PDA

View Full Version : AMW or Beer Money

body slam
11-27-2010, 12:26 PM
Two of the best tag teams in TNA history with the constant of James Storm. Which team do you prefer AMW the origional TNA tag team or Beer Money what is considered by many the most over if not the best tag team currently in TNA?

Not to get too for away from the subject but all good things come to a end. James Storm is kind of a modern day Bobby Eaton. He can give you a good singles match but seems to be made for tag team wrestling. Who would you like to see Storm teamed up with?

Bodom
11-27-2010, 12:37 PM
Tough question.

Beer Money is all sorts of awesome but I have to go with AMW.

AMW put TNA's tag division on the map. AMW started TNA's tag division and almost all of TNA's best matches involve AMW

Rich Cranium
11-27-2010, 12:43 PM
Damn it, it Pollmania around EWN and they get tougher and tougher!. I voted for Beer Money, I guess because I am more familiar with them as I only saw a few matches of AMW. didnt Chris Harris join WWE for like a minute?

**Did you know James Storm won a state title in amateur wrestling while in high school?

SilverGhost
11-27-2010, 01:10 PM
Damn it, it Pollmania around EWN and they get tougher and tougher!. I voted for Beer Money, I guess because I am more familiar with them as I only saw a few matches of AMW. didnt Chris Harris join WWE for like a minute?

**Did you know James Storm won a state title in amateur wrestling while in high school?

Braden Walker!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsGU71cJ4no&playnext=1&list=PL4A281D3BE1AD9BE3&index=45

ChrisQ1
11-27-2010, 01:25 PM
without AMW there would argubly be no beer money...so AMW obviously

qwerty704
11-27-2010, 01:30 PM
kinda tuff at first but if you think about it BEER MONEY takes the cake
they got the moves + tag team like outfits + a taunt that crowd can get into (like team 3d)
and way more charsmatic than amw

Dameduse823
11-27-2010, 01:43 PM
I say AMW was the better team. They had a lot of great matches and great rivalries back when TNA's tag division actually had more then 3 real teams. The other advantage in my eyes was that they could get over as faces or heels while Beer Money never did to well as faces

Cena
11-27-2010, 01:47 PM
I decide on Beer Money because with money you buy beer!

Mikeyboy7777777
11-27-2010, 01:54 PM
man tought question i think i have to go with beer money because they were very funny as face and as heels i mean in the royal rumble when robert roode almost eliminated james storm and then was like money money and then they hugged and got eliminated that was fun but pure for heel i would go with AMW that lethal finisher catatonic or something from chris harris was brutal but i would like to see james storm team up with TNA roster can't find anyone except robert roode to be quite honest

SilverGhost
11-27-2010, 01:58 PM
man tought question i think i have to go with beer money because they were very funny as face and as heels i mean in the royal rumble when robert roode almost eliminated james storm and then was like money money and then they hugged and got eliminated that was fun but pure for heel i would go with AMW that lethal finisher catatonic or something from chris harris was brutal but i would like to see james storm team up with TNA roster can't find anyone except robert roode to be quite honest

TNA has a royal rumble?

Cena
11-27-2010, 02:02 PM
TNA has a royal rumble?

You no watch TNA! They have BATTLE ROYAL and no ROYAL. RR is WWE only and that is lesson 101 for you so do study

Black Mass Reverend
11-27-2010, 03:00 PM
You no watch TNA! They have BATTLE ROYAL and no ROYAL. RR is WWE only and that is lesson 101 for you so do study

Dude WTF!?! No one told me Iron Sheik was a member of this forum....

BMI!!!

SilverLace
11-27-2010, 03:28 PM
Easy, Beer Money! Robert Roode is one of the few tag team stars in TNA that could successfully cross over into the singles division and probably do well for himself in the WWE!

"Beer" - Storm, "Money" - Roode - Vintage Beer Money

ChrisQ1
11-27-2010, 03:52 PM
Easy, Beer Money! Robert Roode is one of the few tag team stars in TNA that could successfully cross over into the singles division and probably do well for himself in the WWE!

"Beer" - Storm, "Money" - Roode - Vintage Beer Money

Robert Roode was a singles competitor before beer money and had a fued with booker t, he was placed in beer money because he wasnt over with the crowd as a singles wrestler. so if thats what why your siding with beer money then your arguments clearly floored. AMW have had countless classics in tna, unlike beer money which have had one good series with a far better tag team in MCMG

Justdawg08
11-27-2010, 03:53 PM
I love Beer Money. So my vote goes with them.

TNA had a 20man Gauntlet Style Battle Royal a while ago on Imapct... that's what he was talking about.

And I think Beer Money reminds me of a young HBK and HHH. James Storm being HBK and Roode being HHH. Even with some of their moves... super kick... spinebuster.... their looks.

IrkenInvader
11-27-2010, 04:09 PM
I've never heard of AMW so I'm not going to vote.

ChrisQ1
11-27-2010, 05:01 PM
I've never heard of AMW so I'm not going to vote.

any point commenting on it as well then?

IrkenInvader
11-27-2010, 05:04 PM
any point commenting on it as well then?

I was hoping someone would post a good vid.

ChrisQ1
11-27-2010, 05:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTN89mc-iTI

there you go, one of the best matches in tna history

IrkenInvader
11-27-2010, 05:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTN89mc-iTI

there you go, one of the best matches in tna history

That was epic. AMW gets my vote.

SilverCena
11-27-2010, 05:52 PM
Beer Money FTW Boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Never cared for the AMW rootbeer gimmick! jk - claps hands -

SevenCagedTigers
11-27-2010, 07:04 PM
Not to get too for away from the subject but all good things come to a end. James Storm is kind of a modern day Bobby Eaton. He can give you a good singles match but seems to be made for tag team wrestling. Who would you like to see Storm teamed up with?

The only question that's important when talking about tag team wrestling is... Who is the Marty Janetty? Say what you will about Beer Money or Motor City Machine Guns being great tag teams, I think all four of those guys are Marty Janettys. They are all high-spot artists who can't tell a story in the ring. None of them have the finesse on the mic to make it as singles wrestlers.

jcagosto
11-27-2010, 09:20 PM
The only important question when talking about tag team wrestling is "who is the marty janetty"!? Seriously dude?

Bodom
11-27-2010, 09:24 PM
Wow.........just Wow. Everyone has their opinions, but this is just wrong. Congrats on losing all credibility Tigers

el gabo
11-28-2010, 12:35 PM
The only question that's important when talking about tag team wrestling is... Who is the Marty Janetty? Say what you will about Beer Money or Motor City Machine Guns being great tag teams, I think all four of those guys are Marty Janettys. They are all high-spot artists who can't tell a story in the ring. None of them have the finesse on the mic to make it as singles wrestlers.

Actually Sabin (I think) was X Division champ so, I think you are wrong.

qwerty704
11-28-2010, 01:39 PM
dude AMW was just another cowboy gimmick, beer money even has a catchy theme
+ tna fell outta ideas cause of wild cat, wit beer money the shit is endless!!!

SevenCagedTigers
11-28-2010, 06:34 PM
Wow.........just Wow. Everyone has their opinions, but this is just wrong. Congrats on losing all credibility Tigers

To be a great wrestler, you need to have two basic things. Great in-ring skills and mic skills. Thats why some people never make it past the mic card. John Morrison puts on great matches, but he's garbage on the mic. Likewise, AMW were never good on the mic. Thats why they had to rely on Gail Kim as their manager. Beer Money had the inexplicable pairing of "The Pride of Tennessee" Miss Jackie. Even present day, Beer Money is relying on Ric Flair to be their mouthpiece. You can't expect me to respect Beer Money's mic work when for the majority of their careers they've relied on others on the mic.

I never said that theyre not great wrestlers, or that theyre not THE reason to watch TNA right now. I'm just saying none of those guys can stand alone because they're lacking in mic work.

Bodom
11-28-2010, 06:42 PM
To be a great wrestler, you need to have two basic things. Great in-ring skills and mic skills. Thats why some people never make it past the mic card. John Morrison puts on great matches, but he's garbage on the mic. Likewise, AMW were never good on the mic. Thats why they had to rely on Gail Kim as their manager. Beer Money had the inexplicable pairing of "The Pride of Tennessee" Miss Jackie. Even present day, Beer Money is relying on Ric Flair to be their mouthpiece. You can't expect me to respect Beer Money's mic work when for the majority of their careers they've relied on others on the mic.

I never said that theyre not great wrestlers, or that theyre not THE reason to watch TNA right now. I'm just saying none of those guys can stand alone because they're lacking in mic work.

Ok. Now I can see where you were going with that comment. But, look at Benoit and Mysterio. Both have god awful mic skills, yet made it to the top on their in-ring skills. I don't agree completely, but I can understand.

*looking back I realize that was a rather dickish post of mine, so I apologize*

ChrisQ1
11-28-2010, 08:28 PM
given the right push and adequate time on the mic, robert roode will make it as a amazing heel, a cross between rick rude (im better than all of you), Ted Dibiase (im richer than all of you) and triple h 2003-2007 (the look, willingness to do anything to win and skill in the ring)

TJHawkesybaby
11-29-2010, 07:13 AM
AMW!!!! I find Rude to be shocking...... that word sums it up for me ... Shocking!

Harris and Storm were THE original tag team for TNA i think they were the first tag team to ever come out of the back in the weekly PPV days and they have been involved in some of the best matches in TNA ever and what have Beer Money done.... been carried by MCMG in all there matches in that epic series! thats all theyve done....?

AMW all the way!!!! And Harris could cut it as a singles performer!

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-29-2010, 08:10 AM
Three letters A M W

U MAD???

ChrisQ1
11-29-2010, 12:07 PM
Three letters A M W

U MAD???

3 words BRING THEM BACK!!

Bodom
11-29-2010, 12:11 PM
3 words BRING THEM BACK!!

Amen to that.

JimmytheBlack
11-29-2010, 12:19 PM
Unless Storm took his character in a different direction. I don't see anymore who is more of a complement to him than Robert Rude. His attiude goes hand in hand with Storm's character. He was a great tag wrestler in AMW. I think Beer Money lets him stand out not only as a great singles guy, but not overshadow his tag team partner.

Mikeyboy7777777
01-15-2011, 05:57 PM
they had one match for 100 grand a couple of weeks ago

The Brown One
01-15-2011, 06:12 PM
they had one match for 100 grand a couple of weeks ago

What? Against who?

I voted for Beer.........wait for it................Money!!!!

beer money
01-16-2011, 08:29 AM
The fat virgin chris Harris or the punce with the ponytail Robert roode?