came back.

SilverWWTNA
11-27-2010, 09:24 PM
Crazy Edge before the injury was all sorts of awesome and WWE was PG. So you can't blame PG.

But you make a point. Edge hasn't been the same since he came back.

I would like to see him fued with Curt Hawkins or many more young talents just to put them to good use. Its annoying to see guys like Curt Hawkins and Chris Masters on WWE Superstars either winning a yawn match or jobbing to Cody Rhodes. Really WWE?

Iron Ape
11-27-2010, 09:52 PM
Yeah, he hasn't been particularly good since coming back. Seems to be running on auto-pilot or something.

What's this business about a children's book?

el gabo
11-27-2010, 10:09 PM
Yeah, he hasn't been particularly good since coming back. Seems to be running on auto-pilot or something.

What's this business about a children's book?

I think so many turns (heel, face, heel then face again) doesn't help him either.

Yeah, what is this thing about books? I've heard this a couple of times already.

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-27-2010, 10:11 PM
He talks about it in an interview with BTLS.

BodomInvader
11-27-2010, 10:11 PM
Maybe that is what he wants to do in the future!

SilverWWTNA
11-27-2010, 10:13 PM
I think so many turns (heel, face, heel then face again) doesn't help him either.

Yeah, what is this thing about books? I've heard this a couple of times already.

He changes from heel to face more times then Kevin Nash. He is made for a heel. His face days are pretty much or should be over by now.

Bodom
11-27-2010, 10:14 PM

That failed face turn didn't help at all.

Bodom
11-27-2010, 10:16 PM
He changes from heel to face more times then Kevin Nash. He is made for a heel. His face days are pretty much or should be over by now.
What do you mean? In the last 9 years he's only had maybe 3 face runs.

BodomInvader
11-27-2010, 10:18 PM
He is good either way, I just think he is biding his time until retirement since he is so injury prone.

Saiga
11-27-2010, 10:24 PM
i dont recall him turning heel n face so many times .... to my knowledge, he was a heel from late 2004 up until mid 2009 ... then he came back as a face for like 20 seconds before being his heel persona again .... he probably hasn't been able to transition to his face character from 2001 - 2004 as he was a bad guy for such a long time just like randy orton who had been a heel since 2005 and wasnt a face since early 2005 which it hard to make the transition ...

SilverWWTNA
11-27-2010, 10:25 PM
What do you mean? In the last 9 years he's only had maybe 3 face runs.

I don't mean in there whole career. Meaning in recent memory when Kevin Nash was in TNA with The Band and was a heel but they turned on him forcing him to be a face but rejoined with The Band. Like that.

Bodom
11-27-2010, 10:32 PM
I don't mean in there whole career. Meaning in recent memory when Kevin Nash was in TNA with The Band and was a heel but they turned on him forcing him to be a face but rejoined with The Band. Like that.

Except they turned Edge heel because his face run failed and they knew it. This recent face run at least felt organic. Not great, but at least natural.

IMO You can't really compare it to TNA's constant face/heel turns. They just turn people for the sake of turning

SilverWWTNA
11-27-2010, 10:36 PM
IMO You can't really compare it to TNA's constant face/heel turns. They just turn people for the sake of turning

Rhino and Jeff Hardy is a perfect example for that

Bodom
11-27-2010, 10:40 PM
Rhino and Jeff Hardy is a perfect example for that

Hell Eric Young is an even better example.

One week he's a frightened tweener, then a goofy heel, then a paranoid face, then a damn super hero, then a serious heel, then a fonzie wannabe, then a mentally challenged face

SilverWWTNA
11-27-2010, 10:53 PM
Hell Eric Young is an even better example.

One week he's a frightened tweener, then a goofy heel, then a paranoid face, then a damn super hero, then a serious heel, then a fonzie wannabe, then a mentally challenged face

I actually liked him as a serious heel. I don't know why they got rid of World Elite in the first place.

Bodom
11-27-2010, 10:57 PM
I actually liked him as a serious heel. I don't know why they got rid of World Elite in the first place.

I didn't care for World Elite. Sans British Invasion, they never before gave us a reason to care about any of them. Then all of a sudden they expect us to view them on the same level as the MEM?

EY is ok, but it felt like the were treating him like a bigger deal than what he really was.

Cena
11-27-2010, 10:59 PM
I hear EY do things for himself to go over but no help others

SilverWWTNA
11-27-2010, 11:04 PM
I didn't care for World Elite. Sans British Invasion, they never before gave us a reason to care about any of them. Then all of a sudden they expect us to view them on the same level as the MEM?

EY is ok, but it felt like the were treating him like a bigger deal than what he really was.

Yeah. Especially putting him and Kevin Nash together and comparing them to Shawn Michaels and Kevin Nash. I'm a fan of EY but he is no Shawn Michaels.

Bodom
11-27-2010, 11:08 PM
Yeah. Especially putting him and Kevin Nash together and comparing them to Shawn Michaels and Kevin Nash. I'm a fan of EY but he is no Shawn Michaels.

Im not a fan, but the guy has talent. He plays the comic relief well. Really hard to take him serious

BodomInvader
11-27-2010, 11:11 PM
Im not a fan, but the guy has talent. He plays the comic relief well. Really hard to take him serious

I agree 100%

K2Jelly
11-27-2010, 11:20 PM
Kinda like Eugene?

SilverWWTNA
11-27-2010, 11:36 PM
Kinda like Eugene?

And Perry Saturn. What a waste of a talent.

Bodom
11-27-2010, 11:39 PM
And Perry Saturn. What a waste of a talent.

Sigh............

IrkenInvader
11-27-2010, 11:41 PM
exhale..................

SilverWWTNA
11-27-2010, 11:43 PM
exhale..................

push....................

IrkenInvader
11-27-2010, 11:44 PM
push....................

You need a better synonym for sigh.

johnadah
11-27-2010, 11:46 PM
Agreed. I don't think his heart is in it anymore.

SilverWWTNA
11-27-2010, 11:53 PM
Agreed. I don't think his heart is in it anymore.

Who? EY Eugene, or Perry Saturn your talking about?

wallyman
11-28-2010, 12:18 AM
Is it me or has Edge lost his touch as a good promo cutter and putting on a good match since his injury? I started to notice this in his recent promos and matches. He tries too hard in his promos. I cannot take the guy serious when he is cutting a promo. I laugh the whole time. The guys eyes pop out and he talks as if he does coke like some other TLC expert........... But anyways, the guy didn't have a decent match since his matches with The Undertaker & John Cena. His recent match with Kane was a yawn for me. Now in his matches, he moves slower than The Big Show! I blame PG and the injury for srewing up the Edge charecter. Hey, but at least he is in the WWE, isn't obsessed with Lita, isn't fat, and doesn't act like a douche unlike yet ANOTHER TLC EXPERT........ I just wish he can improve on his promos and matches thats all.

What do you think about PG Edge?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2ATQeRj6bc

Edge just had his most horrible match i can remmber...that kane vs edge for the whc was so fucken wack and boring...and the finisher didnt even help...pushin kane with that spear my god...edge needs younger people to feud with...old men cannot work and make him look bad

Mr. McMahon
11-28-2010, 01:49 AM
i like edge as a face, but i agree he is a boring. i loved his face run around attitude era. great stuff

the wrestling shade
11-28-2010, 02:24 AM
dont you think that you should blame the creative for his promos i mean after all its all about the producer of the show he is the one who tells edge how he is supposed to act in the promo i dont think the problem here IS with edge he is just doing what the producer tells him to do but when it comes to his wrestling skills YEA i think edge in ring talent has moved back a little bit maybe because his knee injury is still fresh or because of somthing else who knows!!!!!!?

TLK
11-28-2010, 06:18 AM
There are a number of factors that probably make Edge look lacklustre at the moment. And have to agree he has lost a bit of his "edge" as of late and maybe it could be...

The booking and creative team are putting Edge into pointless angles at the moment. Look at the smackdown roster and see who you could put him in an interesting angle with. He has had a feud with Under,aker, and taker is out at the moment. Jack Swagger is not setting the world alight right now and seems to be jobbing. And Alberto Del Rio is too busy feuding with Rey. So not many others on that roster to have a decent angle with right now. Where as Raw seems to have a far better roster. Besides sheamus, you have The Nexus, Miz, Orton, Triple H just to name a few big names to give Edge a decent angle to put out.

Also most people have said he plays a better heel than a face and the Master Manipulator was just that. A face Edge right now looks stale in his current face turn while he practically would get so much heat from the crowd as a heel and also make a far better feud with the faces.

The last major injury. The Achilles also probably has a part to play as well. That injury has a major impact on all sports stars and some never recover fully and in some cases retire due to that.

Also the WWE talent roster does not have a lot of the new up coming talent that will match his status. Probably the only stand out new guys are Sheamus and Wade Barrett who are taking advantage of a major push. Most of the guys Edge has faced in his career who gave him his push and great angles are either in TNA or retired and the WWE needs to develop more interesting new guys to fill the shoes of the likes of Stone Cold and The Rock and they massive shoes to fill.

eboy
11-28-2010, 04:37 PM
i dont want it to sound as if im bitching or moaning About pg but what made edge so good to watch was the fact he was a outragous unpredictabele devil who as soon you heared "you think you know me" you knew something was gonna happen and with PG you just dont have the edge excuse the pun

notes:
TNA SORT YOUR SELF OUT
OMG WWE'S THE MOST EXITING IT'S BEEN IN YEARS
PG'S HERE STOP MOANING PEOPLE

maar13
11-28-2010, 10:04 PM
Well at some point he came in too fast. Also The face turn after the Rumble was doomed to fail, he was pushed too much too hard and all for nothing, He would have been given a opportunity if he would have won the title at Mania, which also would have being counter productive since Chris Jericho would have lost all the heat he had got as champion, which he did anyway after he lost it to Jack Swagger, so lost it to Edge would have been better in my opinion since Swagger really is not doing much after he lost it to Mysterio. Lots of bumps on the road of the WHC lately.

I think his trade to Raw was also a mistake since it was too crowded there and the Main event was so established that there was no room for someone else.

His trade to Smackdown seems to work better for him and he is able to come to his own again. In my view he is way more suited to be a heel but can play a psycho face well, I mean his angle with Kane is sick but it has put Kane on a level of stress that none has.

His match with Kane was slow, the finish with him winning got everyone excited there but the reverse decision killed it. He has been good during his matches at Smackdown lately so I thing he can comeback to the level he was before, even though it is tough since time does not forget and he has been through a lot during his whole career.

JimmytheBlack
11-29-2010, 02:28 PM

I never saw the comparison to HBK, probably because you're right. He doesn't have the ability to be taken seriously enough. Why else did he go back to the crazy assclown character.

JimmytheBlack
11-29-2010, 02:31 PM
Smackdown has become the back burner for all of WWE's older talent. Edge's new character is probably at a slower pace because there isn't much of a need to push him. Edge goes over without trying. As we get closer to WM, you'll see him begin to turn it up. Things always slow down before the royal rumble