PDA

View Full Version : The classic wrestling games!!!!!! Ps2, n64!!! Yeah baby!!!

CMBison
11-24-2012, 01:56 AM
I cannot wait to go home for the holidays and play my newly acquired SmackDown!: Here Comes the Pain, (The 1st)SmackDown! vs Raw, and SVR '08.

And even playing SmackDown!: Shut Your Mouth, SVR '06, SVR '07, and if I get the chance, SVR '09 for PS3.

That'll take me back and calm my jangled nerves. The game I cannot wait to play again is the 1st SmackDown vs Raw again. I remember renting that game when it first came out and loved. Ofcourse THAT got blown out of the water as soon as SVR 06 introduced GM Mode and hooked me good. So many memories to revisit this Christmas.

What was your favorite classic wrestling games, even N64. The only one I got is WCW/nWo: REVENGE.

Well?

AWrestlingGod
11-24-2012, 01:58 AM
I love WWF No Mercy and all the old Smackdown games especially Shut your Mouth.

But my favorite wrestling game of all time is still WWE Day of Reckoning 2. The graphics, the gameplay, the moveset, I just thought it was perfect. The only thing missing was the lack of voiceover in the story mode.

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-24-2012, 05:55 AM
I remember slaving over Smackdown! Know Your Role 1&2. I would skip sleep just to play Season mode all night long trying to acquire all of the unlockables. My obsession only grew when Raw 1&2 came out followed by Shut Your Mouth and Here Comes The Pain. The last game I was obsessed with that was released from that series would have to be... Smackdown Vs. Raw 2006 - Absolutely LOVED the General Manager Mode.

Kashdinero
11-24-2012, 08:00 AM
WWF No Mercy N64. Never been beaten in terms of playability as far as I'm concerned. I would love to get my hands on a few of those WWE/RoH/TNA mods of that game that guys like to upload videos of on YouTube--they'd probs play just awful, but it'd be fun for a while I'm sure.

Tommy Thunder
11-24-2012, 10:03 AM
I remember slaving over Smackdown! Know Your Role 1&2. I would skip sleep just to play Season mode all night long trying to acquire all of the unlockables. My obsession only grew when Raw 1&2 came out followed by Shut Your Mouth and Here Comes The Pain. The last game I was obsessed with that was released from that series would have to be... Smackdown Vs. Raw 2006 - Absolutely LOVED the General Manager Mode.

I'm with you there! I used to do exactly the same lol! Me and my brother used to play as either the Hardys or Too Cool!

CMBison
11-24-2012, 11:08 AM

Yup. No doubt. That's what I went through with every game that came out I coul get my hands on, I rented SVR, then SVR06, and kept going back to rent it. GM mode blew my freaking mind. Made sure got ll unlockable content I could. But the GM of the Year award was the center of my goal. How many times did you repeat the calender year of the GM Mode? the 1st time I ent through 3 times, but then it got boring because everyone on my roster were all in the level 90's except for 4, it got boring,so I started again with different roters every time.

Iron Ape
11-24-2012, 11:25 AM
WWF No Mercy N64. Never been beaten in terms of playability as far as I'm concerned. I would love to get my hands on a few of those WWE/RoH/TNA mods of that game that guys like to upload videos of on YouTube--they'd probs play just awful, but it'd be fun for a while I'm sure.
Brothers from different mothers.

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/4926/tinafey.gif

Seriously, the controls of the old N64 AKI grapplers have never been, and likely never will be, topped. Why so many subsequent series and games insisted on getting away from that set-up is way beyond me.

Steve Austin
11-24-2012, 02:47 PM
Don't rate No Mercy.

I really like all the Smackdown games. Raw was poor game play wise.

Kashdinero
11-25-2012, 05:32 PM
Brothers from different mothers.

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/4926/tinafey.gif

Seriously, the controls of the old N64 AKI grapplers have never been, and likely never will be, topped. Why so many subsequent series and games insisted on getting away from that set-up is way beyond me.

You know it! ;)

The block/counter system made for some seriously competitive matches if both guys or gals playing it had a similar amount of experience. I've never felt that any other game had that gritty realism that those games offered either. Like, the submission/KO aspect of the game has been unbeaten since then as well--nothing proved dominance better than landing that KO blow, only to slap on a submission, before the KO could register, and hearing the break of a bone while your bloody opponent was tapping furiously. Each incarnation of those games -whether it was WCW or WWF- added just the right amount of new additions to the game as well. My mind races at the possible tweaks we would have seen had things not have sadly and prematurely come to an end.

HeelTurn
11-25-2012, 07:15 PM
No Mercy was a beast of a game, only played it recently with my mates to.

Other than that I would say Smackdown Shut Your Mouth for the PS2 and I think it was Day of Reckoning 2 where you fought security guards and builders on scaffolding etc lol