PDA

View Full Version : When did Triple H become Triple H (The Game)

natteulvendk
11-27-2010, 08:01 AM
I have just looked around and i cant seem to find out WHEN he started to use the Name Triple H or The Game ? he was some Snob at one point and it is ofc after that but anyone knows more precise ?

Bodom
11-27-2010, 09:38 AM
He dropped the "snob" gimmick around the time DX was first formed. He adopted the nickname "The Game" during the McMahon-Helmsley Faction era.
I guess early 2000?

Kashdinero
11-27-2010, 09:53 AM
I have just looked around and i cant seem to find out WHEN he started to use the Name Triple H or The Game ? he was some Snob at one point and it is ofc after that but anyone knows more precise ?

I believe it was a short while after Wrestlemania XV (1999) where he turned heel on his DX running buddy X-Pac and joined Vince McMahon's evil corporation. He shedded his DX gimmick and started calling himself The Game.
IMO It took him a while to get the hang of his new gimmick and the fans never took to the new HHH at first. Of course once he started Banging Stephanie fans had no choice in the matter. The Game was here for life!

shanethewolf
11-27-2010, 10:21 AM
He talks about it in his book, which is surprisingly a good read (though it's half a body building guide too). A lot of people thought he bulked up and got bigger when he became The Game, but apparently he just got ripped.

I always liked HHH as The Game. I think he plays a very menacing and convincing heel and has put on some of the best main events in WWF/E history. He gets criticised a lot for using his poliitcal power to get his spot, but he paid his dues, worked very hard and I've always believed he earned it.

Rich Cranium
11-27-2010, 11:10 AM
I like the story when Scott Steiner was told he needed to take a drug test, Scott replied, "I'll take it with Triple H" and he was excused!

Bodom
11-27-2010, 11:15 AM
I like the story when Scott Steiner was told he needed to take a drug test, Scott replied, "I'll take it with Triple H" and he was excused!

Or when Scotty would get out of WCW drug tests by citing an injured back

Kashdinero
11-27-2010, 11:32 AM

I remember Tripster gained a lot extra mass when he became The Game.

JLeeDude1892
11-27-2010, 12:40 PM
October 6, 1997 - RAW: Shawn Michaels was the first to refer to Hunter Hearst Helmsley as "Triple H".
~~~This was done to drop the "snob" gimmick and become more "cool" with the fans, and was then known by Triple H.

disguisedblender
11-27-2010, 01:57 PM
he became "the game" in an interview with J.R. i forget if he was out on injury, or just cutting a promo, but that's the first time "i am the game, i am that damn good" thing came about. it's pretty much stuck since then.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
11-27-2010, 02:08 PM
he became "the game" in an interview with J.R. i forget if he was out on injury, or just cutting a promo, but that's the first time "i am the game, i am that damn good" thing came about. it's pretty much stuck since then.

Technically, this is the truth (I wish I could find the video clip to show you guys) but for me, when he beat Stone Cold in the 3 stages of hell match clean, THAT is when he stopped simply being HHH and really became "The Game."

Justdawg08
11-27-2010, 03:55 PM
I'd say Armageddon 1999 (or maybe 2000) when Stephanie McMahon turned on her father to join Triple H.

the Bigz
11-27-2010, 04:59 PM

This interview was in July 1999 in the lead up to Summerslam and was the birth of "the game", Mr Perfect was referring to Hunter Herst Helmsley as Triple HHH on commentary in 1996 easily a year before Micheals did.

Sydnister
11-27-2010, 11:54 PM
Don't know any of the details but I sure liked him better once he started using the Motorhead music. Not a big fan of the game but I am a total mark for Lemmy and the boys.... lol

Rich Cranium
11-28-2010, 12:00 AM
Don't know any of the details but I sure liked him better once he started using the Motorhead music. Not a big fan of the game but I am a total mark for Lemmy and the boys.... lol

That song fits Triple H like a glove!

CMhuw24
11-28-2010, 06:19 AM
When he started squashing people?